Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Did more then Verrati all game, who pretty much got the ball and passes it to better attacking players all game long. Pogba was playing by himself for most of that game, we'll see in the return leg how dreadful we look without him
That's what a midfielder is supposed to do, isn't it?

ManRed

Was kept quite by Marquinhos all game. atleast will get much needed rest in the 2nd leg

Sanchez7

You would think people would realise that he is by far our best player by now but the same clowns who wanted him gone under Jose back in force tonight.

If I was PSG Pogba would be the one I would closely mark.If you cut down Pogbas' influence then other creative figures like Martial and Rashford would be less of a threat,especially the later with his off-ball movement and Pogba's effective range of passing.

So ,it'll be interesting to see how PSG handle Pogba tonight and how Pogba himself deals with being possibly tightly marked.
:D Bollocks.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Did more then Verrati all game, who pretty much got the ball and passes it to better attacking players all game long. Pogba was playing by himself for most of that game, we'll see in the return leg how dreadful we look without him
Verratti is so much better than Pogba defensively. The difference is night and day. Verratti's defensive positioning, instinct and tacking is on a different planet to Pogba.

Mick321

Feasting on teams like Cardiff and Bournemouth is important, it gets you loads of points in a season but it would be nice to see him turn up v someone good.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Red card was just an accident. Alves came out of nowhere, not massively dissimilar to Nani’s against Real in that he’d committed to an action and an opponent came on his blind side and collided.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Also, marked off from the games is such an easy excuse for Pogba, he is basically playing wherever he wants and he is doing minimum defensive work.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Verratti is so much better than Pogba defensively. The difference is night and day. Verratti's defensive positioning, instinct and tacking is on a different planet to Pogba.
Pogba's attacking game is on different planet to Verratti.

You would think people would realise that he is by far our best player by now but the same clowns who wanted him gone under Jose back in force tonight.
Oh,people would want him gone over tonight's game.That's how silly and reactionary football is.Pundits will have a field day this week.

Stadjer

Marked out of the game by a defender playing as midfielder. Remove Pogba and we lose most of our creativity because Herrera tries hard but isnt a creative force and Matic tries less hard but isnt very creative either.

Usually Pogba is good enough to bully his direct opponent but Marquinhos is quite good and Pogba didnt have the best of games.

marktan

I don't disagree with you, Pogba's not a defensive player. He's an attacking player, that's where he shines, but he's asked to play both roles.

That's what a midfielder is supposed to do, isn't it?
Which works if you have better team mates around you. Seriously, I say this all the time, swap Pogba and Verrati in their teams and you'd see night and day in their respective performances.

Member 115509

Very poor tonight, his red card just topped it all off. He wasn't the only one out of the players you would look to in these types of games for something special, let his frustration get the better of him in the end, either that or he fancied a night off for the return game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Hes hardly produced in big European ties, what so funny about it?
We haven't played big European ties at all, he was the only player who looked capable of playing for Juventus when we played them at home. His record and performance vs big teams in league is good except few games. Odd post.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Has a long way to go before he's close to Scholes. I thought that was obvious but, reading back, apparently it isn't.

marktan

I won't criticise him too much, there's no point since it's pretty much usual stuff with Pogba in big games, I just hope people who call him world class, best midfielder/player in the world and crap like that have realised there are actually other players in the world who perform better than him when it matters, so watching some non United gsmes will do them no harm.
That's absolute rubbish, I hate how this same crap comes out every fecking time. What about Spurs and Arsenal last month? City last season? Even today he was our best player.

Honestly the state of some of you, he's easily our best attacking player and you lot are frothing at the mouth to be patronising every time we don't get a result.

Patrick08

Did you even watch the game. Tuchel is smart he knows he everything goes through Paul. Marquinhos who is as athletic as him marked him and also got help from his team mates. Sometimes he had three people on him
It's going to be this at every game this level, you just have to find a way.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was ok, tried to make things happen but it let himself get frustrated and have no complaints about the sending off.

The annoying thing is Herrera and Matic not being able to advantage of the space left behind.

Holocene

Why are you comparing an attacking player like Pogba to Verratti's defensive game? Apples and oranges.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Even today he was our best player.
That's just ridiculous. How can you quote my post and say it's rubbish then say something like that. He was literally one of our worst players.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I thought he was our only somewhat decent player tonight, save for de Gea of course.

shahzy

They are like a rash that wont go away. Mourinho apologists and fans, not Utd fans. Imagine 'fans' chastising your best player in the hope he leaves, does that sound like fans who want the best for their team? Of course not. Best not to give these people any attention as that is what they want the most

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's going to be this at every game this level, you just have to find a way.
People forget how poor Ronaldo was in big games for us too. Pogba can't do it all himself, he needed help and got none today

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was really bad - easily the poorest of our midfield 3.

He kept on doing that annoying thing where he waits for a 3 or 4 people to surround him before doing something. Problem is when you do it against top players, one of them usually will take the ball off you.

Patrick08

We haven't played big European ties at all, he was the only player who looked capable of playing for Juventus when we played them at home. His record and performance vs big teams in league is good except few games. Odd post.
So are we going to cover up everything and he can do no wrong?

Litch

.....like I said previously, wasn't surprised the vultures have started circling. Next will be his hair, social media, cars and clothes etc. Absolutely pathetic.....

marktan

That's just ridiculous. How can you quote my post and say it's rubbish then say something like that. He was literally one of our worst players.
Who was better? He was taking players on, trying to pick passes. No one in our attack or midfield did anything the whole game. Matic maybe for trying also.

edcunited1878

His intentions were good and had good touches but was marked out of the match then was closed down from multiple angles when he had the ball. Just too far from goal to make more influence. PSG played 3 in the back and narrow, which restricted his space and time. Fair play to PSG. Just shows that United need better quality around Pogba to be really, really good again.

Minimalist

I'm sure opinions will be all over the place given it's Pogba but I thought he was awful tonight. Sending off summed up his night.

Another big game he failed to even look 'decent' in. Matic and Herrera had to do some serious work out there while he was stinking it up.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He was seriously frustrated with their antics tonight. He went mental when their played crowded the ref after the Young nudge. Could see him getting annoyed at their constant fouling and diving too.

He wasn’t great tonight, but having to deal with that plus all the play going down the other side in the first half didn’t help. Our best moment came from him bursting down the right.

Zoo

No he wasn’t he just couldn’t get into the game enough. The moments he did he looked like the one who could do something for us. Everyone else was rubbish and we resorted to Young hoofing it or Herrera trying wild shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.