Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What about the Chelsea game. How'd he do in that one?
In the 3 performances against big clubs where the general consensus was that he played well (Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea) I was disappointed in him in all 3 games. I'm not saying he was outright horrible; just underwhelming.

He's probably my favourite player in the squad to watch, and against all but the big teams has been one of the best players in the league never mind just for us, but I've yet to come away from a game against one of the big teams where I've thought he's played close to his unbelievable talent.

Cantonagotmehere

In the 3 performances against big clubs where the general consensus was that he played well (Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea) I was disappointed in him in all 3 games. I'm not saying he was outright horrible; just underwhelming.

He's probably my favourite player in the squad to watch, and against all but the big teams has been one of the best players in the league never mind just for us, but I've yet to come away from a game against one of the big teams where I've thought he's played close to his unbelievable talent.
Fair enough. I thought he played great when United thoroughly outplayed the league leaders.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
both Herrera AND Fellaini outshone him though. It's difficult to keep up with them guys
They all played to their strengths. The overall game plan suited Fellaini better than Pogba and the ref wasn't super soft so it worked well. Pogba fulfilled his role perfectly IMV, like everyone did.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
both Herrera AND Fellaini outshone him though. It's difficult to keep up with them guys
Pogbas job was to be the deepest midfielder. The one that transitioned the defense into attack and allowed the others to be able to run around like mad men. He wasn't suppose to outshine them. He was basically the deep lying play maker. Without him they would barely be able to string a couple of passes together as shown in the city game and every game other game he's missed.

Stacks

Pogbas job was to be the deepest midfielder. The one that transitioned the defense into attack and allowed the others to be able to run around like mad men. He wasn't suppose to outshine them. He was basically the deep lying play maker. Without him they would barely be able to string a couple of passes together as shown in the city game and every game other game he's missed.
Ander got a tidy assist after from a neat through ball after winning the ball back. Pogba had nothing to do with that. Also Pogba played vs City and looked lost , once before. This may not be any different

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ander got a tidy assist after from a neat through ball after winning the ball back. Pogba had nothing to do with that.
That's not the point. I think the point he was making was without Pogba our midfield lack control and that was obvious. Herrera making assist doesn't add anything to the argument.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That's not the point. I think the point he was making was without Pogba our midfield lack control and that was obvious. Herrera making assist doesn't add anything to the argument.
Our midfield lacked control vs Anderlecht (2nd leg) and Pogba was playing.

roonster09

Scout
When was the last time we "controlled" a game vs City?
With Van Gaal we controlled almost every game against them.

With Jose, difference between with and without Pogba is so obvious. Our midfielders don't have passing range to play deep and play counter.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
With Van Gaal we controlled almost every game against them.

With Jose, difference between with and without Pogba is so obvious. Our midfielders don't have passing range to play deep and play counter.
This points more towards an issue of the quality of our midfield rather than a reliance on Pogba. Fellaini can't cut it as cover and Carrick is 35.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah. Shit happens.

This points more towards an issue of the quality of our midfield rather than a reliance on Pogba. Fellaini can't cut it as cover and Carrick is 35.
It points towards both. Lack of quality beyond Herrera and Pogba which means reliance on Pogba.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
Ander got a tidy assist after from a neat through ball after winning the ball back. Pogba had nothing to do with that. Also Pogba played vs City and looked lost , once before. This may not be any different
We controlled the game thanks to Pogba. Hererras individual brilliance doesn't change the fact that Pogba is and was the key to our set up and the midfielders being able to play the way they played against Chelsea. His physical prowess combined with his stellar technical ability creates problems for any midfield. Hes a threat every time he steps on the pitch and his name just being in the team sheet opens up out midfield and changes the way opposition teams have to play. If anyone of our other midfielders played his role and he didnt play we would be terrible. In our most recent game against city we couldnt string a pass together and couldn't hit rashford who made some great runs. Pogba would have definitely changed that game because of his ability to drive the ball forward and make great passes. He would have overpowered yaya in midfield because unlike Carrick and Fellaini he has the mobility to do so plus the technical ability to pick out players with great passing. Even in Pogbas worst games he is still able to create decent amount chances for our attack.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
We dominated the midfield against Anderlecht. We just couldnt score and our defense was unorganized when rojo went down.

el3mel

I specifically mentioned the 2nd leg
Actually we dominated the midfield, too in this game starting from second half. Anderlecht only grew in the game due to Rojo's injury disturbed us for some minutes leading to the equalizer. Starting from the second half and Fellaini introduction and Anderlecht did nothing. If we took our chances the game would have been dead in main time.

Loublaze

ATLien
Can anyone direct me to where I can view the stats for the most key passes per game in the premier league?

Alabaster Codify7

With this being his first game back from injury, I'd be stunned if we saw Pogba at his best tonight. Especially if Celta press him 2-vs-1 at all times which is what I'm expecting - fully fit, he's a guy who needs a bit of time on the ball. I'd actually prefer it tonight if he sat a bit deeper, and pinged balls to the flanks/behind the defence for our quicker lads to chase down. Rather than trying to drive forward himself.

SirAF

Ageist
With this being his first game back from injury, I'd be stunned if we saw Pogba at his best tonight. Especially if Celta press him 2-vs-1 at all times which is what I'm expecting - fully fit, he's a guy who needs a bit of time on the ball. I'd actually prefer it tonight if he sat a bit deeper, and pinged balls to the flanks/behind the defence for our quicker lads to chase down. Rather than trying to drive forward himself.
He's only missed two matches, so I wouldn't expect him to be particularly rusty.

roonster09

Scout
He had 1 week off that's it. He played 90 mins on 23rd April and missed 1 week, next week he is playing already.

AXVnee7

When he's got the space and time then he's absolutely immense. He just needs to adapt his game and decision making quicker in the PL.

acnumber9

He's been a class above everyone else on the pitch. The rest has done him good.

Eddy_JukeZ

Sensational.

His teammates cost him higher assist numbers.

Need more players of his quality.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Brilliant player, although people will still try and criticise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.