Patrick Vieira | Crystal Palace manager no more, happy St Patrick's Day

Jeffthered

Going forwards we looked awful. Sure we don’t have world beaters but I am sure the right appointment could get more out of Eze, Olise, Zaha and Edouard. As a Chairman it must be frustrating to see any 2 of those benched for Schlupp and Ayew every week when scoring is your issue.
This is the issue really, because none of these players are goalscorers. They don't even play that way. They're 'ball players' which is great, but have little or no cutting edge. Just puts your whole team under pressure defensively... week in, week out. And decent teams figure it out...

Abraxas

Roy Hodgson is what they've come up with?

Don't really understand why teams aren't all over Postecoglu. The best indication you've got a winning manager is winning stuff, no matter who you do it for. Once is a pattern as far as I'm concerned and he's done it a few times in different places. Until you do that it's all hot air. He's won titles.

He talks well, straight to the point, makes smart signings that add huge value which is what you need as a lower PL club...what more do you want. If you want to actually progress from mediocrity to outstripping what you're supposed to do get someone like that. If you want to be mediocre forever sign Roy Hodgson, Rafa Benitez, Hassenhutl etc. Get big Ange you'll be top half next year.

Redlyn

Cheick Doucouré €22.60m
Naouirou Ahamada €12.00m
Chris Richards €12.00m
Marc Guéhi €23.34m
Joachim Andersen €17.50m
Odsonne Edouard €16.30m
Jean-Philippe Mateta €11.00m
Michael Olise €9.30m
Will Hughes €7.00m

132m Euros in the last 2 seasons. 5m income.
Sorry do you mean revenue in which case it is 200m+ given TV deal alone or you mean income as in after expenses in which case they made a profit? I am not getting the comparison.

TsuWave

Always liked this guy. Shame he’s a City legend. I used to buy him in football games for cheap for my team when he still played in Germany. I think he played for Hamburg then and was a DM rather than CB. He’d always develop into a good player in my play throughs

Seems like a sound dude

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sorry do you mean revenue in which case it is 200m+ given TV deal alone or you mean income as in after expenses in which case they made a profit? I am not getting the comparison.
For outgoing players. Basically most players that have left over the past two seasons have been due to contracts running out.

romufc

Ermm... where have I made any note of TV revenue or match day or anything of the sort?

Its clearly transfer related.... the comparison is.. Incomings v Outgoings.

Abraxas

Why would they sack him? I thought he’s done OK with them?
I guess it's the current trajectory more than the league position or points haul. Those things I think are what could be reasonably expected, give or take a few results.

It seems a tad harsh when you look at the context of the teams faced recently, some of the results they have got which shows they're still working for the manager (such as versus ourselves)

But I think ultimately if you don't look like scoring any goals, results are poor and you're hovering above relegation you are giving the board a decision. That new manager bounce becomes tempting just to get a few points and be safe. I can see the boards POV on that. I think as a manager these days you not only need to be achieving the overarching objectives but you also have to manage appearences. If you're looking this incompetent as a side and not scoring you've got a problem.

Redlyn

Ermm... where have I made any note of TV revenue or match day or anything of the sort?

Its clearly transfer related.... the comparison is.. Incomings v Outgoings.
Yeah I got it now but you used the word Income so can't blame me for misunderstanding.

redshaw

I'm a little surprised, I think with Zaha back and up to fitness with kinder fixtures they could've held on but it's also been an underwhelming season, they with many big teams are all sat around the bottom on similar points.

I hope for their sake they appoint someone that can energize them. This could spell relegation rather than a bounce if they make a rash appointment.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Seems harsh. They have had a bit of a dodgy season but not helped by injuries.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Somehow this feels like a parody of a chairperson giving a post manager-sacking interview from his car.

paulscholes18

No win in 12 and 3 points above the drop. I’d say they’re acting at just the right time.
Also 0 goals in their last 4 games and only 3 shots on target in those games (which were all in the 1st 10 minutes vs Brighton), as long as somebody takes the chains off Zaha, Eze and Olise they will be fine.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Definitely the right decision. Horrendous run since the World Cup. They were heading straight down. Might still do but had to take a chance.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Palace 12th in the table and never in the relegation zone and they sack him. Crazy.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
1 win in 16 in all competitions or something like that and something like 4 goals in the last 11 games.
Palace have also been pretty bad at scoring goals. Last season was an exception to the norm. In fact I had them as one of the favourites to go down last season but they did exceptionally well. Sacking Viera will definitely not change anything, that’s what makes it so ridiculous. If they go back to Hodgson after how poorly he did last season with Watford then they deserve to go down.

Mindhunter

The majority are in storage somewhere waiting until they get wheeled out for temporary exhibitions.
It helps if they are "honest", "hardworking", and have their "hearts in the right place". Or in another case, "cut from the same cloth".

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
We’ve never really got above our station at Palace, we’ve spent the majority of our history in the second tier so we’ve always been quite grateful to be in the PL for so long. We’ve been quiet through years of chronic underinvestment where other fanbases have gone after their Boards for spending far more than we have (West Ham, Everton etc) but if Hodgson comes back, well…I think that may change.

justsomebloke

I guess it's the current trajectory more than the league position or points haul. Those things I think are what could be reasonably expected, give or take a few results.

It seems a tad harsh when you look at the context of the teams faced recently, some of the results they have got which shows they're still working for the manager (such as versus ourselves)

But I think ultimately if you don't look like scoring any goals, results are poor and you're hovering above relegation you are giving the board a decision. That new manager bounce becomes tempting just to get a few points and be safe. I can see the boards POV on that. I think as a manager these days you not only need to be achieving the overarching objectives but you also have to manage appearences. If you're looking this incompetent as a side and not scoring you've got a problem.
Yeah, because you look a lot better reappointing Roy Hodgson.:)