6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fergiesarmy1

Our entire squad has been playing at half mast for six years straight. How can anyone possibly have the opinion that they're just individually unprofessional? That'd be some fecking coincidence. We've collected 25 players who - in many cases after stellar careers before joining us - suddenly cease to give a shit, to a man? There's a problem at the club, but surely noone can believe the problem is that we just happen to have hired nothing but disloyal mercenaries. Many of these players were great before we signed them, and will be great again when they move on. There's poison at Man Utd somewhere. It's not Paul Pogba.
I wouldn’t throw that label at everyone since Fergie

Zlatan always give it his all, you could see the anger on his face if anyone dropped their standards while he was playing. I’d bring him back as soon as he is done with the MLS just for his professionalism. Plus he knows how to score a goal.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well the pogba/fergie/riola situation is open to argument. Do you disagree with Fergies assessment of riola after one meeting? (that’s what makes fergie a genius, he can assess a character after one meeting, now we have Woodward calling the shots who doesn’t know he’s the sucker in the room)

No issue with Pogba thinking he is too good to get on the team bus for the long journey back from Burnley because his chauffeur driven rolls is there though?
Yes, the Pogba-Fergie situation is open to argument. I know Fergie is like a god here, but he is capable of making mistakes. I think Pogba's version of the events, supplemented by proof of what actually happened on the field when united were completely decimated by injuries in midfield and not giving him a shot consistently, even going as far as putting Rafael in midfield over giving Pogba a shot was a mistake, in my eyes. I don't blame Pogba for engineering a move away if he doesn't feel he has the trust of his coach and he's got teams like Juventus offering him a chance to start gaining experience in a world-class team. No one really knows what was said between Fergie and Pogba, or how the situation was explained to the player, but I can understand Pogba feeling like he had to leave to start realizing his potential.

As far as the Rolls-Royce incident, here's one thing I'll say about Fergie's brilliant man-management, he probably wouldn't have cared. Fergie made exceptions for certain players, he didn't treat everyone the same way and had a good feel on how to tailor his management based on the personality of a player, so I don't even think it would have been an issue at all with Pogba there. Who knows what the real reason behind this story is? I just couldn't care less. If the implication behind this story is that Pogba feels he is too good to spend time with his teammates, then it's a non-story because he gets along with everybody on every team he's in. He's just not a toxic player, never has been.

el3mel

I'll say he's a model professional off the pitch for the majority of time (not all of time), however on the pitch he's very far from being professional by playing several games with "I don't give a shite" mood, keeping the ball for very long, barely doing his defensive work, sulking around and not helping his teammates. Of course on his days he's a beast but the problem is you never when you're about to play a game if he's going to perform or won't care about giving it his all today, which is unacceptable for any top tier players.

Anyway I have made peace with the guy that he's just a moments or a YouTube player.

fergiesarmy1

Yes, the Pogba-Fergie situation is open to argument. I know Fergie is like a god here, but he is capable of making mistakes. I think Pogba's version of the events, supplemented by proof of what actually happened on the field when united were completely decimated by injuries in midfield and not giving him a shot consistently, even going as far as putting Rafael in midfield over giving Pogba a shot was a mistake, in my eyes. I don't blame Pogba for engineering a move away if he doesn't feel he has the trust of his coach and he's got teams like Juventus offering him a chance to start gaining experience in a world-class team. No one really knows what was said between Fergie and Pogba, or how the situation was explained to the player, but I can understand Pogba feeling like he had to leave to start realizing his potential.

As far as the Rolls-Royce incident, here's one thing I'll say about Fergie's brilliant man-management, he probably wouldn't have cared. Fergie made exceptions for certain players, he didn't treat everyone the same way and had a good feel on how to tailor his management based on the personality of a player, so I don't even think it would have been an issue at all with Pogba there. Who knows what the real reason behind this story is? I just couldn't care less. If the implication behind this story is that Pogba feels he is too good to spend time with his teammates, then it's a non-story because he gets along with everybody on every team he's in. He's just not a toxic player, never has been.
Fergie only allowed from my memory Cantona special treatment because he was :lol: (he protected ronaldo a bit more than others again as it’s turned out unbelievably special)

Apart from that his entire ethos was team spirit, using the worlds against us methods of management to form a bond between the first 11, the subs and the youth who he rotated in and out.

