Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He played well. He can't play simple possession game when the game plan was to play direct game. Also none of our CMs were comfortable dealing with all the pressing except Pogba, so obviously he will try to play the pass to forward as quickly as possible.

Also his work rate was very good today. He ran whole length of the pitch to support Rashford, when Rashford was dispossessed in the box, he was again back in the defensive third in no time. Overall he had good impact on the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's my favourite player now. I think he's fecking ace.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Provided the breakthrough, and was generally excellent in the first half, and instrumental in our midfield three that completely shut out Ajax's midfield three.

Good performance when it matters the most, and played a big part in making sure he'll be competing at the level he should be playing at next season: Champions League!

3KDré

He's only going to get better as the team gets better- that is the most promising thing.

Devil may care

MOTM for me, just ahead of Valencia, his calmness is possession was important for us to avoid simply hoofing it every single time, and yes he hit a few long ones that didn't come off but there was only one target to hit most of the time, really pleased for him, he looked ecstatic at the end.

Silas

He's improved defensively so much over the season. Getting closer and closer to being the complete package.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Him dribbling the ball over the line was a bit weird but he dominated Klaassen.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Whenever we decided to push forward, the Ajax midfielders couldn't get close. Like men against boys. He and Herrera controlled the game effortlessly.

Stadjer

I always see Ajax fans call Sanchez a beast and they always say that Sanchez is so strong.. near the midline Pogba showed him how strong a real 'beast' is. Easily won the duel against him.

stepic

he's amazing. he just never loses the ball when in possession, he dominates, always seems to make the right decision, even if it a forward ball that gets occasionally picked off. so glad we have him, probably my favourite player in the team.

AXVnee7

Bossed the midfield. Very happy for him to score in both games since his return. Look forward to seeing him at his best next season.

Tiber

A full season has passed and I still cant believe that we got him back

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He most certainly did not boss the second half and played some frankly brutal long balls forward but I am in no doubt that he will be a monster next season.

el3mel

For a full season of everyone mocking him and his price for the slightest mistake, ending the season with a goal in the final is the perfect end.

He'll be much better next season with more quality in the team. Best from him simply didn't come yet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Didn't even have an amazing game, but still made a massive difference for us. That's the mark of a very good player is it not?

Acole9

Outstanding
He's proven that he's not a big game bottler and delivered for us in the final.

Sylar

We are just sooo much better with him in it. Annoying he never got that free kick when he was taken out (but tbh, I think the ref had a fantastic game).
Also hope that goals counts for him.

One thing thats annoyed me about our midfielders in recent seasons is the fact they wont shoot outside the box. We got rewarded with it tonight. :)

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
He played well. He can't play simple possession game when the game plan was to play direct game. Also none of our CMs were comfortable dealing with all the pressing except Pogba, so obviously he will try to play the pass to forward as quickly as possible.

Also his work rate was very good today. He ran whole length of the pitch to support Rashford, when Rashford was dispossessed in the box, he was again back in the defensive third in no time. Overall he had good impact on the game.
Thank you! Great point that some people seem to be missing entirely. I've worried about his performances in big games, but he was excellent tonight.

Ibi Dreams

So excited about him next season. He's had so many "nearly" moments so far, I think at some point the penny has to drop and he'll start really dominating games for us and scoring goals too. Not to say he's been bad this season - he's been one of our best players. But you can see that there's still much more to come. Got to love his passion and attitude as well, I bet he's a fantastic personality in the dressing room. Amazing that we got him back really

Robertd0803

Fantastic performance. Looked like he was playing and dominating the whole Ajax midfield at times. Always seems to end up in awkward positions you think he will lose the ball in and then hes in 5 yards of space all of a sudden. Beast.

ChaddyP

Those who say he was quiet for me just couldnt appreciate what he does and did for us. He was very good . He had a much more defensive roll today and still got a great goal. We played 4231 to man make thier midfield with fellaini furthest forward. He and Ander were superb in shutting down the Ajax midfield. Yes he didnt have much success with his ambitios hollywood passes. But his importance was there for all to see.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think he's cemented himself as our best player, DDG's absolute class but Pogba is just special IMO. We're incredibly lucky to have him and can only get better (he's improved throughout the entire season in many aspects of his game already, such as defending and dealing with pressing teams effectively).

Icemav

Thank god he returned from injury. Not a perfect game but he towered over others and put in a complete midfield performance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So much ability in this guy, it is unreal and at the same time sooo frustrating. What he did to concede the FK in the 2nd half epitomizes the immaturity that his game still got. When he'll learn the difference between making things simple and being audacious, he will be unstoppable.

Terminator

His work off the ball was incredible. Made 60-70 yard runs into the box at full pace and when it did not work out, he ran back to defend.

red4ever 79

Thought he was very poor last night, and I dont care if I get slated. Countless over hit long balls in first half. Yes he is super strong, yes he can create a chance, but its not enough

Jonno

The great thing about Pogba, is that his 5 or 6/10 performance is more important to the team than someone else getting a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Just his sheer athleticism, fitness, strength, desire, engine, passing ability, shooting ability, heading ability, tackling ability, hold up play.... if he gets a 5 or a 6 out of 10 he is still vitally important.

Every 3 or 4 games he will give us a 7 or an 8 and we will completely own the game and win comfortably.

Over time he will give us more 7s than 5s and we will win on a more consistent basis.

This is the reason he was such a great signing for us. Our midfield was static until he came in. Schneiderlin, Carrick, Fellaini BFS, it was so slow and limited. Pogba gives us another dimension.

Seriously underrated.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Thought he was very poor last night, and I dont care if I get slated. Countless over hit long balls in first half. Yes he is super strong, yes he can create a chance, but its not enough
You forgot to add yes he can score and yes he defended well and worked his socks off and took the ball under pressure. FFS @Phil Jones 79 he was anything but poor last night he was one of the better players in our team.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Build a stronger team around him and he will be immense next year. Great celebrations at the end there especially with Jose .. how amazing was that to see!

Wasn't quite at his best yesterday but still so dominant and if we had better attackers he'd have come into his own.

RedCurry

It doesn't always come off for him but he can play those forward passes like not many players in the world can.

Status
Not open for further replies.