Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If anything, I hope our fans will stop overrating him to embarassing levels. Probably our most overrated player ever.

Oscie

He's paired with a complete donkey. Seen absolutely nothing worthy of a Manchester United shirt in anything Matic has done outside of the first three or four games since he joined.

jungledrums

So shit against Spurs. It's like we are playing with 9 men, without him and Martial.
People were lauding him after his commanding performance against Stoke a bottom-3 team, but his real current level is seen today. Pogba while has tremendous potential is simply not really world class currently. I think though it's not 100% his fault, 50% lies with Jose Mourinho who does not seem to find a way to use him properly.

But Pogba is awful today, no defensive presence at all, hardly anything in attack, already a couple lost balls and these pathetic glances towards the ref. Whatever tactics manager uses, whatever his role if Pogba wants to be one of the best he must do better. Simple as that.
Why the feck does his shite performance today dismiss all the good he’s done for us? It’s not his fecking level today, he’s been misused. Sure, he’s been woeful and I’m not defending that, but you cannot state with any conviction that this is his real level. That is an utter train wreck of a post, fecking compose yourself.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
Why does your bio say you support City?
I like city but I like Manchester United a lot more. I didn’t know when I put I support city it meant they would be my favorite and I don’t know how to change it.

OneUnited24

He was poor for us today but look at how we've played once hes gone off. No control what so ever

Vilev

Surprised Jose decided to sub him. Completely awful today though. Once again i maintain that while i was happy Pogba is here, it seems he made a huge blunder. He has not developed at United at all. He actually more or less regressed in recent two years.

Minimalist

I like how so many people come out the woodworks ready to absolutely berate him and our players in general when they have a bad game. I wonder if they actually like our team. It’s a bad game it happens have some faith and stop being so fickle. He isn’t at fault for any of the goals and he isn’t the worse player on the pitch.
More, I don't care to comment (though sometimes do) when plays well or adequately against lower sides.

These are the games I'm watching him closely. And he's been shit, more often than not. Hugely disappointing.

Baxter

If anything, I hope our fans will stop overrating him to embarassing levels. Probably our most overrated player ever.
Absolute nonsense.

He was poor, but we’ve miraculously been even worse since he’s come off.

Vilev

Why the feck does his shite performance today dismiss all the good he’s done for us? It’s not his fecking level today, he’s been misused. Sure, he’s been woeful and I’m not defending that, but you cannot state with any conviction that this is his real level. That is an utter train wreck of a post, fecking compose yourself.
You did read the post. It does not dismiss, it puts it in the perspective. Stoke cannot show a true level of a great player. They are too weak. Spurs can.

OneUnited24

:lol: people like you really make me laugh. One bad game and its "hes overrated".

Since he went off we cant keep hold of the ball. But i guess thats just coincidence right?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Absolute nonsense.

He was poor, but we’ve miraculously been even worse since he’s come off.
What's nonsense is that many people here find him to be one of the best players in the world, and one of the best(many say even the best) players in the lague. He hasn't had proper big game in the league for us yet, he was actually one of our worst players in pretty much every big game here.

Baxter

What's nonsense is that many people here find him to be one of the best players in the world, and one of the best(many say even the best) players in the lague. He hasn't had proper big game in the league for us yet, he was actually one of our worst players in pretty much every big game here.
Arsenal in December. The last big one he was available to play? Set up two goals and bossed the game up until the red, which I thought was harsh.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
One bad game and its "hes overrated".
You think he's had one bad game and I am the one who makes you laugh. If you think he's had one bad game then OK.

Also, we didn't really bring Scholes instead of him, but injured Fellaini who hasn't played for months, did anyone think we were going to improve?

Minimalist

Arsenal in December. The last big one he was available to play? Set up two goals and bossed the game up until the red, which I thought was harsh.
He was good on the counter but our midfield couldn't control shit in that match. You do remember the match correctly?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Arsenal are pretty poor game these days tbf. He's been bad every time we faced any of Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and City. If Arsenal game proves a point against my post, then I apologise. But from what I can remember we were far from bossing the game, and our keeper was our best player.

Nipower888

Supports
Man city
More, I don't care to comment (though sometimes do) when plays well or adequately against lower sides.

