Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canagel

Mourinho has no clue about how to use Pogba. I'm starting to think we won't see the real Pogba until an attacking manager comes.

Steven Seagull

Can’t think of any other midfielder with such obvious attacking talents who is expected to perform so much defensive work. He’s just not switched on defensively. You don’t see other teams playing with players of his ilk in centre midfield 50 yards away from goal.

Devil may care

He wasn't good tonight but everyone knows he's a liability in a midfield 2, especially against a 3 man midfield, Jose hooking him rather than admitting his own error in not playing a 3 man midfield was pure petulance.

spiriticon

I reckon he was injured today. He was wearing a brace on his arm.

The question is, why was he playing if he was injured?

kundalini

Another terrible performance in a big game from Pogba. Astonishingly, we had at least two players who were even worse.

engulfing

The player ratings should allow zero ratings. Pogba merited a zero today. Decided to play in the no man's land between midfield and the number 10 position and didn't contribute to midfield or attack. Could literally have stood by the touch line and accomplished the same.

Silverman

To say he struggles against the big teams is unfair as he is always played in a midfield two when he struggles which is not his position. The top teams have very good midfields which is why he can't pose himself on the game. He should be played LCM moving forward.

James Peril

Played in the wrong position/role once again, although he does not always do the best out of a tricky situation.

Saying that; there are a couple of things:

- He did pass the ball neatly from side to side to open up play in the first half, our players didn't really take advantage.
- He played Lingard through on goal straight after their first goal, could/should have been an equalizer.
- He played Lukaku through on goal on the left side in the second half, could have been a goal as well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We need to switch on 433. He is not dmc. He can play that against weaker teams but in big matches he is eaten alive

Classical Mechanic

When he went off we barely touched the ball, it was poor from him but he should have stayed on if he wasn't injured.

The refs have him marked as a diver when he loses the ball too, he never gets those calls whereas Dier got one against Lingard when he clearly wasn't touched.

Walters_19_MuFc

If he played in a three tonight and played poorly, then I'd hold my hands up and say he was poor. Unfortunately, he was yet again played in a midfield two against a very well drilled unit, and got given the run around.

engulfing

lol this is ridiculous. He's outstanding but we can't expect him to flourish in a 2 man midfield against a top team in Spurs especially when our defenders can't cope with pressing and struggle to make forward passes to him.
He wasn't helping to press and protect the back line from spurs vertical attacking style. Was slow to everything. His mind wasn't in it today. Should be fined tbh.

Irrational.

lol this is ridiculous. He's outstanding but we can't expect him to flourish in a 2 man midfield against a top team in Spurs especially when our defenders can't cope with pressing and struggle to make forward passes to him.
He's a £90 million player and should be the difference against top four challengers like Spurs. Like KdB for City, he should be a solid 8/10 most games.

At the moment he plays more like a £25 million player.

The 2 man midfield is just an excuse for him. He was up against Dembele and Dier - he should be dominating both of them.

James Peril

The player ratings should allow zero ratings. Pogba merited a zero today. Decided to play in the no man's land between midfield and the number 10 position and didn't contribute to midfield or attack. Could literally have stood by the touch line and accomplished the same.
He created two chances for us - so yes, he did contribute in attack. What you are saying is false.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Should never be played in a midfield two. Play him behind Lukaku with Matic and Herrara covering behind him. If it means dropping Lingard so be it. He's twice the player.

OneUnited24

You think he's had one bad game and I am the one who makes you laugh. If you think he's had one bad game then OK.

Also, we didn't really bring Scholes instead of him, but injured Fellaini who hasn't played for months, did anyone think we were going to improve?
:lol:

Mark Armstrong

I don't think I could blame him for tonight. Bad instructions, playing in a position that doesn't suit him whatsoever. Against a weaker team it's less likely to be obvious. I think we really underestimated Spurs with our line up.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He needs to play higher up the pitch. Asking him to muck in with Matic in a two is a waste of time, and with Matic as poor as he was tonight it's utter suicide. Why Jose didn't start with Herrera, or at least read the signs and get him on, I'll never know as we've seen time and again Pogba as part of a two in a big game does not work.

