Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkarl

Okay that's debatable.

But really, imagine playing Paul Pogba deeper to play Jesse fecking Lingard. I well never understand why this clueless manager never tries to play pogba at 10 and play Matic/Fred deeper.
He was absolute dog shit at 10 after Lingard came off

Always an excuse

When he plays at 10 he needs to be deep, then left of a 3 with Pele and Genghis Khan next to him or maybe right centre free role with 26 diagonal runners.

Quit the mentalist mind bend whenever he sucks and accept he's nowhere near as good as everyone thought and looks as bad as anybody in the team.

Compare him to Auba yesterday who is an actual world class player who shows how much better he is in an equally poor team or Kante at Chelsea who plays incredible football regardless of what clowns play next to him.

Just sell him because the circus around him and the army of white knights he's got online is unbearable and beaten perhaps exclusively by Özil fanboys in rabid delusion

Suedesi

He was absolute dog shit at 10 after Lingard came off

Always an excuse

When he plays at 10 he needs to be deep, then left of a 3 with Pele and Genghis Khan next to him or maybe right centre free role with 26 diagonal runners.

Quit the mentalist mind bend whenever he sucks and accept he's nowhere near as good as everyone thought and looks as bad as anybody in the team.

Compare him to Auba yesterday who is an actual world class player who shows how much better he is in an equally poor team or Kante at Chelsea who plays incredible football regardless of what clowns play next to him.

Just sell him because the circus around him and the army of white knights he's got online is unbearable and beaten perhaps exclusively by Özil fanboys in rabid delusion
Arsenal had Torreira practically man-marking him on the first hour, so he had little chances to make an impact, but he still put Rashford through on goal, had a good shot in the second half and generally kept it moving. Wasn't awful by any means.

DRM

He's our best player, but he's playing with shit teammates week in week out, so understandably the joy has been sucked out of his game.

Yeah I get it, he should show a lot more, but I see no movement in front of him, no ball carrier in midfield and no outlet on the RW, so his passing options are limited and he's got to try silly dribbles because every one else is marked.
I totally get what you mean. Very similar to my work life, I was once in an envirovnent working with people who had no idea what they were doing or were just simply incompetent and it made me so demotivated. Now, I'm working for a top firm with really clever people and everyday I work hard because I'm motivated to do well. I have a feeling pogba is feeling the same

Halal Jalal

Once again, the only creative outlet in this clueless team.

Once again, offensive maestro like PP forced to be our deepest (!) midfielder collecting short passes from CB and LB, because there's no one else capable of basic playmaking.

What a waste of generational talent.

Terminator

Pogba was sitting deep in midfield so that Lingard could show his creative genius up front.:lol:

Wilt

One of the most overrated players ever to play in the prem. Yes, he can show flashes of genius but there are several/many premiership players who do the same but without all the narcissistic self admiration as Pogba.

He now reportedly wants €600,000 a week if he’s to stay ...well as far as I’m concerned he can feck off and when he gets there feck off again.

For what it’s worth, Mourinho was right about him.

snowkarl

Once again, offensive maestro like PP forced to be our deepest (!) midfielder collecting short passes from CB and LB, because there's no one else capable of basic playmaking.

Your posts Legitimately read like satire and if I didn't know you two had an extensive, thousands of posts long apologia of PP I would think you were taking the piss out of Abdo.

Seriously dude.

MUFC OK

One of the most overrated players ever to play in the prem. Yes, he can show flashes of genius but there are several/many premiership players who do the same but without all the narcissistic self admiration as Pogba.

He now reportedly wants €600,000 a week if he’s to stay ...well as far as I’m concerned he can feck off and when he gets there feck off again.

For what it’s worth, Mourinho was right about him.
Mourinho was a virus in himself. he would have sold both Pogba and Martial and wanted Perisic.

Halal Jalal

Your posts Legitimately read like satire and if I didn't know you two had an extensive, thousands of posts long apologia of PP I would think you were taking the piss out of Abdo.

Seriously dude.
What is even the point of your comment? Just look at the passmap again, are denying the fact he's our deepest midfielder or the fact he's the only one attempting anything creative with the ball?

Please stay on topic and refrain from these personal attacks, thanks.

