Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Pogba kinda reminds of Riquelme. He has all the natural talent in the world, but only turns up when he wants to.

Stacks

I don't think any midfielder is a threat throughout 90 mins.
some midfielders are are constantly prodding and probing and putting opponents under pressure, getting into dangerous positions and putting teammates into dangerous spaces i.e. not having so much a passive game. Iniesta was one of these. Prime Cesc was a master at this. I didn't necessarily mean a goalscoring threat mind.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
some midfielders are are constantly prodding and probing and putting opponents under pressure, getting into dangerous positions and putting teammates into dangerous spaces i.e. not having so much a passive game. Iniesta was one of these. Prime Cesc was a master at this. I didn't necessarily mean a goalscoring threat mind.
None of them do it for entire 90 mins.

Raw

Another game where he doesn't keep it simple. FFS he was pissing about with the ball when we're 1-0 down with 15 or so minutes to go.

el3mel

Games like today proves his fecking problem, which isn't tactics or quality. It's his fecking mentality. If he wants to play well he'll, but some games he decides it's time for shite show. Time for doing useless flicks, shooting from center of the midfield and useless long bombs.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Games like today proves his fecking problem, which isn't tactics or quality. It's his fecking mentality. If he wants to play well he'll, but some games he decides it's time for shite show. Time for doing useless flicks, shooting from center of the midfield and useless long bombs.
Looks like a player playing for his personal ego. Expect him to be fantastic against Chelsea since it's a cup final with lots of eyes on him.

binary bot
I can't think of a player less suited to Jose Mourinho. No criticism on Mourinho - they just don't fit. It's Di Maria and van Gaal all over again.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
So frustratingly inconsistent. Nowhere near world class. What even is his natural position? It's certainly not central midfield. Play him behind the striker or don't play him at all. Fecking sick of his blasé attitude.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Pogba kept it simple he'd be such an influence. Doesn't have a Scooby about how to put his gifts together and seems resistant to being taught. :rolleyes:

NinjaFletch

Looks like a player playing for his personal ego. Expect him to be fantastic against Chelsea since it's a cup final with lots of eyes on him.
I agree.

I'd also be simultaneously inclined to drop him for it until he puts in consistent effort and starts to play for the team.

pseudo_canadian

Posted this in the match thread:

Completely honest question - what is the point of Pogba? He plays with the maturity and awareness of an 8 year old child and half of the time just saunters around the pitch aimlessly, all the while carelessly giving the ball away usually due to unnecessary pony tricks.

Really just an annoying footballer.

Minimalist

I don't think he was the worst player - he was ...alright.

But he's not meant to be an 'alright' player. He's meant to be one of the best midfielders in the league (let's forget the 'world class' nonsense for a minute). He's meant to show up tonight and make the Brighton fans envious that we have him in our team.

He's a passenger at times. It's really difficult to understand why you would go to war with a Paul Pogba. He picks and chooses when he wants to deliver.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
So frustratingly inconsistent. Nowhere near world class. What even is his natural position? It's certainly not central midfield. Play him behind the striker or don't play him at all. Fecking sick of his blasé attitude.
Two good games will be enough for people to start calling him world class. I haven't seen one good period for him during his time here where he could be called world class. World class potential maybe, but nowhere near world class player.

RonaldoVII

He was trying and always kept looking for the ball but didn't happen at all. Don't think he was as bad as some are making out though.

Walters_19_MuFc

As I said, consistency is key for Pogba.

People are saying we should sell him, but as he gets older and matures, we should start to see more consistent performances from Pogba.

That said, we need better team performances first.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Two good games will be enough for people to start calling him world class. I haven't seen one good period for him during his time here where he could be called world class. World class potential maybe, but nowhere near world class player.
He doesn't even to repeat those performances. A good series of 6 or 7/10 performances would be such a big improvment already

Red_Aaron

One step forward, 2 steps back. He cannot help doing stupid shit in midfield
Stupid shit is right
There were a few occasions where he's breaking with the ball, running into space and he'll flick it behind his front leg in order to change direction. It's fckin pointless! He was under no pressure, he's not trying to beat a man, he just does a step over for the sake of it.
He's really infuriating at times

Hephaestus

Disagree with everyone criticising him for over-complicating things. At the start he kept everything simple but seemed to recognise that no-one else was going to do anything to help us score. Our attack was static and one-dimensional and the other midfielders offered nothing going forward, he had to try and do everything. I'd rather someone like him try to carry the rest of the team than to just wait for someone else like all the other players seemed to be doing.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'll get a lot of hate tonight but at least he tries to make things happen, unlike the rest of them bar Matic who just hide from the ball

Minimalist

He'll get a lot of hate tonight but at least he tries to make things happen, unlike the rest of them bar Matic who just hide from the ball
Doesn't deserve hate - wasn't that bad.

He is pretty ordinary in a lot of our matches though and that's still worthy of criticism.

Some people have the cheek to suggest he's a world class player - he's nothing of the sort.

RRCE

Pogba was terrible today, plain and simple. He played with little intelligence, drive and leadership. He really is, more often than not, an individual in a team game. I completely understand why Jose has been frustrated with him, and why Pogba has found himself on the bench on occasion. But for the potential “PR” and marketing damage, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jose is thinking about replacing him. He’ll still be here next season, but not beyond that if he can’t consistently play at a higher level.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
Pogba was terrible today, plain and simple. He played with little intelligence, drive and leadership. He really is, more often than not, an individual in a team game. I completely understand why Jose has been frustrated with him, and why Pogba has found himself on the bench on occasion. But for the potential “PR” and marketing damage, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jose is thinking about replacing him. He’ll still be here next season, but not beyond that if he can’t consistently play at a higher level.
Everyone was terrible. The entire team was 11 individuals playing a team game. Who is jose gonna replace him with that will change anything.

Litch

Usually nonsense when we lose. If people fundamentally believe this stuff, say this stuff when we win and he scores. People want it both ways on the forum....

Canagel

Watching Pogba closely tonight I've learned something new about him. He is all style but little substance. He is not a player who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and make something out of nothing. He's not that player. We've brought him in to form part of the spine of this team but he's an icing on the cake player. He isn't going to make a bad team play great but he will make a great team unstoppable. I repeat it was totally wrong decision to resign Pogba at the start of our massive rebuilding job in 2016 when so many key areas in this team are lacking. Pogba will not do anything until this team improves. Man has gone from playing with Chiellini, Pirlo and Vidal to Smalling, Fellaini and Young. Listen I'm dissapointed with his attitude sometimes and the flicks and tricks when we urgently need something but he is not responsible for the overall performance of this team.

flappyjay

He can be a cnut sometimes. Anyone can have a bad performance but this guy today played like it was the Pogba show. Puts together a few good performances and gets a player of the month nom and he gets overconfident

Status
Not open for further replies.