Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You know, I saw that picture of him at the Heat game along side his girlfriend and it's clear as day, I mean it couldn't be any clearer that he is so happy and content with his life. He is most definitely staying and anyone who doesn't see it is just blind and has an agenda. #pogbaapologists
I was at that game, I was so surprised because I didn't know until they started to (not so) randomly play highlights of his goals at United.

OldTrevil

Mata, Rashford, Ibra and Lingard robbed Pogba of about 30 assists to be honest.
Ibra the biggest culprit, followed closely by Rashford and Lukaku. And it's not just chances, it was many potential moves as well because all of them played striker and occupied the middle attacking position majority of the time. With Mata it is mostly during Pogba's classic chips that he seems to forget his technical ability. He probably enjoys watching them too much to be fair... With him and Ibra though, it was partly that and the other being the loss of the extra explosiveness in your prime. They then overcompensate and either put too much or two little weight on the ball, especially on the most technically and physically demanding finishes. For Lingard it is understandable given his quality level. I can't wait for fit Pogba with Martial at 9.

In Rainbows

He assisted 9 in the whole of last season, don’t even get me going on this pathetic attempt of a season where a lot of people on here were talking about player of the year and balloon doors for him.

De bruyne has already assists in double figures, one argument a pogba apologist had with me earlier was nine was fecking good for a season.

It’s gash
My god man, you're obsessed. Now you're using De Bruyne as a benchmark and slating him for not having his numbers. Doubt you would do the same for other United players. Oh, but it's different because different standards based on reputation and money right? In other words, you would admit that Pogba is our best midfielder.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
9 assists last season in the league and then followed with 10 assists previously. Both of them were done with him playing in midfield 3 CM not as a traditional no 10 where Mata or Pereira is playing right now.

The number isn’t as impressive as De Bruyne but De Bruyne is one of the best one in PL and he has world class quality around him, Pogba’s number are pretty good number I must say for someone who played in CM role. This season he had 2 assists already in 5 games playing as DM. I think Pogba can get more assists this season if we start playing him in that traditional 10 role when he’s back from injury, he has good eye to pick a pass to his team mate in the final third.

lsd

The Oracle
You know, I saw that picture of him at the Heat game along side his girlfriend and it's clear as day, I mean it couldn't be any clearer that he is so happy and content with his life. He is most definitely staying and anyone who doesn't see it is just blind and has an agenda. #pogbaapologists

Or he could be happy he knows he is leaving

Shimo

Or he could be happy he knows he is leaving
Or more likely he was just enjoying the game with his girlfriend and has no bearing on whether he was staying or going. Was just being a little sarcastic because of how some people can read into anything and state that it is clear he is leaving.

Bondi77

There is no way he is leaving because there is no way any team will pay the fee that Utd will demand for him.
It is as simple as that.

Son

Pogba is pure quality. Usually puts in around double figures for goals and assists for a CM. Automatically makes him one of the best around. People comparing him to De Bryne like their circumstances are at all the same is stupidity.

Can’t wait to have him back from injury. Guarantee a lot of our fans will be eating humble pie. He’s one of the few players we own who is an actual United fan yet a portion of our fan base seems to hate on him.

Reminds me of the hate Beckham was getting around 98’ after the World Cup and Ronaldo in 06’.Some of our fans always go through the same phases with certain superstar players we own. They should enjoy them because they are not at the club forever.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pogba is pure quality. Usually puts in around double figures for goals and assists for a CM. Automatically makes him one of the best around. People comparing him to De Bryne like their circumstances are at all the same is stupidity.

Can’t wait to have him back from injury. Guarantee a lot of our fans will be eating humble pie. He’s one of the few players we own who is an actual United fan yet a portion of our fan base seems to hate on him.

Reminds me of the hate Beckham was getting around 98’ after the World Cup and Ronaldo in 06’.Some of our fans always go through the same phases with certain superstar players we own. They should enjoy them because they are not at the club forever.
Some of them are stuck in the 60s.
Once Pogba leaves, it will be hard to replace him. I hope he's fit soon and helps us win some games

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There is no way he is leaving because there is no way any team will pay the fee that Utd will demand for him.
It is as simple as that.
That security doesn't last forever. By summer he has 2 years left. The longer he keeps making waves and not renewing and the longer we refuse to sell him, the lower his value gets. He could realistically walk for nothing at the end of his contract if neither side blinks first.

nyanza

That security doesn't last forever. By summer he has 2 years left. The longer he keeps making waves and not renewing and the longer we refuse to sell him, the lower his value gets. He could realistically walk for nothing at the end of his contract if neither side blinks first.
He'll be 29 by the end of his contract, I doubt just sitting around and waiting is among his prefered options.

fergiesarmy1

Hated from united fans? The entire fan base got behind them. Beckham came out and said it helped him have probably his best season ever for us (and by the way please don’t compare pogba to either of those 2)

OL29

He assisted 9 in the whole of last season, don’t even get me going on this pathetic attempt of a season where a lot of people on here were talking about player of the year and balloon doors for him.