Zlatattack

Agree 100%. I wouldn't blame him if he left this summer. He'll excel at Real Madrid.

shahzy

If I was him I’d leave. Why waste your time in a dysfunctional surrounded by mediocre players asked to do everything and when you inevitably can’t you get blamed for everything. Not worth the hassle. You could easily leave to another big team that either is better or is on an upward trajectory and still get paid the same

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Great post.

unfortunately redcafe is now majority anti pogba and nothing he does will be praised.

last night pogba was fine, not amazing but not awful. He and mctominay won the midfield battle but our forwards let us down again.

It seems that the bar keeps being moved for him. they moan he doesn’t run or work hard, he’s too flashy on the ball - he worked hard and didn’t do any skills just kept the ball moving. People still moan.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

You're spot on.

The problem is when he is playing there, he's so half-arsed and lethargic that it's easy to criticise. If he put in a bit more hustle, I think he wouldn't rub people the wrong way (well a little less).

God, and the average footy fan, loves a trier.

Classical Mechanic

What is even the point of your comment? Just look at the passmap again, are denying the fact he's our deepest midfielder or the fact he's the only one attempting anything creative with the ball?

Please stay on topic and refrain from these personal attacks, thanks.
It's called being a Deep Lying Playmaker. As Low said when asked about the decline of Ozil.

The situation of the playmaker or No 10 doesn’t really exist any more and hasn’t done for a long time.

“These days the playmakers, the ones who make the play, are in deeper more defensive positions.”

The problem with Pogba is that I don't think he fits into any modern tactical systems that well. Most top sides are favouring a 4-3-3 these days with the 8s being required to being hardworking primarily, it's a bonus if you have an 8 with quality and work rate but a low work rate talented midfielder like Pogba leaves the defence exposed in this attacking formation and compromises the system. You need hard working and hard pressing 8s in this position. In his best season at Juve he played in a 5-3-2 so perhaps Ole can try that if we want to build the team round him, problem is that we don't have any wing backs except for Dalot. He says himself that his favourite position is as a left sided 8 so that seems the only way to fit him as far as I can see.

Adam-Utd

It's called being a Deep Lying Playmaker. As Low said when asked about the decline of Ozil.

The situation of the playmaker or No 10 doesn’t really exist any more and hasn’t done for a long time.

“These days the playmakers, the ones who make the play, are in deeper more defensive positions.”

The problem with Pogba is that I don't think he fits into any modern tactical systems that well. Most top sides are favouring a 4-3-3 these days with the 8s being required to being hardworking primarily, it's a bonus if you have an 8 with quality and work rate but a low work rate talented midfielder like Pogba leaves the defence exposed in this attacking formation and compromises the system. You need hard working and hard pressing 8s in this position. In his best season at Juve he played in a 5-3-2 so perhaps Ole can try that if we want to build the team round him, problem is that we don't have any wing backs except for Dalot. He says himself that his favourite position is as a left sided 8 so that seems the only way to fit him as far as I can see.
I’d genuinely give him a shot at the right forward position. He’s faster, stronger, more skilful and creative than pereira. His link up play is better. Right now I’d see no reason why he couldn’t do well in that area.

SambaBoy

If you look at that performance in isolation, then it was a decent performance. If any other of our midfielders played like that, they would be getting high praise. He obviously wasn't 100% fully fit but he was still involved in the majority of our best moments.

He needs to be played further forward though, it's quite plain to see but we don't have the options at the moment to do that.

The agenda against him by Sky Sports is quite sickening, looked at the match ratings today, and he was our worst player with a '5' whilst Lingard and Rashford got '6'. Laughable.

DickDastardly

He's our best player, but he's playing with shit teammates week in week out, so understandably the joy has been sucked out of his game.

Yeah I get it, he should show a lot more, but I see no movement in front of him, no ball carrier in midfield and no outlet on the RW, so his passing options are limited and he's got to try silly dribbles because every one else is marked.
He doesn't HAVE to try silly dribbles, he WANTS them.

If he is our best player, he sure as hell isn't showing it on the pitch game after game after game.

What what his contribution last night?
The one chance he made for Rashford, Guendouzi made a stumble in the middle, he brushed him off and sent a great forward ball.
It wasn't that hard, there was a hole 10 feet wide for him to just make a simple weighted forward pass, 8 out of 10 average midfielders could make the same pass.
Two more perfectly weighted, lofted passes to Rashford when he was on the right, and that's it.
And a shot, inches wide. Should have hit the target at least.

