6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeezix

It's still kind of a waste of his talent.

With David Silva now confirmed to be leaving City, I wonder if Pogba will be tempted to just move across Manchester and take that spot? He'd fit in perfectly with De Bruyne and Guardiola's system will get a lot more out of him.

With a year left, we won't be in any position to do anything about it.
I don't think it is a waste of talent that Pirlo and Scholes were transformed from attacking do everything box to box midfielders to Registas in their later years. They contributed heavily to their team's domination of their domestic leagues.

Don't even mention Pogba moving to City in his prime :nono: .There will be riots in Manchester for that.
His contract should be United's priority now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's madness indeed. First we had people who were arguing that we don't need Pogba anymore since we have Bruno. Now we have people pitting them against each other.
Exactly. I don't know why "fans" shit on other players just to praise the player they like, fecking hell every player represent ManUtd and these are our best players. It's a joy to watch them play together, instead of enjoying that few wants to find a way to moan about other players.

Honestly like watching Scholes. Carrick gets lauded for playing three of those a season, because he played in a great team.
Pirloesque!!

I hope he signs a new contract and develop his game even more to be a Regista. We need one who can do that role for the next 3-5 years to challenge all fronts and dominate the league.
Is there a player in PL or other leagues where players can ping passes like that with both feet? I mean not just to wings, he creates chances with ease from deep, dribble past players with little effort. Just a brilliant player, now that we have lot of movement and awesome attacking mid, it makes Pogba job easier.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bruno is capable of getting 20 goals and 20 assists next season if this current form keeps up, that’s just far more deadly than Pogba has ever managed. I absolutely love Pogba btw, he’s easily my favourite player and has to defend him from all sorts of abuse but Bruno is just a machine. He’s got far more of an eye for goal than Pogba I think and will end up scoring a greater variety and diversity of goals. His passing range is weaker than Pogba but his brain is quick and when playing in the hole he’s capable of doing things in a split second to open the game up.

As I say, I’m a big fan of both players but I think it’s a little silly to say Pogba is miles ahead when Bruno has proven that he’s more effective in that role. Just because Pogba is easier on the eye that doesn’t make him better per se.
This. Different players, obviously they can play in each other's roles (Pogba as a 10 and Bruno as an 8) but the current system gets the best out of them. No one is miles ahead of the other, Bruno is rightly getting all the plaudits because he is scoring and assisting and those elements will always be seen as more important than the rest (not saying it's fair but it's how football is viewed in general).

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Bruno's form this season and Pogba's last season,when he was pushed further forward,looks practically identical.

Skeezix

Exactly. I don't know why "fans" shit on other players just to praise the player they like, fecking hell every player represent ManUtd and these are our best players. It's a joy to watch them play together, instead of enjoying that few wants to find a way to moan about other players.
It is a little bit understandable when Lingard and Pereira are getting the stick for Bruno's terrific performance. But it is certainly weird when people are comparing and making imaginary tribal camps of their favourite player from the same team - players who are performing and complementing each other.

It was Rashford vs Martial.
Now it is Bruno vs Pogba.

It is a delight to watch Rashford and Martial assisting each other for their goals. Even more so a delight watching a smiling Pogba hugging Bruno after his goal.
Enjoy the show and long may it last.

Skills

Snitch
Why is it?
Because he's in his prime and he's got a lot more in his locker. I mean if you're supremely talented, how long are you satisfied playing a restricted role when you have the ability to contribute a lot more?
I don't think it is a waste of talent that Pirlo and Scholes were transformed from attacking do everything box to box midfielders to Registas in their later years. They contributed heavily to their team's domination of their domestic leagues.

Don't even mention Pogba moving to City in his prime :nono: .There will be riots in Manchester for that.
His contract should be United's priority now.
Meh, our fanbase wouldn't have a leg to stand on considering the amount of abuse they've lobbed his way for the past 2 years. You only have to look at the last home game of last season as a prime example.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Because he's in his prime and he's got a lot more in his locker. I mean if you're supremely talented, how long are you satisfied playing a restricted role when you have the ability to contribute a lot more?

