View full 2019-20 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Other players also get injured and miss football matches as a result, you are aware right?
You are aware that there are different degrees of injury, and that the medical department's job is to work out if they can still play with it or if it needs treatment? It seems not.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You are aware that there are different degrees of injury, and that the medical department's job is to work out if they can still play with it or if it needs treatment? It seems not.
Of course I am. It seems you, however, have decided that because SOME players can continue to play, that should apply in all other cases. What a ridiculously hypocritical question ffs. Odė.

Of course I am. It seems you, however, have decided that because SOME players can continue to play, that should apply in all other cases. What a ridiculously hypocritical question ffs. Odė.
You seem to not really understand injuries in sport. A torn ankle ligament can be strapped up and played on after a few weeks rest/rehab, but it wont be 100% and may lead to long term damage. It could be permanently fixed with surgery but that would mean no football for 6 months. Guess which one players usually go for? Seems to me like Pogba is going for the latter option.

He'sRaldo

Shame he’s having to post videos of him pre and post op and leaving to prove he’s had an operation
People are laughing at the humour in the videos, but tbh I'm feeling a little bad for him that he has to go to such lengths to prove the conspiracy theories wrong. There's a bit of sadness there for me.

It's blown out of proportion so much it's reached the press and even the player himself. Crazy.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You seem to not really understand injuries in sport. A torn ankle ligament can be strapped up and played on after a few weeks rest/rehab, but it wont be 100% and may lead to long term damage. It could be permanently fixed with surgery but that would mean no football for 6 months. Guess which one players usually go for? Seems to me like Pogba is going for the latter option.
You are aware that he will be unavailable for 3-4 weeks, not your sensational ‘6 months’ which you have invented, despite footballers never really being out for near 6 months with an ankle injury, unless it’s completely broken.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Our fans don’t deserve Pogba. Some of the agendas and abuse he receives is hilarious. Those ‘fans’ should go support a team with no ambition as they lack any themselves.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You seem to be the one not understanding that injury. A sprained ankle can be strapped if it's a grade 1(the most common), an actually grade 2/3(complete or partial tear) will lead to a cast or surgery, your ankle his unstable.

You are aware that he will be unavailable for 3-4 weeks, not your sensational ‘6 months’ which you have invented, despite footballers never really being out for near 6 months with an ankle injury, unless it’s completely broken.
Ding ding ding! Because most of them will not take the surgery required to fully fix an ankle until after their career is over. They will patch it up and keep playing.

You seem to be the one not understanding that injury. A sprained ankle can be strapped if it's a grade 1(the most common), an actually grade 2/3(complete or partial tear) will lead to a cast or surgery, your ankle his unstable.
I know all about it actually. It's the injury that cut short my playing football at any sort of decent level. A grade 2 or 3 tear will see you in a cast for some period of time but surgery is almost always optional. (Speaking generally, none of us know exactly what is wrong with Pogba)

JPRouve

Scout
I know all about it actually. It's the injury that cut short my playing football at any sort of decent level. A grade 2 or 3 tear will see you in a cast for some period of time but surgery is almost always optional. (Speaking generally, none of us know exactly what is wrong with Pogba)
Then why did you make all those posts talking about little injuries, there is something properly wrong in the way you went about it. First you acted as if you knew the grade of his injuries, then you seemingly purposely try to mislead people by pretending that an ankle tear could just be strapped for a few weeks and now you admit that you don't actually just strap it and that it depends on the grade which no one as a clue about.

Surely you see where @Rozay is coming from then?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our fans don’t deserve Pogba. Some of the agendas and abuse he receives is hilarious. Those ‘fans’ should go support a team with no ambition as they lack any themselves.
Said a few months ago, but I reckon it’s largely a defence mechanism thing born out of insecurity at how shit we are. Think there’s an underlying ‘if I were Pogba, I wouldn’t want to be here’, and I think there’s a tone to emotionally detach before what seems like an inevitable departure at some point. The reasons for that departure - people are trying to get in there early with the narrative, ‘never really committed’, ‘hates us’, ‘greedy’ etc. Then comes the desire to discredit him as a footballer. Look for flaws etc, so that inevitable departure can be spun as some sort of positive for the team, ‘we’d be better off’ etc.

A lot of fans probably don’t hate Pogba as much as it seems. At a different time, their attitudes may well be different. There are very few players in our squad with the privilege to be wanted by Real or Juve, and if the main other one at the moment was French/Spanish instead of Mancunian, he may we’ll be treated with more distrust too.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ding ding ding! Because most of them will not take the surgery required to fully fix an ankle until after their career is over. They will patch it up and keep playing.

Ding ding ding! Again, ARE YOU IGNORING THE FACT THAT POGBA’s SURGERY WILL KEEP HIM OUT FOR 3-4 WEEKS, NOT 6 FECKING MONTHS?!!!

