Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Doesn’t he even hit De Bruyne assist figures as it is in this team? I’m sure there isn’t much between the figures last I saw.
Yeah but don’t let that get in the way of someone having a good moan about Pogba.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This season alone, De Bruyne already has 10 assists.
Well, I’m sure I don’t need to talk about this season. Even if Pogba was playing in this ‘functioning team’, he can’t match De Bruyne from the treatment room. That said, I’m sure he’s been getting similar numbers over the last couple of seasons (both goals and assists for that matter), before considering the content in the video you posted.

Thiagoal

You don't need to show me this. I have seen it from day one.

His talent and performances have been the shining light in this Utd team since he has been here for me.

It's just far easier to blame someone like Pogba when the club is horribly managed from the top down isn't it?
His quality is undoubted but if the desire and work rate and consistency are sub par then he’s no use to us! I know the fan boys are happy ignoring the four games out of five where he goes missing but I have a season ticket and can’t ignore what my eyes have told me these past few years

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Well, I’m sure I don’t need to talk about this season. Even if Pogba was playing in this ‘functioning team’, he can’t match De Bruyne from the treatment room. That said, I’m sure he’s been getting similar numbers over the last couple of seasons (both goals and assists for that matter), before considering the content in the video you posted.
De Bruyne is a 20+ assists per season player. Pogba should be but isn't unfortunately because of the lack of clinical finishing upfront. My point was only about assists.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
De Bruyne is a 20+ assists per season player. Pogba should be but isn't unfortunately because of the lack of clinical finishing upfront. My point was only about assists.
Do you know the actual numbers? I was of the impression that they were maybe 3 or 4 apart, although tbh, that was based on them being level around mid-way point.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This season alone, De Bruyne already has 10 assists. Last season he had knee issues so only had 11. Season before last he had 21. And 21 assists the season before that for City.
Now ratio that to the amount of goals city scored (100+) and compare it to us.

Honestly De Bruyne in our team recently wouldn't score half as many.

Uniteddy

Pogba is king of cherry picked stats and highlight reels!!
Here's another measure of his creativity. Expected assists values the quality of chances created. If his supposedly shit teammates were missing lots of these chances his expected assists would be way higher than actual assists.

Let's looks at the numbers.
This season xA 1.25 actual assists 2.
2018/19 xA 5.19 actual assists 9.
2017/18 xA 4.59 actual assists 10.
2016/17 xA 5.59 actual assists 4.
Total xA 16.62 actual assists 25

So blaming his teammates for not finishing chances doesn't add up if you look at numbers. They actually finished with 8 more than expected given what he created.

Though Pogba often makes passes before the assist to be fair.
I think he is supremely talented but he has bad attitude and makes poor decisions.
If we can cash in we'd be better off.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Here's another measure of his creativity. Expected assists values the quality of chances created. If his supposedly shit teammates were missing lots of these chances his expected assists would be way higher than actual assists.

So blaming his teammates for not finishing chances doesn't add up if you look at numbers. They actually finished with 8 more than expected given what he created.

I think he is supremely talented but he has bad attitude and makes poor decisions.
Where are you getting these nonsense figures from?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

There’s actual video evidence posted above, let’s not make this a maths exam.

Also, where does this ‘bad attitude’ thing actually come from?

Alemar

This season alone, De Bruyne already has 10 assists. Last season he had knee issues so only had 11. Season before last he had 21. And 21 assists the season before that for City.
Fair enough, but City has much stronger forward line, so their players make more out of De Bryune's passes.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Fair enough, but City has much stronger forward line, so their players make more out of De Bryune's passes. If you compare not assists, but "chances created" or something of this sort, you will see a slightly different picture.
Tbh we shouldn’t even be comparing this season, as one has hardly played. I was more talking of previous seasons. My recollection has been that the gap isn’t that much.

Even this season Pogba has set up 2 anyway.

fergiesarmy1

Tbh we shouldn’t even be comparing this season, as one has hardly played. I was more talking of previous seasons. My recollection has been that the gap isn’t that much.

Even this season Pogba has set up 2 anyway.
Fantastic, while we were 2-0 up.

Adam-Utd

From mourinho calling him a virus. everything stems from mourinho falling out with him because he called him out on his negative football publicly.

Ever since that point he’s made pogba public enemy number 1.

Uniteddy

Forget compiled videos, they can make anyone look good or bad. If simple addition is too difficult I won't get into an argument with you. Maybe we just appreciate different things in football.

The stats illustrate a point, that simply blaming his teammates does not stand up to actual scrunity. Maybe you don't agree, I'm not here to convince you.

On attitude, watch full games not highlights, he has 3 consitent bad traits which are down to mentality and could be fixed if he was bothered.

1st. He jogs back when a simple 5 yard acceleration would take him into proper goalside position of opposition or close passing lanes.

2nd. He self indulgently holds up the ball dragging it under his foot inside his own half. It almost always invites unnessesaary pressure, it is purely ego where he wants to show his talent rather than win a game.

