Patson Daka / Signed for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not even as good a ighalo if we wanted that caliber of striker we should have kept him. Wasting 20 million on a player who will never be good enough shouldn’t be on United’s agenda.
I know literally nothing about him but why isn’t he good enough? Is he not pretty young?

Mark Pawelek

For:
  • fast
  • scored lots of goals in a lower tier league (Austria)
  • young and improving
  • inexpensive
Against:
  • Cavani may yet stay
  • united already have a younger, technically better, player in Mason Greenwood, who's about as fast
  • hard to gauge his real talent until we see him play against PL teams week in and week out.
  • united already have lots of young, forwards, many of them fast, who may also be able to fill the role of young forward at OT. Such as: Hugill, McNeill, Elanga, Emeran, Hoogewerf, Garnacho, Mejia
  • united need a technically good, forward with more experience to score against PL teams who often employ a low block. Some quick players with contracts expiring in 2022 are: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Odsonne Edouard (Celtic). They should also be inexpensive. We should surely look at Belotti?
Maybe scouts think he's not really the player United need, and that we should be splashing more cash for a better, more experienced stop-gap, until Greenwood and/or some of the 7, or so prospects listed above come of age.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Not even as good a ighalo if we wanted that caliber of striker we should have kept him. Wasting 20 million on a player who will never be good enough shouldn’t be on United’s agenda.
:lol: :lol:
Righto.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Yes 11 minutes, 3 goals and he still needs to much time.
The three goals he scored at the weekend were instinctive finishes, the first a great run into space to get on the end of a long pass, first time finish without breaking stride.
His second was an absolutely excellent header, with a perfectly timed run, the third was a tap in, but what I am getting at here is the nature of the goals he has scored shows he has a natural instinct as to where the goal is, quite a lot of his goals seem to come from first time shots and he seems to be very good with his head.
Granted you may know the player better than what I do - but when someone is posting those kind of numbers I think it's clear he has a natural eye for goal.

Red_toad

I know literally nothing about him but why isn’t he good enough? Is he not pretty young?
Needs too much space to operate in as isn’t technically good enough to play in a top class side. He’d get eaten alive in the premier league.

Resch

Could Daka be the next Mane, Haaland (wordclass player) from Salzburg? Yes he could, but he also could be the next Haidara, Samassekou, Bernardo, Koita.... Good players but wont help teams like United to make a step forward. His first touch is often too sloppy, unter pressure he is not the best finisher. Things he could learn but it is a sort of gamble.

Bondi77

I have just seen that his agent has said it will be time to move in the summer;
I hope we are front runners when it comes to pursuing him as I think he would be a star at our club.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Can’t argue with those numbers, tbf. But he does feel like the type of player you’d expect to take one more stepping stone club with before leapfrogging to the very top of the PL list.
Well, here’s the stepping stone I suppose.

Judas

Open to offers
Players will soon realise PL teams like Leicester aren't the best stepping stones, because they'll end up being priced out of a move to a bigger English club. He'll cost a fortune to buy if he does well.

Gandalf

I am no expert but as we didn't get him I am going to hope that the fact the no truly big clubs, particularly the Germans who normally pick over the best of Austria, were in for him is a true indication of his level and he does not turn out to be world class.

Godfather

Ambitious and brave signing my Leicester. Will be interesting how he fares in the PL. Huge talent.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Could be a great signing, will be interesting to see if he can continue his record

GledTheRed

Players will soon realise PL teams like Leicester aren't the best stepping stones, because they'll end up being priced out of a move to a bigger English club. He'll cost a fortune to buy if he does well.
They need to get smart and insist on reasonable get out clauses.

I bet Zaha and Kane wished they did.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Neither signing is official yet.

We’re still waiting on Bertrand to be confirmed as well.

We no longer do release clauses, after getting stung for £35,000,000 for Kante.

Leicester are the team upsetting the established Apple cart though I guess. Our owners are like no others in the league. I don’t think we can continue to be seen as a stepping stone club, if we can finally get ourselves over the line and actually break into the top 4 one season!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Agents will soon cop on to it if they do feel that is the case

Koita looks the much better all-round player...and Salzburg fans seem to be just about unanimous that he is.

Daka's a nice Vardy replacement though. Similar strengths: always on the shoulder, rapid, good finishers. Neither do much in the build up.

Bondi77

I would have liked to have got him at Utd, we need a direct quick forward who is a goal scorer and 23mil seems like a fair price.

gajender

I am no expert but as we didn't get him I am going to hope that the fact the no truly big clubs, particularly the Germans who normally pick over the best of Austria, were in for him is a true indication of his level and he does not turn out to be world class.
Unfortunately it doesn't mean much Mane moved directly from Austria to England as well and we all know how that turned out .

macheda14

Firstly the way Leicester are being run they may soon become the destination for a lot of players rather than the stepping stone. Obviously there will always be heritage clubs that players dream about playing for and I don’t think they’ll be challenging for the title again. But they most definitely could be in and out of the CL spots over the next few years. And for some players that’s their peak.

However for the players who want to go to CL/EL team and then move on to a title winning team I have a feeling you’ll just have a lot of players going to clubs and then running down their contracts. Go to Leicester at 22 and leave on a free or get sold the season before their deal expires.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
These kind of signings are really shrewd. Not all will make it but they are going for the most interesting profile of player for me. There’s no real pressure on them to make CL and they always have an improving young team. They have signed and developed some world class players and they aren’t slowing down. Their recruitment is clearly top notch.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

I sense that he’ll be amazing for them, and two years from now we’ll be wondering why we werent in for him in 2021 as Kane and Haaland go anywhere but Utd.

Thats how it’s typically gone the past few years :(

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think scouts have been flagging this lad for the past two seasons. It’ll probably take a while for him to settle but in theory it’s a very good succession plan for Vardy whose career seems to be flickering… phase him out and Daka in as the season progresses. I wouldn’t be racing to put him into your FPL team just yet.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought he was Belgian but seems he isn't and confused him with Doku who's in their squad for euros.

Leicester one of the best at planning ahead and replacing key players in premier league. Very well stocked upfront.

Personally think they should go all out for europa this season, got the squad to do it with what they're signing.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Great signing for Leicester in a market where there aren't many striker options.

UpWithRivers

23 mill!! How did they manage that. Not only is he a good player at a cheap price but is the exact player to fit their style of play. Always good recruitment at Leicester

0le

For all the talk about Leicester making shrewd signings, do not forget that this is the same team that has bottled the CL top 4 race two seasons in a row.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Never seen him play? A vardy clone or different type of striker?
Wide man. Which we already have a few of. Not quite as instinctive as Vardy but then again he’s been a one off. We won’t be seeing his like for a long while( by that I mean the journey he went on)

dinostar77

Wide man. Which we already have a few of. Not quite as instinctive as Vardy but then again he’s been a one off. We won’t be seeing his like for a long while( by that I mean the journey he went on)
Scored alot of goals for a wide man. Be interesting to see how he does next season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Scored alot of goals for a wide man. Be interesting to see how he does next season.
Not disrespecting Salzburg but he won’t be getting that amount of space.

He’ll be fine and it’s a better club for him than the microscope of Utd...not that we were ever in for him

Status
Not open for further replies.