Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's the logical thinking but some think it is all hunky dory because Bruno is here, meaning we have replaced Paul. They are forgetting that once teams start targeting Bruno, we will have the same issues of 1 creative outlet and reduced functionality. We need them both. I would be interested in trying France strategy during the world cup. Have Pogba in CM alongside Fred, Bruno in the Griezmann role, Martial 9 position, Rashford LWF and Matic on the RW :drool:
Also, Bruno will not play every game, so if he gets injured, what do we do? I was totally with you on that, until I saw Matic as a RW! A little slip I assume? :p
I don't think there's a single person on the caf who suggested selling Paul and replacing him with no one. My logic was that if he wanted to go, let him go, use the money for Grealish + helping buying Sancho if it was a major monetary hurdle. And if not, have funds aside for a great holding player.

Obviously if he wants to stay then fair enough. But if he still wants to move on, no point keeping a player that's wanted out for over a year.

Handré1990

I don't think there's a single person on the caf who suggested selling Paul and replacing him with no one. My logic was that if he wanted to go, let him go, use the money for Grealish + helping buying Sancho if it was a major monetary hurdle. And if not, have funds aside for a great holding player.

Obviously if he wants to stay then fair enough. But if he still wants to move on, no point keeping a player that's wanted out for over a year.
First off, regarding the bolded part, you’d be wrong. I’ve seen posters say we already have Pogba’s replacement in Bruno. A hunch tells me it might be the same posters who have this unhealthy obsession with criticising Pogba for everything he does, no matter the context. For heavens sake, several posters have been convinced Pogba faked injury the whole season, and those posters weren’t shy about spreading such a mind-numbingly stupid notion on here.

It’s been done to death on here several times, but let’s look at it again: ManUtd are categorically not going to sell Pogba for any less than what we paid in the first place. Considering the market after, we probably want a sweetener on top. Noone has been close to offering what it’d take for us to let him go. We’re not just going to let one of our most valued assets leave, just because he feels like it.

It’s also not like things can’t change with regards to the player’s wishes. If we develop and become a much better team, chances are he’ll want to stay, with an improved contract on top. I know I’d take that.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If he sacks that fat waste of space of an agent and tells his brother to keep his mouth shut too then he can win my favour back. Don't think anything different will happen if he renews though. He will still look amazing one game and fairly mediocre the following 3 and people will continue to make excuses for him. Its sad to see our fans so besotted to somebody who clearly would already be out the club if it was down to him. Like the guy above has posted if he stays now it will be obvious that he can't get the move he wants.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
First off, regarding the bolded part, you’d be wrong. I’ve seen posters say we already have Pogba’s replacement in Bruno.
I don't think they would suggest pocketing Pogba fees and not reinvesting it in the transfer market though.
A hunch tells me it might be the same posters who have this unhealthy obsession with criticising Pogba for everything he does, no matter the context. For heavens sake, several posters have been convinced Pogba faked injury the whole season, and those posters weren’t shy about spreading such a mind-numbingly stupid notion on here.
Can we stop complaining about the injury conspiracy now? I'm talking about something else here.
It’s been done to death on here several times, but let’s look at it again: ManUtd are categorically not going to sell Pogba for any less than what we paid in the first place. Considering the market after, we probably want a sweetener on top. Noone has been close to offering what it’d take for us to let him go. We’re not just going to let one of our most valued assets leave, just because he feels like it.
Sure, covid changed a lot. But if Pogba wanted to go for over a year Man Utd would have likely sold him. It's happened in the past with star players who wanted out for over a season. It's just not healthy to keep them against their will.
It’s also not like things can’t change with regards to the player’s wishes. If we develop and become a much better team, chances are he’ll want to stay, with an improved contract on top. I know I’d take that.
Agreed, but unrelated to the scenario I referred to. Pogba wanting to stay is a different scenario to the one that seemed to be the case most the season (albeit it appears more likely today that he stays).

HowYouDoin

Assuming we play 3 in the midfield who does Pogba replace? Definitely not Bruno. At this point not even Fred. Yet you cant play Bruno, Fred and Pogba against better teams, not enough protection there. Pogba has simply fallen down the pecking order behind Bruno and Fred. He isnt indispensable anymore.
If you insist on playing Pogba you play him alongside Matic and Bruno.

