Patson Daka / Signed for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I thought he was Belgian but seems he isn't and confused him with Doku who's in their squad for euros.

Leicester one of the best at planning ahead and replacing key players in premier league. Very well stocked upfront.

Personally think they should go all out for europa this season, got the squad to do it with what they're signing.
I agree. I think it's a reachable goal if they can stay healthy.

lysglimt

Scout
Leicester suddenly look dangerous now - Bertrand signing on a free together with this guy and Soumare, they suddenly have a decent squad which has cost them the last 2 seasons

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Leicester suddenly look dangerous now - Bertrand signing on a free together with this guy and Soumare, they suddenly have a decent squad which has cost them the last 2 seasons
Do you think? I don't think they've done enough to really do anything but challenge for top 4 again.

lysglimt

Scout
Do you think? I don't think they've done enough to really do anything but challenge for top 4 again.
Leicester have lost top-4 due to a poor squad - with these 3 players in, their squad looks a lot better already.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Leicester have lost top-4 due to a poor squad - with these 3 players in, their squad looks a lot better already.
I don't think drastically though. Daka looks good, but it's a huge step up from the Austrian league. Soumare doesn't really get me particularly worried and Bertrand is a back up. None of those signings will push Us, City, Chelsea or Liverpool out the top 4 IMO.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I don't think drastically though. Daka looks good, but it's a huge step up from the Austrian league. Soumare doesn't really get me particularly worried and Bertrand is a back up. None of those signings will push Us, City, Chelsea or Liverpool out the top 4 IMO.
we don't need to do anything drastic just more depth at key attacking positions, that's cost us both years we simple ran out of options at crunch time, that's the problem of punching above your weight doesn't take as much to knock you out.

As for Daka, he might be able to play wide, which if he can will be a plus, but he's a central striker, 6'1" and very quick, if he comes off we've got our Vardy replacement

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Patson Daka (born 9 October 1998) is a Zambian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Austrian team Red Bull Salzburg and the Zambia national team.

Full namePatson Daka
Date of birth9 October 1998 (age 21)
Place of birthKafue, Zambia
Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position(s)Forward

Daka scored 24 goals in 31 league appearances for the Austrian side last season. He's extremely quick and could prove to be a really smart acquistion.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/manchester-united-linked-with-interest-in-patson-daka/

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/manchester-united-enter-race-rb-18851893

I often find myself liking or disliking a player based on how good or rubbish the music is.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Those are backup options , as of now. Which will eventually help get points during the busy season.

Ndidi, Maddison, Tielemans, Soumare is probably one of the best midfield in PL.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Those are backup options , as of now. Which will eventually help get points during the busy season.

:lol: Give over!!

Soumare and Ndidi in the same team will offer little in terms of creativity or goals, leaving the main responsibility to Maddison.

That Midfield is no where near strong enough for a top four finish this coming season.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

I suspect it would be Soumare or Maddison depending on who we are playing, more rotation throughout the season would be needed too

bond19821982

Soumare and Ndidi in the same team will offer little in terms of creativity or goals, leaving the main responsibility to Maddison.

That Midfield is no where near strong enough for a top four finish this coming season.
That's the point mate. When Ndidi was out last year, the quality drop was huge. You won't feel that difference anymore.

GuyfromAustria

Very interested in how he turns out, will keep an eye on him. Very good player in our league, but not THAT outstanding like Mané or Haaland.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
we don't need to do anything drastic just more depth at key attacking positions, that's cost us both years we simple ran out of options at crunch time, that's the problem of punching above your weight doesn't take as much to knock you out.

As for Daka, he might be able to play wide, which if he can will be a plus, but he's a central striker, 6'1" and very quick, if he comes off we've got our Vardy replacement
Yeah, I'm not suggesting anything super drastic, just for me those signings obviously help your depth, but if Daka doesn't adapt, you've not strengthened a great deal.

Meh, I don't think it matter's if you're relying on 34 year old Vardy still. Our midfielder is weaker on paper, but who cares when you have Cavani, Rashford, Sancho and Bruno ahead.

Craig Ward

I'd take every one of leicester's midfielders over ours thats for sure!

Ndidi is better than anything we have at DM.
Maddison is one of the best creative midfielders in the country.
Tielemans is a better footballer than anything we have in midfield

Soumare is untested but he looks to be a more natural holding midfielder than either Fred or McTominey, and he's certainly got the legs on Matic.

Think your massively undervaluing how good Leicester's midfield players are.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Soumare is untested but he looks to be a more natural holding midfielder than either Fred or McTominey, and he's certainly got the legs on Matic.

Maddison's a good player but there's no room for him in our team, he plays the same position as Fernandes.

bond19821982

Meh, I don't think it matter's if you're relying on 34 year old Vardy still. Our midfielder is weaker on paper, but who cares when you have Cavani, Rashford, Sancho and Bruno ahead.
Except they are not . I know he scored 15 this season but Kelechi scored 12 goals despite not starting in the beginning and Barnes scored 8 until his injury. They are well stocked for goals.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Tielemans and Maddison are not better than Pogba and Fernandes mate.

beingshe7don

Tielemans and Maddison are not better than Pogba and Fernandes mate.
I think instead of comparing man for man. Their midfield as a trio is far better than ours. Yes, Ndidi probably tips the scales in their favor but even the chemistry seems better than ours.

Champ

That's the point mate. When Ndidi was out last year, the quality drop was huge. You won't feel that difference anymore.
Yeah you will.who comes in for Ndidi if he's out again?
It's a tidy midfield, worthy of a top 7 team.

No where near top 4 material.

Champ

Or you're massive over valuing and rating them??

Tielemens is not a patch on Bruno or Pogba.

Maddison one of the best creative minds in the country, so good Southgate didn't pick him for the England squad explaining he hasn't been as good as others in his position.

I think like some others on here, you bizarrely love Leicester!!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Except they are not . I know he scored 15 this season but Kelechi scored 12 goals despite not starting in the beginning and Barnes scored 8 until his injury. They are well stocked for goals.
But they are, Kelechi only started scoring at the end of the season and all of those goals you mentioned only got them 5th

Bondi77

Daka and Soumare for 40mil!
How much would it have cost us to get these two?
I reckon about 65mil with the complimentary Man Utd tax.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
Yeah you will.who comes in for Ndidi if he's out again?
It's a tidy midfield, worthy of a top 7 team.

No where near top 4 material.
They were very close to being a top four trophy midfield the previous two seasons. Since strengthening, how have they got worse?

Champ

They were very close to being a top four trophy midfield the previous two seasons. Since strengthening, how have they got worse?
I'm questioning if they have actually strengthened!?
The statement was that Leicester have the best midfield in the league. Quite blatantly false, and a signing of an unproven young player doesn't change that.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

Bruno is streets ahead of Maddison and Pogba is streets ahead of Tielmans.

Ndidi would be a good signing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.