Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

Fecking dreadful. He's gone back to overcomplicating things again when he should make the simple passes and move into space. Instead he's trying to do too much and inevitably messes up.

Sort it out Paul.

0le

He is a good player but he has never played a game where he single handedly drives us to the win. It isn't in his locker (yet?). So when the team plays badly, he'll probably have a poor performance too.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Reverted back to his old self.

Pointless player when he’s in that mood. For some reason he thinks the best way forward is to start dribbling in his own half and trying to beat all 11 players rather than playing the simple pass.

Nothing was right with that performance, he didn’t even occupy the left side where he’s been so dangerous lately.
This mood seems to coincide when not one of our attacking players seems to make a run nor be able to control a football adequately.

Creative players need players on their wavelength, Pogba looked fantastic with Mbappe in the World Cup and when Rashford is on top form.

Pogba's never been one to pull a team up, but he shines when things are going well. De Bruyne's the same. Silva makes them tick, De Bruyne adds the gloss. Matic is piss poor and Herrera wasn't good today.

We rely on Pogba to make us tick and add the gloss.

Patrick08

To be the best midfielder in the world, you need to have a consistent low cap. Even at your worst, you should be hitting 7/10s during a poor run of form. Pogba fluctuates from 10/10 to 2/10 with no warning - frequently. The first half today was a throwback to the Mourinho era where he apparenty didn't give a feck. Created nothing, gave the ball away too often, couldn't find the right pass, didn't track back, looked like he didn't care. Worrying mentality.

He will have a blinder soon, and look invincible - but he really needs to start being more consistent.
He will only have those performances when he is playing as an attacking midfielder and not a central midfielder.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Really annoying that he didn’t up his game now that he has the captaincy.

Not a good week.

finneh

I hope he isn't someone who constantly needs "something to prove" in order to play well. At 26 years old and a supposed world class player tonight is the exact kind of game he should be taking by the scruff of the neck.

He isn't going to have a manager every 3 months dropping him, getting sacked and a new person appointed giving him the chance to "prove them wrong".

Ban

Fecking dreadful. He's gone back to overcomplicating things again when he should make the simple passes and move into space. Instead he's trying to do too much and inevitably messes up.

Sort it out Paul.
That's when he's the worst. Dilly dallying on the ball, not passing when he should, trying to make everything by himself. And his demenaour wasnt at all right.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
This mood seems to coincide when not one of our attacking players seems to make a run nor be able to control a football adequately.

Creative players need players on their wavelength, Pogba looked fantastic with Mbappe in the World Cup and when Rashford is on top form.

Pogba's never been one to pull a team up, but he shines when things are going well. De Bruyne's the same. Silva makes them tick, De Bruyne adds the gloss. Matic is piss poor and Herrera wasn't good today.

Agreed. The lack of movement and link-up play from Martial, Rashford and Lingard stifled him. He can find the through ball only if someone is making a run into space, and he can drive forward only if the defenders are being drawn out by the forwards' movement.

However, there were some simple things he messed up today. He did not make the right decisions, trying to take on the entire team instead of keeping it simple and passing it around. When it rains, it pours. When things don't go his way, he just keeps getting worse.

I'm not worried about him, he's got 14 goals and 12 assists this season from midfield. Phenomenal player on his day, needs to be more consistent, and needs better players around him. Having someone like Thiago next to him in midfield would help him immensely, because he carries the weight of creativity on his shoulders too often.

Canagel

the treatment he's getting is not acceptable. two of their players got carded for tactical fouls and probably more shouldve. how long must he fend off 3 players before getting awarded foul? ole must scare off the refs and call for protection to given. absolute joke.

Castia

Nah, the rest were shit today as well there’s no excusing them but he stopped doing the simple/right thing and took it upon himself to dribble and lose the ball at almost every opportunity.

The lot of them were shite but Pogba was the most frustrating because his feck up’s were completely needless.

Walters_19_MuFc

Has been quite poor in the last few games. He's wanting to do too much when we either go a goal down or come up against defensive teams.

spiriticon

Shite today but to be fair to him every time he looked like he was gonna do something a Wolves player immediately took him to the cleaners, the dirty shites.

Patrick08

I have said it before and i will say it again, we can not be dependent on him as a sole creator for the whole season. We need to spread burden of creativity across and bro g in another playmaker as well. We need to look at the likes if erikson .

Devil may care

I'm sure he'll get slaughtered but his job of being sole creator is a tough one, I watched Barca the other night and all of their midfield 3 and all of their front 3 were creative in their use of the ball, meanwhile he has it pretty much all on his shoulders as Ander keeps it safe and Matic goes blundering around thinking he's Redondo, meanwhile our forwards are better moving off the ball than creating, bar Martial who is usually best when running with it.

Patrick08

Has been quite poor in the last few games. He's wanting to do too much when we either go a goal down or come up against defensive teams.
The moment he is called on to play as a cm and not AM, he goes way below the levels he shows as AM.

Would be amusing if the armband is taken off him again.:lol:

Overall,he had a shocker tonight but not helped when he was playing so deep.
Would've went with a midfield of McTominay,Herrera,Matic with Pogba behind Rashford and Martial.

KennyBurner

Sort it out Paul.
There has never been a time when he doesn't overcomplicate things. Even when he drops a 10/10 there are clips during those games when he does too much. I think I've just come to accept that's a part of his game.

