Paul Ince could have done it...

El Jefe

Ince is a twat.

Wrighty is an undercover United fan. He always gets giddy about Marcus and Lukaku too when he was here. Also one of the few pundits to be a fan of Pogba too.

Gazza

Ince, Hughes, Keane... spot the trend. Each one was cast off into the ether when they no longer served a purpose, and you can feel resentment when each of them speaks about United. They’ve said conciliatory things at various points too, but overall they don’t share the same bond with the club as other ex-players. Really, their beef is with Sir Alex and his utterly ruthless management style. The funny thing is that all three of them have been managers and done similar things to what Fergie did to them, but I think it’s still just a case of raw emotions. I don’t think any of them hate the club or dislike it, beyond that.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I didn't read the article, but isn't this just stating the bleedin' obvious?

Paul Ince "The grass is green"

Can't argue with him on that point, the man talks sense.
It takes a split second to establish the grass is green but Pogba’s future has been rumbling on for months and still hasn’t been sorted yet. Ince’s point that whether by selling him or giving him a new contract it just needs putting to bed is a very sensible one given that neither of those resolutions appear close.

lsd

The Oracle
It takes a split second to establish the grass is green but Pogba’s future has been rumbling on for months and still hasn’t been sorted yet. Ince’s point that whether by selling him or giving him a new contract it just needs putting to bed is a very sensible one given that neither of those resolutions appear close.

It's not sensible as it is plainly obvious and everyone has been saying it for ages .

It's not like Ince has suddenly come up with this on his own

RUCK4444

The guy is a complete clown, wish he could be erased from the football scene altogether.

The fact he can’t secure a permanent punditry job with any of the major sports channels shows how poor he is when you consider the quality of the idiots they do hire!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I wouldn't put money on Paul Ince being able to find his arse with both hands.

Pav1878

so you have ignored Denis Law then?

what about Sir Matt Busby?

get a grip man. Incredibly childish attitude.
Matt Busby never played for us so not the same thing at all.

Denis Law was a a city player before he came to us, so him going back there is not the same thing either.

This isn't childish, it's just about loyalty.

Fans of other clubs would be up in arms over it, yet you expect us to be ok with it?

I guess in your world, Barcelona fans should have wished Luis Figo well when he joined Real Madrid? Or actively encouraged Rooney to join city when he was holding the club to ransom?

All I'm saying is these players rightfully should not expect to be hailed as some sort of legend if they play for a rival. I don't think that is about being 'childish' or 'ridiculous,' it's inevitable.

Grande

Yes. Situations like this show me how important it is to forget, forgive and just move on from whatever was in the past or you risk sounding like a complete nutcase.
Or at least showing others what a complete nutcase you (not you, he) in fact really are (I mean is).

Some girls sadly fall for that, like for instance Milton Keynes.

SambaBoy

Used to play with/against his son Tom loads. According to my dad, Paul was a right so and so, just constantly chatting bollocks, hyping his son up and undermining others because he had played professionally. Telling his son to foul other players because he was getting the run around.

He ensured his son stayed within the academy system despite being not good enough at the time, then took him to Blackburn. Shows what constant high quality training can do.

Chairman Steve

No, Paul, it’s the other way round historically. City sign OUR castoffs, from Brian Kidd all the way to Owen Hargreaves. We might steal one of their kids every once in a while though.

No thank you to Aguero.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah just go and get him; he'll definitely want to come, will probably be happy playing for nothing and his chronic injuries will all magically vanish.

Every time Ince opens his mouth a ridiculous take spews out.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

How thick is this clown?
He ended up at Liverpool. Not surprising he doesn't get it.

Every time I hear him speak, I am reminded of Fergie's scathing remarks about his writing guv'nor on his boots. Simpleton. Plenty of those in the game. Sheerwood another.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
United signing Aguero would be like Ole signing for Bayern a few years after ‘99. It just wouldn’t feel right considering his most famous goal is that goal.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
While we're at it, why don't we bring in Gerrard to replace Ole?

GueRed

Loved Ince when he was at United. What a midfielder he was!

When we bought him in '89 he was still a bit of a rough diamond...Over the years though he developed and matured into a top class footballer.

I think he came into his own in that 92-93 championship winning season.

He could do everything in midfield really well. He had a real bite and snap in the tackle. Could strike a ball cleanly and had a decent range of passing.

Ince and Keane together in midfield the following season was basically a cheat code for dominating teams.

A quality player and big personality on the pitch I was gutted when Fergie sold him and Kanchelskis that summer 1995, two integral first-teamers at the peak of their game.

Worked out in the end ok mind :)

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Isn’t it a bit weird how he played nearly 3 times more games for us and had quite a bit more success than at Liverpool but he still clearly prefers Liverpool? We sold him when he was a top player to a free spending inter who were going places if I remember correctly. I know he didn’t part on the best of terms but didn’t he leave Liverpool for wolves or something?

Last edited:

littleman

Isn’t it a bit weird how he played nearly 3 times more games for us and had quite a bit more success than at Liverpool but he still clearly prefers Liverpool? We sold him when he was a top player to a free spending inter who were going places if I remember correctly. I know he didn’t part on the best of terms but didn’t he leave Liverpool for wolves or something?
Think he took getting booted from United personally, big time charlie that he is

IncyWincySpider

Loved Ince when he was at United. What a midfielder he was!

When we bought him in '89 he was still a bit of a rough diamond...Over the years though he developed and matured into a top class footballer.

I think he came into his own in that 92-93 championship winning season.

He could do everything in midfield really well. He had a real bite and snap in the tackle. Could strike a ball cleanly and had a decent range of passing.

Ince and Keane together in midfield the following season was basically a cheat code for dominating teams.

A quality player and big personality on the pitch I was gutted when Fergie sold him and Kanchelskis that summer 1995, two integral first-teamers at the peak of their game.

Worked out in the end ok mind :)
Ince was my favourite player while he was at United and I even watched a bit of Football Italia on channel 4 at the weekends in the hope of seeing him play for Inter.

Shame he seems bitter about it all but I still have good memories of him.

GueRed

Ince was my favourite player while he was at United and I even watched a bit of Football Italia on channel 4 at the weekends in the hope of seeing him play for Inter.

same I still have great memories of him.

It was great watching him develop at United from raw youngster into a top class midfield general.

Ah Football Italia on Channel 4 those were the days.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yeah I was a big fan of his, so even now I find it hard to dislike him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Ya same here. Football Italia used to be the absolute nuts. Batitstuta, Del Piero, Tino Asprilla, Maldini, Weah.... good times. I was lucky enough to catch Weah in 1998 vs Roma. I absolutely loved it. Milan is football crazy. An Italian girl beside me threw her mobile phone at the lineman and missed by a mile :lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Hughes and Ince both hate us and Andrei didn’t do much after he left. I was fully gutted that summer at 10 years old. Little did we know how good the class of 92 were going to be. :drool:
I loved Ince when he was at United but his celebrations when he scored for Liverpool against us changed that.

As a 10 year old, I didn't quite grasp the craziness of what Fergie did that year when he got rid of those three. The balls on that man.

RooneyLegend

You'd also be bitter if you were the best midfielder in the league and playing for the best club in the league collecting trophies all willy nilly and the club got rid of you without warning.