Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Good season sure ok - season you would expect from a player with Pogba's profile though? Probably not.

It's hard to argue against that to be fair but it was gearing up to be an excellent season before the bad injury he sustained. I guess we'll never know.

Rasfene

First time since 2010/11 Man utd has beaten every team in the league. Lovely.

Mostly due to Pogba, Lukaku and ddg.

Canagel

I just found this goal from last year's home draw with West Ham. The assist and goal is very similar to the goal at the weekend by Pogba. The question is do we want Pogba making the passes like this assist for Ibra or do we want him on the end of them like Saturday's goal at the Etihad? He is capable of both but it's a real conundrum. We need more creativity from deeper areas and in midfield if Pogba is to score more goals like he did on the weekend. Sanchez is very good at those dinked balls over the top but we need someone in midfield who can do this. A deep lying playmaker like Carrick. Pogba has been assigned the role of creating from deep areas since he came back but we can get someone else to do this.

ice-bionic red

Watched the game again from the second half. Still can’t believe we turned it around especially from how I felt at half time.
Anyway, what an excellent team performance. Everyone was more aggressive in the tackle. We seemed sharper with our passing and the players seemsed to really want to win! We need to see this desire more often.
I’ve gave Pogba so much praise this season, he has been great upto a very bad patch in form of recent. Maybe that’s partly down to injuries aswell but he had to take criticism for those performances. He really stepped it up in the second half. He looked like a man possessed! He took his goals well, but I was more impressed with his quick and short passes. His runs into the box before and after his goals! He wanted a 3rd goal! This is the Pogba we want to see every game! He is simply unplayable in that kind of form.

Probably wrong place for this part of my post but my biggest disappointment this year is how we haven’t made the Matic-Herrera-Pogba midfield work. We didn’t stick with it when we had a bad game (against Stoke I think it was?). After Herrera being our best player last season it could/should have been so much more

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This can go in circles so we will agree to disagree. I remember him showing glimpses last season and everyone eluding to a lack of full pre season break perhaps causing problems. This season he's shown even less glimpses.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This can go in circles so we will agree to disagree. I remember him showing glimpses last season and everyone eluding to a lack of full pre season break perhaps causing problems. This season he's shown even less glimpses.
No. Apart from 1-1.5 months he has done well this season.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He's had decent season imo. There's obviously a tendency to compare him to some of the best in the league, and that's fair enough when you consider his profile. Obviously De Bruyne is far ahead of him this season and to a lessor extent David Silva, but they've both played more games than him tbf. Compared to Ozil i think Pogba has more goals and assists than him in the league so he's doing ok there.

Just having a little look at his numbers now and one thing that does stand out is his chances created. It's a lot lower than the three players mentioned. Obviously has something to do with the fact that he plays a lot further back than those players and is often more restricted due to how we play generally, so that's more an issue for the team as a whole i think.

I think a lot of the criticism from the media side of things obviously has a lot to do with just who he is as a person. We all know this; it's pathetic but is what it is. He's quite a flamboyant character and is often put in the spotlight because of this. Obviously it's all bollox (the criticism i mean), but that's not to say that all the criticism is unwarranted 'cause we all know that he can do better. His inconsistency is a real problem and something that needs to be addressed. I think he has the right attitude (despite whats some may say) and the drive to address this, and he certainly has the talent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If he can build from the City game and finish the last 1.5 months strongly then it's a decent season. His first 2 months were excellent, then he was injured for 2 months, had a pretty good but inconsistent next couple of months, and then a trash past 2 months. So "meh" overall seems accurate. Needs to do a lot better overall, and all we can do is hope the City game can inspire him to be more consistent and better.

Rasfene

He had more than good season.
Depends on whether you are comparing Pogba to the average player in the league or the top players in the league.

If comparing against average player, Pogba sure does better than average with his goals/assists.

If comparing against top players, it might be a problem as he may not even get into PL team of the year. Considering that he is the most exp player in the league, he should be inside.

United_We_Stand

“I’ll tell you what I told him after the match – I don’t expect you to be man of the match every week, I don’t expect you to score two goals every week,” said Mourinho. “But I expect you to be consistent.
“So, if you ask me if I’m expecting Paul now to be man of the match every week? No. If I expect him to score goals every match? No.
“But I expect Paul – and I think that’s the challenge he has to put to himself – to keep a certain stability and not to have the good match and the so-so match and the bad match.
“I think he has to try to keep that level of stability, and from that stability of course will appear the special match with the special performance like it happened against City.”

