Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loublaze

ATLien
I can’t make out what they’re saying but like I said earlier I’d hope they’re telling him to fix up rather than just shouting you’re a cnut or something. He looked like he apologised for some reason.
They were screaming 'sell him', 'feck you', 'feck off'. His response was tame. Cantona would've kicked the shit out of someone

Silas

Pogba hasn't scored a free-kick in the PL for United despite 16 attempts, according to understat. I don't recall if he has scored a free-kick in another competition for us. He scored one for Juventus in his final season for them in Serie A but not in the season before that, again according to understat. They only have data for the last 5 seasons. https://understat.com/player/1740

Solskjaer had put on Valencia for a farewell 17 mins and also given Angel Gomes a rare opportunity, so I'd suggest it probably was time to be nice and let the kids have a go.
Ah, my bad, maybe he hasn't, but he's definitely hit the bar a few times. My point is that we were losing the game. With the chance of Arsenal losing, we had to go for it until the end for 5th place. What's the point in being nice in this situation?

Canagel

Imagine playing for such a supporters. 3 times they had abused the best player of the team. Clueless.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Seems he is the scapegoat of this team

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Am I the only who rememberd that Jose did drop Pogba and played that dream midfield of Matic-McTominay-Fellaini.

And our results were still awful. People want a scapegoat and the guy with the price tag and flashy personality is the easiest target.

The guy was our top scorer and top assist maker and even made it to PFA team of the year. Someone like Matic was woeful this season. Gets nowhere near the hate.

I do hope he leaves. This is getting toxic for everyone. That's a brand new midfield we will need to get.

Foxbatt

Individually he is a brilliant player. But as a team player he is really had. He plays for himself and not for the team all the time.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I take back wholeheartedly what I said about this particular exchange earlier after seeing that. What a fecking idiot that fella is.

Point still stands about Pogba’s attitude though.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I take back wholeheartedly what I said about this particular exchange earlier after seeing that. What a fecking idiot that fella is.

Point still stands about Pogba’s attitude though.
Wow he handled that incredibly well. A real test of character having that level of abuse shouted at you. Why he's the scapegoat for this team I don't know.

DarkChild™

That free-kick at the end, Cardif had 8 players in the wall. Pogba had about 4 unmarked united players in and around the box to aim for but he chose otherwise. Even Gomez couldn't hide the disappointment. Something needs to change if Ole wants to build the team around him. Diabolical performance all round.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Well if he wasn't already, he's definitely off to Madrid after that.

Luckily for him, their fans are renowned for the respect they show towards their players.

kundalini

I wondered who let their man run free at the throw-in for their 2nd goal. Just watched the replay. It was Pogba. McTominay and his man both missed the ball, so the key player was the player Pogba was supposedly marking, who went on to provide the assist.

Not really a surprise.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Jesus, people still sticking up for him. If it was De Bruyne or Modric playing like that for their teams they'll be getting slaughtered.

roykeane19

For a midfileder his goals and assist number is insane, but look at all the abuse he gets, he`s our best player, theres 11 other players on the team you can pick who are way worse than him.
Hes being used as a scapegoat by absolute morons, I dont know how some of these fans, if they watch all the matches live, surely you can tell hes our best player, instead the idiots are trying to hound him out, because the media blames him.
Then again thats the problem with our average supporter unable to form their own opinions, most are formed from wha they see in the media

Loublaze

ATLien
Jesus, people still sticking up for him. If it was De Bruyne or Modric playing like that for their teams they'll be getting slaughtered.
Yes, lets all march to his mansion with torches and pitchforks and hurl abuse at him

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
This is just knee-jerking. Pogba isn’t getting the most stick at all, especially for being shit which is what this tweet is implying. Most don’t want Young, Jones, Matic to bloody feature ever again.

The reason that Pogba is getting a lot of attention is because we fecking know how talented he is. He’s an incredible footballer - but he’s not been incredible for us yet. He could be. And that’s the issue.

Sea-Cow

Someday one of his 25 yard back-heel flicked through-ball is going to work and boy will my face be red.

