6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

What makes the pass even more ridiculous is that it was with his left foot :drool:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You're right, I've no idea what I was looking at. Still a great pass :D
Makes it even better. He loves doing that! Tried it a few times this year and doesn't always fall for him, everything seemed to go right today though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's going to be an absolute colossus next season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Agreed, hopefully he avoids injuries.
Also I hope we get in a few signings to compliment his ability.
Definitely. Mourinho will be building the team around him, he didn't spend £90m just to buy a player to shoehorn into a system, he'll want to give him all the conditions to be the best midfielder in the world.

Regarding how he used him this season, where it's fair to say he has been shoehorned at times, I'd say that was partly down to needs must and partly down to filling out his game a bit.

The thing I'm most excited about next season is seeing a player that is not only settled into the league but also hungry to win it and hungry to prove himself. I think he's got an appetite and arrogance that's been missing in this club for too long.

Acole9

Outstanding
Quality half from him, playing like that he can win games for us on his own.

Sterling Archer

Did anyone else get emotional when he scored? I genuinely felt some heart strings thinking about what he and his family has just been through.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Did anyone else get emotional when he scored? I genuinely felt some heart strings thinking about what he and his family has just been through.
Yep, his celebration got me. Great performance all round. Especially considering what he and his family have been through.

Obiorahking_

So he just gonna come back grab a wicked a assist and a goal then walk off in under 44 mins of play?

Sounds pretty normal to me.

Womp

idiot
So he just gonna come back grab a wicked a assist and a goal then walk off in under 44 mins of play?

Sounds pretty normal to me.
Think it was the right decision. Got him some game time but didn't risk injury or tiring him out. He's gonna be important come the final.

Obiorahking_

Think it was the right decision. Got him some game time but didn't risk injury or tiring him out. He's gonna be important come the final.
Oh it was the right decision no question about it. I was underscoring the fact that what Pogba did today was pretty special.

Quizierda

What a way to introduce yourself back after very tough couple of days.

Welcome back Paul and so happy for you man. You deserved a game like this yesterday, even though this might just mean nothing compared to what happened to you and your family. However, stay strong lad the club and all of us will support you!!

Now bring on Ajax and show the doubters and haters one more time why you are worth every penny!

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The worry with Pogba in terms of Wednesday is the big games have got to him this season, City at home, Chelsea away, Liverpool at home, the league cup final. We need Pogba at his man against boys best on Wednesday
Not really big games, but I think teams that press high are a real struggle for him. He holds on to the ball far too long in stationary positions, lets himself get surrounded by 3 players and then loses it.

He needs to get rid of the ball quicker with one and two touch play, or burst forward using his physicality and acceleration immediately when the opportunity arises.

Ajax are known as a pressing team, so I hope Mourinho has a word with him and drills this into his head.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Not really big games, but I think teams that press high are a real struggle for him. He holds on to the ball far too long in stationary positions, lets himself get surrounded by 3 players and then loses it.
These things happen occasionally, but this...
He needs to get rid of the ball quicker with one and two touch play, or burst forward using his physicality and acceleration immediately when the opportunity arises.
...is so clearly the norm for Pogba in my eyes. Most of the times he releases the ball very quickly, and his constant reading of his surroundings and positioning for good passing angles enables him to do so.

I really struggled all season to understand how a few situations of the first sort wipe out the plain-to-see short passing basis of his game in the perception of so many people in here. Pogba accelerates United's ball circulation like no other player and much of the pressing against him is nullified by simple, well-executed, constructive passes.

Last edited:

Thisistheone

So his debut season (with one game to play) stands as 50 appearances, 8 goals, 6 assists. Should be a lot higher if we were more clinical.

He's absolutely brilliant and imo the best CM in the league. He'll get better and better next season as well.

Minimalist

According to every stats site I've looked at, he's been our best player in all competitions over Zlatan. Not bad for a first season for sure.

Stadjer

Hitting the post/bar or missing a big chance is his own fault so he can take some blame for not scoring that many goals.. however if you look at some of the chances he ceeated it is unbelievable he didnt get more assists this season.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a way to introduce yourself back after very tough couple of days.

Welcome back Paul and so happy for you man. You deserved a game like this yesterday, even though this might just mean nothing compared to what happened to you and your family. However, stay strong lad the club and all of us will support you!!

Now bring on Ajax and show the doubters and haters one more time why you are worth every penny!
You should PM him.

Jaxa

Damn, watching this video really does highlight how awful our attackers have been this season, absoloute shockers in this video, if Pogba was playing for Madrid,Bayern or Barca etc he would easily have 25+ assists this season and also taking into consideration how unlucky he has been with hitting that post his goals would be higher, he has had a very good first season in the prem,

Cant wait to see him with proper attackers infront of him, imagine RvN up front for us with Pogba pinging those passes up front :drool:

Sampy93

Damn, watching this video really does highlight how awful our attackers have been this season, absoloute shockers in this video, if Pogba was playing for Madrid,Bayern or Barca etc he would easily have 25+ assists this season and also taking into consideration how unlucky he has been with hitting that post his goals would be higher, he has had a very good first season in the prem,

Cant wait to see him with proper attackers infront of him, imagine RvN up front for us with Pogba pinging those passes up front :drool:
Damn, I'm sorry but that is absolutely world class. He is 23/24 years old and if it weren't for our forwards. The press and abu's just want to use him as the scapegoat. I personally think he has been fantastic considering he has come from a much slower league.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He should have scored more, but other than that I think he's brilliant. You just have to see how poor we are without him to appreciate his quality.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

The finishing in that video is nothing short of shambolic. Put Griezmann on the end of some of them and we're in business! Can't wait for next season already! Get the job done tomorrow and I'm optimistic we'll be challenging for the title!

Silverman

He's been brilliant this season and the brilliant thing is, is that he's only going to get better. Great signing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he plays well tonight, we win. Simple as that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.