6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan07

Was intensively lecturing Wan-Bissaka before the start of the second half. Then and there he did not look like anyone that wants to leave; more like real captain material.
I think this idea that he will down tools or sulk if he does stay is severely overstated.

kiristao

If we play against 9 defenders every match that midfield trio will be fine. But as that’s not going to happen, I’d say there’s no future in a Mata, Pogba & Mctommy midfield.
Like I mentioned in another tread, we will have to switch midfield depending on who we play. This midfield will work against teams that play for a draw with 10 men behind the ball. Breaking down those teams has been a problem for us for a while now. We need to sort that out.

deafepl

Was intensively lecturing Wan-Bissaka before the start of the second half. Then and there he did not look like anyone that wants to leave; more like real captain material.
I think this idea that he will down tools or sulk if he does stay is severely overstated.
He wanted a new challenge, most of us would do the same thing if we were in his situation considering how shit United is at the moment. Eriksen, De Ligt, Hazard, De Jong whoring themselves for the likes of Barcelona, Juve, Real, PSG to come after them yet you didn't hear the same thing about them as Pogba.

Grezmiman and Neymar are supposedly one of top 10 players in the world, their attitude and professionalism are shocking, refused to train, sending message out they want to get out. Pogba is very professional and show a good attidue, went to train with us, play games and lecturing AWB.

TsuWave

Will follow this guy to whatever club he ends up at, he’s a pleasure to watch :drool:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Between his performance today and some of the videos I don't think we should doubt his commitment to the team. No sulking at all.

Just saddens me to be honest. He's different class out there, and seems to only want to leave for pretty justifiable reasons.

If anything today was a reminder of the difference true ability makes. Perreira and Matic barely looked like they were playing the same sport as Pogba.

Walters_19_MuFc

Rolls royce.

So glad Ole played him deep today. Against a team who defend like Perth did today, we don't need two defensive midfielders, as we so often did when we played Herrera and Matic behind Pogba. It's too defensive and nowhere near creative enough.

What Ole should be doing instead, and hopefully today is an indication of what we could see, is playing Pogba deep against the defensive side and putting in a creative 10. That way, Pogba can get on the ball and control the game from deep.

Ball winner - Pogba​

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Between his performance today and some of the videos I don't think we should doubt his commitment to the team. No sulking at all.

Just saddens me to be honest. He's different class out there, and seems to only want to leave for pretty justifiable reasons.

If anything today was a reminder of the difference true ability makes. Perreira and Matic barely looked like they were playing the same sport as Pogba.
He definitely wants to leave but at the end of the day, it is easy to understand why. it doesn't look like we will be good enough anytime soon. remember when we convinced him to jon he left a better team in Juve to join a project. A project that failed has been torn up and starts again. Is it really that bad that he maybe doesn't want to spend his prime at a team who may not even compete for titles?

Also, the vitriol and blame he receives when we got a million bigger issues that we are poor must take a toll on the man.

Himself and De Gea are always who I feel bad for. Our owner Ed and past managers haven't done them justice. They deserved to play with more players of their quality.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He’s just a whole different league in this team. Doesn’t press like the rest of the team but he makes up with his quality on the ball

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Can you not follow a player and support United at the same time?
So if Pogba goes to Real Madrid next season and we come up against them in the CL who do you support?

I like players from other clubs sure, but to follow them suggests supporting the club they play for.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
If Pogba applies himself properly, I'm fine with him. He makes us tick without even breaking much of a sweat so let's see how the system develops throughout the pre-season.
The backtracking begins.

Just a few days you were accusing him of disrupting the squad :lol:

Canagel

So if Pogba goes to Real Madrid next season and we come up against them in the CL who do you support?

I like players from other clubs sure, but to follow them suggests supporting the club they play for.
Who said that? Following is equal to supporting it's completely made up. There's nothing stopping you from supporting the club and player together if you want-Especially a supremly gifted one at that will have more people that wants to watch him.

I'm completely agreed with @TsuWave. As a fan of football first- I will also follow him. The guy is a genius on the field.

Last edited:

DoomSlayer

The backtracking begins.

Just a few days you were accusing him of disrupting the squad :lol:
It isn't backtracking at all. I've said all along that my support is for Ole - if he says we need Pogba and makes a case to motivate the player in being a part of our future, no problem.

My whole point was that I was happy with Ole building the side around Pogba before all the stuff that happened in the summer. There is no backtracking in that, whatever personal issues I have with the Frenchman are a different matter. Everything should be done in United's interests.

