6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInOle

Yeah usually it's just a quick announcement and a photo with them signing, but it's a big deal for us to retain him and we know Pogba loves to make some noise.

Probably nothing related at all but would be fun and wind up the haters :D
Indeed it would! :lol: my hope is still strong!

Craig Ward

Surprised he's getting so much praise for his showing against Copenhagen.

I thought he was poor. Very poor.

He was good at defensive headers i'll give him that.

He's just not a good deep midfielder.

Raven

I think you're underrating him. He's been largely very good since the restart from the deeper role. I do think he should be playing a little higher up the pitch though and Bruno a little further back. There always seems to be too much space between our deep midfielders and Bruno.

I think you're underrating him. He's been largely very good since the restart from the deeper role. I do think he should be playing a little higher up the pitch though and Bruno a little further back. There always seems to be too much space between our deep midfielders and Bruno.
I think he’s been pretty average. However, he’s coming back from nearly a season out and in a different partnership. He’s not up to speed yet, clearly.

Not sure what his role is going to be. However, I think Bruno coming on and taking some of the burden off of him to try and do everything has to be positive.

I hope we see the real Pogba next season.

Bondi77

His haircuts seem to reflect his play,
When he has a non flashy unassuming haircut he is not flashy on the pitch and he gets the job done.
When he starts to roll his foot over the ball I start to worry.

criticalanalysis

Take Pogba's name and face off and this vid and most fans would be saying 'he looks like a tidy, defensively sound deep lying midfielder, who can play a good forward pass and has ability to run into open space with the ball. We should sign him to play with Pogba'.

ChaddyP

His haircuts seem to reflect his play,
When he has a non flashy unassuming haircut he is not flashy on the pitch and he gets the job done.
When he starts to roll his foot over the ball I start to worry.
feck off about his hairstyles for god sakes. It has nothing to do with anything pertaining to his football. No more than a white player full of tattoos is affected by the ink on his body

Bondi77

feck off about his hairstyles for god sakes. It has nothing to do with anything pertaining to his football. No more than a white player full of tattoos is affected by the ink on his body
Chill the feck out mate!
His hairstyle may reflect a sense of freedom or something new in his life and that may come out in his football.
Don't know about your life experiences but a woman with a new hairstyle may have subtle changes in the way she does things also.
Black players get tattoos as well if you haven't noticed.

Himannv

Hope we can get him on a new contract. I have to admit I've been concerned about how committed he is to the club, but he's made me change my mind now. Very pleased with his attitude and the way he's speaking now is a good sign of his commitment to the club. Long may it continue.

To keep this post on track for this thread, I like his performances as more of a DLP and value them more than the more attacking displays. We've needed that level of creativity from the deep for a while now.

Squeaky Bumtime

Was mentioned above here, but kinda drowned since everyone founs it (expectedly) underwhelming.

But yeah, you could also just check his twitter profile if you are curious about stuff like that. :)

Safe to say I'm not. :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:lol: how did I know you'd post something like that.

Statistically it was a good performance, to the eye he played very well. Whats the issue ffs?

I swear some of you don't know a good performance if it smacked you in the face.

Craig Ward

:lol: how did I know you'd post something like that.

Statistically it was a good performance, to the eye he played very well. Whats the issue ffs?

I swear some of you don't know a good performance if it smacked you in the face.
Clearly.....

He's better further forward. He's not utilising the best of his abilities when played so deep and gets caught out far too easily. Pretty simple really.

Just because i dont think he's world class and the sun shines out of his arse like the majority of fan boys doesnt make my opinion any less valued. I judge Pogba on what he actually does - not hype.

Posh Red

Clearly.....

He's better further forward. He's not utilising the best of his abilities when played so deep and gets caught out far too easily. Pretty simple really.

Just because i dont think he's world class and the sun shines out of his arse like the majority of fan boys doesnt make my opinion any less valued. I judge Pogba on what he actually does - not hype.
I thought Pogba played really well in the last match. Does that mean I'm a 'fan boy' too?

Honestly I find that one of the most irritating phrases on this forum.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Clearly.....

