Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

gr3yham3

He's no different for France than United, despite what ABU Keown says. The only real differences are that: 1) he has Mbappe to pass to, and 2) there have been fewer games where he's been up against teams sitting deep, parking the bus, leaving no space in behind for runs.
Agreed. Can we hope PSG run into FFP problems and we get Mbappe from them?? :wenger:

Hephaestus

He's no different for France than United, despite what ABU Keown says. The only real differences are that: 1) he has Mbappe to pass to, and 2) there have been fewer games where he's been up against teams sitting deep, parking the bus, leaving no space in behind for runs.
Spot on. Honestly I'd be making sure all our attackers watch this and understand that constantly putting pressure on the defenders will pay off when you have Pogba in the side.

ChaddyP

I think we've seen he plays better next to a DM who is content to just sit in midfield rather than someone who always wants to be on the ball and go up and down the pitch like Matic.
Him and France have looked better with N'zonzi on the pitch. Kante was getting pummelled. So that theory has holes

IrishRedDevil

Pure class :devil:

Despite what the media say, he had a very good season with United also. 6 goals and 11 assists I think? And he was out injured for periods.

Litch

Spot on....

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Pogba has had an excellent tournament. One of the few players in contention for the Golden Ball.

arthurka

I think it's fair to say that Mourinho hasn't got a clue how to get the best out of him. He has been immense for France .

Nero

Yeah the ridiculous narrative that this is a Pogba we've not seen at United needs to stop.

There's nothing he's done in this WC that he hasn't done or bettered in a United shirt.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Pogba has had an excellent tournament. One of the few players in contention for the Golden Ball.
Totally agree.

He’s been really professional and exemplary with his defensive work, positioning and experience too. He’s the one orchestrating this defensive block, shouting at Mbappe to get back into positions, pressing at times and dropping deep to cover at others. He’s also been making brilliant clearances and interceptions that have gone completely unpraised by the press - some key ones in the first half here too. Even more impressive as N’Golo Kante suffered one of the worst games of his career alongside him.

Away from the great through balls, assists, goals and headline actions, it’s that work that stands out most too.

Couldn’t play in a midfield 2 they said... On the cusp of winning the World Cup while doing it and bossing it.

Ekeke

Him and France have looked better with N'zonzi on the pitch. Kante was getting pummelled. So that theory has holes
Not at all.

Kante has sat, regardless of his performance. Matic would be taking the ball off the CBs and trying to pass up to the front players like Pogba. Pogba has also sat but picked his moments to get forward and looks far more free to do so knowing theres players behind him.

steffyr2

Pogba has been great. Doesn't look quite as dominant against other great players, but still is succeeding.
I expect his defensive presence is due to working with Mourinho.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I genuinely didn't know who hit it forward when I posted before so it wasn't honestly a dig at Pogba.

If you check back other posts I think Pogba's had a pretty good tournament on the whole. Was defending him in the Australia game at the start when he was getting stick and think his overall level has been strong throughout tournament.

He needs to fine that level for his club next season instead of the wildly fluctuating performances he's had in last two seasons.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I’m glad he’s produced this with Kante off the pitch. Kante has been credited not only for his own performance but also Pogbas.

He’s been France’s best player this WC.

vodrake

What a tournament he's having and what a player!

It amazes me that one of our players is having an amazing game and about to win the world cup, and some people's only thought is "right, how can I crowbar this into a moan about something to do with the club"

Robbie Boy

There’s some on here that seem to hate him. As soon as he has a poor game they come out with their rubbish. As teeny bopper Love Island watching girls would say “haters gona hate”.

pacifictheme

Pogba has been great. Doesn't look quite as dominant against other great players, but still is succeeding.
He is up against modric and rakitic today. How good does a midfield need to be?!

Greck

I'd day it's due to Deschamps. He hasn't turned these kind of defensively diligent performances for us. Actually getting him to stop playing like a kid

Fer

He was the best in a midfield of 2 next to Kante.

But I guess he will play as the creative mid for us in a 433.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I'd day it's due to Deschamps. He hasn't turned these kind of defensively diligent performances for us. Actually getting him to stop playing like a kid
Against Chelsea at home 16/17, and Ajax in the EL final come to mind immediately as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.