Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Such a frustrating player at the moment because the talent is for all to see. Does brilliant things both defensively and offensively (That was pass and work before the pass for the first goal was tremendous) but then also does some mindbogglingly stupid things and looks lackadaisical at times. Has the talent to become an absolute beast in the beast, don't know if he has the brains for it.

Expecting better things for him next season as he familiarizes more with his role in a midfield two.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think some are going a bit overboard with the praise, I'd give him 7.5/10. That pass for the opener was sublime, but he lost the ball so many times I lost count. If he could just release the ball sooner and sort his finishing out he'd be a scary player. Still, he's 23 and obviously still adjusting. I'm hoping his dallying is just a carry over from his time in Serie A when they give you an age on the ball. All the tools are there though, you can tell he's going to be really something in a couple of years.

kr0nix

He was excellent tonight. He's a player that will always back himself and take responsibility for the team. I don't mind that he loses the ball sometimes in doing so - his personality on the ball makes him a joy to watch. Very happy with his performance tonight.

Devil81

His finishing is poor but he's not a striker, the range and creativity of his passing is first class and he creates so much for us with his vision, he even put a lot in defensively today despite the fact he's clearly not cut out for it.
If you're going to create that many chances for yourself, you've got to work on your finishing.

Lampard and Gerrard would have had at least two last night.

itso 7

I thought he was our best player
Same here, he held on to the ball a bit too much but he was opening them up at ease. If we had taken half of the chances he has created over the season we would be challenging for the title imo.
If you're going to create that many chances for yourself, you've got to work on your finishing.

Lampard and Gerrard would have had at least two last night.
I think he will get there once he learns to be more composed in front of goal. Not easy to achieve but I think he is too good not to.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Are people seriously watching that game and didn't think he was awesome? The man was a beast!

Played it maturely as well as setting up a ton of dangerous situations. Off the top of my head:The first pass to Rash before our goal, the dinked pass that Shaw burst into the area with, his brilliant pass for Zlatan in the second half that nearly gave us a penalty, a couple of brilliant passes planted on Zlatan's head from deep inside his own half, along with dictating the match completely along with Carrick and putting in a hell of a defensive shift.

That was brilliant.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looks like Pogba will never win some people over even when he's performing like a top player. You put him in a Barca or Real Madrid team with the firepower they have up top and he's bagging 30 assists because his passing is top draw. I can think of 5-6 great passes last night that should/could have led to goals, who else around could have done that, I certainly can't think of many. Only thing that I question is his finishing because he certainly can improve in that aspect but other than that he was the best player on the park alongside Rashford.

RedRoach

I don't understand what people expect from him on here. For me that performance was exactly what I would want from our premier midfielder. He was constantly providing creative, testing passes forward. After our allergy to passing the ball forward last year it is a breath of fresh air to see someone constantly looking up for a team mate and providing a searching pass, whilst also providing driving runs forward.

Besides that look at his stats from his time at Juve. He is not a 20 goal a season midfielder and never has been. He may develop into that, but he is right what he said there other day. People expect him to be scoring 30 goals a season, defending like Makelele and passing like Pirlo all in one player. He has his strengths and weaknesses, and of course being young is inconsistent. But man he is some player and I am glad he is ours.

It is also not his fault that our forwards this season have not been finishing the opportunities we create, because for me that has been the problem all season. We should have won that game by 4 or 5 goals. If Pogba had some more clinical forwards/wingers in front him right now he would look a lot better. Unfortunately he has one class forward (Ibra - who had a mare last night too) and the remaining are either settling in (Mhiki), young and inconsistent (Lingard, Rashford, Martial) or not a consistent goal threat (Mata, Fellaini).

Web of Bissaka

Wow, his best performance this season for me, the last game against Anderlecht.

:drool:Impressive in recent games. Many unexpected moments. Starting to dominate matches.

Pogba is improving, his defensive contributions the most obvious ones - I'm impress he is doing a lot of successful sliding tackles, markings, pull back, etc recently.

Overall, a good first solid season. Started well, playing like a kid with bags of football qualities. Inconsistent, but gradually improving becoming more consistent, and more dominating. And he's starting to play with better fighting mentality. The price tag and the pressure seems to have good effects on him. Could also have to do with Mourinho's coaching.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Strange

Dont think he was great at all. As I seem to think after many of his games it was very mixed.