None of that has any relevance to his last performance does it?

You can't talk about him objectively, it's always your opinion rather than how he actually plays.

Yes he's better further forward, but for the team he is sacrificing that and playing a deeper role that Ole is asking him to do - and suddenly that's Pogba's error?

You clearly don't judge Pogba on what he does :lol: your post history is very clear on that.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was just watching the post-match talk on the Barcelona vs Bayern game and Rio, Hargreaves, and Lineker highlighted Goretzka's runs in behind.

I know we play a 4231, but this is what I want to see from Pogba every now and again, especially if we have Matic behind, who will dictate the pace of the game.

As we saw when Ole came in, he's absolutely unstoppable when he gets forward, and it provides a much-needed unpredictability to our game, especially against teams who play deep.

E-mal

Was just watching the post-match talk on the Barcelona vs Bayern game and Rio, Hargreaves, and Lineker highlighted Goretzka's runs in behind.

I know we play a 4231, but this is what I want to see from Pogba every now and again, especially if we have Matic behind, who will dictate the pace of the game.

As we saw when Ole came in, he's absolutely unstoppable when he gets forward, and it provides a much-needed unpredictability to our game, especially against teams who play deep.
Matic is no Thiago though and our defense has no pace. We are a bit careful as we can't play high line.

Yagami

Good post resistant

I reckon he's been instructed to stay deep with Matic because Matic can get overrun too easily. If he's up there with the other 4 leaving Matic as the lone sitter, we're going to be in trouble on the counter.

That's why a dm is so important. Not only because our current options aren't great, but because someone who can dictate the play, bring the ball out of defence and cover the pitch which would allow Pogba to join the attack more. Trouble is, we have players who can do one of those things but not all 3.

Holocene

Completely agree. Like this:

Pogba's size is a huge asset and we really should see him making runs into the box more. I can't help but feel he's being instructed to play deeper at the moment. It's a problem we have with Bruno playing so far forward. I'd much rather see us play with a 3 instead of a number 10 personally.

RUCK4444

Yes was eluding to this recently when somebody posed the question of whether Bruno is capable of dropping back and playing as a number 8.

I'd love to see Pogba get up the pitch at times. He brings something different because he has the physicality to go with the intricate passing which can be a great asset to breaking through a low block.

OldTrevil

I reckon he's been instructed to stay deep with Matic because Matic can get overrun too easily. If he's up there with the other 4 leaving Matic as the lone sitter, we're going to be in trouble on the counter.

That's why a dm is so important. Not only because our current options aren't great, but because someone who can dictate the play, bring the ball out of defence and cover the pitch which would allow Pogba to join the attack more. Trouble is, we have players who can do one of those things but not all 3.
For me Matic is the worst partner for Pogba especially against teams that will challenge us in midfield. On top of him keeping Pogba deeper, he makes him more risk averse in passing between the lines, because Paul knows that a ricochet or wrong bounce of the ball leading to a counter will more often than not be a killer for Matic and then Maguire behind him, both of them being vulnerable in transitions. Pogba provides everything that Matic gives you on the ball, so playing both in a game that we need to fight for midfield dominance is not only redundant but also essentially makes Pogba Matic's cover and runner, and greatly limits the former's offensive output.

Sevilla 2:1 Man Utd

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
In games like this against Sevilla, we need Pogba to run the show.

Maybe having him further up would have helped in the last minutes.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In games like this against Sevilla, we need Pogba to run the show.

Maybe having him further up would have helped in the last minutes.
I mean he did run the show. MOTM for me at least. Was probably his best defensive game for us I’ve seen in a long time, carried the ball excellently in midfield, and made a few fantastic long passes. Him and Bruno were much more in sync today I thought, and Fred provided a ton of energy behind them.

MDFC Manager

Decent enough performance, should have had an assist at the end of the first half when Rashford fecked it up.

mu4c_20le

He was good. Sevilla marked him very well and he had no chance to shoot whenever he got the ball

Dan_F

He can’t really do much more playing that deep. Does feel like we lose something having him playing that kind of role.

Status
Not open for further replies.