Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Quietly going about his business. No one is talking about him.
You love to see it.
The attacking burden has been taken off him. Praying he extends his contract.

gajender

You love to see it.
The attacking burden has been taken off him. Praying he extends his Contract
I have always believed Pogba would extend his contract as long as we are making Progress on the Pitch so I am expecting once the season is over he would sign the extension depending on how strongly we finish the season and it would be nothing to do with lack of suitors as I am certain few of the anti Pogba brigade would likely claim.

Last edited:

AneRu

You love to see it.
The attacking burden has been taken off him. Praying he extends his contract.
If we qualify for the CL and Woodward doesn't pull another stunt where he refuses to back the manager he will stay. No way is Pogba leaving if we finish third and sign Sancho, for example.

He is at one of the ultimate clubs in terms of how much he could earn and if we buttress that with real sporting progress then he will stay.

dirkey

Good guy. His game hasn’t changed though. Now he just had Bruno.
I think his game has changed because of Bruno. He's keeping it simple, keeping the ball moving quickly. He's not trying to do too much. Previously, he was taking too many touches, trying to do everything himself.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Pogba runs the game and set's the tempo. He's the player who makes something happen out of nothing. He's basically the guy making the pass before the assist, allowing Bruno to open everything up for the strikers. Basically, over the last few games, he's become an assister to the assist master. Little is made of Pogba making life easy for Matic to find a teammate instead of struggling and holding onto the ball. Matic has looked the most efficient at this moment since his move to United.

Pogba is a forward-thinking player and is always looking for that killer forward pass which is the most difficult thing to do in football. Had our strikers succeeded in scoring with some of his precision passes over the last few weeks he'd have had a number of assists to his name.

Enjoy watching United instead of finding faults or reasons to criticise. It's a team game and not everything revolves around about Pogba or Bruno. Remember, Bruno has also found his best form at United, and it's due to him being surrounded by players that compliment his style of play. I'd add a lot of respect to Ole and his coaching staff for knitting this all together.

Lj82

The best pass the team made post lock down was Pogba to Rashford against Sheffield United. Pity Rashford mess up the shot

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's been excellent since the restart. He's not getting all the praise and headlines for his performances (except Spurs) but without a doubt he's one of our most important players.

Alemar

Yesterday, he made like 10 ball recoveries, won the most duels, and all that while being an effective passer and controller of the ball. It is very valuable for the team

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What Pogba is giving us now is control of the game. We’ve controlled every game while he’s been on the pitch since lockdown.

Cloud7

Do fans of other clubs do this, or is this something unique to United fans? We always seem to be frothing at the mouth, looking for a chance to pit our own players against each other, rather than just enjoying having more than one player that's good to watch. I'll happy take my warning for saying that every single one of you that does this is beyond stupid, and you really should stop. It's one of the most annoying traits of our fans on here.

I know there are a LOT of fans who simply don't like Pogba and try to find any reason to criticize him, but seriously, now isn't the time. Shut up and enjoy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't be ridiculous.

Pogba has done nothing wrong since football returned, but seriously, Bruno Fernandes makes Pogba look distinctly average.

Whatever Pogba is said to be worth, Fernandes is worth far more.
Pogba has played the midfield role to perfection since returning.

The clearly have a big bias/dislike against him from similar posts from months ago.

If you can't remain impartial and say he's good when he's good then don't bother posting.

Fernandes has been fantastic, so has Pogba. he is defending very well, supplying passes forward beautifully and controlling the midfield. What more can people want?

It's like unlike he scores a hattrick and does all the defending and creating he's had a bad game :lol: bog off

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think this is by far the happiest he's looked at United since Ibra was here in his first season. Posting pictures regularly of games, posting stories on Instagram with all the players, just how he looks on the pitch and his celebrations. Definitely looks a happy and relaxed Pogba again.

Now sign the contract and just stay for another 4-5 years!

spiriticon

Without the pressure to be the main man always, he is flourishing.

Bruno has taken a huge weight of his shoulders and he is so much more free, both on and off the pitch.

Please stay.

The Original

I don't 'just' have a short term memory....

30+ years as a fan, and a season ticket holder for well over a decade. I have watched Pogba's every game, live, and he is easily the most overrated player we have had at United. Against the top teams he simply vanishes. He is mostly a hype-job, whereas Bruno is a 'real' player, with no BS, or hype surrounding him.

I'd put 20K on who is deemed the better player at the end of their careers.
You definitely don't have a good memory then.

Pogba has turned up in several of the big games and by the way if that's the standard you are intent on holding him to then why don't you wait till Bruno has played against a similar level of team?

Agaisnt Tottenham he was stifled till Pogba came on so what is your point?

It is obvious that tgose games were harder for Pogba because against a top team you need to have the entire team performing, not just the one man.

OldTrevil

He's our midfield general, controlling things from deep and ensuring we have a steady supply line with the occasional magic to keep defences guessing. Even though I would thoroughly enjoy the Pogboom version, the current Pogba leads a team to sustained dominance and multiple titles if complemented properly as Ole has been doing. No disrespect to Matic as he's been very good since the restart and is particularly key against teams that sit deep with his additional build up, but Fred is the one I'm really interested to see partner Pogba more often. In a settled midfield supported by a duo like Bruno and Fred, Pogba is more likely to make calculated risks with forays further forward that will lead to the long range beauties. We should be looking to use this set up very soon especially as he is in his physical prime, the best time for him to be making forward runs. Ultimately I'm happy with whichever role he's playing as long as he's ours, he needs to sign on that contract soonest.

