Patson Daka / Signed for Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

beingshe7don

Patson Daka (born 9 October 1998) is a Zambian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Austrian team Red Bull Salzburg and the Zambia national team.

Full namePatson Daka
Date of birth9 October 1998 (age 21)
Place of birthKafue, Zambia
Height1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
Playing position(s)Forward

Daka scored 24 goals in 31 league appearances for the Austrian side last season. He's extremely quick and could prove to be a really smart acquistion.

https://www.unitedinfocus.com/news/manchester-united-linked-with-interest-in-patson-daka/

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/manchester-united-enter-race-rb-18851893

SwedishFish

Could be an option if Ighalo leaves in January. Can't see him coming this window though. Would be quality competition for Martial.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Love his runs into the box, for crosses from the flanks. We are desperately missing a forward that is good at that. Obviously, it is very hard to judge if a player playing in Austria can make it in EPL, but he scored 2 quick goals against Liverpool, a week ago (granted: in a friendly) so we should sign him just for that :)

Blood Mage

He can play on the flanks too, he'd be a great option to look at if we miss out on Sancho.

SinNombre

He is not an option if we miss out on Sancho.

He is an option to back up Martial if/when Ighalo goes back to China in January.

For 15-20m, I think he can come in and do a Chicharito.

Also, Salzburg are very good at scouting players from these lesser represented countries.

Resch

He is not an option if we miss out on Sancho.

He is an option to back up Martial if/when Ighalo goes back to China in January.

For 15-20m, I think he can come in and do a Chicharito.

Also, Salzburg are very good at scouting players from these lesser represented countries.
15-20 millions would not be enough. Haaland had a clause in his contract, Daka has no or a insane one. Most of the Salzburg fans expect 20 millions now and 30 or more, if he keeps performing on this level.
I level him between 20 and 30 millions on a non Corona market. If United wants to buy cheap, they would have to buy now and send him back to Salzburg for a year. ( I would recommend that strategy for Szoboszlai too)

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know I’m very much an anti-sentiment poster, but my heart wants Josh King back home for the post-Ighalo back up role.

ghagua

Looks like a very good finisher who seems incredibly fast. May be worth a gamble to bring him in early before someone snaps him up.

Suvvernmanc

This guy Daka or Emmanuel Bonaventure 'Dennis' from club Brugge would be great business from us seeing as we are in the need of a striker from January. Both similar players that would compliment and push Martial. Could be a cheap too

Sea-Cow

And people who are more familiar -- could he not be useful as a wide-forward? Not a winger necessarily, but someone pushed up high on the right?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
And people who are more familiar -- could he not be useful as a wide-forward? Not a winger necessarily, but someone pushed up high on the right?
I dont know him well, but what I saw of him in his highlights there, I couldn't see why not. Looks pretty two footed, happy to run the channels, pretty skillful - albeit at a lower level. No reason he couldn't play there, unless he can't take instruction well or had poor awareness of the space his team mates occupy.

Resch

Most of the time Salzburg uses a 4 2 2 2 without real wingers. The forward are used to drift outside to support full backs and open some space for the CMs. But he is not used to play as a wide- forward. Marsch tried a 4-3-3 from time to time, but, for me, it has not worked well enough.
Daka improved much last season, but he still reacts like a headless chicken in front of the goal at times. He has to improve in front auf the goal, and has to work on his first touch.

AsonUnique

All in on this one. Would be a great signing. Makes clever runs in the box, quick and gets in good positions.

Comes from the RB system where they press high. He has some good prospects that would be able to replace him if he left in Adeyemi and Koita.

beingshe7don

There’s the scorer of scruffy goals Solskjaer is after.
exactly.... He fits the Solskjaer mold of striker who would accumulate those scruffy goals. He's extremely quick.... probably similar to Rashford.

beingshe7don

Daka is being followed by Liverpool closely. If I were Ed, I would get him and have him loaned to Red Bull Partizan for this season. He's a prolific goal scorer and next window the Spanish giants go all crazy in the transfer window and they try to remedy this window just like how Chelsea have.

We've got bargains now with the likes of Daka, Thiago, Regulion, Stevanovic and we should make the best use of it.

Mark Pawelek

Daka is being followed by Liverpool closely. If I were Ed, I would get him and have him loaned to Red Bull Partizan for this season. He's a prolific goal scorer and next window the Spanish giants go all crazy in the transfer window and they try to remedy this window just like how Chelsea have.

We've got bargains now with the likes of Daka, Thiago, Regulion, Stevanovic and we should make the best use of it.
Thiago's wage demands are too high. At 29 his transfer fee can never be recouped. So not actually a bargain at all. Plus age too high, considering Matic is 32 too. The other 3 - yes: they'd be SAF value-in-the-market signings.

Mark Pawelek

I agree: Scruffy goal scorer, very fast, but dodgy first-touch. Tie-in our with cultured goal-scorers: Greenwood, Martial and Rashford. Bit of a risk due to the first touch issue which sunk Lukaku as a first-choice forward. Provided he's happy to rotate (coming on for last 20 minutes, plan B, and cup ties), he'd be a worthwhile signing.

jesperjaap

If we sign THAT right winger or a right winger even, surely Greenwood will be moving inside, personally see no reason to be buying a striker, not in this window anyway when we also have Ighalo until Christmas as well

Resch

I agree: Scruffy goal scorer, very fast, but dodgy first-touch. Tie-in our with cultured goal-scorers: Greenwood, Martial and Rashford. Bit of a risk due to the first touch issue which sunk Lukaku as a first-choice forward. Provided he's happy to rotate (coming on for last 20 minutes, plan B, and cup ties), he'd be a worthwhile signing.
Daka was the the second option as striker most of last season. Hwang and Haaland started until Feb. After Haaland left, Daka got the starting spot. Marsch is used to a rotation, so Daka has to be happy to rotate.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Looks very good in the video. I won’t be surprised if we really are eyeing on this guy. I mean if you look at the potential of our bench option next season, we kinda need to upgrade that Ighalo’s spot.

Dean
Bailly/Tuanzebe
Williams
Matic/Scott/Fred
Van de Beek
James
Ighalo/Lingard

Jibbs

I have been saying this for an year now, this guy is the real deal and United should seriously consider getting him.

AsonUnique

4 goals in one half today, granted it was against a 3rd tier Austrian team. Also rumors of Tottenham sniffing around. Starting to gain some more hype...

Resch

4 goals in one half today, granted it was against a 3rd tier Austrian team. Also rumors of Tottenham sniffing around. Starting to gain some more hype...
4 goals and 2 assists in 45 minutes.
Salzburg without national team players (Szoboszlai, Ulmer, Bernede, Okafur, Berisha,...) and without Junusovic.

arthurka

Scored again today.. It's just halftime he could get another in the second.

LuckyScout78

Looks really fast, sharp and determination. I like his guts and energy. Just need a Vardy type striker with ability to pass and beat defenders.

Clearly upgrade from Ighalo. And special Martial needs of this guy 100% determination and killer instinct.

100% determination in everything you do on the pitch is one of the key factor of doing well. Opposite is sloppy and unfocus.

Last edited:

Resch

Salzburg won again today after a red card in the 6th minute and being down 1:0. Daka should have scored 2 or 3. But great afford, a great threat at the counter and showed everything you want from a forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.