6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan92

Yes, always new rules and excuses for Pogba.
Not for me.
(BTW: Pogba played most of his games at United for one of the best managers of all time, in a team that came 2nd in league, so cant have been that bad)
Haha seriously? Your gonna compare playing with genuine world class players in every position and the best manager of all time to a past it mourinho and zero world class team mates?

Nick7

Thought he looked a little leggy but a good run out for him. Was doing well in the centre.

Utdstar01

Was a good game for him to come on in and not have to exert himself too much. Good to get some minutes into his legs.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He makes football so easy, passes with both feet and his passing is very crisp.

Good that he had complete half.

RedIan

Oozed quality again today, we look a far better team with him in it. He seems to raise confidence in the team when they see him playing

He'sRaldo

So dangerous even as rusty as he was. Could easily have had a goal and assist in one half.
Oozed quality again today, we look a far better team with him in it. He seems to raise confidence in the team when they see him playing
Agreed, although at least the "give it to Pogba" thing wasn't as much as usual today. Maybe his absence has indeed been a blessing in disguise for the team.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I have yet to see one single person come and admit they were wrong about Pogba "never playing for us again". That's the problem, people will just say complete nonsense, and vanish when proven wrong, while awaiting his next poor game.

At least have the decency to come on here and admit you were wrong after defaming his character for months, when he was unfortunate enough to be injured.
I honestly thought he'd played his last game for us, now I'm thinking in an odd way his injury could be a good thing for us, he could be raring to go and right in his stride for the business end of the season with energy to spare.

He'sRaldo

I honestly thought he'd played his last game for us, now I'm thinking in an odd way his injury could be a good thing for us, he could be raring to go and right in his stride for the business end of the season with energy to spare.
Cheers to you man, and I agree, other players have been recognized as leaders in the buildup aside from Pogba, so his absence definitely helps us in that regard as well.

Pogba right now is capable of being both a cog and a difference-maker, it will be interesting to see which one Ole emphasizes over the coming weeks.

Crashoutcassius

Mcsauce is gone so back into the double pivot in 2 days. Has a huge amount of work to do to make up for mctominay, obviously adds quality in the ball but hope the drop in industry doesn't hurt us more

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He absolutely loves this club & you can see his smiles and energy he has when he plays here.

He isn't going anywhere & raiola told us so. His head might turn occasionally & he may need new contracts - but he was born & bred a red.

HowYouDoin

Whether you love him or hate him, its undeniable he is a world class player.
Overall he hasnt really worked out for us, theres many things I feel he can and should do better but he is world class and it makes such a difference when he plays. The ball just moves so much faster, everyone is more confident passing and especially passing back to him. Everything just clicks so much easier.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Cheers to you man, and I agree, other players have been recognized as leaders in the buildup aside from Pogba, so his absence definitely helps us in that regard as well.

Pogba right now is capable of being both a cog and a difference-maker, it will be interesting to see which one Ole emphasizes over the coming weeks.
I'm not the biggest fan of his, but we are a different side when he's in it.

criticalanalysis

Mcsauce is gone so back into the double pivot in 2 days. Has a huge amount of work to do to make up for mctominay, obviously adds quality in the ball but hope the drop in industry doesn't hurt us more
I'm really worried OGS will decide to play him a two with Fred. Just back from injury in a position where he'd need to make lots of 5-10 yard sprints to defend/cover/receive the ball, all things that's not in his natural game tendency.

If McTominay isn't fit for the next game/s, I'd have Peirera with Fred and Pogba just ahead in a flat three. Please not the other way round because we would be setting him and the team for failure there.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I really like the way he plays when he makes his football simple, the ball moves much better for our team in general then. No pointless extra touches, more of the same please. A fully fit Pogba would have done better from that Mata pass.

RedViv

Loved all the first touch passes he made and in addition was marshaling where to pass and whom to pass during the game .

TrustInOle

Love how Ole is handling him and not rushing him back. Too many times in recent seasons has this happened just for injuries to consist.