Do we really gain that much if we play Pogba over Fred? Dont think so.
This isnt even about Pogba's attitude, this is questioning his quality and contribution. In all his time here he hasnt produced a spell of games that Fred has over the last 10-20 games.
Is that an attitude issue thing with Pogba I dont know but I do prefer Fred's all around contribution at this point.

laughtersassassin

Assuming we play 3 in the midfield who does Pogba replace? Definitely not Bruno. At this point not even Fred. Yet you cant play Bruno, Fred and Pogba against better teams, not enough protection there. Pogba has simply fallen down the pecking order behind Bruno and Fred. He isnt indispensable anymore.
Your mad if you are saying that with a straight face. Offensively Pogba will create 10 times more than Fred. He can provide passes for Bruno's runs that Fred could never.

Also a season is long against many different opposition's. Bruno Pogba are the first two on the teamsheet against anyone below the top 6 for sure. Fill in the third with whoever suits beste
Against Liverpool and City you would change things up depending but may even go diamond on that.

But yeah in a 3 where Matic and Bruno are 2/3 of them Pogba is a million percent a better option than Fred if you are trying to be attacking and create.

If your not going to have the ball sure Fred is better but we shouldn't be aiming to not have the ball.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's a number 6, Bruno is a number 10. That's the way it should be with both in the team.

HowYouDoin

Your mad if you are saying that with a straight face. Offensively Pogba will create 10 times more than Fred. He can provide passes for Bruno's runs that Fred could never.

Also a season is long against many different opposition's. Bruno Pogba are the first two on the teamsheet against anyone below the top 6 for sure. Fill in the third with whoever suits beste
Against Liverpool and City you would change things up depending but may even go diamond on that.

But yeah in a 3 where Matic and Bruno are 2/3 of them Pogba is a million percent a better option than Fred if you are trying to be attacking and create.

If your not going to have the ball sure Fred is better but we shouldn't be aiming to not have the ball.
Thats assuming Pogba at his best but honestly how often has that happened? I am not doubting Pogba has an edge over Fred in creativity, passing and finishing but the work Fred does in running all the time, tackling, winning possession, being a pest has become indispensable for us as well. Pogba's work rate especially defensively doesnt come close. So you are essentially counting on him to compensate with his offensive ability.
Seriously, Fred is a real competition for Pogba now and most things that make Fred so good come down to his attitude. Pogba should feel theres competiton from Fred cuz honestly there is. Fred brings to the table the work rate that Pogba simply doesnt have.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

This isnt even about Pogba's attitude, this is questioning his quality and contribution. In all his time here he hasnt produced a spell of games that Fred has over the last 10-20 games.
Is that an attitude issue thing with Pogba I dont know but I do prefer Fred's all around contribution at this point.
What a train wreck of a post.

laughtersassassin

Thats assuming Pogba at his best but honestly how often has that happened? I am not doubting Pogba has an edge over Fred in creativity, passing and finishing but the work Fred does in running all the time, tackling, winning possession, being a pest has become indispensable for us as well. Pogba's work rate especially defensively doesnt come close. So you are essentially counting on him to compensate with his offensive ability.
Seriously, Fred is a real competition for Pogba now and most things that make Fred so good come down to his attitude. Pogba should feel theres competiton from Fred cuz honestly there is. Fred brings to the table the work rate that Pogba simply doesnt have.
It really isn't assuming Pogba at his best though is it? Pogba at his worst was still our most creative player over everyone by a mile. He was still our best passer by a mile.

That cannot be argued with.

I like Fred and he had a very good season by his standards but it's not even comparing similar players. If you are playing Fred it's because you want someone to play in the middle and be busy and buzz around the shop hassling people. If you play Pogba it's because you want someone who can and will play great passes , always look for the ball and take responsibility on it. Even if that leads to him losing it.

Also Fred loses the ball just as much tbh.

Depends what you want and in 90% of games we should control the possession in which case Pogba is better suited.

Against the bottom 10 it's possible all 3 would work together if Fred adapts his positional sense to be a proper DM and not get caught put as he does due to his pressing. Basically make him into the player pep wanted. Which is fair enough because Matic Fred Bruno isn't creative enough for a team that wants to win titles. Not unless you go attacking fullbacks like Liverpool.

So with our fullbacks who aren't the best attacking wise the midfield need an extra player who is top drawer at creating. Fred isn't that. Adapt to survive. This is a good situation though.

TLDR: You go the city model which is two creative CMs in which case Fred isn't good enough at this moment to be one of them or the Liverpool model where you scarfice quality in the middle for graft and create goals elsewhere.