Meh, our fanbase wouldn't have a leg to stand on considering the amount of abuse they've lobbed his way for the past 2 years. You only have to look at the last home game of last season as a prime example.
Just read his recent words on his current situation, it will give you a good hint.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Because he's in his prime and he's got a lot more in his locker. I mean if you're supremely talented, how long are you satisfied playing a restricted role when you have the ability to contribute a lot more?.
It depends on your view of that role. You say it’s restricted, I don’t see it that way. His role is to support and provide for a great attack and currently he is doing that in some style. It’s an important role and he’s currently doing it very well. He will be happy I’d have thought.

CG1010

I would say that based on talent Bruno, Pogba and Greenwood are three standout players we have. Pogba clearly has performed for much longer than other two so he has to be ranked 1 with Bruno being number 2. Greenwood has obviously still got to prove a lot but might end up being a better player than both of them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can we all stop trying to point score between who is better ffs.

Pogba is playing fantastically at CM, Bruno is fantastic at CAM.

They're both playing to a very high level hence why we keep winning. If we can keep having these arguements in the future it means we're doing very well!

roonster09

Scout
He isn't playing restricted role. Maybe on paper it's restricted but on the pitch it's anything but restricted.

roonster09

Scout
It depends on your view of that role. You say it’s restricted, I don’t see it that way. His role is to support and provide for a great attack and currently he is doing that in some style. It’s an important role and he’s currently doing it very well. He will be happy I’d have thought.
Exactly. It isn't restricted. He is playing awesome passes from deep, dribbling past players, he is getting chances from edge of the box and he even makes runs into box sometimes. People forget football is a team game.

roonster09

Scout
It is a little bit understandable when Lingard and Pereira are getting the stick for Bruno's terrific performance. But it is certainly weird when people are comparing and making imaginary tribal camps of their favourite player from the same team - players who are performing and complementing each other.

It was Rashford vs Martial.
Now it is Bruno vs Pogba.

It is a delight to watch Rashford and Martial assisting each other for their goals. Even more so a delight watching a smiling Pogba hugging Bruno after his goal.
Enjoy the show and long may it last.
Maybe some fans can't enjoy when things are going well, they need something to complain about.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It would be restrictive in the sense that Pogba's best game includes late runs from midfield. Registas can't do that, their role requires them to almost always stay around the middle of the pitch and not go too high, that's why Pirlo was moved to that role latter in his career, it was a way to protect him and the team. Now I wouldn't mind it because he has done it on a few occasion for Juventus during his first or second season and he was excellent, he has done it for France once too and he was really good.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It would be restrictive in the sense that Pogba's best game includes late runs from midfield. Registas can't do that, their role requires them to almost always stay around the middle of the pitch and not go too high, that's why Pirlo was moved to that role latter in his career, it was a way to protect him and the team. Now I wouldn't mind it because he has done it on a few occasion for Juventus during his first or second season and he was excellent, he has done it for France once too and he was really good.
Like I said, it depends on your view of that role really and besides, he’s not playing that role strictly, Pogba will always get chances to burst forward in this set up.

For me, as a past critic of Pogba, it is just good to finally see him look at home while playing. From his interview, he seems to be appreciative of the work of Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial and looks to be enjoying his football. That’s good to see and hopefully we can keep him happy and get him signed up!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Like I said, it depends on your view of that role really and besides, he’s not playing that role strictly, Pogba will always get chances to burst forward in this set up.
But that setup doesn't use a regista. Pogba current role is I believe closer to a mezzala.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pogba might be our most talented player (or well, next to Greenwood), but there is no doubt that Bruno is currently the better player and is playing better than Pogba.

To be fair, it seems that Pogba is ok with it, and he seems fine to be a supporting player. Which actually is the place where he seems to perform best (Juve, France). Probably does not have the necessary skills to be the main player, but as long as he is fine with it, then it is good. I would take the Pogba of the last few weeks (or the one in World Cup) for the next few years.
I’m not so keen on this comparison thing myself. I mean, as has been mentioned earlier, player comparison is natural, but the belittling of one of your own players to campaign for another one is counter-productive.

