16 Goals
14 Assists
7 Yellow cards
1 Red card
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 10, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

As much as I despise Mourinho (and I was probably the first to make my feelings known about him) - he can't take all the "credit" for Pogbas poor performances. In some matches - Pogba was simply awful, making all kinds of stupid errors (not tracking back, losing his man on set-pieces etc). So clearly Pogba deserve some of the blame - but enough about that.

But in his current form - I can't think of a better central midfielder in the world.
  2. Feb 10, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

That's where you're wrong.

No. Those who were stupid enough to fall for Jose nonsense and championed for the selling of Pogba deserve to be called out on that and reminded how idiotic they were as much as possible.

Including Neville. That guy can be an embarrassing fellow at times.

Exactly. Those lots deserve constant reminder of how stupid and utterly idiotic they were being especially after the agressive way they went about shutting down anyone trying to defend Pogba. The man got dog's abuse and those same fans were the biggest perpetrators.
    Pretty much.

Also right on the point with the bolded part.
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  3. Feb 10, 2019

Jib New Member

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/mou...yers-fans-castles.443260/page-4#post-23360847

the virus is pretty good huh
  4. Feb 10, 2019

FootyGirl88

5. Feb 10, 2019

DWelbz19 Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

We literally saw Chelsea fans endure this with KDB and Salah in the same league! Mourinho’s minions all managed to shift goalposts and justify it all though, so it’s fine.
  6. Feb 10, 2019

MDFC Manager Full Member

Don't think it's a side point. It's a great one, very relevant. Easily the most talented player in the league and is now playing like the best player in the league.
  7. Feb 10, 2019

jeff_goldblum Full Member

It almost reminds me of the centre-midfield role Giggs took up in his later years with us. Beats players in the middle of the park to bring the ball up the pitch, passes forwards and tries the difficult option. The two main differences are that a) he's way, way better at it than Giggs was and b) he's got cover behind him so he can get into the box more often.
  8. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

No comments about social media, hair style, cars or clothes, ego, flash wannabe rapper? Anyone defending him at that time needed a fire suit. None of those were applicable to how he was playing and probably still applicable now Sell him in Jan....zero to hero, Football fans and forums can be really fickle.....
  9. Feb 10, 2019

MDFC Manager Full Member

Agreed, let's not give him a 10 year contract. 8 year contract should be good enough.
  10. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Feck-sake are fans still causing a stir about who always had faith in him and who doubted him? Grow up and move on.
  11. Feb 10, 2019

Rolaholic Full Member

Nope,those of us who dared defend him received abuse for not joining the hate bandwagon and shitting on him for every little thing he does under the sun. The naysayers can continue to eat their fair share of crow for being incredibly wrong about our best player

Of course you want to say this now though after you've been proven wrong but you'd definitely be one of the first ones in line here showering him with abuse if he wasn't in form :rolleyes:

Funny how it's mainly his biggest critics on here asking people to 'move on' after months of attempted scapegoating and non stop venom :lol:
  12. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

When I dish out abuse to others for "not joining the hate bandwagon and shitting on him for every little thing"?

Are you just trying to make stuff up again? Looks it.
  13. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

I make you absolutely right. As said earlier, no comments about his social media, clothes, hair, dancing, ego? Are we saying he had a personality change or are the haters having amnesia about those things they wanted him sold for in Jan because he's playing well?
  14. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Players can do whatever the feck they want on the side if they perform on the pitch. The question marks over the side stuff came about when he wasn't performing well.

Fergie did the same with Cantona - players would complain to Ferguson about preferential treatment to Cantona, to which SAF said "if you play like that you can do whatever the hell you want".
  15. Feb 10, 2019

Irish Jet New Member

Supports:
    Anyone but Rashford
    I think a lot of people who criticised him early in the season weren’t doubting his ability.

He’s our best player by a lot but some of the stuff from earlier season still leaves a bad taste. He was unprofessional with a lot of the stuff he was saying, regardless of his issues with the manager.

Obviously it’s a priority to keep him happy. But it’s not like these issues may not come up again in the future.
  16. Feb 10, 2019

Skills Snitch

It's a little sad if we're being honest. Spending 1000s of hours on a hobby, and lacking the aptitude to appreciate it.
  17. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

Yep my point exactly though. Even though there is no correlation between them, fickle fans will make reference to them when playing badly like it's a fecking science but completely ignore them when they are. People were questioning his family and his religion with racist undertones ....Some people's moral compass is a joke and they wonder why we still have the issues we do in football.
  18. Feb 10, 2019

Rozay Master of Hindsight

Actually, they can do what they want regardless of whether they are performing or not. Whose right is it to say that a player can’t buy new clothes, a car or whatever because he didn’t play well last game?
  19. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

No when he's not playing well, like in the scene from GOT, he needs to walk around Manchester naked having shite thrown at him and eat bread and water for a week until he's repented.
  20. Feb 10, 2019

kouroux 45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I agree with this. It's always been crazy to me how some people can criticize players for certain things they do off the field when we know feck all about their impacts on the players. Criticizing the social media activity is a good example of how mad it can be.
  21. Feb 10, 2019

el3mel Full Member

Magnificent goal. Came from a very narrow angle and needed a pretty good shooter to put it in.