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Hope there's some Raoila-should-keep-his-mouth-zipped clause in this new contract extension. Im tired of every media and television outlet latching onto and making headlines of a loud mouth agents words every two weeks based off our form. Its such an overused narrative.
You can pay drug dealers to keep their mouths shut but not Football Agents.
But all the comments Raiola said were made easier by the fact that Pogba was our best player and We didn't have any other good midfielder. Now We have Bruno which could easily replace Pogba's role if He leaves and hopefully We sign Sancho. With both in the team, Raiola will find it harder to make negative news about us and even if He succeed, who cares, just leave if you want. You can only be a Primadonna if you are the best out of the bunch. It's all about bargaining power.

Last edited:

lenny_1248

I just can not... how deluded are you?
Pogba does in one game more offensively than Fred and McT combined in 3-5 games.

laughtersassassin

You can pay drug dealers to keep their mouths shut but not Football Agents.
But all the comments Raiola said were made easier by the fact that Pogba was our best player and We didn't have any other good midfielder. Now We have Bruno which could easily replace Pogba's role if He leaves and hopefully We sign Sancho. With both in the team, Raiola will find it harder to make negative news about us and even if He succeed, who cares, just leave if you want. You can only be a Primadonna if you are the best out of the bunch. It's all about bargaining power.
If Bruno is our Pogba replacement we will be in a world of trouble fairly quick again. We need to add to our best player not replace them. If Pogba goes we need a CM replacement for him that can create and share the load with Bruno.

Give Bruno the thing Pogba never had. Depending on one player to create everything is suicide.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If Bruno is our Pogba replacement we will be in a world of rouble fairly quick again. We need to add to our best player not replace them. If Pogba goes we need a CM replacement for him that can create and share the load with Bruno.

Give Bruno the thing Pogba never had. Depending in one player to create everything is suicide.
I don't think We should let Pogba go. I was suggesting that now, if Pogba, who was pretty much our only source of creativity in midfield kicks up a fuss and stops playing, We still have Bruno who's more than capable to provide the same thing. So We don't have to be beggars kissing both his and Raiola's feet "Oh the mighty Pogba, We're so shite, could you please come back? We need you desperately!". Less power to the shit stirring fatty.

laughtersassassin

I don't think We should let Pogba go. I was suggesting that now, if Pogba, who was pretty much our only source of creativity in midfield kicks up a fuss and stops playing, We still have Bruno who's more than capable to provide the same thing. So We don't have to be beggars kissing both his and Raiola's feet "Oh the mighty Pogba, We're so shite, could you please come back? We need you desperately!".
Of course technically we can let him go and we are in a better spot than before.

Before if we sold him we needed two players in would can create at his level.

Now we only need one. The thing is if he does go and we settle with Bruno and our current CM in terms of creativity then we will have shot oursleves in the foot imo.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Of course technically we can let him go and we are in a better spot than before.

Before if we sold him we needed two players in would can create at his level.

Now we only need one. The thing is if he does go and we settle with Bruno and our current CM in terms of creativity then we will have shot oursleves in the foot imo.
Agreed. Pogba as a number 6, Bruno as a number 10 and We'll be golden.

tjb

I'm coming to terms with the fact that he may not leave. Since that may be the case, I look forward to seeing what he can do with a guy like Bruno in his team. Ole should also start talking to him about potentially playing a scholes/pirlo deep lying playmaker role. I feel he has always had this in his locker and was actually influenced too heavily by both these players. If he can dictate the tempo from deep and allow Bruno to be the creator in chief higher up the pitch ( with boosts from Sancho ( hopefully) and Rashford), we could have a really high quality team. One that could potentially compete with City on first xi talent. Of course they beat us outright in terms of depth, but that will take time and development.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If he sacks that fat waste of space of an agent and tells his brother to keep his mouth shut too then he can win my favour back. Don't think anything different will happen if he renews though. He will still look amazing one game and fairly mediocre the following 3 and people will continue to make excuses for him. Its sad to see our fans so besotted to somebody who clearly would already be out the club if it was down to him. Like the guy above has posted if he stays now it will be obvious that he can't get the move he wants.
He’s won many MOTM awards in these so-called ‘mediocre’ games. And we’ve won the points in many of them. A lot of them were perfectly acceptable when the games finished. Games like City away, or a run of scoring 2 goals a game after Ole arrived is not the weekly expectation from any midfielder. If anything lower than that level is put in the ‘mediocre’ box, then it’s unfair and not consistent with any other player.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He’s more of an 8 to be fair.
That's how I see it as well, Pogba's the 8, Bruno's the 10 and then Fred/McTominay/Matic will be the 6 with hopefully all 3 of being able to drop in should someone get caught out of position

