Patson Daka

TrustInJanuzaj

Not even as good a ighalo if we wanted that caliber of striker we should have kept him. Wasting 20 million on a player who will never be good enough shouldn’t be on United’s agenda.
I know literally nothing about him but why isn’t he good enough? Is he not pretty young?

Mark Pawelek

For:
  • fast
  • scored lots of goals in a lower tier league (Austria)
  • young and improving
  • inexpensive
Against:
  • Cavani may yet stay
  • united already have a younger, technically better, player in Mason Greenwood, who's about as fast
  • hard to gauge his real talent until we see him play against PL teams week in and week out.
  • united already have lots of young, forwards, many of them fast, who may also be able to fill the role of young forward at OT. Such as: Hugill, McNeill, Elanga, Emeran, Hoogewerf, Garnacho, Mejia
  • united need a technically good, forward with more experience to score against PL teams who often employ a low block. Some quick players with contracts expiring in 2022 are: Andrea Belotti (Torino), Odsonne Edouard (Celtic). They should also be inexpensive. We should surely look at Belotti?
Maybe scouts think he's not really the player United need, and that we should be splashing more cash for a better, more experienced stop-gap, until Greenwood and/or some of the 7, or so prospects listed above come of age.

Last edited:

Champ

Not even as good a ighalo if we wanted that caliber of striker we should have kept him. Wasting 20 million on a player who will never be good enough shouldn’t be on United’s agenda.
:lol: :lol:
Righto.

Champ

Yes 11 minutes, 3 goals and he still needs to much time.
The three goals he scored at the weekend were instinctive finishes, the first a great run into space to get on the end of a long pass, first time finish without breaking stride.
His second was an absolutely excellent header, with a perfectly timed run, the third was a tap in, but what I am getting at here is the nature of the goals he has scored shows he has a natural instinct as to where the goal is, quite a lot of his goals seem to come from first time shots and he seems to be very good with his head.
Granted you may know the player better than what I do - but when someone is posting those kind of numbers I think it's clear he has a natural eye for goal.

Red_toad

I know literally nothing about him but why isn’t he good enough? Is he not pretty young?
Needs too much space to operate in as isn’t technically good enough to play in a top class side. He’d get eaten alive in the premier league.

Resch

Could Daka be the next Mane, Haaland (wordclass player) from Salzburg? Yes he could, but he also could be the next Haidara, Samassekou, Bernardo, Koita.... Good players but wont help teams like United to make a step forward. His first touch is often too sloppy, unter pressure he is not the best finisher. Things he could learn but it is a sort of gamble.

Bondi77

I have just seen that his agent has said it will be time to move in the summer;
I hope we are front runners when it comes to pursuing him as I think he would be a star at our club.