It's nice and all, but it's not enough! Not nearly enough. He goes missing 70% of the game.

He doesn't control the tempo of the game. We NEED that! We fecking need someone to control the game.

Literally! Control the game. Slow us down, speed us up, make us tick. Get the intensity on, get a smart foul, slow the game when we want to slow it down.

fergiesarmy1

Seriously dude.
A generational talent that hasn’t scored a goal since February, he’s insane :lol:

Pele, Maradona, Messi must be seriously worried about being overshadowed forever by this genius.

fergiesarmy1

Them ratings are fairer than others I have seen. At least he acknowledges how bad Rashford, Young and Lingard were.

I stand by my point though, Pogba is judged differently than most of our other players. Rightly or wrongly but it's true.
Expectations are always going to be higher anywhere for record signings, rightly in my opinion. I see Hazard is already coming under pressure as he hasn’t scored yet for Madrid, god help Pogba if he goes there for over £100m as they won’t put up with a couple of nice passes a game and a silly haircut.

Terminator

Pogba is judged too harshly on here. If someone else took out Guendouzi like a rag doll and played a good through ball to the striker creating a 1v1, whole CAFE would be nutting over the player.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's just sad that some people on here forget easily just the second half of last season when Ole just took over how Pogba was far and away your best player and was coming up with goals and assists, not to mention all the chances created only to be wasted by the forwards. He basically made United respectable and gave Ole this incredible record that was better than City or Liverpool IIRC until he became the permanent manager.

I hope the guy gets to leave and actually flourish somewhere else, some fans here don't deserve a talent like him and it'd do them a world of good to realize that it's not such a smart idea to want to get rid of your only player capable of being world class, especially when you're not attracting world class talents with just a name anymore.

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal had Torreira practically man-marking him on the first hour, so he had little chances to make an impact, but he still put Rashford through on goal, had a good shot in the second half and generally kept it moving. Wasn't awful by any means.
Someone will always mark someone, this is all just excuses.

izzydiggler

It's just sad that some people on here forget easily just the second half of last season when Ole just took over how Pogba was far and away your best player and was coming up with goals and assists, not to mention all the chances created only to be wasted by the forwards. He basically made United respectable and gave Ole this incredible record that was better than City or Liverpool IIRC until he became the permanent manager.

I hope the guy gets to leave and actually flourish somewhere else, some fans here don't deserve a talent like him and it'd do them a world of good to realize that it's not such a smart idea to want to get rid of your only player capable of being world class, especially when you're not attracting world class talents with just a name anymore.
He's the reason we went through a good period last year after Ole was appointed but not at all at fault for the poor performances after? Pogba apologists in a nutshell...he's the reason for everything good but every excuse under the sun when he's poor, with exactly the same team mates, formation, position as when he's supposedly carrying the team.

He's been here over 3 years and been largely mediocre for them. He's far from the only problem and obviously talented but he's a part of a failing team and this talk of 'generational talent' is just laughable.

fergiesarmy1

He's the reason we went through a good period last year after Ole was appointed but not at all at fault for the poor performances after? Pogba apologists in a nutshell...he's the reason for everything good but every excuse under the sun when he's poor, with exactly the same team mates, formation, position as when he's supposedly carrying the team.

He's been here over 3 years and been largely mediocre for them. He's far from the only problem and obviously talented but he's a part of a failing team and this talk of 'generational talent' is just laughable.
I’m starting to think some of these pogbaistas are heavily invested in him on one of those footballer exchanges :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I don't consider him a generational talent as some, and neither am I ignoring his poor performances. But he is a scapegoat here simply because of his price tag and the fact that his haircuts seem to rub some people the wrong way for whatever ridiculous reasons they might have. He's inconsistent as this team has been for over half a decade. My point is, he's your only player capable of being world-class. He's not the first that should go, he should be the last (at least that would be before it got to the point where he apparently now wants to leave), but that attitude towards Pogba has gone on long before he wanted to go somewhere else. Playing with Pogba is just about the only attractive option to any forward recruits you'll want to bring in. There is absolutely nothing else on the field that makes United an attractive option for top level talents to want to come in and lift this club up. This is partly why there is now this youth revolution, because United will struggle to bring any established world class players, and I think they've already realized it. The best hope now is to snag the best youth talents out there and groom them to step up to the first team. Pogba is not a one-man army, he's not a generational talent, but he is one of the most skilled midfielder in world football and has an ability to pass the ball that is world-class with the vision to go for it. It's not me saying it, it's the stats that speak for themselves.

