Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

Pokemon master
While not exactly the most reliable source, PhysioRoom has him down for an expected return date of 22/12/19.

It'll be interesting to see if he comes back in at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved in January. However, with reasonably big names in Sanchez and Smalling expected to make their moves permanent, it'd look a bit worrying (especially to investors) if we let Pogba go in January along with those two and didn't bring in a big name / hot talent to improve the squad. I mean, it's highly possible if we officially sell those three we'd have a net profit of close to £100m from transfers in/out in the two respective windows (which would be even more profit if we include the January before for a full circle year-long approach due to the sale of Fellaini).

Odds are Pogba comes back in and plays the rest of the season in a more advanced role and does pretty well, then probably leaves in the Summer. I don't think it'll effect our future plans too much regardless of what happens for the remainder of the season, as Pogba/Lingard/Andreas/Mata are our number 10's and if Pogba leaves, it doesn't matter who plays in that position as it's so likely we sign someone who is going straight into the first 11 in that role. None of these guys are going to be first choice/

DoomSlayer

Might make Boxing Day then.
For fecks sake, I was hoping Pogba makes the bench against Everton. McTominay didn't even train with the squad before the Spurs game and came in immediately to give a strong performance.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
For fecks sake, I was hoping Pogba makes the bench against Everton. McTominay didn't even train with the squad before the Spurs game and came in immediately to give a strong performance.
Thats because McTominay cares about the club and getting fit asap.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Give it a rest, Pogba's suffered from a much more serious injury that he aggravated in a bid to rush back to fitness.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Why do people still keep saying ‘IF’ he ever comes back? No media can even be bothered to link him with a January move. Where do you think he’s going? You’re selling him to clubs who are not even trying to buy him!

Santoryo

ripping the reward
You have no idea how lots like you are unbelievable annoying. Going through these threads, the likes of you are everywhere, downright unbearable and nightmarish.

Shimo

Quite a different situation. When you are in a cast for a long time or for bigger injuries, you lose stability/muscle and there is rehab process to just getting back to where he can even train. McTomminay was out only a couple weeks and had been playing a lot, was pretty close to being match fit.

Think if people go back to some of Ole's comments after he went out from the Rochdale game, he gave a timeline of mid to late December. There was a bit of hope when the cast came of early that the timeline would be pushed up a bit but, then apparently they found it hadn't completely healed.

He'll be back hopefully soon enough and no way he is going in Jan - don't see any club spending 120m+ on him then.

DoomSlayer

Quite a different situation. When you are in a cast for a long time or for bigger injuries, you lose stability/muscle and there is rehab process to just getting back to where he can even train. McTomminay was out only a couple weeks and had been playing a lot, was pretty close to being match fit.

Think if people go back to some of Ole's comments after he went out from the Rochdale game, he gave a timeline of mid to late December. There was a bit of hope when the cast came of early that the timeline would be pushed up a bit but, then apparently they found it hadn't completely healed.

He'll be back hopefully soon enough and no way he is going in Jan - don't see any club spending 120m+ on him then.
I'm just desperate to have him back and help us string a sequence of good results, it breeds confidence and it could genuinely turn our season around after a horrific start.

3KDré

Do you remember when Pogba cut back his holiday from winning the World Cup to play the mighty Leicester? Must not care much.

Shimo

I'm just desperate to have him back and help us string a sequence of good results, it breeds confidence and it could genuinely turn our season around after a horrific start.
Just seen this United in house interview with him about the 4000th consecutive game with academy player in the squad. Playing amateur psychologist, he talks with real passion about the club and also how he has been talking to the youth guys coming through, telling them to take their shot. For someone that supposedly wants out or on his way out, doesn't make sense for the club to do a 12+ minute video and for him to try so hard with the kids.

Am with you, can't wait to have him back. I think with current form, especially if he is freed up playing ahead of Fred/McT and having 3 of Martial/Rashford/James/Lingard to play into, he'll be really up for what he does best.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Just seen this United in house interview with him about the 4000th consecutive game with academy player in the squad. Playing amateur psychologist, he talks with real passion about the club and also how he has been talking to the youth guys coming through, telling them to take their shot. For someone that supposedly wants out or on his way out, doesn't make sense for the club to do a 12+ minute video and for him to try so hard with the kids.

Am with you, can't wait to have him back. I think with current form, especially if he is freed up playing ahead of Fred/McT and having 3 of Martial/Rashford/James/Lingard to play into, he'll be really up for what he does best.
It's why I don't see him leaving. For someone who loves a bit of attention - he won't get it anywhere the way he gets it at United & saying that - he grew up here - I don't think it's impossible for him to be bleeding red like the rest of the youth squad.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This guy is steroids to an inform team. It's been a blessing in disguise with him away as it's really made our forward players dig deep and become accountable for the teams' success. They've grown as a result.