Then why did you make all those posts talking about little injuries, there is something properly wrong in the way you went about it. First you acted as if you knew the grade of his injuries, then you seemingly purposely try to mislead people by pretending that an ankle tear could just be strapped for a few weeks and now you admit that you don't actually just strap it and that it depends on the grade which no one as a clue about.

Surely you see where @Rozay is coming from then?
I don't know the extent of his initial injury. Maybe it was one which could have been strapped up, maybe it required surgery. None of us know.
What has been reported this time is that he had an arthroscopy to clear out some bone fragments. That is not something that usually requires immediate surgery and most of the time would be left until summer.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't know the extent of his initial injury. Maybe it was one which could have been strapped up, maybe it required surgery. None of us know.
What has been reported this time is that he had an arthroscopy to clear out some bone fragments. That is not something that usually requires immediate surgery and most of the time would be left until summer.
Again it depends entirely on the symptoms, as I said in this thread I can name you NFL players who missed games this season due to arthroscopy procedures to clean scar tissues, in the middle of the season. What you are suggesting is demonstrably wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Quality rant. :lol:
Like, I just don’t get why he keeps saying that ‘some players play on, others choose surgery and miss 6 months’ over and over, despite this surgery meaning 4 weeks out. People love making shit up on here. What on Earth has a 6 month absence got to do with anything?

DoomSlayer

Like, I just don’t get why he keeps saying that ‘some players play on, others choose surgery and miss 6 months’ over and over, despite this surgery meaning 4 weeks out. People love making shit up on here. What on Earth has a 6 month absence got to do with anything?
I appreciate you as a poster mate, we may disagree at times, but you stick to your guns, fair play.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
FFS, no one should be allowed to make that type of videos. :lol:
Desperate times, desperate measures. With all these toxic and luney fans and media accusing him of faking injuries, I think he felt compelled to post this to prove his injury being real.

It's quite sad that a man has to go as far posting pre and post surgery videos to prove that's he's genuinely injured.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Said a few months ago, but I reckon it’s largely a defence mechanism thing born out of insecurity at how shit we are. Think there’s an underlying ‘if I were Pogba, I wouldn’t want to be here’, and I think there’s a tone to emotionally detach before what seems like an inevitable departure at some point. The reasons for that departure - people are trying to get in there early with the narrative, ‘never really committed’, ‘hates us’, ‘greedy’ etc. Then comes the desire to discredit him as a footballer. Look for flaws etc, so that inevitable departure can be spun as some sort of positive for the team, ‘we’d be better off’ etc.

A lot of fans probably don’t hate Pogba as much as it seems. At a different time, their attitudes may well be different. There are very few players in our squad with the privilege to be wanted by Real or Juve, and if the main other one at the moment was French/Spanish instead of Mancunian, he may we’ll be treated with more distrust too.
When you look at the actual context of what gets thrown at Pogba.......

when playing, he gets tackled and the opposition go on to score. The whole analysis of the game is centred on it. Pundits and ex pros have an opinion, talksport do a phone in.

He loses his man because he’s blocked off at a corner, see above.

He has two or three quiet games, see above....plus any good games are suddenly forgotten.

He’s injured. He’s accused of faking it. Ex pros have an opinion, analysis of any games is centred around it. Talksport do a phone in.

He comes back and has a reaction, scans show scar tissue needs a clean up op. See above.....plus it’s all a fake and he’s pushing his way out of the club.

He posts on Instagram about practicing his religion on New Year’s Eve. It’s called into question by some no mark ex MUTV presenter and Ryan Giggs lays into him.

He’s the only player verbally abusedby his own fans at home on the last game of the season, also at some away games too by individuals.

You know what.....he might want to leave,who could blame him given where we are as a club and the amount of blame he’s been given, but he is injured. He has been injured and he isn’t faking it. Players make mistakes on the football pitch, what doesn’t happen to any other player is that the whole analysis revolves around someone getting tackled or blocked off at a corner.

The level of scrutiny is insane. I’ve never seen a player more scrutinised, It’s unjustified and unfair and it’s what has led to the fans feeling as they do. Gary Neville has been a nightmare. Whenever Pogba has been fit and playing our defeats seem to matter more to him for some reason? He’s been pretty quiet about us for some time really despite our disaster of a season....couldn’t get over a penalty miss at the start of the season though in a game we drew ?

I’ll tell you now, Pogba isn’t the problem. A lot will be glad when he’s gone but what’s been missed is that he actually wanted to come back here, when he’s gone we will be no better. We will be and are worse off without him because he’s a sensational footballer in a mediocre side.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

when playing, he gets tackled and the opposition go on to score. The whole analysis of the game is centred on it. Pundits and ex pros have an opinion, talksport do a phone in.

He has two or three quiet games, see above....plus any good games are suddenly forgotten.

He’s injured. He’s accused of faking it. Ex pros have an opinion, analysis of any games is centred around it. Talksport do a phone in.