I think Pogba was trying a power move back then because in his head he believes he is better than he actually is or at least how is performing and that I do not like and guarantee Fergie wouldn’t have accepted either.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Fergie only allowed from my memory Cantona special treatment because he was :lol: (he protected ronaldo a bit more than others again as it’s turned out unbelievably special)

Apart from that his entire ethos was team spirit, using the worlds against us methods of management to form a bond between the first 11, the subs and the youth who he rotated in and out.

I think Pogba was trying a power move back then because in his head he believes he is better than he actually is or at least how is performing and that I do not like and guarantee Fergie wouldn’t have accepted either.
Fair enough, I don't think it was a power move at all by Pogba, he's just not that kind of guy for me but I can see how it comes off that way, we can agree to disagree. And yes, I was thinking of Cantona as well, who definitely deserved it more than Pogba, but I've heard stories of other players like Nani IIRC who he wouldn't treat the same way he'd treat a Scholes because of his mental disposition. He was just brilliant at tailoring his management.

My only point is, because I'm not getting paid to defend the guy so I don't want to drag this on more than I have, is that he's worthy of criticism for his performances, and yes there's a tendency to excuse them by some (including me, at times) because we know what he's capable of, and see the team around him. However he should be criticized, and even considered being let go of as it could be the best situation for everybody involved. I just don't like the character assassination because he's genuinely a good guy. Yes, he's flashy, likes his social media; that's nothing out of the ordinary for a guy his age, but it doesn't mean he's not a professional or he's not trying.

He'sRaldo

I think Pogba was trying a power move back then because in his head he believes he is better than he actually is or at least how is performing...
I think this is your problem. Stop assuming what's in his head and maybe you'll have less of a problem with him.

Right now, the caricature of him you've built up in your mind is very far from the reality.

fergiesarmy1

Fair enough, I don't think it was a power move at all by Pogba, he's just not that kind of guy for me but I can see how it comes off that way, we can agree to disagree. And yes, I was thinking of Cantona as well, who definitely deserved it more than Pogba, but I've heard stories of other players like Nani IIRC who he wouldn't treat the same way he'd treat a Scholes because of his mental disposition. He was just brilliant at tailoring his management.

My only point is, because I'm not getting paid to defend the guy so I don't want to drag this on more than I have, is that he's worthy of criticism for his performances, and yes there's a tendency to excuse them by some (including me, at times) because we know what he's capable of, and see the team around him. However he should be criticized, and even considered being let go of as it could be the best situation for everybody involved. I just don't like the character assassination because he's genuinely a good guy. Yes, he's flashy, likes his social media; that's nothing out of the ordinary for a guy his age, but it doesn't mean he's not a professional or he's not trying.
Fair enough, we’ve got bigger problems than Pogba any way.

ExecutionerWasp001

I think this ankle injury is going to keep him out for large parts of the season. It's clear he's not interested. If he can't dominate a game against Rochdale then all is not well.

drdoityourself

I think this ankle injury is going to keep him out for large parts of the season. It's clear he's not interested. If he can't dominate a game against Rochdale then all is not well.
Ridiculous conclusion. Why is he missing four games with France then? Has he lost interest in them too?

Apokalips

?

He is in Dubai now, I’m sure he is busting a gut to be ready for Liverpool
Mate you clearly have something against him. Why would he want a holiday in Dubai mid-season? He rushed straight from the WC final to play in our season opener last season and he played injured against both Rochdale and Arsenal, which has led to him now being out for another 3 weeks. He has on numerous occasions shown willingness to risk his body for the club so it's unfair to throw such baseless accusations at him.

He is also repeatedly called a positive influence and a good guy by those who know him. He has been seen supporting our young lads at games too, yet you seem adamant that he's a horrible person. This obsession and desperation to convince everyone that he is a horrible person is weird.

fergiesarmy1

Mate you clearly have something against him. Why would he want a holiday in Dubai mid-season? He rushed straight from the WC final to play in our season opener last season and he played injured against both Rochdale and Arsenal, which has led to him now being out for another 3 weeks. He has on numerous occasions shown willingness to risk his body for the club so it's unfair to throw such baseless accusations at him.