DoomSlayer

I hope you are right, my man. So is that a new interview you are talking about? If so, I have to check it out.

Gasolin

I hope you are right, my man. So is that a new interview you are talking about? If so, I have to check it out.
Yeah it's on the website. He does seem involved. Either he's a good actor or maybe he wants to come back and play for the team, bring them up there.

tjb

Even if Pogba returns, we seriously need to sell him. Personally I don't feel his languid more than two touches approach to the game is suited to the premier league. It slows down what is clearly a counter attacking team and keeps us relatively weak defensively. We can sell him and sort our midfield out with 2 midfielders( 1 attacking, on central).

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
This guy is steroids to an inform team. It's been a blessing in disguise with him away as it's really made our forward players dig deep and become accountable for the teams' success. They've grown as a result.
I think this is a good point. Hopefully Pogba responds well to the challenge, he should realistically come in and improve his own game and stability. Not a lot of excuses for him now if the team actually does it's job around him. We have a far more balanced team than before, at least when everyone is injury-free and on form. More is asked of everyone in terms of team work and it has worked for us so it is a challenge for him to fit in and perform under that premise.

Milo2035

Even if Pogba returns, we seriously need to sell him. Personally I don't feel his languid more than two touches approach to the game is suited to the premier league. It slows down what is clearly a counter attacking team and keeps us relatively weak defensively. We can sell him and sort our midfield out with 2 midfielders( 1 attacking, on central).
Really ???? He's clearly the best player for a counterattacking team.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do you remember when Pogba cut back his holiday from winning the World Cup to play the mighty Leicester? Must not care much.
I just don't understand what Paul Pogba has done to earn the ire from some of the fans like the one you replied to. Every time we hear from a source within the club it's always about how Paul is a professional through and through, despite what he might want. There is no doubt within the club that Paul will deliver on the pitch when he is fit and ready.

Pogba stated this summer that "maybe its time for a new challenge". - That's it. That's the only thing Pogba has done that has cast doubt on his commitment to the club. He returned from his first injury against Rochdale of all teams. Was promptly injured again, and has been in a cast for weeks on end.

He's posted rehab videos from Miami, where the club sent him (warm climate)
He's posted the video of the cast being sawn off
He's posted video of rebab work being done at Carringont

And not once ever whined about playing for the club in public.

So, can someone PLEASE tell me where are you getting this notion from that he's faking it, that he's not committed, or that he doesn't want to hang out with you?

He'sRaldo

This is the first time we've been coached in this direct way. All the attackers used to have that languid approach under Mourinho and van Gaal, so who knows how he'll be under Ole.

The glimpse we saw of him as an attacker under Ole was very good, so I'm sure there's nothing to worry about there.

Shimo

I just don't understand what Paul Pogba has done to earn the ire from some of the fans like the one you replied to. Every time we hear from a source within the club it's always about how Paul is a professional through and through, despite what he might want. There is no doubt within the club that Paul will deliver on the pitch when he is fit and ready.

Pogba stated this summer that "maybe its time for a new challenge". - That's it. That's the only thing Pogba has done that has cast doubt on his commitment to the club. He returned from his first injury against Rochdale of all teams. Was promptly injured again, and has been in a cast for weeks on end.

He's posted rehab videos from Miami, where the club sent him (warm climate)
He's posted the video of the cast being sawn off
He's posted video of rebab work being done at Carringont

And not once ever whined about playing for the club in public.

So, can someone PLEASE tell me where are you getting this notion from that he's faking it, that he's not committed, or that he doesn't want to hang out with you?
Am with you here - it's been a weird one. As you said he's only once said anything and Railoa does what he always does, shops around looking to see what interest he can generate for his players but, even that was like a momentary blip and not the way he normally carries on when they are really pushing for a move. Madrid have tried to do their normal thing of unsettling a player through stories.

He's only been professional but, some have just made up stuff in their heads that he is adamant about wanting out and that he is faking injury till January window opens.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Am with you here - it's been a weird one. As you said he's only once said anything and Railoa does what he always does, shops around looking to see what interest he can generate for his players but, even that was like a momentary blip and not the way he normally carries on when they are really pushing for a move. Madrid have tried to do their normal thing of unsettling a player through stories.