What I won't accept is his ineffectiveness anywhere other than the number 10 position. Its like he chooses not to perform to standard when he isn't playing further up the pitch. It's not a good sign from a potential captain. Numerous times he had the ball in the dm position and tried to dribble out of trouble when there were passes available to him.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I'm sure he'll get slaughtered but his job of being sole creator is a tough one, I watched Barca the other night and all of their midfield 3 and all of their front 3 were creative in their use of the ball, meanwhile he has it pretty much all on his shoulders as Ander keeps it safe and Matic goes blundering around thinking he's Redondo, meanwhile our forwards are better moving off the ball than creating, bar Martial who is usually best when running with it.
True. Put Pogba in the Barca midfield or in the PSG midfield, and he'll look Zidane's second coming despite his inconsistencies. We need to build the team around him, ease the burden off his shoulders - but our recruitment so far has not helped his cause.

Patrick08

the treatment he's getting is not acceptable. two of their players got carded for tactical fouls and probably more shouldve. how long must he fend off 3 players before getting awarded foul? ole must scare off the refs and call for protection to given. absolute joke.
If you are closed down wise thing to do is to pass it. It isn't Italian football where he will beat -3 players at a time .

Melville Red

Pogba can definitely turn it on, but boy, when he disappears, he's more useless than Djemba Djemba. You can't ever be top class without consistency. We need to either buy better players to help him, or ship him off and build a system that isn't dependent on a temperamental show pony deciding he feels like playing football on the day.
Nah, the rest were shit today as well there’s no excusing them but he stopped doing the simple/right thing and took it upon himself to dribble and lose the ball at almost every opportunity.

The lot of them were shite but Pogba was the most frustrating because his feck up’s were completely needless.
He’s a luxury player who does not turn up when the opposing team is up for it.
Now when he has a good game he can remind me of Glenn Hoddle, a player who should have played for us but that’s another story. Pogba should be the player Hoddle was but I’m afraid he’s a million miles off and should be sold, as I said earlier, does any one honestly think we would have beaten PSG had he played in that match? I honestly don’t.

KennyBurner

That is true but how does a coach tell him to stop overcomplicating things with the ball all game? he struggles with knowing when to dictate tempo at certain phases of the pitch. At this level it shouldn't be difficult to know when to dribble out of trouble and when to release the ball quickly.

Devil may care

True. Put Pogba in the Barca midfield or in the PSG midfield, and he'll look Zidane's second coming despite his inconsistencies. We need to build the team around him, ease the burden off his shoulders - but our recruitment so far has not helped his cause.
I just go back to his Juve days when Pirlo knew how and when to feed him the ball, someone that could control the game and let Pogba focus on what he does best, instead we have Ander going backwards or sideways a lot of the time, or Matic trying Hollywood passes or bursting runs that bypass him and go nowhere, the balance is off.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

See, this is where I have to disagree with you. His fecks ups come when he is trying stuff because others are doing absolutely jackshite.

I know this makes me sound like I think Pogba can do no wrong, and believe me, I don't think that. Hear me out.

In the first half, Pogba tried that through ball to Martial who just wasn't doing anything. Pogba looked exasperated. That's a snapshot.

Pogba's options in this game were try to force the pass, give it to a player who'd pass it back or try to do something. He tried to do something and kept failing. At that point, yes he should try and move the ball quickly and purposefully. But he grew more and more frustrated, and at that point we're only going to see the worst of him.

I think many people agree, we still need that deeper lying playmaker, receive the ball on the turn, get the ball forward between the lines.

Devil may care

That is true but how does a coach tell him to stop overcomplicating things with the ball all game? he struggles with knowing when to dictate tempo at certain phases of the pitch. At this level it shouldn't be difficult to know when to dribble out of trouble and when to release the ball quickly.
I think a lot of that could be solved with 2 things, better movement ahead so there is someone to release it too quickly, and another player to create so he didn't feel like he has to make something happen every time he gets the ball because if he doesn't, nobody else will.

Canagel

If you are closed down wise thing to do is to pass it. It isn't Italian football where he will brat 2-3 players at a time .
no it's not. he's getting targeted with deliberate fouls just like the City players were and after pep called the refs they started giving everything. there's zero protection and it must be addressed asap.

matt23

Our runs have gone stale again half the time he's got nothing on so it's either faff about and win a foul or faff about and lose the ball.

Patrick08

no it's not. he's getting targeted with deliberate fouls just like the City players were and after pep called the refs they started giving everything. there's zero protection and it must be addressed asap.
:lol: I'll say it again. It isn't Italian football. Adapt or get owned. Demanding protection will make no sense.

el3mel

Looks knackered and needs a rest. Also needs a quick DM behind him like Kante.
He's the least player in the squad who needs a rest considering last 3 weeks he only played one game a week. He didn't play in PSG game. He got enough rest in between games.

The problem is off day, players usually keep it simple and not complicate things to wait for a moment they can show quality.

Pogba off day does stupid things like trying to dribble past players, overcomplicating passing, long bombs and crazy shooting.

He doesn't know what to do when he switches off.

Zoo

He was poor but so was everyone else. The focus on only him is a bit weird he’s just one player at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.