He comes back and has a reaction, scans show scar tissue needs a clean up op. See above.....plus it’s all a fake and he’s pushing his way out of the club.

He posts on Instagram about practicing his religion on New Year’s Eve. It’s called into question by some no mark ex MUTV presenter and Ryan Giggs lays into him.

He’s the only player verbally abusedby his own fans at home on the last game of the season, also at some away games too by individuals.

You know what.....he might want to leave,who could blame him given where we are as a club and the amount of blame he’s been given, but he is injured. He has been injured and he isn’t faking it. Players make mistakes on the football pitch, what doesn’t happen to any other player is that the whole analysis revolves around someone getting tackled or blocked off at a corner.

The level of scrutiny is insane. I’ve never seen a player more scrutinised, It’s unjustified and unfair and it’s what has led to the fans feeling as they do. Gary Neville has been a nightmare. Whenever Pogba has been fit and playing our defeats seem to matter more to him for some reason? He’s been pretty quiet about us for some time really despite our disaster of a season....couldn’t get over a penalty miss at the start of the season though in a game we drew ?

I’ll tell you now, Pogba isn’t the problem. A lot will be glad when he’s gone but what’s been missed is that he actually wanted to come back here, when he’s gone we will be no better. We will be and are worse off without him because he’s a sensational footballer in a mediocre side.

Couldn’t agree more with any of this.

He'sRaldo

I remember how big a deal this was back then. Now our fans are crying out for creativity, yet lambast players who actually try to be creative. It's ironic really.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

I've said it before - when I see Pogba get on the pitch he plays with a smile because he was born a red. That's why he came back here. People can't seem to get over the fact that he seemed to leave at one moment in time.

R'hllor

I have a feeling if we are playing a team football, agenda and abuse wouldnt be so strong but somehow our fan base has this weird expectation and desire to have a one guy in team able to carry 10 other useless cnuts every single game.

Dunno is that specific to us but noticed that long time ago in a talk about a game changer, someone who can score with his individual brilliance and get us a win when we play poor. Nothing wrong with having that but seems they expect that every single game, which is not realistic.

JPRouve

Scout
I have a feeling if we are playing a team football, agenda and abuse wouldnt be so strong but somehow our fan base has this weird expectation and desire to have a one guy in team able to carry 10 other useless cnuts every single game.

Dunno is that specific to us but noticed that long time ago in a talk about a game changer, someone who can score with his individual brilliance and get us a win when we play poor. Nothing wrong with having that but seems they expect that every single game, which is not realistic.
I have noticed the same thing. And if you look at yesterday's game, if Pogba had De Bruyne's or Sterling's game he would have been lambasted victory or not. Sterling messed up everything that he could and one of De Bruyne's sloppy passes led to our goal. Football is a team sport, even the best players will have moments in a game or a season where they are average or below average, you can't expect a single player to carry a team week in week out, if a player somehow does it then it needs to be said that he is probably an all time great.

Hes had this injury since September. Can you count?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hes had this injury since September. Can you count?
He had the surgery since yesterday. Before September he was obviously following your expert advice of relying on rest or whatever. He’s also come back since September and played actual football matches.

But he didn't had the surgery in September. :confused:
He picked up an injury in September.
He had the first surgery in October. Standard recovery for ligament repair surgery can be anything from a few weeks to 6 months+.

None of us know how much he really needed the surgery or if it could have waited. But with his comments and constant rumours he isnt exactly rushing to get back, it's easy to be suspicious. Personally I think he'll drag it out with a few more setbacks and the odd game until the end of the season, then hes gone.

I like Pogba, I think hes easily our best player, but maybe it's time for him to go. Our biggest problem right now is the circus that surrounds the club and he and his fat agent are the fecking ringmasters.

JPRouve

Scout
He had the first surgery in October. Standard recovery for ligament repair surgery can be anything from a few weeks to 6 months+.

None of us know how much he really needed the surgery or if it could have waited. But with his comments and constant rumours he isnt exactly rushing to get back, it's easy to be suspicious. Personally I think he'll drag it out with a few more setbacks and the odd game until the end of the season, then hes gone.

I like Pogba, I think hes easily our best player, but maybe it's time for him to go. Our biggest problem right now is the circus that surrounds the club and he and his fat agent are the fecking ringmasters.
It's not though, you have to work hard to be suspiscious and purposely distort things. And I don't know what will or won't happen this summer, it's irrelevant to his injury.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

A large part of the ‘circus’ in recent months have been internet conspiracy theorists, not too dissimilar to some of the scenarios/predictions you outlined in your post.

The reality is what we have is an injured footballer. Not the first or the last. Every press conference the last few months have had media digging trying to force a subplot.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Remember when he was the best centre mid in the world for about 6 weeks under Ole last season? :drool:

When he leaves he is gonna be fecking unplayable. Put this guy in a team with a plan and he is a monster. Shame it hasn't worked out, right man at the wrong time. We could have done with current Pogba in the 09-13 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.