6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

He said he wants a new challenge, his agent says he wouldn’t take anyone here, his brothers say he wants out, he won’t even go to watch us anymore, he hasn’t played basically all season due to an ankle injury then requires surgery on a different injury, he spent 3 months on vacation in Dubai, Miami and Paris when he could have been doing I don’t know what’s that thing called - training, rehabilitation, recovery. One of those 3 at least.

What have you seen this season that does not make him a cnut for that £1,256.000 a month basic that has seen no goals?
There's a whole lot of conjecture there. He was injured, and if he went on holiday or went to visit family then there is nothing to suggest it wasn't with the managers blessing.

It's regrettable that he wants to leave, and I hope we let him go if that's the case. I don't blame him for wanting to leave though, I probably would too if I was him.

In answer to your question, I have not seen anything that makes me think he's a cnut. Just a whole load of hot air from the media and fans based on absolutely feck all.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He said he wants a new challenge, his agent says he wouldn’t take anyone here, his brothers say he wants out, he won’t even go to watch us anymore, he hasn’t played basically all season due to an ankle injury then requires surgery on a different injury, he spent 3 months on vacation in Dubai, Miami and Paris when he could have been doing I don’t know what’s that thing called - training, rehabilitation, recovery. One of those 3 at least.

What have you seen this season that does not make him a cnut for that £1,256.000 a month basic that has seen no goals?
What's wrong with wanting a new challenge? Raiola also said:
''Paul wants to be successful and happy and wants to win prizes and he would love to do that with Manchester United.''
Did you miss that?

Who are you to criticise his rehabilitation schedule?

How does being injured make someone a cnut!?

This whole post is so suspect... this is supposed to be your justification too. :houllier:

ZenMaster Coltrane

No offence guys, but this sort of back and forth between pro and anti [insert player's name here] contributes nothing of substance to this site. Calling each other embarrassments, telling each other to shut up - it's just childish in the extreme. Why not instead work on the shared assumption that you are both United fans and discuss rationally why you may or may not want to have a player on the team?
I have to ask, did you just discover the Interweb? Good intentions aside, there's some implicit false equivalency in your mission statement. There are people on here and out in the streets who hold irrational opinions of players at the clubs they support. You combine that with a kind of different view of the ideal footballer, infused with some cultural toxicity and you end up here.

Personally, I only look at the player's on field performance in my evaluation of them as a footballer. But I don't just dismiss mitigating factors such as system, coaching, quality of other players etc... when assessing performance (i.e. Fred was never trash). I see a ton of people harping on these narratives that get reinforced by lame punditry or talk radio. The fact that a penalty miss and the start of the season engendered that kind of ridiculous debate is evidence of a Meghan Markle-like obsessive level of scrutiny. And it's just continued.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
No offence guys, but this sort of back and forth between pro and anti [insert player's name here] contributes nothing of substance to this site. Calling each other embarrassments, telling each other to shut up - it's just childish in the extreme. Why not instead work on the shared assumption that you are both United fans and discuss rationally why you may or may not want to have a player on the team?
I think it's important to distinguish what is fact from fiction. After all, that is where all the toxicity stems from isn't it? People not being aware of all the facts as it's easier to believe the distorted lies instead.

ovoxo

Looking forward to seeing him back in the side. I think I read somewhere he may be back for the Chelsea game.

Bwuk

A midfield 3 of McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes will be excellent.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
A midfield 3 of McTominay, Pogba and Fernandes will be excellent.
It wouldn’t I don’t think. It would be full of all or nothing, highlight players, but without the defensive or possessional control.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Probably a daft question to ask but can anyone remember when he's meant to be back this time? Back for the Chelsea game after the winter break?

fergiesarmy1

Probably a daft question to ask but can anyone remember when he's meant to be back this time? Back for the Chelsea game after the winter break?
He’s done some advertising for predator football boots today if it helps.

Oh and he’s proud to represent adidas

TrustInOle

It wouldn’t I don’t think. It would be full of all or nothing, highlight players, but without the defensive or possessional control.
Agreed, I would argue a midfield of McSauce, Fred and Pogba would function better. I feel an upgrade on Scott, so he can develop without the constant pressure of delivering, and a back up for Fred and Pogba and our midfield ain't looking to shabby any more.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agree McTominay would need to be replaced with a young Matic

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Pogba lives rent free in these guys heads.
be interesting to see if we sold Pogba and signed Milner, Llanna or Henderson to replace him. Apparently we could expect CL finals.

Also Liverpool have still won about one meaningful trophy in the last ten years to this point, if I’m not wrong? Let’s give it a while before they are held up as standard bearers

jackal&hyde

This boy coming back plus Bruno and we will reinvent our attacking and creativity for the second part of the season.

Thiagoal

This boy coming back plus Bruno and we will reinvent our attacking and creativity for the second part of the season.
All those chances created but no bugger to stick them in the net!! Fingers crossed we can get Ighalo over the line...

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Every time he plays on the pitch I see him play with a smile & I can feel that he loves united.

I feel he may selfish with some attention & that's linked to his personality but this has not been too much of a problem yet has only led to the media causing bigger issues by targeting his personality directly.