He's only been professional but, some have just made up stuff in their heads that he is adamant about wanting out and that he is faking injury till January window opens.
Rooney rightly got slated for saying he wanted to leave so why shouldn't Pogba? Pogba, his agent and his brother have made it clear he wants to leave and the only reason he's still here is because the club (rightfully) wanted so much money for him. It's not the first time he's been mentioned with leaving the club. In January 2018 Raiola offered him to City but Pep didn't want to know. Why should the supporters show loyalty when the player obviously doesn't want to be here?

laughtersassassin

It will be funny seeing what their imaginations come up with when he is still here in Feb.

laughtersassassin

Rooney rightly got slated for saying he wanted to leave so why shouldn't Pogba? Pogba, his agent and his brother have made it clear he wants to leave and the only reason he's still here is because the club (rightfully) wanted so much money for him. It's not the first time he's been mentioned with leaving the club. In January 2018 Raiola offered him to City but Pep didn't want to know. Why should the supporters show loyalty when the player obviously doesn't want to be here?
And to that Pogba said it was all talk and don't believe the shite you hear.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
And to that Pogba said it was all talk and don't believe the shite you hear.
All talk? Pogba admitted himself he wants a new challenge elsewhere, Raiola has quoted that everyone at United knows Paul wants to leave and Pogbas brother has said Paul wants to leave for Madrid. Add to that Guardiola has said Raiola offered Pogba to City in January 2018 hardly makes it shite you hear. Straight from the horses mouth.

laughtersassassin

All talk? Pogba admitted himself he wants a new challenge elsewhere, Raiola has quoted that everyone at United knows Paul wants to leave and Pogbas brother has said Paul wants to leave for Madrid. Add to that Guardiola has said Raiola offered Pogba to City in January 2018 hardly makes it shite you hear. Straight from the horses mouth.
It was all talk. Pogba wants to leave. That is fine. We aren't very good. Player careers are short. He never wanted to join City and never tried too. Just like he won't be leaving in Jan, isn't trying to and has not for one minute faked an injury like so many pretend he has.

He might leave in the summer and that is ok. He clearly loves United but when he joined he was sold a United that was going to improve not go into another rebuild. Top players can't wait around forever.

Nothing wrong with wanting to leave an underperforming club. Also so many people hating him doesn't help. Like last season he was our top everything and in the last game of the season he gets boo'd and abused by matchgoing fans while players who where terrible all season like Ashley young had their name sung. Why?

Even Herrera who announced he was leaving got a standing ovation. Pogba had been treated poorly by fans who hate that he can't carry an entire team.

The whole signing was just bad timing, considering we are always looking for a scapegoat. Notice we don't do better without him. He wasn't as good as we had hoped but let's be honest no one is in such a bad team, and that's the truth.

What Raiola does is irrelevant considering Pogba would clearly never play for City.

Keefy18

Rooney was a lot different lets be honest here. He threatened to leave to a club rival.

Pogba simply stated "it might be time for a new challenge".

He's never tried to force any move, he returned early from post World Cup break to play for us, returned early this season to play against bloody Rochdale.

But the narrative spun is he wants out.

He's wanted out since the day he returned from Juve and yet he is still here.

DoomSlayer

Rooney was a lot different lets be honest here. He threatened to leave to a club rival.
So most of the time we don't believe the media spin, but we do in Rooney's case? Did Sir Alex say he was pushing for a transfer to City? And why would Rooney want to go to City when they were not on our level at all at that point?

Keefy18

So most of the time we don't believe the media spin, but we do in Rooney's case? Did Sir Alex say he was pushing for a transfer to City? And why would Rooney want to go to City when they were not on our level at all at that point?
2010 happened. Far as I'm aware its not gossip.

Later in 2013 there was another rumor of a transfer request.

Lots of players have done it over the years, I mean we still blow smoke up Ronaldo's arse and he's treated the club like crap. He demanded a move and only stayed a final year thanks to SAF. Then almost every year there is stories of him coming back and he never once does anything to stop the rumors by saying its just gossip.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/18/wayne-rooney-manchester-city-united

DoomSlayer

2010 happened. Far as I'm aware its not gossip.

Later in 2013 there was another rumor of a transfer request.

Lots of players have done it over the years, I mean we still blow smoke up Ronaldo's arse and he's treated the club like crap. He demanded a move and only stayed a final year thanks to SAF. Then almost every year there is stories of him coming back and he never once does anything to stop the rumors by saying its just gossip.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/oct/18/wayne-rooney-manchester-city-united
Again, why do we believe what the media say in Rooney's case but not in everyone else's?

Guardiola publicly said that Pogba was offered to City and I'd say from then on the relationship between the player and Mourinho became the worst it ever was. Is that a coincidence? It was said by an actual manager, not some journalist who gets his money from creating narratives.

Apokalips

He's been repeatedly mentioned as going to see the youngsters and encouraging the academy kids. Always painted by those in the know as a great guy around the club. He's said the club and Manchester is home, Conte and others also repeated that Pogba always wanted to come home.