De bruyne has already assists in double figures, one argument a pogba apologist had with me earlier was nine was fecking good for a season.

It’s gash
You’re a strange strange man.

OL29

Happy with 9 assists for a £100m midfielder who hasn’t scored a goal from open play since Feb?

Your an easily pleased strange man if so.
I don’t think he’s been great but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a poster so obsessed with bashing one player so incessantly. It’s bordering on pathological. I’ve seen you post drunken rants about him unprovoked in the middle of the night, every time I come into one of his threads you’re embroiled in a debate about him, you’ve made your point, you don’t like him, we get it, that doesn’t mean you need to ruin every Pogba thread with petty sniping.

fergiesarmy1

I don’t think he’s been great but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a poster so obsessed with bashing one player so incessantly. It’s bordering on pathological. I’ve seen you post drunken rants about him unprovoked in the middle of the night, every time I come into one of his threads you’re embroiled in a debate about him, you’ve made your point, you don’t like him, we get it, that doesn’t mean you need to ruin every Pogba thread with petty sniping.
Hadn’t been on for 3 weeks until a few days ago?

Someone has to defend against the lunatics either saying he’s going to win the ballon door or if you don’t like him it’s because your clearly a racist xenophobic ape.

Any chance he will be in Sheffield today to support his teammates? Thought not.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He'll be 29 by the end of his contract, I doubt just sitting around and waiting is among his prefered options.
I'm sure it isn't, but if he's dead set on wanting out and no club will fork out for him, he doesn't have another option. He can stay and get his head down for 2 years, or sulk.

Either way, for those 2 years, his value plummets. I don't think the club is going to want to see one of its most valuable assets walk for a cut price, or for free.

If he refuses to renew with us between now and the summer, I imagine the club will become more open to selling him than they have been before.

Hawks2008

If he sold we would not be able to recruit anyone near his quality but hey, they'd run around more which is all that matters.

manutddjw

I can’t believe the criticism Pogba gets, when since he’s been here he’s probably been our best midfielder. I’m going to laugh when Pogba leaves and we sign some garbage who supposedly plays for the shirt like Longstaff. This squad definitely needs more untalented, but gives his all players like Lingard in the squad.

izzydiggler

If he sold we would not be able to recruit anyone near his quality but hey, they'd run around more which is all that matters.
The problem is he very rarely plays to the level of this supposed 'quality". We might get a lesser talented player but it's about time we started looking at the whole team working together, rather than individuals with superior talent to drag us up.

Hasn't worked in the past few years and don't see why it would all of a sudden now.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout

It’s gash
:lol:

manutddjw

The problem is he very rarely plays to the level of this supposed 'quality". We might get a lesser talented player but it's about time we started looking at the whole team working together, rather than individuals with superior talent to drag us up.

Hasn't worked in the past few years and don't see why it would all of a sudden now.
Ok, which one of our midfielders have scored more, assisted more or created more opportunities than Pogba? If we want to get back to the top we need quality player and not this Lingard nonsense where they run around and we give them a pass because of it.

izzydiggler

Ok, which one of our midfielders have scored more, assisted more or created more opportunities than Pogba? If we want to get back to the top we need quality player and not this Lingard nonsense where they run around and we give them a pass because of it.
Well it's clearly not working - if you watch the majority of our games and think 'Pogba has been brilliant', then I think you're watching a different player to me. He's a talented player, no question and can play a pass but he also let's runners past him, gives the ball away and contributes negativity as well as positively. Nobody thinks it's all his fault - but ultimately, he's the one that you could get money for a reinvest in other areas, I think improving the team.

The whole 'we are fecked without Pogba' idea is just ridiculous. You'd think he single-handedly won us the title last year, the way some people talk. Routinely disappears in the big games, average in most and in our 'fight' for 4th last year, he went totally missing. Again, it's not all down to him but this whole 'talisman' notion is ludicrous.

koop

Well it's clearly not working - if you watch the majority of our games and think 'Pogba has been brilliant', then I think you're watching a different player to me. He's a talented player, no question and can play a pass but he also let's runners past him, gives the ball away and contributes negativity as well as positively. Nobody thinks it's all his fault - but ultimately, he's the one that you could get money for a reinvest in other areas, I think improving the team.

The whole 'we are fecked without Pogba' idea is just ridiculous. You'd think he single-handedly won us the title last year, the way some people talk. Routinely disappears in the big games, average in most and in our 'fight' for 4th last year, he went totally missing. Again, it's not all down to him but this whole 'talisman' notion is ludicrous.
Agree.

He's good and no doubt one of our best players, but he's not as good as everyone thinks he is.
If we got a decent offer for him I think we should definitely sell and buy to improve other areas on the pitch.
I personally think we play better without him tbh.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah he’s happy when he’s not in Manchester and playing in an average team. He could have the same holidays whilst also playing in Barcelona or Madrid. Don’t think he’s content here to be honest.

