Paul Ince could have done it...

Halftrack

René Meulensteen interview with Norwegian newspaper, regarding Paul Ince rumblings on Solskjær.
https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/0...idiotisk?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=row-4

- We are beyond the stage where one can say that it is more about that Mourinho's gone, than that Solskjær has come in. People can say what they want, but Ole has come in with a very clear thought and has put a very clear stamp on the team, says Meulensteen, who hits up what he thinks is the Norwegian's three most important steps:

1) He has given the players the confidence back.
2) He has reminded players of the responsibility of being a Manchester United player.
3) He has reinstated the offensive United way of playing football.

- If I had been Ole, I would think that statements like Ince are a natural part of Manchester United's boss. But I will tell you one thing: Ole will not let himself be influenced by it. He is not one who cares about criticism, says Meulensteen.
He also sees Ince's statement one of jealousy, and calls it condescending. Ince can claim all he wants that he's not trying to be disrespectful, but he's arguing that nothing that has happened since Ole took charge is down to Ole. No matter how you look at it, that's pretty disrespectful.

Also, this tweet from Erik Nevland made me chuckle:
Translates to "Paul Ince can go have a pear #whataclown". In Norway, suggesting that someone go have themselves a pear (or a bun, that's the one I'm most familiar with) is another way to tell someone their opinion is wrong.

Last edited:

subotai

Translates to "Paul Ince can go have a pear #whataclown". In Norway, suggesting that someone go have themselves a pear (or a bun, that's the one I'm most familiar with) is another way to tell someone their opinion is wrong.

Brutal. No wonder you Scandy types have such a bad name.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Ince has managed in all 4 divisions, not many can say that !!

Cant recall what Club he is leading to Glory right now.

Oh Hang on ......

Did not like him at west Ham
Did not like him as the Guvnor ( but a good player non the less )
Did not like him at Liverpool
Did not like him as a manager
Do not like him as a pundit

I think its fair to say, I am not his biggest fan !!!
I think that's precisely the problem; his biggest fan by a distance is himself. How he can even put himself in the same bracket as Hughes and Brucie in terms of motivating players out of ruts is beyond me.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I risk bringing the wrath of Stewart Lee on me by using his ancestral turn of phrase, but someone needs to give it to Ince straight, like pear cider that's made from 100% pears.

SqueakyWeasel

René Meulensteen interview with Norwegian newspaper, regarding Paul Ince rumblings on Solskjær.
https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/0...idiotisk?utm_source=vgfront&utm_content=row-4

- We are beyond the stage where one can say that it is more about that Mourinho's gone, than that Solskjær has come in. People can say what they want, but Ole has come in with a very clear thought and has put a very clear stamp on the team, says Meulensteen, who hits up what he thinks is the Norwegian's three most important steps:

1) He has given the players the confidence back.
2) He has reminded players of the responsibility of being a Manchester United player.
3) He has reinstated the offensive United way of playing football.

- If I had been Ole, I would think that statements like Ince are a natural part of Manchester United's boss. But I will tell you one thing: Ole will not let himself be influenced by it. He is not one who cares about criticism, says Meulensteen.
Great interview … anyone else notice it was conducted in Wilmslow? Rene coming home?

crossy1686

career ending
Agreed! That's exactly what I was implying two posts above when I pointed out that the Norwegian interview was held in Wilmslow the other day … here's hoping!
It would be great. I wonder how much influence Fergie is having within the board room at the moment. Everything post Mourinho seems to look like a Fergie decision, in regards to appointments and what not.

Lam

I think he gets paid basis the number of clicks/engagement his comments generate. That's the only logical reason I can think of for acting stupid.

Otherwise, he is just stupid and suffering from lack of attention.

Seven Seas Sardines

Let's start what I thought this thread was about.

Paul Ince could have...
  • cured cancer
  • found life on Mars
  • made Piers Morgan look like a genius
  • survived Klopp's breath
  • employed scousers
  • made Pep's and Conte's hair grow back
  • rejuvenated Sanchez
  • given Lukaku a first touch
  • given himself humility

The man loves the sound of his own voice, and 99% of the time talks utter bollocks.
Surely even Ince doesn’t like his voice? He sounds like a girl with a cold. Just imagine him calling himself the guvnor with a voice that makes David Beckham sound manly.

The guy is a tool.

Kag

Ince showing that controversy brings in the bucks. On BT, again.

Slating Ole must be the best thing to happen to his career since he got sacked at Blackburn... the knob.

Djemba-Djemba

Cowardly actually backtracked on the shite he's been saying.

It was only a week ago he wrote an article saying he could have done what Ole has yet on BT he said he only said it after the first 4 or 5 games.

Moron.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ince showing that controversy brings in the bucks. On BT, again.

Slating Ole must be the best thing to happen to his career since he got sacked at Blackburn... the knob.
BT are clearly on the windup.

Whose bright idea was it to ask Paul Ince to be a pundit for our biggest game of the season?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Why does he always sound so incoherent?

Chairman Steve

BT brought in 3 Utd representive pundits and two of them are turncoats, and one of those turncoats is being given an annoyingly large platform to give his opinion that I don’t think he really believes and is only doing it because £££ by being the token contrarian.