6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathari

Where does it say that? He might be going to another place to continue his recovery.
Nowhere, but after started running and Ole commenting he is hoping he'll play in December, I expect the medical department at Carrington can take over.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Seems he is headed for Manchester.
What a virus, it seems all those people have been forced to join him and smile for a photo. No wonder he's such a bad influence.

Meep

“We expect him back as soon as possible, as quickly as possible. He's out on the grass training. I said [he'll be back] in 2019, so hopefully we'll see him before the new year, definitely.” OGS

He is possibly, hopefully, definitely back in 2019. We will see him somewheres. Maybe social media or advertising.

AmanNits04

Is it just me or is anyone else annoyed by the fact that he got injured.
We needed him the most this season.
I know it's not his fault that he got injured but this was the season where Pogba would have carried us.
Also, I don't understand the point of calling our own player as a new signing, yes, he was injured for a long time but that doesn't mean he is a new signing. We already had him, then we lost him and now is coming back to the team, as simple as that.

Adam-Utd

I know it's not his fault that he got injured but this was the season where Pogba would have carried us.
Also, I don't understand the point of calling our own player as a new signing, yes, he was injured for a long time but that doesn't mean he is a new signing. We already had him, then we lost him and now is coming back to the team, as simple as that.
I'm more annoyed at the fact we rushed him back for Arsenal, then played him again 3 days later in a cup match he should never have been required for. The coaching staff obviously felt he needed the minutes, but what a silly game to risk him for. It just sums our season up so far really, but let's hope he comes back fit and healthy and really helps us kick on in the 2nd half.

He'sRaldo

I'm more annoyed at the fact we rushed him back for Arsenal, then played him again 3 days later in a cup match he should never have been required for. The coaching staff obviously felt he needed the minutes, but what a silly game to risk him for. It just sums our season up so far really, but let's hope he comes back fit and healthy and really helps us kick on in the 2nd half.
I like Ole but he seemingly has a habit of rushing players back. Lingard, Rashford, Pogba, and now Scott.

In Pogba's case it turned out to be a costly error.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol: Have a look around mate.

Dve

I like Ole but he seemingly has a habit of rushing players back. Lingard, Rashford, Pogba, and now Scott.

In Pogba's case it turned out to be a costly error.
Ole is not a doctor and does not decide when a player is fit enough to play, that´s primarily up to the medic team and the player himself.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Feels like getting PP back to his best is our one chance of reaching top 4. With him at his best, anything feels possible. And he has a strong incentive to reach that level. He needs to perform if he want Real Madrid or Juve to be interested by the summer. Not only for them to pay MU a transfer fee, but for them to pay him.

I also believe/hope that we finally have a midfield that could suit him.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The longer PP stays away the better our midfield becomes. Who could have predicted it?

you get gone and you be gone, you lost your OT privileges

hmchan

Ole is not a doctor and does not decide when a player is fit enough to play, that´s primarily up to the medic team and the player himself.
Ole is not a doctor but he is the one finalizing the lineup. Medic team only provides suggestions, but it is up to the manager to decide whether a player starts when not fully fit.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Having Pogba back in a #10 role in front of the rock solid Fred and Scott will be the best midfield we have had since Carrick Scholes Fletcher. I just can’t wait :drool:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I’m not PPs biggest fan, fantastic talent but questionable loyalty to the cause ... but ...

I really can’t wait to see him lining up with Fred and McT playing how they are and Rashford, James and Martial in front of him, running full pelt towards the oppositions goal.

We seem to have made some great strides in recent weeks and he literally could be the missing link.

Adam-Utd

The longer PP stays away the better our midfield becomes. Who could have predicted it?

you get gone and you be gone, you lost your OT privileges
Lay off the sauce.

Can’t people just enjoy a victory without pointing out pogba wasn’t involved every time? Get over it ffs. the agenda is ridiculous.

zenith

When he's back, he'll make the team that much better. With Fred and Mctominay behind him and a very pacey and creative trio in front, it should really click, in theory at least

DoomSlayer

Pogba has undeniable quality and with our current team, I can't wait to see him back. My only worry is will he be able to show the required intensity and quick decision making required for a number 10 role in the system we play right now but I believe Ole will drill that into him, like he has with Martial.

Walters_19_MuFc

Would be worth putting him as a 10 when he gets back, especially with the way we play, in that Rashford tucks in from the left, and the attacking midfielder likes to drift into the space left by him.

SAFMUTD

He’s our most important/best player and still people want to kick him out, hopefully we can convince him to stay.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
It's undeniably a different team he's coming back into, with a different dynamic. Those laughing at the idea that he'll have to shake himself a bit are wrong. Anyone coming into this set up and not rolling their sleeves up will rightly be crucified. I'm excited to see him in front of Fred and Scott but I want to see the right attitude from him.

DoomSlayer

He’s our most important/best player and still people want to kick him out, hopefully we can convince him to stay.
I'd say Rashford is that guy now, but Pogba can easily change that if he comes back and performs like we know he can.

Stadjer

I'd say Rashford is that guy now, but Pogba can easily change that if he comes back and performs like we know he can.
If Pogba is going to provide Rashford with passes i believe Rashford will look even better. Having very average players like Lingard or Pereira behind you to create chances or have Paul Pogba behind you to create chances is a huge difference.