Sea-Cow

Biggest clowns in football if we let him leave
In fact, lets double his wages to make sure he stays. What would we do without his heroic effort?

I mean, remember those five minutes against City? That was tight

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
For a midfileder his goals and assist number is insane, but look at all the abuse he gets, he`s our best player, theres 11 other players on the team you can pick who are way worse than him.
Hes being used as a scapegoat by absolute morons, I dont know how some of these fans, if they watch all the matches live, surely you can tell hes our best player, instead the idiots are trying to hound him out, because the media blames him.
Then again thats the problem with our average supporter unable to form their own opinions, most are formed from wha they see in the media
Fair play, ole has only been here 5 minutes and gets to pick 12 players!

Khalifa711

This is just knee-jerking. Pogba isn’t getting the most stick at all, especially for being shit which is what this tweet is implying. Most don’t want Young, Jones, Matic to bloody feature ever again.

The reason that Pogba is getting a lot of attention is because we fecking know how talented he is. He’s an incredible footballer - but he’s not been incredible for us yet. He could be. And that’s the issue.
Being incredible requires other top tier players around you. I'd hardly say Scott, lingard are or rashford and Andreas are potentially there. If we are expecting Ronaldo or Messi level from Pogba then we're deluded, they are one in a generation players. Pogba isn't one of them but he could be the next xavi, iniesta, modric, Alonso, but then again those midfielders had world class talent playing in front of them, Pogba doesn't, to expect him to make miracle every time hes on the pitch is ridiculous. He will be better of at Real Madrid where he will be around players at his level. We are too far away

K13

Being incredible requires other top tier players around you. I'd hardly say Scott, lingard are or rashford and Andreas are potentially there. If we are expecting Ronaldo or Messi level from Pogba then we're deluded, they are one in a generation players. Pogba isn't one of them but he could be the next xavi, iniesta, modric, Alonso, but then again those midfielders had world class talent playing in front of them, Pogba doesn't, to expect him to make miracle every time hes on the pitch is ridiculous. He will be better of at Real Madrid where he will be around players at his level. We are too far away
His agent is banned for 3 months so do we really want to be waiting until he is free to operate again? That leaves us very little room to find a replacement. Ideally these type of transfers are done as early as possible. He is a key man for us so we need to ensure we can replace him if he wants to go.

Personally I hope he does not go. He may not have been firing on all cylinders - but there again who has - but he still made it into the team of the year, which is chosen by fellow professionals. I would say they probably have a slightly better idea of how he is performing because they have played against him and perhaps see things differently.

I thought Pogba handled himself very well in the above video. I feel a bit sorry for the supporter - maybe a heat of the moment thing and now it is on the internet for ever.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
His problem is that he's a legend in his own mind.

Pogba thinks he's just fecking great at football. To be fair, he's pretty fecking good but his mindset is such that he will never apply himself. As a result he will never fulfil his potential.

doriandun

His problem is that he's a legend in his own mind.

Pogba thinks he's just fecking great at football. To be fair, he's pretty fecking good but his mindset is such that he will never apply himself. As a result he will never fulfil his potential.
Pogba is at his best when he has players making runs behind between the lines, because his biggest asset is his long balls and thats why France benifited so much.

For Pogba to be successsfull he has to play in a low block, like he did for France, to maximize his long range passing, playing it simple, something that Mourinho tried to get him to do at the same time develop his positional sense, and also get Martial, Lukaku and Rashford to make those runs.

Deschamps quote "Paul Pogba can do everything but he cannot do everything all alone,"

Yes Pogba is able to make runs himself and score goals, but if he does, you're losing the best part of him, which is his long balls quality. That's why Deschamps made him play so low on the field and got so much from him.

You just have to provide him targets for his long balls, and he will shine. he actually reminds me of Xabi Alonso with his passing, who was no speed merchant or a player with high work rate, but was able to develop his positional side of the game, to allow him to make interceptions and continue to recycle the ball, helping his team to benefit from his strengths, remember Xabi came from Real Sociedad to Liverpool and the time he spent playing in the premier league benifited him so much, that Real Madrid, Bayern and Spain, were all able to take advantage of his development in his game.

