Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Get young talent

I hope we keep him and he dominates the league next season. It's so frustrating because you know he has it in him.
Keep him at all cost, change the formation to 4-2-3-1, problem solved.

Buy young talent or top draw at the right age.

That mean no to bale, icardi, maguire or meunier, fernandes, griezmann

That mean yes to awb, sancho, ndombele, reece james, de ligt, maignan, ousmane dembele, dybala, rabiot, partey

Just fork at the money and get the quality, enought with some past it old dog, overpaid.

Atleast, try as hard as we can for them.

If we can't keep him away from real then swap him with varane or get full cash.

End of story

GM K

Pogba was too much in the news for non footballing reasons, he went to war with his manager, he flirted with Madrid he was inconsistent in games. Those were my issues with him not talent or stats.

If he fixes those and is genuinely keen on staying, you don't want to sell a player like that. But if those don't look like changing, you shouldn't keep a player like that. It's that simple, really.

Bestietom

Pogba was too much in the news for non footballing reasons, he went to war with his manager, he flirted with Madrid he was inconsistent in games. Those were my issues with him not talent or stats.

If he fixes those and is genuinely keen on staying, you don't want to sell a player like that. But if those don't look like changing, you shouldn't keep a player like that. It's that simple, really.
I agree. We cannot allow player power to take over this great club. Fergie always said that when a player thinks he is bigger than the manger or club, it is time to move them on or get out yourself.

doriandun

Exactly

I'm french so i still don't understand what United is doing with pogba.

Most of the time he played as a 8 on the left of a 3 mens midfield with the point down.

But french people know that he can't play as a 8, because they tried many time on the left and on the right, and every time it was bad or not anything special, so why United is tring to force thing this way ?

Do people realise that playing pogba as a 8 as almost cost pogba his place in the starting 11 of the french national team ?

Listen, pogba is an excellent yet very weird player, because he is athletic (tall, fast and strong) and play well as a 10 or as a 6 but can't play as a 8 despite having all the abilities on paper to do it.

When United people (fans and coaching staff) realise that and adjust the formation (4-2-3-1) to his strengh we will see the good pogba.

Pogba can't play as a 8 because he can't switch his mindset fast enought to keep up with the play and also because he has bad speed endurance.

To explain it more simply, as a 8 when an attack break down he need time to realise that he should track back and when he defend he also need time to realise that he should move / change position to provide a passing option for his teamates.

Play him like the french national team do, as a 6 alongside another one and a 10 in front of him, then you will see him contain the opposition well (outmuscule player, tackle, retain the ball, spraying precise long pass to the wing and put some long range shot here and there)

Or

Play him like Juventus do, as a 10 in front of two 6 behind him, then you will see him dominate opposition well (nice dangerous key pass, strong shot on goal and aerial threat)

I personnaly like him most as a 6, because he provide more control to the game this way.

If we don't sign anyone I would like to see him with Fred as a 6 with Lingard as a 10, Martial and Alexis on the wings and Rash or Lukaku as a 9.

That will be way better than the joke we have all seen this year
What your saying was what Mourinho done at the begining of the 2017/2018 season [4231 as how he is deployed for France] until pOgba got injured, Pogba came back from injury in December and started to play up, as the English press was banding on about playing him in a three, hence the teams form dropped in December, with all those draws, if i remember correctly Leicester was one of those matches as was Southampton.

In the middle of January, Jose change the formation and played him in a three against Everton, where he played well, not great but well, the next set of matches, his form dropped again.

Conte played Pogba on the left of a midfield three, in is favoured 352 formation, not as a 10, even when Conte tried out 433, Pogba was deployed as a mezzala; an Italian term that means false winger and a midfielder who drifts out to the flanks, and Alelgri done the same.

The reason why Pogba shine for France on occassions in the 4231 is because Kante can cover a lot of grass, and France don't play at a high tempo.

The truth is Pogba will shine in any league where the tempo of the game is slow, as he has more time on his side to make the pass, he is not quick enough in the head, to process, his next pass and lacks spatial awareness of his surroundings, hence he gets caught on the ball alot in the premier league.

As for playing as 10, he lacks the dynasim, and quickness of thought, he will put the team under pressure and create alot of counters attacks in favour of the opposition.

Playing him as a 6 is the best position for him to suit his skillset, but Pogba does not want to play that role, and Kante is not a normal player in that postion as he can do the work of two players, so effectively you need kante alongisde him or need two players sitting behind him for him to excel and operate in the premier league and playing him as your attacking midfield centre in the 4231 as you have mentioned above.