Stacks

“I’ll tell you what I told him after the match – I don’t expect you to be man of the match every week, I don’t expect you to score two goals every week,” said Mourinho. “But I expect you to be consistent.
“So, if you ask me if I’m expecting Paul now to be man of the match every week? No. If I expect him to score goals every match? No.
“But I expect Paul – and I think that’s the challenge he has to put to himself – to keep a certain stability and not to have the good match and the so-so match and the bad match.
“I think he has to try to keep that level of stability, and from that stability of course will appear the special match with the special performance like it happened against City.”
fair comments and I think this is echoed by most fans. He needs to be delivering 7.5/10 every match to be a top player

Trizy

Tbf that's what we were all thinking all this time. Pogba doesn't need to be Ronaldinho on the midfield or scoring goals at Ronaldo's rate. He's everything in his locker to be the best CM in the world. The best CM's play the game easy and make it look easy. No need to be flamboyant.

The famous late Cruyff said: soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple. I think this quote applies to midfield the most of all positions.

Man Utd 0:1 West Brom

NinjaFletch

Everything about that game, from the change of formation to the insipid performance off the back of a good one last week, sums up the problem with Paul Pogba.

Bobski

Paul in a 3, Paul in a 2, Paul left side, Paul with a 3 foot kaleidoscope barnet. Only thing that matters is his attitude and consistency, came out today and played at walking speed, did not respect the opposition. Was he scapegoated? maybe, but Mou make statements in the week about him finding consistency and for Pogba to come out and play in such a complacent manner suggest that he learned nothing from the City game.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
We can’t build a team around him. First on the list in the summer for me. Which is a real shame as he has everything just not the discipline to be a consistent performer.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It's becoming clear that performances like the 2nd half against City are for his own ego.

He wanted to respond to the Guardiola transfer line, he wanted to show up those that criticized him, he wanted to stop Man City from winning the league against him. He probably thinks he's too good for games like this.

AngliaRed

Not great today but he was the only player other than Sanchez & Herrera who looked liked creating anything. He took risks in the final 3rd, took players on and had some shots. Cant really scapegoat him for today other than he could of lasted the match and had some impact if not for his stupid yellow card and lazy tackles.

Brophs

The One and Only
I reckon he won’t last the summer. His isn’t the hill Mourinho will choose to die on.

Irrational.

Uninterested, luxury player. Puts more effort into his hair than on the pitch. No desire. Nowhere to be found when the going gets tough.

If we could recoup half the money we paid for him I'd snap your hand off. Or in a swap deal with Milinkovic-Savic/ Verratti/ any half-decent midfielder.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Played like he thought he'd made it after last week and didn't have to bother trying this, predictably so. The handball was ridiculous.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
You forgot to mention the brain-dead yellow card. He doesn’t fecking help himself...
It was inexplicably dumb, wasn't it. In the context of the game, perhaps a little harsh considering the shite Nyom got away with until he was finally booked, but still, utterly needless and avoidable. He had to play in 3rd gear after that, as he'd be off if he clipped them on the counter.

Stupid. Stupider than the penalty he gave to Liverpool when he shut his eyes and flung his head towards the ball blindly and it hit his hand. I didn't think he'd top that.

Andersons Dietician

Obviously hasn’t quite figured out “Ultra Instinct” it’s only for the Gods Pogba :lol: (Dragon Ball Super reference due to his comments on his hair)

OldSchoolManc

I reckon he won’t last the summer. His isn’t the hill Mourinho will choose to die on.
Plays like he's in a five a side.
The yellow card summed him up.
Absolute clown of a footballer.

Has so much talent in his locker, yet plays with the maturity of a 6 year old child far too often.
Pogba was a big part of that loss. Playing like he’s on a beach already.
One 20 minute spell against City does not make you a player worth having. Back to misplaced passes and lack of enthusiasm. Then that yellow card for trying to handball it into the net. :houllier:
When your main playmaker can’t be arsed, you are always going to struggle against a team that has every player back. If we can get a decent fee in the summer, we should get him sold. Not sure we can TBH. Looks like a 20-30 million player at best.

Canagel

Very frustrating. Very little consistency in performances from Paul. And many other players too. I think his problems are more mental. He has the talent to be the best midfielder in the world and when he turns it on is unstoppable but there's no consistency. Our problems are more as a team/collective though. Look at Milner/oxlade Chamberlain even Henderson dare I say at Liverpool. They aren't more talented than Paul but they perform much more consistently and the collective is more than the sum of the individuals. Why can't our more talented midfield play to its expected ceiling?

Patrick08

Consistency is a big issue with, not only Pogba, but our players and most of all, our manager.
Manager had to take a lot of the blame for poor performances in defeats against poor oppositions.

We set up 433 but we play 451 as our wingers are too deep and even when we have defender who can pass the ball from the back, we never seem to use them to pass the ball from the back and Matic or Pogba keeps dropping deep to win the ball and wingers drop deep to receive it leaving Lukaku isolated for majority of buildup who offers no movement in behind to confuse the opposition. And if not 451 its always 4231 where Matic and Pogba gets caught on the counter defensively and the defense leaks a goal while Lingard spends most of the time so deep or so high that there is no actual no 10 to playmaker from that position.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bobski

Anyone still making excuses for him can only be infatuated with the idea of Pogba. The reality needs to grow up, and quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.