With regards to Bruno being ‘better’, I can see the argument, although I don’t agree with it as such. I think he has a far greater argument for being ‘more important’ than Pogba than he does for being a ‘better’ player. Pogba aside, I generally think Bruno is more useful than he is good. Just in comparison to other great 10s of recent times. I’d struggle to say he’s ‘better’ than Coutinho or Ozil at his peak for example. Just watching them, there’s a clear difference in ability. Bruno is the man we needed though, more than even a ‘better’ 10. It wasn’t necessarily even the environment for the most genius 10 before he came. Bruno is greater suited to us, but what he falls a little short of in genius/talent - he makes up for in drive and urgency which gets the team going further forward. In isolation, I don’t think he is ‘better’ than Pogba, but there’s a stronger argument for importance. It’s like comparing Gerrard and Zidane as #10s. Both great players, Zidane clearly ‘better’, in isolation, but Gerrard also got great numbers and Zizou likely wouldn’t have matched his impact.

Saying Bruno is better than Pogba is a little simplistic though, to me. To use a comparison that still fits, with one of the caf’s most favoured players - it would be like seeing what Bruno is doing in the 10 role, and then saying he was better than Scholes, who was keeping things ticking over 10 yards further back. I’m sure most on here would not say Bruno was the better midfielder between him and Scholes, regardless of his amount of goals. Watching them tells enough of a story.

I think Pogba is United’s best player in that he is the highest quality one. The two compliment each other perfectly though. Bruno is more useful to us than a perhaps more talented 10 who also like to control a game. Bruno isn’t interested in controlling a match, he’s more concerned with deciding it. But he isn’t ‘better‘ than Pogba, or Scholes, or Xavi - who don’t have the same sort of impact on their teams as Bruno does. As young as he is, I think Greenwood has the best shout of being the next ‘best’ player in the team along with Pogba. The boy is a freak, he’s technically better than Bruno and if he decided he wanted to play as a 10 tomorrow, Bruno would be on the bench. I think he’ll soon be our best player, even better than Pogba.

The United

Pogba is excellent at supporting role. As talented as he is with his physical ability, he doesn't have mentality to be the main man. I think he has always shown that way in his career so far.

If he is ok with it and if we don't force him anything, I don't see why we fans argue about if it's the right role or position for him.

He'sRaldo

Pogba is excellent at supporting role. As talented as he is with his physical ability, he doesn't have mentality to be the main man. I think he has always shown that way in his career so far.

If he is ok with it and if we don't force him anything, I don't see why we fans argue about if it's the right role or position for him.
It's because he as well had world class stats for us when playing further forward. So while I've come around to the fact that the team benefits more from this setup, it's easy to wonder if there was a way to push him further up and get the benefit of both Pogba and Bruno's stats.

The United

It's because he as well had world class stats for us when playing further forward. So while I've come around to the fact that the team benefits more from this setup, it's easy to wonder if there was a way to push him further up and get the benefit of both Pogba and Bruno's stats.
He plays slightly further than Matic imo. And Pog does not have enough work rate to play up there with Bruno.

Both of them needs to work extremely hard running up and down the whole time. And as a team, we are not there yet either except for against some teams maybe.

People are a bit surprised we can even play them together probably forgetting the amount of work Bruno is doing all over the place. Put Mata in 10 with Pog behind, we might have our midfield running over often.

Le Red

Here we go, full madness is on now. We had to pit them against each other now :lol: Let's enjoy both and what they each bring to the team.
They love playing together but it takes certain crazy fans to wanna justify why one is better or more important than the other.
To be fair, I'm not seeing anyone shitting on Pogba to put Bruno on the spotlight, only the other way around.
Again, to be fair, this is @Clermontois doing. There was a post by @Santoryo where he opines that Pogba is our best player but it was a decent post.
Indeed we should just be happy that we have two players in such brilliant form. Before we had none, Pogba is at the best we've ever seen in a MUFC shirt.

Mr PG

Assists, maybe just about possible, but goals - no chance. Pogba just isn’t a natural goalscorer like Bruno for me. Bruno is far more purposeful and deliberate when he tries to score. Passing though, Pogba is a different level, and it isn’t unrealistic that he can match assist numbers even playing further back, as he can put a chance on a plate from 40/50 yards anyway.
When in his game Pogba can literally steam roll teams when playing 10 as he previously did against arsenal and city.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I wonder what wage Pogba will be on. Rashfrod 200k, Martial 250k, and DDG at 300k are kinda set the standard for player contract near their last year. Even Maguire, signed from Leicester, is on 180k.