tjb

That's how I see it as well, Pogba's the 8, Bruno's the 10 and then Fred/McTominay/Matic will be the 6 with hopefully all 3 of being able to drop in should someone get caught out of position
It's a good rotation to have in that no.6 role. All of them will get their chances to play and can provide adequate cover for Pogba. None of them are perfect ( Fred/Mct/Matic) and should not be guaranteed starters as of now, but have the ability to make that position their own. When Matic leaves, we should sign a young player to compete with the other two for that role. Mctominay still has to work on his passing in possession, it has come a long way and when given a run of games, he can look really good too, but it has to be more consistent. If he can develop that side of his game to the point where he can adequately recycle possession for us, given his other skills, I don't see why he couldn't make that position his own. It would be a massive waste of money to sign a new DM if he could do this, as there are not many quality defensive midfielders in the game that are not already at big clubs. It's a position players develop into rather than simply starting out there. Casemiro, Fernandinho, Fabinho, Kimmich ( well he plays everywhere) all developed into playing in these positions rather than starting out there. Fred is a bit too offensive minded for me to play that role as his positioning is clearly the weakest part of his game and at times it does feel like the game is too fast for him. Hopefully he can adapt and play that role when we need more positivity in our play.

OldTrevil

Pogba wanting to leave for over a year is another weird narrative that you only expect to hear from opposition fans expressing their wishes. What I know is this guy came back to the team when he could have stayed at Juve or gone to any other team in a better situation than United at the time. He's also been our best player ever since, while constantly surrounded by subpar players. I obviously don't follow the bs papers or fake journalists and pundits, the only worrying thing I've heard from Pogba is him wanting a new challenge, which to me translates to needing a stronger team to compete like all great players do, rather than leaving the club. Just as we're on the cusp of assembling a great team, wanting him to leave is bonkers.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Pogba wanting to leave for over a year is another weird narrative that you only expect to hear from opposition fans expressing their wishes. What I know is this guy came back to the team when he could have stayed at Juve or gone to any other team in a better situation than United at the time. He's also been our best player ever since, while constantly surrounded by subpar players. I obviously don't follow the bs papers or fake journalists and pundits, the only worrying thing I've heard from Pogba is him wanting a new challenge, which to me translates to needing a stronger team to compete like all great players do, rather than leaving the club. Just as we're on the cusp of assembling a great team, wanting him to leave is bonkers.
Completely agree, any moves in the transfer market that happens without Pogba remaining in the team seems like a sideway move to me. The only way United progress is they keep hold of players like Pogba AND add quality around them.

Handré1990

Yup, I tried earlier today, but I give up when posters make shit up. Like how he wanted to leave for a year. Like @Rozay just answered about how he is good in one out of every four games or whatever. What exactly do people expect him to do?

devips

I like Pogba who is a good player when he wants to be. But the ass-kissing I see here from Pog-worshippers is sickening.

It is said he can't be enthused to show his real talent being surrounded by sub-par players. Yeah, right. So how did Bruno improve the performances around him during the short period he has been here then? One word answer- COMMITMENT.

Bobski

If he stays then the obvious role for him is the playmaker in a deeper 2 with Bruno given the more attacking role. It will be up to Pogba to adapt to a more restricted role and take on the consistent grunt work that midfield entails. That looks to be the best use of his abilities for the team, and ultimately what Utd need is more important than any individual player. I have my doubts he has the willingness to play that position over a full season, it requires a player who is more of a 90 min prescence than the bursts that Pogba plays in, hope we don't have to discuss all next season what is his best role is again.

He'sRaldo

I like Pogba who is a good player when he wants to be. But the ass-kissing I see here from Pog-worshippers is sickening.

It is said he can't be enthused to show his real talent being surrounded by sub-par players. Yeah, right. So how did Bruno improve the performances around him during the short period he has been here then? One word answer- COMMITMENT.
Key part of your post.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

What’s your thoughts on Maguire, AWB and the solid defensive unit we have now ?

OldTrevil

Completely agree, any moves in the transfer market that happens without Pogba remaining in the team seems like a sideway move to me. The only way United progress is they keep hold of players like Pogba AND add quality around them.
It would actually be a two steps forward one step backward type of move. In terms of what he offers both offensively and defensively, there is simply no player like Pogba out there. We're lucky to have him and I simply cannot wait to see a United with Pogba surrounded by players close to his level.

