6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

He did that vs Tottenham though. I see it as a form issue, uptil 2-3 games ago he was going past opposition players for fun, and now things aren't falling his way. The next 2 games will be pivotal for us but also for him whether he can recover his confidence/swagger. Otherwise it might be a repeat of last season where we were flying high with Ole but as Pogba's form wavered (along with Herrera out of the picture), we collapsed. He remains very important to our system even though partly Bruno has taken the load off him.
That Spurs cameo is what we need to see more often. The next two games are pivotal because he should be the fittest in the squad by now. That’s why we need him to step up whilst others are flagging.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So when we lose or draw is Ole not doing his job?
Nope. That’s a ridiculous statement and just silly. Many many factors go into that.

BTW: if you read my views on yesterday’s debacle I lay that firmly on ole. Should have played the B team and accepted the loss.

PS: on the rare occasion pogba performs I’m always in this thread crediting him too. He’s just not very good that often.

He'sRaldo

Nope. That’s a ridiculous statement and just silly. Many many factors go into that.

BTW: if you read my views on yesterday’s debacle I lay that firmly on ole. Should have played the B team and accepted the loss.
Fair enough. And I assume that you would think people calling for his sacking based on that would be kneejerk.

So surely you can see how some would find your post kneejerk, while still thinking that Pogba has made mistakes in the deeper role.

Betson

PS: on the rare occasion pogba performs I’m always in this thread crediting him too. He’s just not very good that often.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you here, I was excited by his early form in the reopening of the season and hoping we would see a new more focused Pogba from now on , but the last few games have see the return of the Pogba we are seen too much of since he came back the club, he just lets too many games pass him by without having any real impact on them.

SAFMUTD

What a player.
Insane stat, we must renew him asap. I dont see any player in the world that can offer what Pogba can in our current set up. The mix of physicallity with quality is outstanding.

SAFMUTD

Unfortunately I have to agree with you here, I was excited by his early form in the reopening of the season and hoping we would see a new more focused Pogba from now on, but the last few games have see the return of the Pogba we are seen too much of since he came back the club, he just lets too many games pass him by without having any real impact on them.
To be honest offensively he's been great, theres a metric I know one of those new metrics that we are not used to yet, its called PV (pass value) basically it analises the pass and how does it impact the possibility of a goal in the xG factor.

This is mostly usefull for players like the Xavi type, the ones that make the pass before the assist. In that Pogba has been outstanding, his passes add so much value that is not recognized as it does not affects the score directly, but thats the difference between having McTominay and Pogba with 90% pass accuracy with one team generating slim chances and the other one generating lots.

I think Pogba is a worldclass player, not many players in the world can do what he can. Its just that he's not a leader and he's not the type of player that carries the team with him, Bruno's arrival has been great for him as he took the spotlight away. The fact that Pogba's performances are perceived as "absent" eventhough his PV is great, talks a lot about how hard is to judge a midfielder, he can have a great game but ultimately is not his job to provide assist or score goals, and different from strikers or defenders the goal or clean sheet is not an absolute stat for them, thats why they will often be judged according to the team performance overall.

Hammondo

Imagine Guardiola coaching a midfield if Bruno Pogba and Matic
He wouldn't pick that midfield.
What? Just because he didnt come of the bench and change the game from 2-0 down to make us win he struggles with control?

By others, you mean Fred Mctominay Matic?

So the games we had control should be ones Pogba didnt start?

Did we have control in the first half v Spurs ? No
Did we have control v Norwhich? No
Did we control 1st hald yesterday? No.

So why is it that without Pogba we have no control?
Because as I said we lack the type of player that we need for it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Don't think Pogba is a typical Pep player at all. He'd purr at the good stuff he does but he'd lose his hair (if he had any haha) at all the stupid stuff he does too.

Only Bruno could play in that City side from our midfield and not make it worse. In a straight choice between KDB n Pogba for the B2B role......it's not even close.

