Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Started well with a great through ball for Rashford but as soon as we went behind he went missing.

I'd be amazed if Madrid offered us the fee we'd want though. He's simply not worth it.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He’s in the team to create and effect the game in a positive way. Fred, McTominay are there to do the donkey work. He literally has a platform built for him but we simply offer nothing upfront so this resource to use Pogba is entirely wasted
I disagree with the part where others are there to do the donkey work. Pogba isnt playing as a 10. He is playing CM and against the best opposition like Barca he has to do his job as a CM.

I absolutely agree he will look better with a better attack with moe movement but as seen in the world cup actually hes just better when he realises the other midfielders are not his donkeys and he is a CM not a number 10

Baxter

Playing CM is more than just creating chances.
He’s in the team to do exactly that, and has done. Pogba isn’t in the team to chase the ball down and lay it off. Regardless of how much people think he should be scoring 20 goals a season as well as tackling and intercepting like a defensive midfielder, it isn’t going to happen.

Cassidy

Not our worst performer, but against team that keep possession, it's almost like playing with a man less. He can't press or position himself.
This is the main issue that some people dont see. He doesnt seem to understand the position well imo

Cliche Guevara

Not convinced by him. Yes he created our best chances but in general after the first five to ten minutes his overall play was at times poor.

I have noticed in him he seems to have a hard time covering ground. He seems to be second to the fifty-fifties. Fred was
much quicker off the ball.

Wonder what scholes will say about him.
I’ve really started to notice how slowly he moves.

Heinzesight

I think most agree he has the talent. It’s just that his brainless decisions negate anything good he does. It’s frustrating for us all as we know how good he could be.

Cassidy

He’s in the team to do exactly that, and has done. Pogba isn’t in the team to chase the ball down and lay it off. Regardless of how much people think he should be scoring 20 goals a season as well as tackling and intercepting like a defensive midfielder, it isn’t going to happen.
Who said he should score 20. If he is playing CM part of his job is to stop the other team midfield from dominating us. Do people think Xavi just played through balls all game?

Where is his pressing. Where is his positioning. Yes 100% he should be making interceptions. Just look at how he played in the world cup

Rossa

This is the main issue that some people dont see. He doesnt seem to understand the position well imo
The problem is where can he play? He can't play up top. He isn't creative or nimble enough as a ten, and he can't press well from the front either. He might thrive in a side that keeps the ball such as Barca, but for us I'm not so sure.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think most agree he has the talent. It’s just that his brainless decisions negate anything good he does. It’s frustrating for us all as we know how good he could be.
I agree. There is a player there for sure. I think he does not work hard enough.

Bobski

Not our worst performer, but against team that keep possession, it's almost like playing with a man less. He can't press or position himself.
It is where his size and bulk can be a problem, against all these small, quick on the turn technical wizards that Barca have, so hard for a guy his size to maneuver defensively against them over a full 90. Great thing about the sport really, a great strength can also be a weakness.

Actually what is very impressive about McTominay athletically, moves uncommonly well for a man his size, hopefully he retains that as he matures.

Eddy_JukeZ

Great pass for Rashford's chance.

But he was shocking afterwards. Terrible in every aspect.

At this point, he is who he is. He's capable of incredible performances, but also performances where he will just frustrate throughout the game.

He doesn't have it in him to control a game like a Verratti. He is a moments player.

In a team that's performing extremely well, he will likely perform well too. In a team needing someone to put their stamp on the game, he is incapable of doing so.

I disagree with Ole's comments on him. You should never build your team around Pogba. He should be a cog in a machine and not the main engine.

Might be harsh, but it's hard to suggest otherwise after closely watching him for 3 years now.

Rossa

It is where his size and bulk can be a problem, against all these small, quick on the turn technical wizards that Barca have, so hard for a guy his size to outmaneuver defensively against them over a full 90. Great thing about the sport really, a great strength can also be a weakness.

Actually what is very impressive about McTominay athletically, moves uncommonly well for a man his size, hopefully he retains that as he matures.
Agree with this, but Pogba is also a concern because he can accelerate with the ball and be quite nimble, but he doesn't put in the effort in defense.. I'm sure it does take more off him than Fred though. Agree on McTominay

UncleBob

Now now, just because you've been caught out in your opinion doesn't mean you be a big meanie :(
You're still not making much sense here.

On the other hand, you're hardly expected to either.

The entire team collapsed at 2-0, singling out individual players after that is mental.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He'll be a superstar at Madrid. They'll provide him the platform to excel. Hazard, Benzema & co won't be so wasteful with his passes as our inept attackers are.
I doubt the real fans would have the same patience as we have had with him.

Cliche Guevara

He'll be a superstar at Madrid. They'll provide him the platform to excel. Hazard, Benzema & co won't be so wasteful with his passes as our inept attackers are.
Yeah they’ll do all the football stuff, and he can run around showing off like a drunken uncle skinning 5 year olds at a family BBQ.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
There was one point where he could have laid it off and played the one-two and moved up but decided to take on 3 opposing players and lost possession in the middle of the park. That's pure madness right there.