Bad sign that he’s not being arsed about sticking around to watch the team either. Doesn’t seem to be eager to return

DoomSlayer

Yeah he’s happy when he’s not in Manchester and playing in an average team. He could have the same holidays whilst also playing in Barcelona or Madrid. Don’t think he’s content here to be honest.

Bad sign that he’s not being arsed about sticking around to watch the team either. Doesn’t seem to be eager to return
I doubt that he actually even watches our games at all right now. It would be in inconvenient hours for him, being in the US and all that.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I can’t believe the criticism Pogba gets, when since he’s been here he’s probably been our best midfielder. I’m going to laugh when Pogba leaves and we sign some garbage who supposedly plays for the shirt like Longstaff. This squad definitely needs more untalented, but gives his all players like Lingard in the squad.
Being our best midfielder isn't really that much to shout about these days. We all know he can be a good player when he's up for it but I'm still trying to work out what his best position is because he's been played in a few and hasn't exactly excelled anywhere. If he were to be played as an 8 or a 10 then frankly I'd prefer Maddison who may not be as gifted as Pogba but would suit the team a lot better. Pogbas performances have been a closer to 5 than they have been to 10 in most of his time with us. Personally I'd prefer someone who consistently gives 7 or 8 in most games and Maddison fits that bill.

Stadjer

I doubt that he actually even watches our games at all right now. It would be in inconvenient hours for him, being in the US and all that.
Who cares? I rather have him get a good night sleep which helps with recovery instead of watching whatever Pereira and Lingard try to do when they are on the pitch....

pascell

It’s gash
Winning balloon doors will definitely inflate his price.

I'll get my coat.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He shouldn’t be in the US though he should be working with our physio’s and turning up to games.

Shimo

He shouldn’t be in the US though he should be working with our physio’s and turning up to games.
That's just a narrative if you want to make something out of nothing. It's a normal thing for footballers to work outside of the confines of the clubs physios after certain types of injuries and specific rehab work. Most club physios and including ours work with more traditional football injuries muscular injuries and such.

Dalot was out of the country as well for his recovery, no one was saying he should have been working with our club physios.

fergiesarmy1

That's just a narrative if you want to make something out of nothing. It's a normal thing for footballers to work outside of the confines of the clubs physios after certain types of injuries and specific rehab work. Most club physios and including ours work with more traditional football injuries muscular injuries and such.

Dalot was out of the country as well for his recovery, no one was saying he should have been working with our club physios.
It’s not normal to spend a couple of weeks in Dubai then a couple in Miami when your supposed to be sorting your injury out.

In Rainbows

It’s not normal to spend a couple of weeks in Dubai then a couple in Miami when your supposed to be sorting your injury out.
Huh? I see players in Dubai, Oregon, etc...

Only reason you're upset is because it's Pogba.

Being our best midfielder isn't really that much to shout about these days. We all know he can be a good player when he's up for it but I'm still trying to work out what his best position is because he's been played in a few and hasn't exactly excelled anywhere. If he were to be played as an 8 or a 10 then frankly I'd prefer Maddison who may not be as gifted as Pogba but would suit the team a lot better. Pogbas performances have been a closer to 5 than they have been to 10 in most of his time with us. Personally I'd prefer someone who consistently gives 7 or 8 in most games and Maddison fits that bill.
So instead of stacking on top of Pogba, it's better to just get replacements? How about removing the dead weight and creating a better squad? Again, we as fans have this mentality that we need few stars so stars replace stars, and squad players replace squad players.

And saying Maddison fits that bill ignores the fact that he will now be playing in a dysfunctional United side. That happens to practically every player that gets brought in here.

If we were to sell Pogba, I would rather use that money to not buy a 10, but instead use that to buy a DM, and someone who is best at distributing the ball. I don't get this forum's obsession with 10s when we have no DM, and nobody who can control the game through their passing. That's the entire reason why Ole puts Pogba deep because nobody can supply him with the ball when he's an 8. This, before we even let Herrera go and Matic needing a wheelchair even more than the end of 2018.

Last edited:

el3mel

I honestly don't get why this thread is so active while he has played only 6 games so far this season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We miss him so badly.
I was watching last season FA cup highlights (vs Arsenal and Chelsea), we really miss him in attacking positions. With the same set up + Pogba in attacking position should be really good, with James, Rashford, Martial in the attacking positions.

Foxbatt

He is a blood fool is he wants to stay. Spot on Inrainbows. We seem obsessed with positions we don't need to prioritise. We need a DM, that is the fulcrum of the team yet we still have not even looked at one. We are trying to get ball playing CBs, goal creating midfield players, heading CFs, and magicians etc yet without trying to get the base of the team. This is why I want Ole out. He is in here for his own glory and saying the things he knows the fans want to hear instead of trying to be realistic and sensible about this whole thing.
SImon Jordan was right in saying if we keep a B rate manager we will be a B rated club.

Status
Not open for further replies.