Clermontois

Supports
France
To be fair, I'm not seeing anyone shitting on Pogba to put Bruno on the spotlight, only the other way around.
Again, to be fair, this is @Clermontois doing. There was a post by @Santoryo where he opines that Pogba is our best player but it was a decent post.
Indeed we should just be happy that we have two players in such brilliant form. Before we had none, Pogba is at the best we've ever seen in a MUFC shirt.
If you tag a user you should in the very least, be right about what they posted, in none of my posts have I disparaged Fernandes's ability. What was stated was that he needs to do more than score penalties and hog freekicks to be considered the best player in this team. I also stated he is a good player who has had a great impact and one that tracks the ball well however he is not a patch on Paul. Therefore when you have posters stating that Paul is the 5th best player in the team and nonsense like that then some people will defend him. If criticism of Fernandes is not wanted; a lesser player, then put some respect on Paul's name. The best player I have seen at this club and in this league since the Ferguson days, not sure how long he will remain though if he is forced to continue in such a restrictive role. It is one thing to play like that for your country but an altogether different scenario to do it at club level.

Nevertheless I am happy to watch both players together while it is possible though I think the team would be better served playing in a 4:3:3 so they can attack and defend in equal measure.

Case in point. Media packaged and delivered by so called fans.

Brightonian

It's still kind of a waste of his talent.

With David Silva now confirmed to be leaving City, I wonder if Pogba will be tempted to just move across Manchester and take that spot? He'd fit in perfectly with De Bruyne and Guardiola's system will get a lot more out of him.

With a year left, we won't be in any position to do anything about it.
1. There are so many more players out there who can do things in the #10 position than players who can do what Pogba can do in central midfield. Utterly un-pressable, passing range to make the gods weep, will dribble right past you from a standing start, and a physical and aerial beast into the mix. You think that's a 'waste'?
2. So many of City's best players can play Silva's position, and already have been doing so. Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne, Foden and Mahrez all can and have played in that role. There is most definitely not a spot up for grabs.
3. There's not been so much as a hint of City wanting Pogba or Pogba wanting City since he chose us over them in 2016. All the signs are that he is not looking to leave at all, but if he was, Madrid is famously the destination. Why bring up City?

OldTrevil

Case in point. Media packaged and delivered by so called fans.
Some of the comments around here disparaging our best footballers, you'd think Neville and Carragher constantly post on the Caf.

Anyway back to the game, very excited to see another dominant performance from our midfield. It was great to see Pogba getting his goal against Villa, hopefully he bags a few more in upcoming matches. Some proper pogbooms here and there wouldn't hurt.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I wonder what wage Pogba will be on. Rashfrod 200k, Martial 250k, and DDG at 300k are kinda set the standard for player contract near their last year. Even Maguire, signed from Leicester, is on 180k.
The Athletic said De Gea is on significantly more than £350k a couple of weeks ago. I expect Raiola will be looking for £500k+ for Pogba.

Le Red

If you tag a user you should in the very least, be right about what they posted, in none of my posts have I disparaged Fernandes's ability. What was stated was that he needs to do more than score penalties and hog freekicks to be considered the best player in this team. I also stated he is a good player who has had a great impact and one that tracks the ball well however he is not a patch on Paul. Therefore when you have posters stating that Paul is the 5th best player in the team and nonsense like that then some people will defend him. If criticism of Fernandes is not wanted; a lesser player, then put some respect on Paul's name.
I tagged you because I think it's the right thing to do when you mention someone. It makes them know they've been cited and given an opportunity to respond, which you did.
In my opinion, and from others as well judging from the replies, you have massively understated Bruno Fernandes' skill and contribution to the team, in an atempt to defend your point of view that Pogba is miles beyond any player on the team.
Frankly, the way you talk about Bruno, you paint him as if he was a hyped up James Ward-Prowse.
I've seen no one disrespecting Pogba recently in this thread, the only disrespect is in your eyes because you think it's disrespectful to put any player in the spotlight other than Pogba. He's receiving a lot of praise and is as close to being an unanimity in MUFC as he's ever been. You should be happy with that if you're his fan, but instead you are making bitter comments about other players in the team who deserve to be named as our best players along Pogba.

Shark

@NotShark
When the pressure is on, Pogba is nowhere to be seen. Martial and Rashord were fantastic but this guy is just a luxury player when things are going well it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.