I think when we have players like Rashford, Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Maguire, Martial & Mctomminay in some good form it would be good to try and keep Pogba if he can be convinced to stay here because he adds an extra level of quality to our squad rather than takes something away.

Whilst I do think his ability is a bit overrated - I don't necessarily see him going to a club and turning them in to a CL winning team; he doesn't exactly have much of a chance at winning some titles here at the moment either & much like De gea in his prime - I can see why he is thinking about leaving.

TsuWave

Running out of time to get the move that redcafe members were so adamant he was faking the injury for :nervous:

tjb

For me, I have no ill will towards Pogba. I feel we were unfair to him when we signed him and failed to actually identify how his skills would translate to the team before making the move. We spent so much money on him and Lukaku, without thinking about the other gaps in the team, and how slow the transfer method would be taking the galactico route. I personally feel, as good as he is, his game is not suited to the Premier League. It's a bit too sluggish off the ball and he takes too much time in possession of the ball. In a premier league midfield, this has proven to be problematic.

When we sell him, we have the opportunity to purchase a cheaper/possibly even less talented midfielder that can approximate the role United actually want Pogba to play without demanding the amount of negative attention that Pogba currently carries. Players like Moussa Dembele used to play that role for their teams and did not cost as much or demand as much attention. I have always felt personally that the role of a midfielder, particularly in a fast paced league like the premier league is, is to support both the attack and the defence as unit, as opposed being independently creative. It's one of the reasons why Liverpool have been successful. Creatively we have signed Bruno Fernandes to be our no.10, we can use the Pogba money to sign a player that can assist Rashford and Martial in the attacking third. I don' t believe we need to spend the money we spent on Pogba to sign a midfielder.

Raven

If Pogba and Bruno manage to get a good understanding going we should be able to battle for top 4. Having 2 midfielders able to create chances consistently will create huge amounts of space in midfield that we haven't been able to do in a long time. Too often we see our best players doubled and tripled up on because the opposition realises that if they are starved, we will do nothing.

TrustInOle

The stick this guy gets is absolutley unreal! Once he leaves, we will all miss the days we had his talent and didn't appriciate it. The agenda alone is this country is sickening at times, media and fans.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For the record, Marcus Rashford is injured, and is in Miami for Super Bowl weekend, and has just posted a picture with DJ Khaled. Sadly, I can’t remember who I was arguing with just a month ago about how ‘disrespectful’ such thing is, but let’s see if that’s the same.

Of course, I know there’s obviously absolutely nothing wrong with what Rashford is doing at all, he can do as he pleases.

arthurka

For the record, Marcus Rashford is injured, and is in Miami for Super Bowl weekend, and has just posted a picture with DJ Khaled. Sadly, I can’t remember who I was arguing with just a month ago about how ‘disrespectful’ such thing is, but let’s see if that’s the same.

Of course, I know there’s obviously absolutely nothing wrong with what Rashford is doing at all, he can do as he pleases.
Is he also on the way to Madrid?

AneRu

For me, I have no ill will towards Pogba. I feel we were unfair to him when we signed him and failed to actually identify how his skills would translate to the team before making the move. We spent so much money on him and Lukaku, without thinking about the other gaps in the team, and how slow the transfer method would be taking the galactico route. I personally feel, as good as he is, his game is not suited to the Premier League. It's a bit too sluggish off the ball and he takes too much time in possession of the ball. In a premier league midfield, this has proven to be problematic.

When we sell him, we have the opportunity to purchase a cheaper/possibly even less talented midfielder that can approximate the role United actually want Pogba to play without demanding the amount of negative attention that Pogba currently carries. Players like Moussa Dembele used to play that role for their teams and did not cost as much or demand as much attention. I have always felt personally that the role of a midfielder, particularly in a fast paced league like the premier league is, is to support both the attack and the defence as unit, as opposed being independently creative. It's one of the reasons why Liverpool have been successful. Creatively we have signed Bruno Fernandes to be our no.10, we can use the Pogba money to sign a player that can assist Rashford and Martial in the attacking third. I don' t believe we need to spend the money we spent on Pogba to sign a midfielder.
If he wants to leave then we shouldn't stand in his way provided his suitors aren't trying to feck us on the price, I think £110m would be ok. Though you say we should buy a workman like midfielder I think his replacement ought to be Grealish, he is the sort of maverick talent that would relish the Old Trafford platform and give us what we would be losing/expected from Pogba.

DBT85

HES fecking doing what! I bet the cnut was walking too. WALKING!!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The stick this guy gets is absolutley unreal! Once he leaves, we will all miss the days we had his talent and didn't appriciate it. The agenda alone is this country is sickening at times, media and fans.
Can’t miss someone who barely plays and when he does ghosts through games.

Last edited:

TrustInOle

Can’t miss someone who barely plays and when he does ghosts and through games.
Regardless of what you think of him as a player, the harrasment he recieves as a human being, his character and his apparent influence on others is appalling.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

He should be taking a picture with Rakim not DJ Khaled. Of course he is doing something wrong.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can’t miss someone who barely plays and when he does ghosts and through games.
I mean, he topped almost every positive individual stat for us last season when he played, so I would say we're missing him...

Status
Not open for further replies.