These are the games I'm watching him closely. And he's been shit, more often than not. Hugely disappointing.
I think he’s been good to decent in most of the big games with 3 bad performances this game not being one of them. He didn’t give us a monster performance this game. He’s been average. I know for what we expect of him average isn’t good enough of but it’s not terrible like everyone is this thread is saying. We’ve been worse now that he’s off the pitch. He will get better in big games with time as every young midfielder does.

You should care if he played well during lowers sides as 75 percent of the teams we face in the league are lowers sides. Something I learned from watching LVG is you can show up for the big sides all you want but if you can’t beat the lower sides you won’t come close to winning the league.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I agree on the whole but, to be fair, he has had one big game which was the 3-1 vs Arsenal. It doesn't help that José doesn't seem to know what he's doing, but regardless, he is overrated and, more often than not, looks out of his depth against the better teams.

You'd have to hope that if we finally played him In a 3 man midfield he'd step up more often for us in the big games.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I agree on the whole but, to be fair, he has had one big game which was the 3-1 vs Arsenal. It doesn't help that José doesn't seem to know what he's doing, but regardless, he is overrated and, more often than not, looks out of his depth against the better teams.

You'd have to hope that if we finally played him In a 3 man midfield he'd step up more often for us in the big games.
Yeah, people will no doubt get me wrong, I really believe he will be a great player for us because he is potentially excellent player, but he is nowhere near great yet as people make him out to be.

Sterling Archer

Was the occasion to big for him or was he injured or what? He was missing and barely seemed like he was trying

Eddy_JukeZ

I'm a huge fan, but there's no defending his performance.

Even if the system doesn't cater to him, there's no excuse to how bad he was tonight.

I think that was the worst performance he's had for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He isn't a central midfielder. Call him an attacking midfielder, ok. The most advanced part of a midfield 3, ok. Part of a midfield 2? Suicidal and he's crap in that role. Keep him outside of his own half as he just gives the ball away in that situation.

Also :lol: At anyone who dares suggest he is a patch on De Bruyne, Modric or Kroos. Until he can consistantly perform in big games and not look a mess on the pitch, he will continue to be a level below them. I don't give a feck about him having a great game against Stoke at Old Trafford. Time and time again he is a mess in any big game. Not even adequate, but a mess. He isn't a central midfielder and we should stop pretending like he can play the role when he simply can't.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He isn't a central midfielder. Call him an attacking midfielder, ok. The most advanced part of a midfield 3, ok. Part of a midfield 2? Suicidal and he's crap in that role. Keep him outside of his own half as he just gives the ball away in that situation.
That is obvious now. There's been enough games for this assessment to be made, specially in a midfield 2. Mourinho cannot just for something to magically happen if the guy isn't committed to it.

engulfing

Disgraceful performance, did nothing today. Didn't tackle didn't create didn't win any long balls to him, just useless. Hope he gets crucified by the media.

Zoo

Misused in this position against the better teams. Mourinho needs to take the blame we were crying out for a 3 man midfield and that was obvious before the game.

acnumber9

He was definitely shite but we were even worse once he went off. He can at least play a pass. I don’t think Fellaini played one and Herrera didn’t play one to a red shirt.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He needs to add the ability to play well in tough situations like that, until then we can’t play him in a 2 it’s just not working. Why Jose can’t see that is beyond me.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was definitely shite but we were even worse once he went off. He can at least play a pass. I don’t think Fellaini played one and Herrera didn’t play one to a red shirt.
Nah, the second half was constant shitness both with and without him

cyberman

I hope it's Jose sending a message and not an injury.
He has full confidence in his play in close quarters but he relies on that more than movement. He plays to shield the ball but that starts to bleed into his defensive movement as well.
At this stage it's like a workman blaming his tools, Jose should know this by now and have him in a three. It's as much on Jose as it is on Paul

Devil81

Refuses to track a man, refuses to defend.

Fantastic footballer on his terms, we need another holding midfielder that will free Pogba up.

Jagga7

This is his second season here and I still don't know what he does or what his position is.
lol this is ridiculous. He's outstanding but we can't expect him to flourish in a 2 man midfield against a top team in Spurs especially when our defenders can't cope with pressing and struggle to make forward passes to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.