6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Exactly, once he leaves and people watch clips of what Pogba will be doing in Spain, alot will be saying why could't he do this at United where in actual fact he is but the fans want to see the negative bits of Pogba first.

Pretend? I do not condone any abuse in stadiums but look at Pogba end of last season getting abused, and after missing a penalty. Which Pogba has every right to take, because he is our penalty taker and everyone keeps reminding me that of his goals last season how many were penalties.

Pogba is not just our best player on paper, on the pitch as well, you will see this when he misses a game or two and we will look completely shit.
On paper, problem is he doesn't prove it as much as he should. As for the stadium he was abused by one (1) fan and it has become a story like the whole OT booed him.. He maybe was our pen taker but he missed 4 and has an awful record in penalties.
Honestly I don't get this huge love for him, like in eyes of some he can do no wrong. He's treated like an United legend sometimes.

In the same time Rashford is called thick, stupid, an idiot but I guess that's all right.

romufc

On paper, problem is he doesn't prove it as much as he should. As for the stadium he was abused by one (1) fan and it has become a story like the whole OT booed him.. He maybe was our pen taker but he missed 4 and has an awful record in penalties.
Honestly I don't get this huge love for him, like in eyes of some he can do no wrong. He's treated like an United legend sometimes.

In the same time Rashford is called thick, stupid, an idiot but I guess that's all right.
I agree partly that he hasnt done what most people expected him, I still have hope for him to show what he is capable of. The one thing which we haven't seen and I know Paul Pogba can produce is those absolute worldies from 20-30 yards out. I want to see him produce 2/3 this year.

Ban

I agree partly that he hasnt done what most people expected him, I still have hope for him to show what he is capable of. The one thing which we haven't seen and I know Paul Pogba can produce is those absolute worldies from 20-30 yards out. I want to see him produce 2/3 this year.
Agreed. He absolutely has it in him to be a great player, a true midfield giant, up until now he just showed glimpses of it. Still inconsistent, but as @JPRouve said he's 26 and the best is still to come maybe.

Alabaster Codify7

Pogba's our most talented player but let's be honest, it's never gonna work is it.

Even at our most successful with him - finishing 2nd - he never seemed delighted to be here and the media just will not leave him alone. They seem to have taken serious Umbridge with him being a flashy black player who flaunts his off-field persona - it certainly seems that way to me and I'm no social justice warrior. They just have an unnatural obsession with him whether he's performing or not.

That might be part of the reason for his unhappiness, it might not be. Either way, he wants out and it's never gonna pan out here for us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

I go to games and I am from England. Believe me Rashford isn't criticised anywhere close to Pogba. I was sat next to Mason Greenwood's Dad during the Chelsea game and during one moment in the game one particular chap shouted "You black" ... towards Pogba before realizing he better not complete the sentence for fear of getting a good hiding from quite a few that were surprised by what they thought he was about to say.

In the gym, in the town, on the radio/tv. No player at United is more villified than Pogba.

Ban

I go to games and I am from England. Believe me Rashford isn't criticised anywhere close to Pogba. I was sat next to Mason Greenwood's Dad during the Chelsea game and during one moment in the game one particular chap shouted "You black" ... towards Pogba before realizing he better not complete the sentence for fear of getting a good hiding from quite a few that were surprised by what they thought he was about to say.

In the gym, in the town, on the radio/tv. No player at United is more villified than Pogba.
I was talking about this place. Obviously you know better about other things happening there.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Any idea as to why Pogba has stopped taking freekicks lately? First season he was taking them and also having a go from distance. Would love to see more of this throughout the season..

fergiesarmy1

Any idea as to why Pogba has stopped taking freekicks lately? First season he was taking them and also having a go from distance. Would love to see more of this throughout the season..
He has scored 4 free kicks in 354 games, not sure how many attempts he has had though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Rashford stole them off him.

All jokes aside it seems they prefer his height in the box, he's scored a few headers in the past.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Its puzzling me why Pogba is playing on the right side of the pivot and McT on the left when they would both normally be more comfortable on the other side of the pitch- why is this? Can someone enlighten me please. Ta

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Its puzzling me why Pogba is playing on the right side of the pivot and McT on the left when they would both normally be more comfortable on the other side of the pitch- why is this? Can someone enlighten me please. Ta
Pogba playing on right side means he will have AWB to cover him and also Pogba will fill the attacking void on the right side. It brings balance to the team.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I see to remember that some posters thought that @kouroux and I hated Pogba because we weren't as complimentary as a lot of people were. I'm pretty sure that someone was shocked when I suggested that he wasn't even top 10 among midfielders and definitely not Juventus best midfielder.
I remember those discussions indeed. The huge fee created an unreal level of expectation. I still think not many people seriously watched beyond youtube compilations prior to his arrival.