If you're a club aspiring to get back to the top, you don't get rid of Pogba, you bring in other players to show him and the fans that you're serious about winning, and to him you show that you're not wasting his talent with second or third-rate players. No one of his ability will put up with that for very long. Maybe that rubs the old school mentality of some in the wrong way, and that players should just be grateful they get to play and shut up, but that's just not the reality of today's footballer.

EireRed_GS

I understand players want to play with better players around them, it would enhance anyones game with good quality around them. But ive always thought the best players brought out the quality in those around them.

But when it comes to Pogba, ive never come across a player that apparently needs so many conditions to play well / so many excuses for not playing well. ie. needs top talent around him, needs to be on left side of 3 man MF, needs a top CDM beside him in MF, etc.. If he's being inconsistent or just generally shit, All you hear is 'its not his fault, look at what hes playing with'. There might well be some element of truth to this but its not his teammates fault when hes constantly giving the ball away with silly passes or holding onto it way too long.

Stadjer

I’m starting to think some of these pogbaistas are heavily invested in him on one of those footballer exchanges :lol:
Same could be said about your crusade against Pogba. Do you get a part of the transfer fee because you sure cant wait to get rid of the most talented player in the squad.

fergiesarmy1

I don't consider him a generational talent as some, and neither am I ignoring his poor performances. But he is a scapegoat here simply because of his price tag and the fact that his haircuts seem to rub some people the wrong way for whatever ridiculous reasons they might have. He's inconsistent as this team has been for over half a decade. My point is, he's your only player capable of being world-class. He's not the first that should go, he should be the last (at least that would be before it got to the point where he apparently now wants to leave), but that attitude towards Pogba has gone on long before he wanted to go somewhere else. Playing with Pogba is just about the only attractive option to any forward recruits you'll want to bring in. There is absolutely nothing else on the field that makes United an attractive option for top level talents to want to come in and lift this club up. This is partly why there is now this youth revolution, because United will struggle to bring any established world class players, and I think they've already realized it. The best hope now is to snag the best youth talents out there and groom them to step up to the first team. Pogba is not a one-man army, he's not a generational talent, but he is one of the most skilled midfielder in world football and has an ability to pass the ball that is world-class with the vision to go for it. It's not me saying it, it's the stats that speak for themselves.

If you're a club aspiring to get back to the top, you don't get rid of Pogba, you bring in other players to show him and the fans that you're serious about winning, and to him you show that you're not wasting his talent with second or third-rate players. No one of his ability will put up with that for very long. Maybe that rubs the old school mentality of some in the wrong way, and that players should just be grateful they get to play and shut up, but that's just not the reality of today's footballer.
I’d rather spend the Pogba money whatever that will be on a couple of midfielders who will regularly contribute rather than move into another year hoping he will come good.

fergiesarmy1

Same could be said about your crusade against Pogba. Do you get a part of the transfer fee because you sure cant wait to get rid of the most talented player in the squad.
Just trying to bring some balance as some of these deluded once in a generation posters are back out in force. I wanted him in the first place but I want him gone now. Unfortunately I’m not getting a cut of the fee that is dropping week by week.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
As a neutral watching is it too harsh to say why the feck did he dominate that arsenal midfield who are far weaker slower and less talented than him. If he showed half the urgency guendozi did he could have dominated that game. There was one time in the game he flew through the midfield but that was the only time.

Adam-Utd

I just don’t really see why he always needs to be talked about? Fair enough if he has a stinker then criticise him. Last night he was playing fine.

yes he gives the ball away trying to force things sometimes, but you’ll never go forwards unless you try something ambitious.
our forwards make such poor runs and little movement it’s really hard to find them easily.

Only James when he plays wide left gives us an out ball, but they double marked him after chambers got a yellow.

I just find it odd that people criticised him first for not trying and caring, but he’s not shown any of that this season.

Playing as a midfielder in this team must be a nightmare, but I thought he and Scott did well considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.