ThinkTank@Cafe

As a 10 in Ole’s setup, Paul will have to do an awful lot of running 1) in possession: a) finding space and offering himself between the lines; b) forward runs, 2) out of possession: a) pressing CBs or a DM; b) getting back to CM line when defending on own half ALL the time. Basically, he can’t stop running, it’s the most physically demanding position in Ole’s formation. On top of that, it is the most technically and tactically (creativity wise) demanding position. We have to buy someone absolutely incredible.
Scenario 1: Pogba stays in the long term, he’s back in the team, Fred on the bench, we risk losing an absolutely ticking engine in the middle. McFred.
Scenario 2: Pogba is being sold. We pay with his money for the said incredible 10.
Scenario 3: Pogba is willing to do everything needed to be a part of Ole’s team, even running like Lingard. Then, United midfield becomes, again, absolutely fecking unplayable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The front line are getting goals, but they are creating them all for each other. They are getting nothing from the midfield. In fact, I wouldn’t even be surprised if Pogba still has the most assists from midfield this season for us. I am happy with how Fred and McTominay are playing now, but I think people are forgetting that stopping the opposition is only half the job.

DoomSlayer

As a 10 in Ole’s setup, Paul will have to do an awful lot of running 1) in possession: a) finding space and offering himself between the lines; b) forward runs, 2) out of possession: a) pressing CBs or a DM; b) getting back to CM line when defending on own half ALL the time. Basically, he can’t stop running, it’s the most physically demanding position in Ole’s formation. On top of that, it is the most technically and tactically (creativity wise) demanding position. We have to buy someone absolutely incredible.
Scenario 1: Pogba stays in the long term, he’s back in the team, Fred on the bench, we risk losing an absolutely ticking engine in the middle. McFred.
Scenario 2: Pogba is being sold. We pay with his money for the said incredible 10.
Scenario 3: Pogba is willing to do everything needed to be a part of Ole’s team, even running like Lingard. Then, United midfield becomes, again, absolutely fecking unplayable.
This is my main worry. For all his faults and deficiencies, Lingard provides so much leg work and movement between the lines when he plays like he has done the last 2 games. Something I'm not sure Pogba would ever be able to do with the same intensity, though he might balance that with his obvious world class quality on the ball and moments of brilliance resulting in goals or assists.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Worth pointing out that Pogba is no Mesut Ozil btw. His running stats are usually respectable, although not as high as Fred and Scott of course.

DoomSlayer

Worth pointing out that Pogba is no Mesut Ozil btw. His running stats are usually respectable, although not as high as Fred and Scott of course.
I'm more worried about the intensity and quick release of the ball than the sheer numbers in terms of running stats. I'm hoping that with Pogba, we'd be able to hold onto the ball much more and we won't have to press as much anyway, though this still has to be one of our main assets as our players are extremely quick.

bondsname

If Pogba comes back and performs on the level we all know he can, we should go with a 4-3-3 with Fred and Mctominay doing more of the dirty work. Have Rashford, Martial and James as the front three, making Lingard a valuable bench option.

I am a bit worried with Pogba's work ethic, in our current system you have to give it your all to succeed, there's no place for sloppiness which we all know Pogba is capable of.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm more worried about the intensity and quick release of the ball than the sheer numbers in terms of running stats. I'm hoping that with Pogba, we'd be able to hold onto the ball much more and we won't have to press as much anyway, though this still has to be one of our main assets as our players are extremely quick.
That’s true, although I don’t see it being a problem. It is actually his strength as a player. One thing I’d say of him, is if you show for a pass, he’ll play it every time. I never see him refuse a runner, and now we have a lot more of that. His problem comes when there is no runner, and he could just play it simple, but instead holds on to it at times. But for just an example, his assists for Rashford away at Spurs and away at Leicester last season. He gets it and Rashford is off, he’ll play the pass. He does the same with Mbappé for France.

The reality is he is never going to run as intensely as Fred, so if that is the minimum acceptable standard for your #10, then fair enough, he’s not the player.

hmchan

Pogba has undeniable quality and with our current team, I can't wait to see him back. My only worry is will he be able to show the required intensity and quick decision making required for a number 10 role in the system we play right now but I believe Ole will drill that into him, like he has with Martial.
As a Pogba fan, I am also looking forward to seeing him back, but in my opinion his best position is not no. 10. His strengths are his (1) physical ability, allowing him to hold onto ball; (2) dribbling skills to bring the ball from back to front; (3) ridiculous passing range for quick transition. This skill set means he is more suitable for a deeper role responsible for organizing attack as well as antipressing, instead of a purely offensive duty.

On the other hand, he has certain weaknesses if he is played as a no. 10. His preference in dwelling onto ball sometimes delays attack and misses the best attacking opportunity. He is also not known for his pace, which may put him on a different wavelength against his teammates like James and Rashford. His inconsistency is another worry if we regard him as a no. 10.

Of course, Fred and McTominay's impressive performance in recent matches shouldn't be left unnoticed. It would be interesting to see how Ole arranges the gametime among them. In my opinion, we have already been lacking depth in midfield, it would be unwise to start all of them at the same time, especially with the upcoming congested fixtures.

Classical Mechanic

If Pogba comes back and performs on the level we all know he can, we should go with a 4-3-3 with Fred and Mctominay doing more of the dirty work. Have Rashford, Martial and James as the front three, making Lingard a valuable bench option.

I am a bit worried with Pogba's work ethic, in our current system you have to give it your all to succeed, there's no place for sloppiness which we all know Pogba is capable of.
4-3-3 you need a DLP and I don't think we have one. I guess Fred would be the idea but he's too sloppy in possession for me. I'd stick Pogba up in the 10 because the double pivot is working very well at the moment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
4-3-3 you need a DLP and I don't think we have one. I guess Fred would be the idea but he's too sloppy in possession for me. I'd stick Pogba up in the 10 because the double pivot is working very well at the moment.
Yea I’d do the same. No point in changing the double pivot now, it’s what currently gets the best out of the players we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.