Bondi77

Thought he did well today, he kept it simple and kept the ball moving.
He needs game time to get him up to speed so Ole should bring him on gradually and Matic is back now as well so even if Mctom is out for a while we can still start him and Fred so we do not overload Pogba too soon.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s a joy to watch in the attacking third. That’s why we should play him as an attacking midfielder with 2 behind him.
I think a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with Martial a bit deeper in the false 9 role and Pogba as a left midfielder would be better given their respective tendencies. Pogba in the hole with Martial ahead of him will limit one or the other’s effectiveness.

zenith

With Mctominay injured, I hope ole does not put him back in a midfield two. His attacking prowess would be seriously dented if that were to happen.

He's key to our attacking game and with him supplying James, rashford, Martial and greenwood, we would never be short of creating goal scoring opportunities.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with Martial a bit deeper in the false 9 role and Pogba as a left midfielder would be better given their respective tendencies. Pogba in the hole with Martial ahead of him will limit one or the other’s effectiveness.

I want to see the exact same thing but a false 9 playing behind the strikers and a 'false CB' in front of the defenders.

2-1-4-1-2

We are then capable of attacking 235 like City & Liverpool do, whilst defending 532 - all due to the transition of the False Number 9 & a False Centralised Centre Back.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Wouldn't get too excited about him returning just yet. He's eager to impress having been out for so long but he's underperformed so many times in the past I can't see him making a lot of difference, especially if he really wants away. He does add that bit of creation to the midfield but will he put a shift in also? One thing that bothers me is how he never puts his laces through the ball. Every shot is a curling sidefooter which never results in a goal. Always looks like he's afraid to miss. For a player of his supposed talent surely he could give one a rip occasionally. Lower division players can manage it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Good to have him back, he should start vs Burnley.

What i took from yesterday's game was that him playing next to Fred means we don't always give him the ball deep and ask him to create.

Fred can play the ball forward, and Pogba could make off the ball runs to get into good position around or inside the box.

Its a shame we couldn't play McFred behind him as i really wanted to see that for a consistent run of games.

AmanNits04

He is undeniably our most talented player, Mcfred should play behind him and give him the freedom to be creative. Good to have some minutes in this match too. half hour against watford and a half against newcastle. He will definitely start against Burnley, If MCtominay is injured, I hope we don't play Pogba in a midfield two with Fred

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He is undeniably our most talented player, Mcfred should play behind him and give him the freedom to be creative. Good to have some minutes in this match too. half hour against watford and a half against newcastle. He will definitely start against Burnley, If MCtominay is injured, I hope we don't play Pogba in a midfield two with Fred
Don't think there's too much choice. Peirera is useless there and Matic has checked himself out months ago.

KennyBurner

I really like the way he plays when he makes his football simple, the ball moves much better for our team in general then. No pointless extra touches, more of the same please. A fully fit Pogba would have done better from that Mata pass.
Thats the thing though, you can never trust him to keep things simple. Everything is about him in general. It wont take long before he starts "having fun" trying to dribble within our half under pressure or shooting from ridiculous ranges when our strikers are though on goal.

When he eventually matures we will be league contenders.

Canagel

I disagree actually. Obviously he is talented enough to do the simple work effectively but that's not how he made his name. He made his name by getting full freedom to do as he wishes and express his crazy skills upfront close to the strikers. I still believe that we should be buying players in central midfield to run the game because I think it is waste to have him in the build up when there are more suited players for it and because it's against his natural instinct as a footballer.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I disagree actually. Obviously he is talented enough to do the simple work effectively but that's not how he made his name. He made his name by getting full freedom to do as he wishes and express his crazy skills upfront close to the strikers. I still believe that we should be buying players in central midfield to run the game because I think it is waste to have him in the build up when there are more suited players for it and because it's against his natural instinct as a footballer.
He barely got back after a long lay off, I don't expect some much more than what he has shown so far.

Thats the thing though, you can never trust him to keep things simple. Everything is about him in general. It wont take long before he starts "having fun" trying to dribble within our half under pressure or shooting from ridiculous ranges when our strikers are though on goal.

When he eventually matures we will be league contenders.
I am willing to keep an open mind. I don't predict the future (except for obvious stuff like Lingard being shite forever).

Canagel

He barely got back after a long lay off, I don't expect some much more than what he has shown so far.
You said "more of the same" and my point is that we should not expect him to do more of the same because you will only set yourself up to be disappointed when you find that he starts to play in his natural game again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.