MetoTTT

The same reason Rash, Martial, Ronaldo etc who are right footed and more comfortable on the left and Robben, Messi etc (lefties) more comfortable on the right.

He'sRaldo

IIRC the crowd did boo him in a game, after Mourinho scapegoated him. Yet another thing I really didn't like about last season, along with the Fellaini booing.

We really shouldn't start booing our players just because we're in a slump.

Last edited:

romufc

Rashford stole them off him.

All jokes aside it seems they prefer his height in the box, he's scored a few headers in the past.
But Rashford doesn't cross them in.

Rashford barely even gets the freekicks on target. I thought he was good when he hit a few now, I have no hope.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
But Rashford doesn't cross them in.

Rashford barely even gets the freekicks on target. I thought he was good when he hit a few now, I have no hope.
Rashford tries to hit them too hard and ends up screwing it. He'd be better off relaxing and just concentrated on hitting the target and letting the rest do the work.

romufc

Rashford tries to hit them too hard and ends up screwing it. He'd be better off relaxing and just concentrated on hitting the target and letting the rest do the work.
Exactly, but what bothers me is that he must be scoring them in training?

The last right footer to score a free kick was Young away to Watford?

How many did we score last season?

roykeane19

If he leaves I sadly dont blame him, first hes the best player on the pitch by a mile. Hes the only one who gets booed by fans for soem reason. Gets constantly villifed and has fabricated stories of him on tabloids. Pundits are joining in the bandwagon just to have an easy topic to bitch about.
The club is not bringing in players of his level, instaed we go one step forward and 2 steps backwards every fecking year, look hwo thina nd bereft of quality we are in midfield and attack.
If i was him with his quality of the club dont want to improve, you only have once chance as a footballer in your prime, may as well win thr big stuff that you should be winning at United that was once a big club. But sadly the mentality from the people in charge and especially the fans who are very accepting of our downward decline oddly enough.

All the other big clubs there fans would have went berserk if eg, RM, Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, kept finishing in the europa league and out of the top 4, thered be riots.

But our fans really are a special bunch, theyll boo their best player because hes a foreigner, but not voice concersn or make any meaningful demonstration in the 7 years since SAF left and the shambles were in

reddevil80

Oh, please, have you ever watched him live over a full season? He looks half decent against mediocre teams, and vanishes against competitive teams.

A pure show pony this lad. Some of the comments on this forum are laughable. :D
Ok, and yet the big clubs from around europe would welcome him with open arms and a lot of my mates who support various teams would snap our hands off if we were to put him up for sale! Not a bad show pony I feel, oh and yeah, I tend to get to Old Trafford on at least 8 occasions each season and have since the 80's. Moved from Manchester in the 90's so not always easy to get there so watch at pubs and bars whenever I can.

romufc

But our fans really are a special bunch, theyll boo their best player because hes a foreigner, but not voice concersn or make any meaningful demonstration in the 7 years since SAF left and the shambles were i
Correct, it is absurd that fans are booing Pogba. He has actually been very respectful considering who his agent is. He came out and said he wants a new challenge, who wouldn't when you are probably the best CM in the world. You wand to be challenging for titles, champions league. We are happy to even get 4th.

izzydiggler

Correct, it is absurd that fans are booing Pogba. He has actually been very respectful considering who his agent is. He came out and said he wants a new challenge, who wouldn't when you are probably the best CM in the world. You wand to be challenging for titles, champions league. We are happy to even get 4th.
The notion that Pogba gets booed because he’s foreign is laughable. Also, it’s not as if the whole stadium boos him every time he gets the ball and cheers everyone else. At what point do Pogba acolytes admit that any criticism around Pogba MIGHT be because of how he plays? A lot of fans on here think he’s overrated, most fans of other clubs I speak to also do, he gets criticism from many pundits...do you think they’re all racist xenophobes or could it maybe that his performances merit criticism a lot of the time, especially as he’s apparently a world class superstar, who is a leader.