Thought he was far better against chelsea

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Stats were

123 passes
87.8% pass completion
11/14 successful long passes
3 key passes
2 dribbles
9 tackles
3 interceptinos
@Sassy Colin .. proves your point. He was everywhere.

His dribbling and naivety was still frustrating but overall thought he was immense considering how poor the midfield around him was and how shite our attack was bar Rash (and glimpses of quality from Mkhi)

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Strange

Dont think he was great at all. As I seem to think after many of his games it was very mixed.

You see, this is the sort of opinion I had of Brain Robson, before I actually started watching him & seeing what he does.

Pogba was all over the pitch, he was involved in all of our attacking, and most of our defending, moves. He tackled, he received the ball, he moved the ball on, he found positions, he made plays he never stopped running. Fair enough, some of the skills he tries don't always come off, but who else on the pitch, in the league, would even try those skills?

I think we will see exactly what we paid all that money for next season. (And you can quote me on that, etc)

Festive Sandvich

Strange

I agree with this. When I see people giving him MotM for last night (especially given the performances of Rashford and Mkhi), makes me feel like I must have a huge blindspot.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Rashford deserved MOTM sure, but Pogba played a blinder yesterday. He was great.

prtk0811

Was exposed quiet a lot defensively in a two man midfeild , struggles to win first and second balls sometimes and beaten by the guys with better acceleration and desire around him for first and second balls.

overall he was decent, but he takes too much time on the ball and tries to dribble past when its not needed.

4.54- 4.56 in the video was the very very bad decision making on the ball and bad vision and bad pass. So much space for mkh on the counter and he passes opposite side and the chance is gone which could have resulted in a goal scoring chance and a goal.

prtk0811

Are people seriously watching that game and didn't think he was awesome? The man was a beast!

Played it maturely as well as setting up a ton of dangerous situations. Off the top of my head:The first pass to Rash before our goal, the dinked pass that Shaw burst into the area with, his brilliant pass for Zlatan in the second half that nearly gave us a penalty, a couple of brilliant passes planted on Zlatan's head from deep inside his own half, along with dictating the match completely along with Carrick and putting in a hell of a defensive shift.
Some passes were brilliant , but some passes were utter crap lacking vision, and bad body positioning , unnecessesarily tries to dribble when simple pass is more suitable
4.54 - 4.56 we wasted a glorious opportunity just because he passed it to other side making a bad decision which could have resulted in a chance and posiibly a goal. Rest he was okay on the ball , but off the ball still geting exposed defensively and beaten for first and second balls.

shield

I don't know, after watching the match, I got the feeling that he could have done a lot better. I mean, he is on the right track and everything, beginning to show patience and less showboating, but the deficiencies were also there for all to see.

Decision making is a bit erratic, hangs on to the ball for a bit too long, still struggles defensively and needs more composure in front of goal. I liked to see that he is improving the speed of play, but still, during large phases he goes back to the doing things in a slow and lethargic manner. You still get the feeling that he needs someone else next to him to help him out and cover certain deficiencies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Some of those misses are criminal
29 yr old Van Persie would've been creaming his pants looking at those air balls.
Ruud, Chico, Ole, RVP, Yorke, McClair, etc would have had a field day?
I don't think there is another in the PL that misses goalscoring chances on a regularl basis like we do. I hear fans saying isn't better than under LVG, what are they smoking ? It is miles better, we just cannot score enough.

Trizy

Saw this picture yesterday, can anyone confirm if true?

Impressive for a 23 year old who's had an "average" season.

Litch

Just imagine the number of assists he should have had this season so far.
God, sometimes we're hard task masters. That lad in a Barca, Real or Bayern shirt with that level of players around him would be on another level.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I'd imagine he's played more minutes than most.
It also works quite well as per game stats.

CMs & DMs, minimum 15 games played:

Total passes: --------------- 3 (behind Henderson, Herrera)
Accurate long balls: ------- 2 (behind Henderson)
Accurate short passes: --- 4 (behind Henderson, Herrera, Xhaka)
Key passes: ---------------- 1
Total aerial duels:---------- 1
Aerial duels won:----------- 2 (behind Fellaini)
Successful dribbles: ------- 2 (behind Dembele)
Shots on target: ----------- 1 (dunno if the shots on post are included, but he's #1 there too)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
With Zlatan out for the rest of the season, Pogba needs to step up to the plate as the main "Big Man" now.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Hope we are winning convincingly by around the 60 minute mark so that we can take him out to give him a break before the City game. The amount of matches and minutes he's played is quite insane really.

Status
Not open for further replies.