Rolaholic

Fans trying to pit the 2 against each other online while in real life...

Heh

SATA

His body strength is unbelievable. No opposite player can hold him off when he shields the ball like that. If they did, they simply had to foul him. He is simply a unique player combine with world class technique

Pace Abuser

Bruno is the Bruno playing with Pogba, being judged against the Pogba that played with Lingard/Pereira.

Snuffkin

Paul who? He is good enough to play for us in most games, but he'll be burning a hole in our pocket if he get good offers.

Clermontois

Supports
France
I tend to see Pogba as a world class supporting player, he is never the main man in the team like a Ronnie or Messi.

But get some talented players around Paul and he just makes everything look easy. But put all the pressure on his shoulders and expect him to win every match only brings the worse out of him.

I love the way he is playing at the moment, everything is going well and I hope it continues until the end.

Ok what? I have read these forums for a long time and negative posts about Pogba do not surprise me but some posts in the past day or so have been pure wum. Mate Fernandes or Rashford could score 1000 penalties they will never displace Pogba as the main man in any team.

I do not know a player playing today who would, as Messi and Ronaldo are on the wane.

Don't be ridiculous.

Pogba has done nothing wrong since football returned, but seriously, Bruno Fernandes makes Pogba look distinctly average.

Whatever Pogba is said to be worth, Fernandes is worth far more.
Hard to believe you are a fan and talking about a United player in such a way.

Harder to believe is that you are talking about the best player at the club like that.If you turn their time at the club together into a vs, then the portugese will always come up short.
Watch him next season when Rashford insists on taking the majority of penalties and the teams target him more.

Nevertheless for the time being his impact has been welcomed but make no mistake about it, he has not changed the dynamic of anything.The team has been on the upward curve in terms of overall play since November or so, before his arrival.

He's always been at his best when he's the second best midfielder and the third or fourth best outfield player in the team.

Nobody, not even Souness, has ever doubted his talent. The issue has always been his application.

Because he's a natural leader, his poor performance/attitude can be infectious in a bad way.

Ole has played a blinder by bringing Bruno in. It lets us get all the good things that Pogba can offer with none of the bad.
Again what? :houllier:.

It is amazing to me the backhanded compliments this guy is given and I am sure people on here have grown tired of defending him as I alreay feel the same.

I will say this though, Pogba is the most talented midfielder in the EPL bar none and easily the best outfield player in the team since Fergie left.

I don't 'just' have a short term memory....

30+ years as a fan, and a season ticket holder for well over a decade. I have watched Pogba's every game, live, and he is easily the most overrated player we have had at United. Against the top teams he simply vanishes. He is mostly a hype-job, whereas Bruno is a 'real' player, with no BS, or hype surrounding him.

I'd put 20K on who is deemed the better player at the end of their careers.
If you are that confident put your life savings.

Pogba is at a level already that Fernandes will do good to reach.

Problem is while Pogba still has room to improve, Fernandes has all the hallmarks of someone who is already at his peak.

Watch the team next season when the EPL is back at full flow and the teams are all fit to see.

Especially if Pogba is not here.

His new role with Bruno is so much better for the team. He's not going to get near as many assists or goals, the team is though. He's focused on winning the ball back and keeping the ball moving. I think he's actually helped Bruno get even more goals and assists. It's the most disciplined and focused I've seen him in ages. Pogba is playing with purpose and feels like such a team player now, he seems happy too. If we can keep him and Bruno together, we can hurt anyone.
The team is playing better but Pogba should be scoring goals and assisting as well then it would be even better.

I cannot see him playing the deep role for long at club level, he is too good a player for that.

Reactions: Sultan

TheReligion

Abusive
Was telling when Bruno scored the free kick Pogba went crazy and both looked straight for each other to celebrate.

Good stuff for United.

lumeyes

Why do Utd fans do this? We have two absolutely amazing and fantastic players and there are already rival camps for both players. We did it with Rashford and Martial, and now it's Pogba and Bruno. Does it actually fecking matter which one is best, when they both play for us and more importantly, neither's presence is doing the other any harm whatsoever??
I truly begars belief, and probably reinforces the argument that Pogba and his kinsman Martial have the odds stacked against them in the eyes of some fans. Sometimes I wonder if I have watched a different game.

Aint gota Kalou

He's been great. Been keeping things simple yet still showing genius. When we have required him to step up with a bit of magic he has, eg Spurs. What's pleased me most is the amount of duels he's won from playing a bit deeper, he's not poor defensively like some say.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks so much better when he can just do his thing without being the one who has to be the assist maker and goal scorer.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His body strength is unbelievable. No opposite player can hold him off when he shields the ball like that. If they did, they simply had to foul him. He is simply a unique player combine with world class technique
The one thing that works against him in this specific scenario is his size. As you say, usually the only way to get the ball off of him is fouling him, but, because he's so big and strong, sometimes the fouls aren't given. You can see refs thinking "you're to big to be going down like that" even though it is a foul and it would be given as such for smaller players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
...and defensive midfielder and tackler!
Yep, he does have an interesting niche as a footballer.
Undoubted supreme player, but not one for many assists, goals, tackles or defending :lol:

I think that's why so few fans can understand him, as they like to pigeon hole.

Raven

I think the reason for Pogba's form has much more to do with not being doubt and triple marked constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.