He is also repeatedly called a positive influence and a good guy by those who know him. He has been seen supporting our young lads at games too, yet you seem adamant that he's a horrible person. This obsession and desperation to convince everyone that he is a horrible person is weird.
He is in Dubai right now, can you read? What about me saying that is incorrect?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Ole,on his knees with his hands cupped looking up at a towering Pogba,"Save meeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Footyislife

I have yet to see a manager build a team around our best player. Which is so stupid it's mind blowing.

He's not a box to box or a holding mid in a 4-2-1-3. Given his ability on the ball, passing range, goal scoring threat, size/strength, he should be given free reign in a 4-3-3 system. You don't box in a player like him in. He plays on a level few of our attacking players can get to, only Martial & maybe James with his pace. Surround him with a proper box to box and a RW and you'll see a devestating front 4 in attacking. We are really just 2 proper players short of having a top XI. End this stupid Rashford nonsense, buy Sancho & Kante for £200m in January and unleash the Pog.

BlueHaze

I have yet to see a manager build a team around our best player. Which is so stupid it's mind blowing.

He's not a box to box or a holding mid in a 4-2-1-3. Given his ability on the ball, passing range, goal scoring threat, size/strength, he should be given free reign in a 4-3-3 system. You don't box in a player like him in. He plays on a level few of our attacking players can get to, only Martial & maybe James with his pace. Surround him with a proper box to box and a RW and you'll see a devestating front 4 in attacking. We are really just 2 proper players short of having a top XI. End this stupid Rashford nonsense, buy Sancho & Kante for £200m in January and unleash the Pog.
I'm assuming you typed this at half time during a FUT match? :lol:

Sky12

Supports
Chelsea
Ole,on his knees with his hands cupped looking up at a towering Pogba,"Save meeeeeeeeeeeee!"
If Pogba is Oles plan to get out of this mess then he might as well quit because Pogba isnt exactly Debruyne is he

mattsville

Agree Pogba has not been used properly, just because he can do a job winning the ball and has physicality he seems to be used as a jack of all trades instead of honing in on his unique attacking talents, yes those talents will need to be indulged to a degree but with him deployed further up the pitch it would help hugely with our crap creativity at the moment, could we not just put Scott as DM to clean up, he is athletic, enthusiastic long legged and has good use of the ball, we should be seeing Pogba in and around the box exclusively, not from time to time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If Pogba is Oles plan to get out of this mess then he might as well quit because Pogba isnt exactly Debruyne is he
Pogba saved José's behind almost singlehandedly (with some help of another José favourite in Martial) a few times. Notably against Newcastle.

He pretty much got Ole the job, too. Bar our first 3 games under him we played rubbish stuff even during the winning run, but Pogba's great form carried us through most games. Then, when he lost said form, we stopped winning.

If Pogba returns to full fitness and gains some form it isn't that unlikely to see him carry us again, though I won't hold it against him if he doesn't as this team is an utter mess.

el3mel

If the medical stuff cleared him to play and resulted in aggravating injury, they honestly need to be sacked.

fergiesarmy1

Sounds suspicious he was posting videos of himself on a bike in Dubai on Monday, probably not the best exercise if he has a cracked bone in his foot.

BlueHaze

So he was thrown in to play against the mighty rochdale, cracked a bone in his toe and was cleared to play against arsenal as well? I'd write this off as pure BS but with our coaching/medical team this sounds just about right..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Let's hope this isn't true, or we'll really have to put an all out defensive masterclass in to hold a draw.

Would love to see a stat about how many of the games against Liverpool and City he's played in versus not. Seems to often have a niggle before them

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Wow, the bit about one senior player trying to have a team dinner and only five players showed up, including two youth players...you never know how serious you should take these stories because maybe they don't talk about all the other ones where the team did show up but if that's really how it is right now at United, I can't see them banding together and getting out of this mess, seems like a fractured team on top of not being as talented as the top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.