Owen06

I see his haters are out in full force, don't know what more you guys were expecting given the circumstances.

However has there ever been a club who relied on a midfiielder to win majority of games for them?

We bought a top midfiielder and gave him nothing to work with.no good playing style,no one single teammates who can be relied upon and we are expecting him to carry us through games consistently.
He's a midfiielder and midfiielders needs attackers to be really effective without Jordi alba,Messi,coutinho and Suarez, the barcelona midfiielders will just keep passing in circles without any real penetration.he created two clear chances that went unconverted,de gea and Ashley gifting goals to opposition when we needed them.

You guys can vent your frustrations at him all you want but if you replace him with any other midfiielder it will be the same outcome if not worst.our attack is dreadful and that's not his fault.

izzydiggler

Once you strip away the transfer fee, hype and flash, you’re left with a player that’s been largely mediocre for 3 years. People talk about him being worth £200m or so...it’s borderline delusional IMO and it’s like they watch a totally different player to me. Salah has scored 50+ goals in less than 2 years in a team containing Jordan Henderson and James Milner but Pogba needed ‘Matic to unleash him’, to be played in a different position and now it’s how he needs to be surrounded by stars. There’s always an excuse - I don’t see how you could class him as anything other than a massive disappointment.

He’s obviously talented and who knows, maybe another manager/team could get the best out of him but for us, he hasn’t been at all close to this fabled ‘world class superstar’ we supposedly bought. Absolutely nowhere near.

Charles Miller

Sometimes when you play against stronger adversaries a top winger/striker can shine for the weaker side. But a midfielder tends to share the same fate of his team.

pablo__p

I think for the time being United could do without his persona in the dressing room. Yes, he's talented and has no ceiling but we need proper grinders, hungry and end-goal oriented. In my opinion he doesn't fill the bill and likely never will.
Can see him being a big hit in Spain, sadly.

Classical Mechanic

I think he'll be massive hit for them in the Spanish league. He is probably the best midfield player they can get to match the creativity of Kroos and Modric.
Depends, if they play like they have been this year then Pogba will go down with the ship but if they are firing he’ll look great. My meaning is that he isn’t a player to carry or inspire a team.

Patrick08

You can't do anything without the ball, you don't press or hold the play you dont win the ball. Modern football will always make pogba look absolutely mediocre.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
You're still not making much sense here.

On the other hand, you're hardly expected to either.

The entire team collapsed at 2-0, singling out individual players after that is mental.
See, you're making the same mistake all the rest of the UT players are here...

I'm not bashing him on tonight alone, I'm bashing him over the last 3 years.

If you can't see he's been nothing but mediocre and underwhelming since he came back, it's not me who lacks understanding of football

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I dont understand the hate he gets. Hes a scapegoat and Its sad
People scapegoat him because they can't take it that he can't wait to leave this sinking ship. As if they expect him to just accept our mediocrity.

They also despise the fact that they know, that as much as they give him stick, he will tear it up for Madrid.

Whilst we'll still be going nowhere for the foreseeable future.

fd212

Supports
Liverpool
I don't think he is cut for Man Utd. He seems too passive and lazy at times. I just don't see that 3rd gear in him. Maybe he's better off in another foreign league. He looks too arrogant sometimes. It won't be the worst move you make if you sell him to be honest.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I feel like we won’t see the best of Pogba until we change our entire attack, which may be never
Nah. Need to change the midfield and defense around him. Give him a solid base to build off of so he can help in dominating games on the ball and then provide his creative qualities more consistently. Put him in that Barca side where they have 60-70% of the ball, always in the opposition half, always with a solid structure around that will dominate the game and give the opposition limited opportunities but give you, on the ball, loads of opportunities. We fix the defence and midfield, the attack will automatically improve. We buy a world class attacking player and while we'll be better at breaking down smaller teams, we will still suck at dominating games and the chances our attackers will get on the ball will be fewer, and the positions they will get the ball in will be worse.

ErranMorad

Depends, if they play like they have been this year then Pogba will go down with the ship but if they are firing he’ll look great. My meaning is that he isn’t a player to carry or inspire a team.
I won't disagree. However, I am pretty sure that Madrid is going to spend a fair chunk this summer to upgrade their team. They are going to add top class players in all areas of the pitch.

PoTMS

Not arsed today and quite frankly neither am I. Sell him for £200m and use the money to revamp the gaping holes in our squad.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I don't mean to bash Pogba as I certainly rate him as a squad-player at the absolute worst. But what are you getting at here? What position do you think he is supposed to have and what does he have to do to have value to the team?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Not arsed today and quite frankly neither am I. Sell him for £200m and use the money to revamp the gaping holes in our squad.
Like the £80 million we got for Ronaldo was reinvested back into the team?

If he's sold, That £200m is going in the Glazers pockets.

We are supposed to be a top club. We have record revenues.

Like hell do we need to sell our best players. He is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.