Saying that I don't want to take away from the truly gutless nature of his performance tonight. Bullied off various balls inside our half, at times lucky to get bailed out by the ref, strolling up and down. Not fecking good enough.

Zoo

Mourinho has no clue about how to use Pogba. I'm starting to think we won't see the real Pogba until an attacking manager comes.
Yeah it’s really starting to piss me off.

Silas

Seemed like he was trying to play like he does in a 433, even though we were playing a 4231. Giving him freedom doesn't work when we already have a #10/another free roaming mid, at least against the top sides.

Jagga7

He's a £90 million player and should be the difference against top four challengers like Spurs. Like KdB for City, he should be a solid 8/10 most games.

At the moment he plays more like a £25 million player.

The 2 man midfield is just an excuse for him. He was up against Dembele and Dier - he should be dominating both of them.
No he's up against a cohesive pressing team and our team was completely clueless and unprepared to deal with it.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It was a very pogba on a bad day perfoamce he just went missing.

I’ve been saying it since the day he signed he plays better in a midfield three always has always will.

AngliaRed

City wouldn’t play KDB in defensive midfield 2 so I fail to why Jose isn’t sacrificing Lingard/Mata and pushing Pogba more forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seemed like he was trying to play like he does in a 433, even though we were playing a 4231. Giving him freedom doesn't work when we already have a #10/another free roaming mid, at least against the top sides.
Nope. Tottenham just double marked him and shut him down fast. They knew Matic wouldn't do sod all with the ball.

El Jefe

Big time Charlie.
It's really as simple as this. A 2 man midfield might not be his best position but I've seen him have world class displays there.

The going got tough and he was missing and lost his head yet again. Dembele schooled him on how to play central midfield today.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I reckon he was injured today. He was wearing a brace on his arm.

The question is, why was he playing if he was injured?
Should never be played in a midfield two. Play him behind Lukaku with Matic and Herrara covering behind him. If it means dropping Lingard so be it. He's twice the player.
I don't think I could blame him for tonight. Bad instructions, playing in a position that doesn't suit him whatsoever. Against a weaker team it's less likely to be obvious. I think we really underestimated Spurs with our line up.
Too many willing to make excuses for Pogba. He simply wasn't arsed tonight, showed no bit of drive or willingness to fight. It wasn't the managers fault or anything to do with his position, he just wasn't up for it.

Minimalist

Too many willing to make excuses for Pogba. He simply wasn't arsed tonight, showed no bit of drive or willingness to fight. It wasn't the managers fault or anything to do with his position, he just wasn't up for it.
It's probably both though.

Stupid tactical setup and Pogba generally was wank from start to finish.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not often I agree with ‘Arry but he was spot on in the post-match chat. No matter how good you are, sometimes you need to do a job for the team - even if you’re not in your preferred role. Pogba completely failed to do that tonight but is clearly talented enough to do it, if he really puts his mind to it.

Feck it anyway. Spurs are about as brutal an examination as a midfield gets when they’re at home and on form. Not sure he’ll have many tougher tests again this season but let’s hope he learns from it anyway.

Canagel

Nope. Pogba was a 1 man midfield tonight because Matic decided he couldn't be arsed. Not sure what more Pogba could've done.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Not often I agree with ‘Arry but he was spot on in the post-match chat. No matter how good you are, sometimes you need to do a job for the team - even if you’re not in your preferred role. Pogba completely failed to do that tonight but is clearly talented enough to do it, if he really puts his mind to it.

Feck it anyway. Spurs are about as brutal an examination as a midfield gets when they’re at home and on form. Not sure he’ll have many tougher tests again this season but let’s hope he learns from it anyway.
Pogba is clearly immature as a footballer. I doubt he'll learn, he has been like this for a while

Minimalist

Nope. Pogba was a 1 man midfield tonight because Matic decided he couldn't be arsed. Not sure what more Pogba could've done.
Moved out of 2nd gear, ideally.

I think the likes of Keane would have strangled him by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.