3rd is more understandable but unnessary for someone of his talent. He gets involved in silly battles with lesser players, lower half of premier league players. If they disposses him or they win a contest. He will either put in a bad tackle later or take on a dribble or hold up ball in a silly part of the field in a personal mission to get back at them, at the expense of the team.

Fair enough, but City has much stronger forward line, so their players make more out of De Bryune's passes. If you compare not assists, but "chances created" or something of this sort, you will see a slightly different picture
I just posted that stat, expected assists, which is quality of chances created.
His actual assists number is higher, meaning his team mates are finishing those chances better than expected.

Of course you are right about Debruyne, he does get far more opportunity to play balls in the final 3rd.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It certainly counts more when it’s actually needed, go and take one yourself.
He’s set up or scored our first, or winning goal many times. The game is 90 mins, you create the chance when you can. The idea is that your teammates are trying to do the same, and will sometimes do it before you!

fergiesarmy1

He’s set up or scored our first, or winning goal many times. The game is 90 mins, you create the chance when you can. The idea is that your teammates are trying to do the same, and will sometimes do it before you!
The game your referring with his only real contribution this season was the opening game this season, we were already 2-0 up when it’s much easier to ping balls around. Since then we have paid him about £3.5m pounds for nothing.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The game your referring with his only real contribution this season was the opening game this season, we were already 2-0 up when it’s much easier to ping balls around. Since then we have paid him about £3.5m pounds for nothing.
For nothing? He's been out injured, have some class.

fergiesarmy1

For nothing? He's been out injured, have some class.
With no great rush to come back, I’ll show some class to pogba when he damn well shows some class to united. Fully expect the transfer circus to move into full gear come December. Hopefully he gets his wish this time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
With no great rush to come back, I’ll show some class to pogba when he damn well shows some class to united. Fully expect the transfer circus to move into full gear come December. Hopefully he gets his wish this time.
He rushed back from an injury against Rochdale and Arsenal which has caused him to be out for even longer so can't say I blame him not rushing back and risk aggravating it again.

Jibbs

I don't think he will ever play for United again, may be a farewell game around Christmas at Old Trafford. We should make Madrid to pay at least 100 m plus Odegaard for him.

mu4c_20le

I don't think he will ever play for United again, may be a farewell game around Christmas at Old Trafford. We should make Madrid to pay at least 100 m plus Odegaard for him.
Money + Benzema. Saves them a few quid for their pursuit of Mbappe as well.

El Zoido

We’re not selling him in January. He’ll leave in the summer but will play for us again this season. I think he genuinely does have a bad injury.

Adam-Utd

Because he isn’t staying?
Why wouldn't they just come out and say that then? If Pogba had said to Ole "i'm not playing anymore sell me in January" why would he be sitting there defending him? doesn't make any sense at all.

We need him in the team, we're paying his wages so if he was refusing we could happily withhold his money.

Pogba is injured plain and simple.

fergiesarmy1

Why wouldn't they just come out and say that then? If Pogba had said to Ole "i'm not playing anymore sell me in January" why would he be sitting there defending him? doesn't make any sense at all.

We need him in the team, we're paying his wages so if he was refusing we could happily withhold his money.

Pogba is injured plain and simple.
If something is agreed in principal but not officially signed due to transfer window regulations then they would have to keep up the pretence.

There is more than just me that thinks he’s one foot out the door mate in this thread.

fergiesarmy1

Mata, Rashford, Ibra and Lingard robbed Pogba of about 30 assists to be honest.
So 100% strike rate is expected from a pogba assist? still remember someone trying to explain how Rashford should have scored twice this season in a game we drew or lost. Both passes pushed him to wide to expect to score unless he has suddenly turned into Marco van Rashford.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
There are 24 hours in a day. I'm sure even he needs some down-time to chill. United have fitness coaches and doctors as bodyguards with him just so he keeps to his fitness regime.

Give your heads a wobble.

fergiesarmy1

There are 24 hours in a day. I'm sure even he needs some down-time to chill. United have fitness coaches and doctors as bodyguards with him just so he keeps to his fitness regime.

Give your heads a wobble.
This guy is taking the piss, I’d you can’t see it fair enough. More likely you are blind to it and your supporting a player who no longer wants to play for the club you support.

Either or you need to stop wobbling, look in the mirror and realise your supporting a pup.

fergiesarmy1

This won't stop the indifference towards Pogba.
He assisted 9 in the whole of last season, don’t even get me going on this pathetic attempt of a season where a lot of people on here were talking about player of the year and balloon doors for him.

De bruyne has already assists in double figures, one argument a pogba apologist had with me earlier was nine was fecking good for a season.

It’s gash

Shimo

You know, I saw that picture of him at the Heat game along side his girlfriend and it's clear as day, I mean it couldn't be any clearer that he is so happy and content with his life. He is most definitely staying and anyone who doesn't see it is just blind and has an agenda. #pogbaapologists

Status
Not open for further replies.