Great performance after great performance recently. Can't ask for more. Long may it continue.
  22. Feb 10, 2019

lysglimt Full Member

I stand by everything I said - they were both disruptive to the team. Pogba was playing for himself - and Mourinho was doing his best to sabotage the team. But as I wrote in other posts - I would pick Pogba over Mourinho any day of the week.
  23. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Who here questioned religion and had racist undertones?

False - and I'm quite sure SAF said the same.
  24. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

Many on here and in the media. There wasn't any fabric of Pogs life at it worst which wasn't being questioned and there was a few of us on here that thought it had gone too far. Hatred of players makes some fans take the debate to another level and at times it was venomous on here.
  25. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

No doubt - which posters here had racial undertones or abused other posters for their defense of Pogba at the time. Was it me? or was it @lysglimt ?

If it wasn't either of us, why should there be a playground mentality of childish posters finding old posts of when these didn't rate Pogba even though they agree he is currently on superb form?
  26. Feb 10, 2019

Litch Full Member

Football is all about opinions and mine changes about a player even in the game so I'm certainly not digging out old posts to prove any point; there's probably more I could equally find of when I was wrong too. Might be the wrong place for the discussion but it's just a reminder to me that as fans because a player isn't playing well, doesn't give us the right to suggest that that's anything to do with their personal or their families lives...
  27. Feb 10, 2019

SilentWitness ShoelessWitness Staff

Supports:
    Everton
    Imagine a manager using a world class player in the position he should be and him playing well in it. Astounding.
  28. Feb 10, 2019

Well then Fergie would have been as wrong as you are.
  29. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

See - this is the problem. You can't just accept a difference of opinion and leave it there. The stubbornness of claiming "you're wrong" to subjective matters is just ridiculous.
  30. Feb 10, 2019

mav_9me Full Member

Did you see what I replied to? That poster said he is the best player in the world.

I am not disputing that he is world class. But that's not what he said.
  31. Feb 10, 2019

Cloud7 Full Member

Crazy right. Who would have guessed that that would have any chance of being effective :houllier:
  32. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

They can do whatever they want, but they will be subject to higher levels of criticism when they show off on instagram during extended periods of poor form. He's playing to his amazing level now so no one will dare question his social media antics, and rightly so.

Don't think there is anything wrong with that. But we'll agree to disagree.
  33. Feb 10, 2019

Social media requires a consciousness only down to morality. You can’t be inappropriate, promote drugs etc.

Football fans need to understand that parts of a footballer’s life is off-limits to them. You don’t get a say on everything. You don’t get to have an input on a hairstyle. You don’t get to have an input on a car, a house, a watch, a girlfriend or anything else of that nature.

Anyone who is irritated is permitted to simply not follow them on Instagram.
  34. Feb 10, 2019

VP89 Pogba's biggest fan

Social media is out there for people to have an opinion of others. People post on Instagram because they want their followers to hold some sort of opinion of them.. "Andrew knows his restaurants, Jessica loves to get trashed, Dwight loves going to the gym" or whatever the feck it is. Social media for celebrities is even more delicate and they no doubt get training on how to carry their image. Pogba is free to do whatever he likes, but he'll get called out for distractions by certain sections of the fans and media if he's playing rubbish and still loud on social media.
  35. Feb 10, 2019

abdo99 Full Member

In any case he should be in the conversation for the ballon dor 2019 if this form continues through the year. The messi Ronaldo stranglehold has already ended and its quite open now. Pogba will most certainly be there.
  36. Feb 10, 2019

Sadly, individual recognition is still too heavily weighted towards team accomplishments. Manchester United will need to be successful, particularly in Europe, for Pogba to get the proper global recognition I think.
  37. Feb 10, 2019

Mr PG New Member

Yeah let’s assume Italy as well as the World Cup never happened.
  38. Feb 10, 2019

mav_9me Full Member

This is so frustrating. I guess nobody reads any posts.

I replied to a poster saying " he is the best player in the world"

Do you think that? I am saying he is not the best player in the world. Do you disagree? He is world class yes. Best player in the world??? Need to see him do this way more before we get there IMO.
  39. Feb 10, 2019

mav_9me Full Member

This I agree with. Thanks for a more sensible reasoned reply.
  40. Feb 10, 2019

Santoryo ripping the reward

Right, now it's time to grow up and move on but when you lots were having a field day with petty insults plus name calling at Pogba and the condescension toward those who defended him, it never occurred to you to remind people to grow up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.