Last edited:

Get young talent

What your saying was what Mourinho done at the begining of the 2017/2018 season [4231 as how he is deployed for France] until pOgba got injured, Pogba came back from injury in December and started to play up, as the English press was banding on about playing him in a three, hence the teams form dropped in December, with all those draws, if i remember correctly Leicester was one of those matches as was Southampton.

In the middle of January, Jose change the formation and played him in a three against Everton, where he played well, not great but well, the next set of matches, his form dropped again.

Conte played Pogba on the left of a midfield three, in is favoured 352 formation, not as a 10, even when Conte tried out 433, Pogba was deployed as a mezzala; an Italian term that means false winger and a midfielder who drifts out to the flanks, and Alelgri done the same.

The reason why Pogba shine for France on occassions in the 4231 is because Kante can cover a lot of grass, and France don't play at a high tempo.

The truth is Pogba will shine in any league where the tempo of the game is slow, as he has more time on his side to make the pass, he is not quick enough in the head, to process, his next pass and lacks spatial awareness of his surroundings, hence he gets caught on the ball alot in the premier league.

As for playing as 10, he lacks the dynasim, and quickness of thought, he will put the team under pressure and create alot of counters attacks in favour of the opposition.

Playing him as a 6 is the best position for him to suit his skillset, but Pogba does not want to play that role, and Kante is not a normal player in that postion as he can do the work of two players, so effectively you need kante alongisde him or need two players sitting behind him for him to excel and operate in the premier league and playing him as your attacking midfield centre in the 4231 as you have mentioned above.
We agree on the most essential part (Pogba must play as a 6 in a 4-2-3-1 formation).

If we don't play this particular formation and want to keep the 4-3-3 formation, than play him as a 6 or not play him at all.

I agree with you, he is slow on the transition, he has bad position awarness and he like to waste time on the ball to look good with useless motionless showboating.

But Pogba is not the only problem.

If we want him to play well, we need a good 10 in front of him and an energy beast next to him.

Get Ndombele, Partey or Rabiot next to him, Dybala in front of him and a proper right winger (Sancho or Ousmane Dembele).

If he keep pushing for Real, swap him for Varane or get full cash, we don't want and don't need any of there deadwood (no Bale, no Modric, no Isco, no Ramos, no Kroos, no Benzema, no Marcelo, no no no).

We want young talent or world class under 26 yo.

No more paste it, overpaid, see Falcao, Bastian, Sanchez.

No unproven 25 yo or more, for big money, see Fernandes.

Last edited:

GM K

I agree. We cannot allow player power to take over this great club. Fergie always said that when a player thinks he is bigger than the manger or club, it is time to move them on or get out yourself.
As usual, the big man was bang on point.

Canagel

And he's gone now. We're not special club that's different from the others. The only important is how good you are (players and mangers).

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Actually the important part was that the haircut was in place for the France game. That he'd coloured his hair blue for France. Gary Neville conveniently left that out as did sky. Agenda.

Celoti23-81

Listened to the podcast. Sell Pogba and we are done as champions league qualification contenders!

haram

Actually the important part was that the haircut was in place for the France game. That he'd coloured his hair blue for France. Gary Neville conveniently left that out as did sky. Agenda.
It was mentioned at the time, maybe not by Neville I guess.

parkthebuslads

It would be so refreshing if just once, a United player took criticism on the chin and just got in with it. Of course he's judged differently, he's a former world record transfer with incredible ability. That dosn't change the fact he can do better.

RedDevilUnited369

It would be so refreshing if just once, a United player took criticism on the chin and just got in with it. Of course he's judged differently, he's a former world record transfer with incredible ability. That dosn't change the fact he can do better.

If you listen to the whole podcast he does take it on the chin. He is also allowed to offer up some defence of himself too.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
It was mentioned at the time, maybe not by Neville I guess.
Where was it mentioned ? Because watching the build up on Sky you'd believe that Pep had his little say on the Friday and then Pogba decided To nip out and get his hair dyed blue for the game the next day.

It's not fair at all that they influenced the opinion of the masses that way, especially Neville since he should have some regard for the club that goes beyond his own personal dislike of an individual.

It really would not have been difficult to know Pogba had that hair cut two weeks earlier, to the extent that I'd be shocked if Neville didn't know, yet still implied.

Walters_19_MuFc

I cannot believe the media, along with some of the fans, are trying to force Pogba out of United. Phenomenal player who's crying out for similar quality around him.

haram

Where was it mentioned ? Because watching the build up on Sky you'd believe that Pep had his little say on the Friday and then Pogba decided To nip out and get his hair dyed blue for the game the next day.