He came back after the World Cup and had no break because he wanted to get our season started. He rushed back against Rochdale played 90 then played injured vs Arsenal, but still there is a weird agenda amongst some that are so desperate to make everyone believe he's a horrible human who hates the club. It's so weird, sad and very disappointing to see how eager fans are to not support one of our own.

Being critical of a players ability and performances is fair, the rest of these things I see are weird.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
It was all talk. Pogba wants to leave. That is fine. We aren't very good. Player careers are short. He never wanted to join City and never tried too. Just like he won't be leaving in Jan, isn't trying to and has not for one minute faked an injury like so many pretend he has.

He might leave in the summer and that is ok. He clearly loves United but when he joined he was sold a United that was going to improve not go into another rebuild. Top players can't wait around forever.

Nothing wrong with wanting to leave an underperforming club. Also so many people hating him doesn't help. Like last season he was our top everything and in the last game of the season he gets boo'd and abused by matchgoing fans while players who where terrible all season like Ashley young had their name sung. Why?

Even Herrera who announced he was leaving got a standing ovation. Pogba had been treated poorly by fans who hate that he can't carry an entire team.

The whole signing was just bad timing, considering we are always looking for a scapegoat. Notice we don't do better without him. He wasn't as good as we had hoped but let's be honest no one is in such a bad team, and that's the truth.

What Raiola does is irrelevant considering Pogba would clearly never play for City.
I don't believe for one second that Pogba has been faking his injury but I do question his loyalty to the club. There's been too much talk the last few years about him wanting to leave for it not to be true with Pogba and his entourage being the main culprits themselves in these sources. I'm fine with Pogba if he wants to leave. If he stays because we offer him a bumper paycheck then I'm fine with that too but if he wants to be paid superstar wages then it's only fair that we expect superstar performances or else Pogba will keep being critisized. Nothing wrong with that if it's warranted.

It's true Pogba brings out different emotions in people but I try not to be blinkered by any player. I can see why people question his attitude when he's on the pitch because let's face it some of his performances have been highly questionable but I can also see why he's adored by so many because he is our best player when he's on his game. The truth is always somewhere in the middle and if you're confused about why he was booed in our last game of the season don't be. One or 2 idiots doesn't mean it's a trend. Fellaini received much worse.

Raiola offered Pogba to that exact same club rival and I'd doubt very much if he would do that without Pogbas consent. If Guardiola had of said yes then everyone of us would now be seeing Pogba with contempt but as Guardiola said no some of us are still sceptical about how much United really means to Pogba.

Keefy18

Again, why do we believe what the media say in Rooney's case but not in everyone else's?

Guardiola publicly said that Pogba was offered to City and I'd say from then on the relationship between the player and Mourinho became the worst it ever was. Is that a coincidence? It was said by an actual manager, not some journalist who gets his money from creating narratives.
Why would Rooney deny the second request happening but not the first?

Here's the man himself confirming he handed in a request.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/169015.html

Like I say its "it's possibly time for a new challenge" vs "Transfer request". There's a massive difference.

I don't believe for one second that Pogba has been faking his injury but I do question his loyalty to the club. There's been too much talk the last few years about him wanting to leave for it not to be true with Pogba and his entourage being the main culprits themselves in these sources. I'm fine with Pogba if he wants to leave. If he stays because we offer him a bumper paycheck then I'm fine with that too but if he wants to be paid superstar wages then it's only fair that we expect superstar performances or else Pogba will keep being critisized. Nothing wrong with that if it's warranted.
Largely all gossip. Nothing til this summer at all from him saying he wanted out.

His actions show a player happy here, you know..returning early from his time off to play for the club? Risking further injury to play vs Rochdale this season?

Raiola offered Pogba to that exact same club rival and I'd doubt very much if he would do that without Pogbas consent. If Guardiola had of said yes then everyone of us would now be seeing Pogba with contempt but as Guardiola said no some of us are still sceptical about how much United really means to Pogba.

Why is there only heat on Pogba for Raiola's actions?

I mean why are folks forgetting all the rest of the players Raiola has had at the club in recent years?

Zlatan? Mikha? Lukaku (at one point)?

That's an agents job to get his clients the best possible deal, it happens throughout the game.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
It's funny how whenever you watch any analysis on United these days so many don't even mention Pogba anymore. Imagine if he does stay, what a player to be able to call on

DoomSlayer

Why would Rooney deny the second request happening but not the first?

Here's the man himself confirming he handed in a request.

http://en.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/169015.html

Like I say its "it's possibly time for a new challenge" vs "Transfer request". There's a massive difference.
He might have made a verbal transfer request to Sir Alex, doesn't mean he requested to join City. This is pure speculation based on media reports, whereas my point about Pogba being offered to City is based on facts, so this whole debate is a non-entity in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.