Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemur

Why are people comparing pogba to midfielders that 1. Dont even the same role he plays and 2. Also played with world class midfielders to hide their flaws. Xavi played with iniesta and messi. Roy Keane played with Paul scholes and a bunch of great attackers. Pirlo played with Paul and a whole number of great midfielders. Paul Pogba plays with Herrera and Matic.
Great shout.

No one asks Pogba to take us to glory, that's just clear delusion. If he could consistently play as a decent midfielder during an entire it would be fantastic already because his individual quality is so unique.
Obviously you have not been reading the matchday threads or the 3-4 threads about him that constantly rotate on the front page of caf.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great shout.

Obviously you have not been reading the matchday threads or the 3-4 threads about him that constantly rotate on the front page of caf.
It's the same old Jose clan grouping up and spouting shit unfortunately. They'll never get over the fact Jose left and Pogba "won" the battle to stay. Like Pogba had anything to do with him getting sacked :rolleyes:

Cladistics_Fan

It's the same old Jose clan grouping up and spouting shit unfortunately. They'll never get over the fact Jose left and Pogba "won" the battle to stay. Like Pogba had anything to do with him getting sacked :rolleyes:
It is a bit unfortunate to bring a strawman into your post. However, I will indulge you and respond to your post. Firstly, I have always been behind the managers, whether it was the Doc, Ron Atkinson, Sir Alex, David Moyes, LVG or even Jose Mourinho. It is the first thing that a supporter does. Secondly, I have seen both of Mourinhos' tenures at Chelsea, and also his stint at Real Madrid, and I saw enough to know that his attitude towards the players was shocking. I was against Mourinho right from the start and in spite of the couple of successes he had with us, that didn't really wash with me. His attitude was (you might agree with me or you might not, that is up to you to decide), well, if the team succeeds in bringing trophies home, then it is simply because of his "superior managerial skills." However, should the team perform badly, he will never accept the responsibility or the part he played i.e. it is the players fault, not mine.

Personally, I don't think Pogba had anything to do with Mourinho being sacked; far from it in fact. He tried his best to deliver the goods and the team wasn't really upto standard, or indeed, Paul Pogbas' own personal standards. I have seen Pogba berating his own teammates, and that is a good thing to see, it means he cares. This is the sort of passion we haven't seen since the likes of Wayne Rooney or Roy Keane. However, his passion is not in question, it is his "top level consistency." I asked the poster in question about the proof to show that Pogba is about all those who are currently playing and those who have recently retired. Yes, I give you that Pogba is top quality today, but to be compared to players who retired only a few years ago and who have a higher top level than anyone is silly.

el3mel

What a terrible post. "Jose clan" and "Jose cultists" are now the easy route out of any discussion.

MUfreak

Imagine Xavi in this team of ours

DDG
Pa Young, Smelling, Jones, Shaw
Herrrera, Matic, Xavi
Lingard, Ukaku, Martial/Rashford

Last edited by a moderator:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a terrible post. "Jose clan" and "Jose cultists" are now the easy route out of any discussion.
How ironic coming from you. Every post seems to be agenda fueled.

deadrevelz

Hope Paul shows what he can do against Barca. Time for him to step up when we need him.

el3mel

How ironic coming from you. Every post seems to be agenda fueled.
Or maybe it's because he has obvious problems that keep recurring now but some like you want to bury their head in the sand whenever it comes to Pogba.

doriandun

It is a bit unfortunate to bring a strawman into your post. However, I will indulge you and respond to your post. Firstly, I have always been behind the managers, whether it was the Doc, Ron Atkinson, Sir Alex, David Moyes, LVG or even Jose Mourinho. It is the first thing that a supporter does. Secondly, I have seen both of Mourinhos' tenures at Chelsea, and also his stint at Real Madrid, and I saw enough to know that his attitude towards the players was shocking. I was against Mourinho right from the start and in spite of the couple of successes he had with us, that didn't really wash with me. His attitude was (you might agree with me or you might not, that is up to you to decide), well, if the team succeeds in bringing trophies home, then it is simply because of his "superior managerial skills." However, should the team perform badly, he will never accept the responsibility or the part he played i.e. it is the players fault, not mine.

Personally, I don't think Pogba had anything to do with Mourinho being sacked; far from it in fact. He tried his best to deliver the goods and the team wasn't really upto standard, or indeed, Paul Pogbas' own personal standards. I have seen Pogba berating his own teammates, and that is a good thing to see, it means he cares. This is the sort of passion we haven't seen since the likes of Wayne Rooney or Roy Keane. However, his passion is not in question, it is his "top level consistency." I asked the poster in question about the proof to show that Pogba is about all those who are currently playing and those who have recently retired. Yes, I give you that Pogba is top quality today, but to be compared to players who retired only a few years ago and who have a higher top level than anyone is silly.