Raven

I think Fred should be playing more. When Matic is off form our entire midfield goes to the dogs. Matic is absolutely wrecked now and it shows. If we could rotate Fred in a little more I think our results and performances would improve.

Tony247

Don't understand why he doesn't make runs in the box. He is tall, athletic with good technique and ball control. He can score many goals for united. Strange he prefers to sit around the box.

mu4c_20le

He had no time to react, only instinctively. Cue the coward comments, fraud, etc

Bobski

Forget the pen, he was abysmal apart from that. Mark Noble dominated that midfield, Mark Noble ffs.

Classical Mechanic

Penalty aside, extremely underwhelming performance at the pressure part of the season. The only player to have low minutes on the clock but performing like he has 4000 for the season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The penalty was bad to give away. But overall his performance was terrible. Not working near hard enough. Made Mark fecking Noble look like a prime Xavi.

Spent the whole game just standing in midfield passing it to Matic sideways. No better than Tom Cleverly.

I dont think he is good enough. Matic is the defensive midfielder and he looks a better midfielder than Pogba.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Most overrated player in the world. Thinks he can do better than United, reality is the way he's played since he joined, we should look to replace him as he has been fecking average. Plain average. fecking hilarious for anybody to claim he is anything more than a decent midfielder, as if they do, it just proves they haven't watched him play over the years. They see a youtube video and see his size and a random good piece of skill and think he's world class. Give me a fecking break. Guy doesn't know how to play in midfield, inconsistent, shit under pressure, and shit fitness.

Fosu-Mens

While PP got some outstanding abilities in the final third, having him continuously being part of a team attempting to play out of defence is asking for mistakes to happen. Similar to Fernandes he takes high risks, but Bruno takes them in the final third.

SER19

The guy isn't a winner or leader. Been lucky to play in a Juve team that were winning with eyes closed and by far the best team in Russia. Went hiding after his second goal giving mistake in consecutive home games. Has possible cost CL with both but worse than that responded with two terrible performances.

Gee Male

4 points dropped in our last 2 home games because of this coward.

His apologists will be out to defend him, but the bottom line is that he is not good enough because his mentality is not good enough. Can't depend on him.

Fuming here. Absolute coward's reaction.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Needed to step up after a stupid, needless mistake which could cost us top 4, and he didn’t. Really disappointing.

M16Red

He had no time to react, only instinctively. Cue the coward comments, fraud, etc
He was protecting his face, its human instinct. If someone boots a ball towards your face you can't control it.

As for the rest of that performance. He's fecking sh#t get him out.

Paul_Scholes18

Been poor recently. Do not create enough in that deeper role and doesn't work and fight enough to justify just having for simple passes.

luisnani86

Thought he was nothing short of disgraceful - utter cowardice for the penalty, and an inexcusably anonymous performance. Attempt to take the game by the scruff of the neck, or be thoroughly outplayed by Declan Rice. He chose the latter.

jesperjaap

Poor game from a very talented and at the same time over rated player. He should be at his peak now, yet still every single game he plays, even when he plays really well (which of course he didnt tonight), there are always instances of really sloppy play. Could totally excuse that from a young player, but not a supposedly world class player of his age.

RedIan

Looks leggy and almost disinterested again. Needs to find some energy in his game. Playing deep doesnt suit him, as he is a liability in possession in our half.

NinjaFletch

That was one of the most feckless, lazy performances I can remember.

Needs a fecking rocket.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not sure if he’s wasted in that role or crap at it. All he seems to do is be the middle man for the ball to go across to the wings. Also useless in defence so he didn’t really offer much.

el3mel

This is Pogba. A great talent but totally irresponsible and can only be good enough as a cog in the wheel rather than been the main start.

It's shame that he'll never reach the full potential of his talent thanks to this. He'll always be the second or third man at best in any successful team.

Status
Not open for further replies.