Mourinho said something along the lines of 'he cant play like this for a full season' when commenting on Pogbas world cup performances and hes right, Pogba won't sacrifice himself for the team, if he did or does, things would be alot more different.

Conor

People just want to see 100% effort, especially when things aren't going our way. How many times through the years have you seen shit players elevated to cult status just because of the effort they put into every game. Pogba has all the talent in the world, but clearly doesn't give 100% every time he steps on the pitch. This is what winds people up when watching him, and causes people to blame him(disproportionately) for things, when in reality he is our best player. If he had the right attitude on the pitch, every time he stepped on the pitch, nobody would ever say a word about him.

Holocene

Well if we are selling him, hopefully Real Madrid don't see this before we start negotiating the fee:

Boggles my mind that someone would spend the time to make a fail video like that. A fail compilation can be made of any player. It's ridiculous.

izzydiggler

Man, we are going to close our eyes when he joins Real Madrid and starts dominating La Liga. You guys have no idea what we will miss when he goes. No clue.
We know exactly what we'll miss - largely mediocre performances with the odd great performance thrown in when he can be arsed.

If he goes on to dominate La Liga, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't be getting the same performances from him.

Macca7

Man, we are going to close our eyes when he joins Real Madrid and starts dominating La Liga. You guys have no idea what we will miss when he goes. No clue.
I certainly won't miss him dawdling on the ball in our own half, being disposessed and then failing to make a decent effort to rectify his mistake. Or trying stupid flicks that never come off...

Sterling Archer

Wow he handled that incredibly well. A real test of character having that level of abuse shouted at you. Why he's the scapegoat for this team I don't know.
You have to be kidding. He's getting less criticism than Rooney did for wanting to leave, when he was the heart of the team, performing and winning things still.

The open flirting with Zidane alone ought to be enough considering the feck all he as done for 3/4 of the season.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Imagine playing for such a supporters. 3 times they had abused the best player of the team. Clueless.
These fans are an embarrassment, and I hope they don't represent the actual United fans, who would be a relegation team without Pogba. For his sake, I hope he gets out of this sinking ship. Let them rebuild using his transfer fee. I can’t see this club getting back to the top anytime soon and Pogba is too good to waste his best years here.

Infra-red

These fans are an embarrassment, and I hope they don't represent the actual United fans, who would be a relegation team without Pogba. For his sake, I hope he gets out of this sinking ship. Let them rebuild using his transfer fee. I can’t see this club getting back to the top anytime soon and Pogba is too good to waste his best years here.
:lol: OK Mino.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The fans pay his ridiculous wages and are entitled to expect more from him. His signing is one of many key moments in our journey to sixth (and beyond). Good luck to the club that signs him, they’re going to need it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The fans pay his ridiculous wages and are entitled to expect more from him. His signing is one of many key moments in our journey to sixth (and beyond). Good luck to the club that signs him, they’re going to need it.
The fans are clueless though, because they think Pogba is the one that should be the target of their anger and frustration. You’re venting at a CM who is your highest scorer and highest chance creator/assists in a team almost completely devoid of creativity. The way the press has portrayed him since he’s come to England has been nothing short of embarrassing but all too predictable as well.

Whoever signs him next won’t need any luck, just a big sum of money, and they’d be getting a professional player, capable of strengthening any midfield. I guarantee he will improve whatever team he goes to next, while United will struggle to find another player to put out the numbers he did with such a terrible team.

Like you said, his signing is one of many key moments, moments that include signing Sanchez, moments like not reinforcing or just making mistakes in attempting to shore up the defense so you still see Ashley Young and Jones starting, if anything Pogba is the ONLY key moment that has brought some positive impact to this club. It’s simply not enough to get this club anywhere and if you think Pogba should be the answer to all your problems and because he’s not he deserves to be abused, then that’s just idiotic thinking and shows a complete lack of understanding on how football works from the fans at the stadium or in here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Is it 1973? How far do you think a fan's £40 a game, or say £700 a season gets into 250-300k a week mate?

I'm not sure if you've noticed but gates make up a miniscule amount of a club's money these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.