Paul McShane

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Michael Fabricant wants his hair back

Brophs

The One and Only
Having watched Paul McShane play all too often, I can’t help feeling like we’ll need more medical staff for the U23s if we sign him.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He grew up in the same town as me. Always rooted for him but still have nightmares from his Ireland international days

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Jesus, he's only 35. Old "Sergio Ramos without the steroids" as they say.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Get in boys!

Think its a fantastic move though seriously, something I've liked to have seen before and commonly used by B teams in other countries.

Sid234

I was really hoping there was a Paul McShane youth thread from way back that would get bumped when this was announced

FujiVice

Related to nothing in general, I witnessed him have the worst game of a centre half in the history of the Premier League against Everton for Sunderland. 7-1. My brother had some tickets from work and I went along with him. McShane in all his glory was a sight to see. fecking bad that day.

RedTiger

Half mast
I'm happy with this. We should have been doing these type of signings long ago. Teams are allowed to field 3 overage players so might as well have 3 coaches who can step into a game to bring composure and experience.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Related to nothing in general, I witnessed him have the worst game of a centre half in the history of the Premier League against Everton for Sunderland. 7-1. My brother had some tickets from work and I went along with him. McShane in all his glory was a sight to see. fecking bad that day.
I actually remember laughing at the absolute state of him while watching the highlights of this game. What a dreadful footballer he was

Trequarista10

Think its a fantastic move though seriously, something I've liked to have seen before and commonly used by B teams in other countries.
Interesting, never heard of this strategy before. Seems like a brilliant idea. Especially as it allows us to loan out Fish so he gets first team experience.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Man Utd's academy players make up such a large population of professional players in the game, relative to other teams, that the club should be doing more stuff like this. Same goes for Heaton. These are guys that came through the academy and had good careers at a good level.

Gee Male

Great move, and you'd have to think highly of him for this too - he could probably have a playing role elsewhere but taking a good step into coaching with this.

He played a lot of games for Rochdale last year, I know the Rochdale players spoke very highly of him, Bazunu in particular, in terms of experience and knowledge he brought and shared.

Positive development this.

led_scholes

Wonder if he'll Be registered - would be quite amazing if all our cbs got hurt and he had to play a real match.

Good pick up to push the u23 players can't speak if he'll be a good coach.
I can see him being in the bench in a league cup game when Bailly and Jones are surprisingly out injured.

Jericho

Could he possibly ever make a first team appearance? We've had a few centre back emergencies in the past.

Gopher Brown

Could he possibly ever make a first team appearance? We've had a few centre back emergencies in the past.
Not in the league I wouldn’t have thought, because by my reckoning we have 26 other players which are over the age of registration.

Dan-Utd

I thought it was odd that McShane was described as having a "fantastic career" and would be an "inspiration" to the young players... as he didn't succeed here and the clubs he's played for since are relatively small.

One good thing the youngsters will learn from him is that if they don't succeed at a top club - he's proof that if they work hard they can still have a decent career.

You do hear a lot of stories of talented players being released by a big club and then drifting out of football so if bringing McShane in can help even just 1 player decide to stick with it and prove a club wrong - it will be a good appointment.

stevoc

So that's Heaton and McShane back, what's N'Galula up to these days?

That would be DM sorted.

Lynty

I knew the punchline as soon as I opened the thread.

Didn't stop me chuckling. Some posters need to lighten up on here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
yet another job for the mates a bit like Ole, Fletcher, Phelan, Heaton, Clegg and Carricky.

Max_United

Ole will start him vs Spurs to shut up all those critics of him not rotating enough!

Luke1995

I think one day he could be an assistant coach for the first team. A little bit like Mckenna.