Pau Torres

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Apparently it's his favoured position, but because he's never had a left-footed CB partner he's always playing on the left due to the fact he's always been the most comfortable with both feet compared to the other CB.

That's why Ole wants a LCB, to unlock Maguire's full attacking potential.
Sounds like music in my ears, thanks.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Manchester United press to close the signing of Pau Torres before the Euro
Other clubs interested in the Spanish central are resigned: "They have it very progressing," they explain to
It is on the Real Madrid agenda

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Don't believe it for a second

How did he do against Arsenal tonight?

Rojow

I only hope we close all our transfers the soon as possible. Not the same as usual of having months of tweets and rumours.

RkkMan

Sounds like he's about to sign for Madrid but his agent/club want some more €€€€ to close the deal.
Madrid doesn't make sense they're signing a left footed CB in Alaba plus Militao is coming of age for them

Infra-red

Madrid doesn't make sense they're signing a left footed CB in Alaba plus Militao is coming of age for them
It's Madrid - nothing they do makes sense. They'll probably sell Varane for twice what Torres ends up costing them

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He seems to fit the criteria more so than Varane, who I think will eventually sign a new contract at Madrid.

RkkMan

It's Madrid - nothing they do makes sense. They'll probably sell Varane for twice what Torres ends up costing them
I still fancy us to beat them to him if he'll prefer game time. Plus Varane will renew IMO there's no way they'll let him and Ramos leave he's the natural heir to the captaincy and in his prime CB years
And they're not getting anything over £60m for Varane if he did leave

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Kounde, White and Torres have been the 3 CB that have been consistently linked with us.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He just looks too much like Lindelof, I get such bad vibes.

Infra-red

Kounde, White and Torres have been the 3 CB that have been consistently linked with us.
All three are quick, good on the ball and very weak in the air. Seems we have a 'type'.

They'd probably be OK partners for Maguire, but I'd dread the thought of pairing them with Bailly/Lindelof up against a tall/strong #9 - we'd be bullied all day long.

bucky

I just don't see it with him. There's so many better options. Hopefully it's nothing more than a rumour.

Number32

All three are quick, good on the ball and very weak in the air. Seems we have a 'type'.

They'd probably be OK partners for Maguire, but I'd dread the thought of pairing them with Bailly/Lindelof up against a tall/strong #9 - we'd be bullied all day long.
If this was your concern, you should jump in Botman's train then. He's not quick, but very strong in the air.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

When Solskjaer so definitively opted for Lindelof over Smalling that was a signal in terms of the sort of qualities we want from a CB, I think.

As is it looks like we want a better version of Lindelof, not a different type of CB.

Hanky panky

I would like to see some fast CB with Maguire. Or actually we need to sign some fast CB to play with Maguire. But, i dont like the idea of another weak CB in air. Even that is Maguires strenght.

beingshe7don

Torres looked pretty average. Not sure if he's worth 45m that's being quoted for him. Kounde seems the perfect foil for Maguire. Torres gives me Lindelof vibes

jamesjimmybyrondean

An Arsenal fan review on yesterday's game from Reddit

"He was freaking fantastic against us. SUPER composed on the ball, confident in his passing. Kind wish Gabriel had his passing. If he grows in stature, he'd be pretty complete."

I personally think he's our prime target at CB. Not seen him but from the reviews I've seen he's a good defender and an excellent passer. I think Ole likes his squad to have variation and him being left footed gives us that. I thik this transfer is more likely to happen than Sancho or a DM

Last edited:

RkkMan

Can't see him leaving Spain... Will end up at real or barca... probably real
Madrid are signing a left footer CB in Alaba plus Militao is coming of age(that's without factoring in Varane eventually extending)
Barca have never been strongly linked with him

Dante

Average bang
Can he win a physical duel against a strong attacker running or jumping alongside him? Because that's the thing that makes Lindelof a weak link.

If Torres' game is about being nothing more than a decent distributor, it would barely be an upgrade.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah I don't enjoy seeing "beast in making" sort of videos which are dominated by attacking prowess and long balls from a CB. I care about his positioning, speed and defending.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But can he defend and jump for headers other than able to pass the ball very well?
From what i've heard from regular observers of the player, he's average aerially, average pace and very one footed. He seems like a player that isn't suited to the English game and we'd have to be very patient with him if we signed him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is aerial dominance something we need since Henderson took over De Gea?