Last edited:

P-Nut

Who said that? Following is equal to supporting it's completely made up. There's nothing stopping you from supporting the club and player together if you want-Especially a supremly gifted one at that will have more people that wants to watch him.

I'm completely agreed with @TsuWave. As a fan of football first- I will also follow him. The guy is a genius on the field.
So don't you follow hundreds of players then by watching any team other than United?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s just so necessary. The idea of selling him is unfathomable to me. The only sad thing is that when he actually DOES play, it becomes very obvious how poor a side we are because he is significantly better than his teammates.

That needs to change urgently. At least a conversation with two other outfield players as to who our best is will make our team title contenders immediately.

Canagel

So don't you follow hundreds of players then by watching any team other than United?
Yes I watch football outside of United when it's possible and there are lots of players I follow and enjoy to see playing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I thought that's what most football fans do anyway. You can be a diehard football fan of a certain club but still follow how certain teams and players. Personally I don't have an issue with it as long as it stays reasonable

TsuWave

So who did you support before United then?
I didn’t support anyone before United. However, I do follow players I like that do not play for United. United is not the be all end all when it comes to football.

P-Nut

Yes I watch football outside of United when it's possible and there are lots of players I follow and enjoy to see playing.
I thought that's what most football fans do anyway. You can be a diehard football fan of a certain club but still follow how certain teams and players. Personally I don't have an issue with it as long as it stays reasonable
I didn’t support anyone before United. However, I do follow players I like that do not play for United. United is not the be all end all when it comes to football.
I live 10 minutes walking distance from Old Trafford :lol:
Seems I misinterpreted what you meant by follow to be honest. When the original post said follow you wherever you move to, it sounded as though you'd leave the team you're following now to support whatever team he went to.

I agree about following the progress of different players, however I can't imagine watching another team wanting a certain player to score. I usually just watch other teams as a neutral.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Always a quiet thread unless negativity to add.

I remain hopeful that we can get him to sign a new deal over the course of the season.

mancan92

Obviously the best player in the team and a level above everyone else. It's clear watching that football at that level is too easy for him. He needs to be at the heighest level with team mates who can match his ability its clear thats why he sometimes loses concentration.

mancan92

Personal opinion but to me its pretty clear its too easy for him. He needs to be playing against and with players that test him properly. Otherwise to entertain himself he starts showboating. When you look up and you see Lingard do you genuinely want to pass him the ball if your pogba?

marktan

Personal opinion but to me its pretty clear its too easy for him. He needs to be playing against and with players that test him properly. Otherwise to entertain himself he starts showboating. When you look up and you see Lingard do you genuinely want to pass him the ball if your pogba?
I don't disagree with the notion, he does try to do much for us, which often leads to hims losing the ball. Usually because the options to pass to, in midfield, up front or to the full backs, are dire.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
That’s the most bizarre “excuse” for his lapses in concentration I’ve ever seen. He’s a professional footballer ffs. The one and only reason he loses concentration is because he’s not concentrating hard enough.

Hopefully he’ll iron that out as he matures. He’s always struck me as quite immature in the way he plays, so might be someone that really blossoms once he hits his late twenties and develops into a properly seasoned pro. Time will tell.

mancan92

That’s the most bizarre “excuse” for his lapses in concentration I’ve ever seen. He’s a professional footballer ffs. The one and only reason he loses concentration is because he’s not concentrating hard enough.

Hopefully he’ll iron that out as he matures. He’s always struck me as quite immature in the way he plays, so might be someone that really blossoms once he hits his late twenties and develops into a properly seasoned pro. Time will tell.
Not really. Many players have that trait especially technical players. When he has the chance to play at a higher level he is more mature and passes more. As I said it helps when you know if you give the ball you might actually get it back and the team won't lose the ball for no reason.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Not really. Many players have that trait especially technical players. When he has the chance to play at a higher level he is more mature and passes more. As I said it helps when you know if you give the ball you might actually get it back and the team won't lose the ball for no reason.
Hesitating to pass to a team mate because they think they’re not good enough is a bad habit I’m trying to coach out of U-10 players every weekend. Most of them get over it by the time they’re 12. It would be an appalling flaw in an elite professional footballer’s game. Thankfully, I don’t think even Pogba is that immature.

clarkydaz

we finished 6th and were getting beat 4-0 by Everton, Wolves and Huddersfield. Also was nowhere to be seen against PSG and Barca. This is your logic after a preseason first half against a championship side?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Always a quiet thread unless negativity to add.

I remain hopeful that we can get him to sign a new deal over the course of the season.
I'd havz posted something but I was working today. Still managed to see a glimpse of that sublime pass no one else in our current team can pull off

Status
Not open for further replies.