Yup, I tried earlier today, but I give up when posters make shit up. Like how he wanted to leave for a year. Like @Rozay just answered about how he is good in one out of every four games or whatever. What exactly do people expect him to do?
You shouldn't waste your energy. I'd rather discuss our players with people that have opinions based on the reality we see on the pitch, instead of those constantly regurgitating the nonsense coming from pundits and the media.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Or players are different. Some are good at carrying their teams eg Bruno at Sporting, Messi at Barca, Grealish at Villa. Pogba doesn't fall into this category obviously. He's always one of the best players when the team is good eg at Juve, France and Ole's first few months. Come to think of it I don't recall any 'bad' game from Pogba when the team is playing well

RUCK4444

Or players are different. Some are good at carrying their teams eg Bruno at Sporting, Messi at Barca, Grealish at Villa. Pogba doesn't fall into this category obviously. He's always one of the best players when the team is good eg at Juve, France and Ole's first few months. Come to think of it I don't recall any 'bad' game from Pogba when the team is playing well
There isn’t, it’s a narrative driven by his haters.

When the team is playing well and actually functioning as a starting 11 he gets the best numbers in the squad. Simple as that.

Rolaholic

There isn’t, it’s a narrative driven by his haters.

When the team is playing well and actually functioning as a starting 11 he gets the best numbers in the squad. Simple as that.
He gets held to standards damn near no other CM does.

Saw Kroos career goal stats at Rea the other day after he set a new personal best and he's never come close to putting up numbers like Pogba last season in a much better squad yet has consistently been considered world class for years, not arguing he isn't either.

Same with Modric who doesn't put up crazy stats but can impact the game in other ways as all great CM's typically have.

Only Pogba gets judged damn near exclusively on G+A's as a CM and even then people will try nitpicking those numbers as well :lol:

RUCK4444

Saw Kroos career goal stats at Rea the other day after he set a new personal best and he's never come close to putting up numbers like Pogba last season in a much better squad yet has consistently been considered world class for years, not arguing he isn't either.

Same with Modric who doesn't put up crazy stats but can impact the game in other ways as all great CM's typically have.

Only Pogba gets judged damn near exclusively on G+A's as a CM and even then people will try nitpicking those numbers as well :lol:
Exactly. That Kroos comparison just goes to show.

He’s a world class player and it kills people to admit it for some bizarre reason.

We’ve had a terrible few years and unfortunately he’s been the easiest target, but shouldn’t have been when you look at his output when.

Imagine how much better his numbers would be if he had been playing in Kroos position at Madrid with all that talent around him.

I will personally remind each and every Pogba hater of this when he finally does move on and inevitably smashes it.
Im hoping that he stays and we see that from him here with the extra quality we are trying to add.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Kroos has also had many long periods of underwhelming football (judging him by stats is unfair as he's not that kinda player), it's just when it's other footballers, many people just stick with their best forms in their brains and don't consider the rest.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

In fairness, even Pogba's staunchest critics aren't pointing to a lack of goals/assists as being a problem.

romufc

Exactly. That Kroos comparison just goes to show.

He’s a world class player and it kills people to admit it for some bizarre reason.

We’ve had a terrible few years and unfortunately he’s been the easiest target, but shouldn’t have been when you look at his output when.

Imagine how much better his numbers would be if he had been playing in Kroos position at Madrid with all that talent around him.

I will personally remind each and every Pogba hater of this when he finally does move on and inevitably smashes it.
Im hoping that he stays and we see that from him here with the extra quality we are trying to add.
I don't think it is a fair comparison with Pogba. they are completely difference players. Kroos knows his limitations and strengths.

Pogba is a fantastic player who is more a box to box, creating chances, making runs, taking people on.

Kroos is more a passer, DLP rather than a box to box.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
In fairness, even Pogba's staunchest critics aren't pointing to a lack of goals/assists as being a problem.
Yes they do....how many times have we heard ‘how many of those goals were penalties’ whilst Bruno has scored three ‘goals’ and the other one always mentioned ‘look at DeBruyne’s assists’

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes they do....how many times have we heard ‘how many of those goals were penalties’ whilst Bruno has scored three ‘goals’ and the other one always mentioned ‘look at DeBruyne’s assists’
They're putting it into context if its replying to someone praising goals when a bulk aren't from open play. But Pogba's creation and contribution to goals isn't really a criticism, we'd be hard pressed to argue he's not a good goal scorer.

I think its more the inconsistency of his performances that people have taken exception with.

Status
Not open for further replies.