As for being respectful, he’s very adapt at at least being complicit in a constant circus around him - I think you’d have to be incredibly naive to suggest he has nothing to do with it. He also has made comments on record about wanting a new challenge, his agent saying he wants to leave...he knows exactly what he’s doing.

romufc

The notion that Pogba gets booed because he’s foreign is laughable. Also, it’s not as if the whole stadium boos him every time he gets the ball and cheers everyone else. At what point do Pogba acolytes admit that any criticism around Pogba MIGHT be because of how he plays? A lot of fans on here think he’s overrated, most fans of other clubs I speak to also do, he gets criticism from many pundits...do you think they’re all racist xenophobes or could it maybe that his performances merit criticism a lot of the time, especially as he’s apparently a world class superstar, who is a leader.

As for being respectful, he’s very adapt at at least being complicit in a constant circus around him - I think you’d have to be incredibly naive to suggest he has nothing to do with it. He also has made comments on record about wanting a new challenge, his agent saying he wants to leave...he knows exactly what he’s doing.
I don't think it is just because he is foreign. How he plays? Pogba came in at the age of 23 and we have never looked like challenging or playing football that Pogba wants to play. Jose was very critical of Pogba, and alot of journalists criticism is baseless. There are alot more Manutd players who have done less than him.
Fans who think we will be better of without him are deluded, he is our talisman.

Read interviews about players who have playes with him, Ole's statements about how Pogba is brilliant in the dressing room yet he is portrayed to be a disruptive influence?

How he plays? You cannot expect a world class player to be a magician when the rest of the team is piss poor. This season, where we have improved and Pogba seems be enjoying his new role.

I can't think of any player who doesn't make mistakes?

izzydiggler

I don't think it is just because he is foreign. How he plays? Pogba came in at the age of 23 and we have never looked like challenging or playing football that Pogba wants to play. Jose was very critical of Pogba, and alot of journalists criticism is baseless. There are alot more Manutd players who have done less than him.
Fans who think we will be better of without him are deluded, he is our talisman.

Read interviews about players who have playes with him, Ole's statements about how Pogba is brilliant in the dressing room yet he is portrayed to be a disruptive influence?

How he plays? You cannot expect a world class player to be a magician when the rest of the team is piss poor. This season, where we have improved and Pogba seems be enjoying his new role.

I can't think of any player who doesn't make mistakes?
You literally responded “Correct” to the statement “But our fans really are a special bunch, theyll boo their best player because hes a foreigner, but not voice concersn or make any meaningful demonstration in the 7 years since SAF left and the shambles were i”.

Anyway, I’m done debating about Pogba - excuse after excuse, always someone else, never him. It’s like a cult with some people, who can’t accept any criticism of their ‘messiah’. I don’t know how people can watch him and only see a world class player, who puts his all in and is only held back by his team mates, who’ll be incredible at other teams but bears not responsibility for our current situation. I think he’s an underwhelming great talent - I don’t hate or boo him, don’t want him sold and he can do some wonderful things, just the whole package is often mediocre and it’s been like that for 3 years and several rungs below the best players in the world.

I’m out and won’t respond...I think when he moves to Madrid, he’ll be in for a shock where fans will expect a lot more and will be a lot more vocal in their displeasure.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Strange situation when your best player is so often a massive liability.

Jacob

He's not healthy for us right now, regardless of how much talent he has.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He gambled in midfield and it cost a goal in the end, but he gambled in the opponent half, the way that sequence played out for the goal is far more on the defense than on Pogba IMO.

mancan92

Heh he will get pelters from people but again only player trying to drive us forward. He lost the ball yes but that was inside Palaces half we still had 6 players back to cover. Why didnt one of them get in before the shot.

youmeletsfly

Strange situation when your best player is a liability indeed.

Strange situation when the same player is the onoy decent one in the whole 11 bar the keeper

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
A few moments of graft within yet another tardy and unenthusiastic performance from our supposed best player.

leet

I literally hate Pogba. Hate his manager, hate his attitude on field, hate his media comments. I'm tired of everything related with him. We won't make top4 with or without him, just sell him to Real Madrid while there's still time.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Did very well for the goal. Some other decent balls, some that weren't controlled (Lingard).

Lost the ball with a lack of awareness or thinking he can waltz around with it, and it costing us.

Classic Pogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.