It's not fair at all that they influenced the opinion of the masses that way, especially Neville since he should have some regard for the club that goes beyond his own personal dislike of an individual.

It really would not have been difficult to know Pogba had that hair cut two weeks earlier, to the extent that I'd be shocked if Neville didn't know, yet still implied.
Well I cant remember exactly but it was said at the time. I did think he would change it for the game but he didn’t. No big deal though.

SER19

I'm so torn on pogba.

Obviously he has immense talent and part of me wants to see him for a full season under a united manager that plays to his strengths. Should we sign good players and change our style pogba may well be part of a big season.

On the other hand solskjaer has a 3 year rebuild on his hands. If Pogba will want to leave next summer anyway then cash in and implement the replacements earlier.

Patrick08

I cannot believe the media, along with some of the fans, are trying to force Pogba out of United. Phenomenal player who's crying out for similar quality around him.
Well, not this season but fans know he will run his contract down with us from next season and he is flirting with madrid. He wanted united to hire zidane as he wants to play with him coupled with his performances in the race for top 4 bar 10 games fans get a impression that he doesn't give a tosh about us, and just wants stardom with being the most star player in the team like those 10 games showed when we were looking for managers and zidane was included in the outside list and collect pay checks and keep his marketing brand going on the back of the clubs platform. He doesn't work hard for the team as a whole.

Yes, we need right players alongside him and probably (fingers crossed ) we so get them and have the vision to get the best out of him, though fans can see he is a candidate who will run his contract down and force our hand in the near future soon and the toxicity is a direct result of these cumulative effect his behaviour has on and off the pitch.

Of course he has a right to be frustrated when we lack ambition and vision in the transfer market to speed up that process of rebuilding again due to poor business in past windows but it won't come as a shock for most fans that even if we do that he is going the same de gea route with his contract situation soon ( if proved other wise). People don't like a none committed player in that sense on and off the pitch regardless of how good he thinks he is or how good actually he is.

Andersonson

That mean yes to awb, sancho, ndombele, reece james, de ligt, maignan, ousmane dembele, dybala, rabiot, partey

Just fork at the money and get the quality, enought with some past it old dog, overpaid.

End of story
You wouldnt sign Maguire and Icardi because of their high age? They are 26.... Same as Varane by the way. And you want Dembele? Who has been so mediocre for Barcelona

If we could get quality players at the age of 26 I would be over the moon....

I really dont see your reasoning. At all.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Zindane has ‘won’ his battle with Florentino Perez to sign Pogba. Feck off you fecking Cnut. Pay us £150m and you can have him. Sick and tired of reading this rubbish. Who do they think they are? I would demand Varane and Isco for Pogba. Anything else and find another player for that role.

hubbuh

End of story
The age difference between young talent Dybala and old dog Maguire is four months!

Get young talent

You wouldnt sign Maguire and Icardi because of their high age? They are 26.... Same as Varane by the way. And you want Dembele? Who has been so mediocre for Barcelona

If we could get quality players at the age of 26 I would be over the moon....

I really dont see your reasoning. At all.
I will not sign Maguire because of the stupidly high fee.
He is a good player, not a world class one, like Varane.
The huge difference i see between the two, is one his hell fast and the over his slow.
If we can't get De Light or Koulibaly, i'm ok for Dias at 60 M €, not Maguire for more than 70 M £.

I don't want Icardi because i like Rashford and i'm ok with Haller as a backup.
Icardi has never played at the same level of Aguero or Tevez, because he is not world class, just very good.
And he is more known for his off the field antic than his on field performance.

Yes i want Dembele, because he is crazy talented and his very young.
I will never forget CR7 debut for United was hit and miss, but the talent was there and i see the similarity with Dembele.
Only the futur, can tell what level he will reach, just like Mbappe and Sancho.
What you call a mediocre saison for him his something way better than Lingard, Mata or Sanchez saison, at a lot younger age.
I'm ok this that.

But back to the subject, please, please, please, get atleast one of following player as fast as possible :

Ndombele

Partey

Rabiot

If Pogba stay he will be way better next to one of them and if he leave we will need 2 of them.

Please stop wasting time on Maguire, Fernandes and AWB and get the midfield sorted before it is to late.

Nb:

Real is already talking to Ndombele in case we don't sell Pogba, get him before them at all cost.

Partey has a release clause, pay it now and get him.