Jose leaving chelsea the first time if i remember correctly was to do with not getting transfers, his stint at Real Madrid, was he tried to assert his authority when he went up against a club legend, Iker Casillas and lost, Chelsea 2.0, the players thought he was wrong, in relation to the female doctor, not both doctors, which his alleged vitrol was aimed at.

Jose sacking was all his doing, and he orchestrated it from summer 2018, as some of his transfers were vetoed, as they were the season previous when he wanted to get rid of Martial.The palaver with Pogba, stemmed back to Dec 2017, when Pogba came back from injury, and the press were banging on about Pogba's playing position, Jose held out a somewhat olive branch, Pogba wasn't having it and so we had the issue around the Sevilla match,Jose somehow got a whiff of Woodwards intentions in the summer, hence began making noise.

In relation to Pogba, berating his fellow players, is not a sign that he care's as Sanchez would constantly do that at Arsenal, just like many would argue that differrent man management techniques are needed for different players, in order for them to grow and develop.Pogba does not need to be a 9 out of 10 every week, but just do the basics well.make better decisions, when to run with the ball, when to make a simple pass.

Personally i think to get the best from Pogba you have to play him as an attacking midfield left, in a 4231 or attacking midfield center, then either have Martial or Lukaku up top.that way his only defensive duties is reduced substantially.

Man Utd 0:1 Barcelona

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Maybe, just maybe it isn't just his teammates that are the problem here? Have we thought about that for a minute.

At least he wasn't totally lost though, as he was in past few games, and generally against good teams.

Holocene

Midfield trio did very well tonight. Controlled a lot of the game against Barcelona. Forward players offered nothing.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He was far below the level of Fred and McTominay tonight.

Zoo

Thought he had a good mature game and the midfield looked nicely balanced.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Was good in the first half. A ghost in the second half. Fred and Mctomminah were much better overall.

Ashley R1+O

Don't really understand the point of him, the constant "YEAH BUT ITS POGBA HES GREAT" then he plays and you ask yourself ".. So when is he great?.." Legitimate worry heading into next season.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Needs to show more, being just OK for that price tag won't cut it.

Back to being good again tonight, he could have had some assists if either of our attackers were capable of doing anything.

marktan

Still thought he was good, kept the ball well, drew fouls and made some nice passes. The problem is people expect him to be a forward 3 player, whereas he's a provider. We desperately need to upgrade our front line and he'll rake up assists as he does for France.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Thought he was solid when he had the ball. Just there wasn't much movement from the forwards and you just know Young who is given the space will do feck all with it.

In a team that has flanks that carry threat he would look better.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Thought he played well along with McTominay and Fred to overcome Barca's midfield. Played some nice passes that were wasted by Rashford and Lukaku.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Average, but that's always the case against the big sides. Mctomminay and Fred bossed the midfield, Pogba was more of a passenger.

reddevilz007

Lazy in his movements off the ball and in on our half.
Fred and McTominay were miles more efficient and useful to the overall team performance today.

cyberman

Looks worse because of the phenomenal performances from our other two midfielders but he had a good game overall. I thought our midfield controlled the entire game tonight and you can't do that with a below par Pogba

Rajma

I quite like Pogba but wouldn’t be against selling him in the summer for good money, he’s not a midfielder and his off the ball movement is poor making him a complete passenger at times.

mu4c_20le

I think whenever he doesn't lift us when things arent going well, people assume hes having a bad game. His passing was brilliant today, shame he didnt get as much of the ball as i wouldve liked to see, we kept spreading it out wide.

Abhinav

I am really baffled by this place sometimes. Players such as Rashford are being slaughtered, after coming back from injury and illness, while Pogba is being given a free pass.

For me he is a coward. Didnt get on the ball, left it up to Fred to do all the playmaking, never really got stuck in. A flick here, some fancy footwark there is good enough for people these days it seems. Great players rise up and perform in the big stage. Pogba @ Man United has failed to do it time after time.

You can have all the skill in the world but if you don’t have the heart then you are not a Manchester United player.

el3mel

People fine with that performance must have pretty low expectations from our best player nowadays.

Underwhelming.

Paul_Scholes18

He was good today, but really lacked that final ball. He was so good when Ole first joined, but since the Chelsea win in the cup he has not been the same really in terms of creating or scoring goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.