Rabiot his free, so he will be the most difficult to get, because he will probably wait until the last minute, to get a CL club opportunity.

Last edited:

Get young talent

The age difference between young talent Dybala and old dog Maguire is four months!
No

Dybala is not young talent, he is top draw at the right age.

If you don't like him, than go for Maddison.

I'm not a fan of Fernandes with his big fee, Fekir is Liverpool bound, Griezman is old and only want Barca.

I can't see any over 10 or 9 and a half good enought, please tell me.

Andersonson

No

Dybala is not young talent, he is top draw at the right age.

If you don't like him, than go for Maddison.

I'm not a fan of Fernandes with his big fee, Fekir is Liverpool bound, Griezman is old and only want Barca.

I can't see any over 10 or 9 and a half good enought, please tell me.

Griezmann just turned 28. How is that old? What is an old footballer in Your mind? Just curious.

And do you base Your opinion from FM and Fifa by any chance?

Get young talent

Griezmann just turned 28. How is that old? What is an old footballer in Your mind? Just curious.

And do you base Your opinion from FM and Fifa by any chance?
Can't you understand the importance of resale value in this very particular time ?

United is not a great team chassing the final piece to win the CL.

We are bad, unbalanced and full of dead wood and old dog.

The project to get back to the top need time, atleast 2 years before we challenge for the PL.

In 2 years , Griezman will be 30 yo, starting to decline with no resale value at all.

So yes, 28 is to old, for a team in a huge rebuild phase.

We should only take players under 27, to be able to use them for 4 years atleast before they start declining.

This is not rocket science, FM or Fifa at all, just sensible plan to get back to the top while paying attention to the budget and the futur of the club.

Getting Griezman for 100 M €, is cutting a huge part of the transfert budget, that will not allow us to fix all the positions we need to fix this window, just to enjoy 2 or 3 years before realising that we already need a replacement.

I do not want, go for Maddisson instead for 60 M £, his value will be 80 M £ in 4 years or go for Dybala + cash, if Pogba push for his exit, that is 2 extra years of good football before he start to decline compare to Griezman, you can also sell Dybala, 2 years later, when he will be 28 and still make money off it.

Last edited:

Andersonson

Can't you understand the importance of resale value in this very particular time ?

United is not a great team chassing the final piece to win the CL.

We are bad, unbalanced and full of dead wood and old dog.

The project to get back to the top need time, atleast 2 years before we challenge for the PL.

In 2 years , Griezman will be 30 yo, starting to decline with no resale value at all.

So yes, 28 is to old, for a team in a huge rebuild phase.

We should only take players under 27, to be able to use them for 4 years atleast before they start declining.

This is not rocket science, FM or Fifa at all, just sensible plan to get back to the top while paying attention to the budget and the futur of the club.

Getting Griezman for 100 M €, is cutting a huge part of the transfert budget, that will not allow us to fix all the positions we need to fix this window, just to enjoy 2 or 3 years before realising that we already need a replacement.

I do not want, go for Maddisson instead for 60 M £, his value will be 80 M £ in 4 years or go for Dybala + cash, if Pogba push for his exit, that is 2 extra years of good football before he start to decline compare to Griezman, you can also sell Dybala, 2 years later, when he will be 28 and still make money off it.

We're not a selling club though. Money aint an issue. If we could get world class players, be it world class for three seaons, we should be all over it. Along with young talents. Ronaldo wouldnt have gotten so good at our club if he hadnt been playing with world class players at the club. As long as they are under 30 and motivated, we should be all over it.

Motivated players who want United back at the top. I do not want players motivated by money.

When Zlatan came, he was old, but he was a leader who demanded and commanded other players. Thats what we need the most. Winners.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

UncleBob

Calm down.

They are setting everything in motion to feck off next summer.

We're not letting him go this summer, and they are well aware of that

Keefy18

I can honestly see a scenario where we end up 9th or 10th next season.
As one comment just put it, our midfield will be like Liverpools with Shelvey and Spearing in August! If you don't laugh you'd cry! :confused:

I'd be more interested in building a midfield with actual chemistry and on the same page.

As good as he is he's an individual. So I don't think it would be important to replace his quality directly but more important to improve the midfield as a unit.
It is entirely possible that we could build a midfield with chemistry with Pogba included :lol:

Problem is, how confident are you that we will create this midfield you suggest this summer? If its not addressed by August we start the season a weaker side than last without him.

These statements put him out there door now and we've lost Herrera so currently our midfield trio is likely to be

Matic
Fred McTominay

Status
Not open for further replies.