6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

Cowardly and embarrassing for the penalty .

Rest of his game was shite.

Can never rely on him when the pressure is on for Utd.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The natural human instinct is to protect your face. The ball was hit fiercely you forget at that split moment you're going to give a penalty away. Besides that, he admittedly had a poor game. Gary Neville is setting a narrative against Pogba. He never criticised his favourites once in the match even though they had worse games.

Bobski

Looks leggy and almost disinterested again. Needs to find some energy in his game. Playing deep doesnt suit him, as he is a liability in possession in our half.
He is not a no 10 either despite what some want to think. That tendency to dawdle on the ball and lose the ball with his back to goal is equally as problematic higher up.

How long before the Bruno needs to sit to allow Pogba freedom narrative starts?

Thiagoal

Couldn’t be arsed today! Strolling around like it was a pre-season friendly! Please just get rid and buy a player that wants to compete every match and not only when he can be bothered to!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is too inconsistent. I dont think we will win anything major with him. He cannot do it 50 games a season. He performs maybe once every three games.

Spent the night just passing it sideways. He is not proactive at all. Just casually walks around the pitch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Penalty aside, extremely underwhelming performance at the pressure part of the season. The only player to have low minutes on the clock but performing like he has 4000 for the season.
Exactly.

Even if we ignore the penalty (which was absolutely fecking embarrassing) where was the response?

If letting his team down like that can’t put a rocket up his arse, what other motivation does this chump need to play like the world class talent I keep being told he is? The only player in that XI to get a semblance of a rest against Chelsea. A measly 15 league appearances. And he played like the most gassed looking player on the pitch tonight. Inexcusable.

spiriticon

You can never depend on him for 38 games a season.

He's good for 10 league games. You just don't know which 10.

The Purley King

He was protecting his face, its human instinct. If someone boots a ball towards your face you can't control it.

As for the rest of that performance. He's fecking sh#t get him out.
Yes you can control it.
You are trained to control it.
He is a physical coward.

Stadjer

Protected his face in a reflex.. not smart to give a penalty away like that but a normal human reaction i think.

He is a great player but had a bad game today. Hopefully he will show the real Paul Pogba next game.

The over the top reactions that are posted and will be posted in this thread about how shit Pogba is are going to be interesting to read again...

SER19

He is too inconsistent. I dont think we will win anything major with him. He cannot do it 50 games a season. He performs maybe once every three games.

Spent the night just passing it sideways. He is not proactive at all. Just casually walks around the pitch.
He's very consistent. Just the wrong way round. A player that slots nicely into a ready made team of winners. That's all

Krits

I'll repeat what I said in the match day threads. Pogba is and always will be a Rolls Royce player. Brilliant if his team is firing. Blunt if he is the one that needs to make it happen. He needs that 10% more time to make that killer pass than the elite players. He isn't a bad player, far from it. But would I sell him to have a better team. I have no doubt about it. If he leaves and we don't re-invest properly, we will be massively fecked. But, by that off chance we re-invest it correctly, this team has potential. I don't know who to target cause I don't watch much football outside united these days. But I know there is a better blend for a team out there and selling Pogba might just make that happen.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He deserves a lot of criticism today, even if we set aside the penalty he gave away. I can understand some defending protecting his face, but jesus just turn around if anything and let it hit your back, but worse than that he looked disengaged and didn't demand the ball nearly enough.

Squeaky Bumtime

Protected his face in a reflex.. not smart to give a penalty away like that but a normal human reaction i think.

He is a great player but had a bad game today. Hopefully he will show the real Paul Pogba next game.

The over the top reactions that are posted and will be posted in this thread about how shit Pogba is are going to be interesting to read again...
He's not a shit player but was bad today. And it's a recurring thing.

threamcloud

People making excuse for him...ffs. what sport are you watching? Are you watching enough football?
A normal player, no need to be at professional player will know what to do in that case. They will be prepared to use their head, not their face, or just jump up and use a different body part to block the shot.
Ffs, too fast? Seriously, that is the excuse I make for my buddy who play football for the 1st time in his life, not a pro player.

Disgusting. Roy kean talks shit nowadays, but I want him.to curse right into his face in the locker room right now. No, fk it, just smash the guy. Enough talking.

SER19

The reflex argument is genuinely embarrassing. Only makes sense if you literally have never watched any other football match and not seen players trained to keep their hands down.

Followed in the idiot stakes by randomly naming hand balls from Uniteds past that were absolutely nothing like pogbas embarrassing fannying at a dead ball that came from over ten yards away.

Give over with the excuses. He served up shite and followed it with shite two games in a row where he gave the opposition the lead.

MoskvaRed

Really poor tonight, even ignoring his penalty incident. We are paying top dollar for a support act. He’s a player who can complement a strong midfield but is not capable of being the main man himself.

Ainu

He has let this team down on far too many occasions. It feels like he has more bad games than good ones here. At this point I don't expect that to ever change anymore. If we can get a player with his ability and a strong mindset, we've got ourselves a winner but as it stands, I won't be too upset when he eventually goes. A player can have as much quality as he likes, if he doesn't show it half the time, what good is it?

Dyslexic Untied

Shocked at how many who are defending the penalty incident on here. I am going to assume those haven't played themselves. There is a reason you never see penalties awarded for handballs from those guarding a free-kick.

Idxomer

He didn't seem today a player who wants to have any part in this game. Disappointing.

FattyFooty

The natural human instinct is to protect your face. The ball was hit fiercely you forget at that split moment you're going to give a penalty away. Besides that, he admittedly had a poor game. Gary Neville is setting a narrative against Pogba. He never criticised his favourites once in the match even though they had worse games.
Dude. Seriously there are just to many examples of players putting there face on the line.

I understand that we don't need to attack our players, and we should support em.

But this wasn't exactly a macho man moment. It was disappointing.

And if you keep 100% focus you know very well what's going on. Even if the ball is struck that fast.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Terrible game, forget the penalty his whole play was very poor. 0 bite, 0 urgency, 0 intensity in his play. He stood there for the sake of it.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Our only world class player I keep reading. When was his last truly world class display in a red shirt?

Hea a good player, one of our better ones, but that's it. This guy isn't world class. World class players do it week in week out. He doesn't and never has.

Penalty aside today everything he did was slow.

Winning a world Cup does not make you world class. Oliver Giroud won one as well. Being world class means performing 5 games in every 6. Pogba has shown over 4 years he just can't do that. He's just a good player.

MattofManchester

Aside from the mistakes, in terms of performance, I'm not sure what people are expecting from him.

I've been complaining about his performances for some time, but I'm noticing a pattern. He's spent most of the time picking the ball up at the halfway line, right next to Lindelof and Maguire, and there is absolutely nobody to pass to. It's also very easy to mark our midfielders out of the game.

The option he predominantly has is either backwards, wide to Wan-Bissaka, or Bruno coming so deep they're passing to each other. The one time he did make a run, he placed the pass that initiated the goal, and his movement pulled players with him in the process. I don't believe that a player with a natural inclination to move forward is not doing so out of choice.

He does have his weaknesses, but I'm feeling his role is basically making him nonexistant to the game.

Im now of the opinion we could have Toni Kroos in central midfield and he would struggle to do anything.

M16Red

Yes you can control it.
You are trained to control it.
He is a physical coward.
Don't want to defend his performance, which was fecking cr*p. But he wouldn't do that unless his mind was like "my god my insta face"

Needs to buck up or do one.

Red_Aaron

Even without getting into any specifics you just can't say he justifies his place in the team at the moment. He's offering nothing going forward and costing us at the back.

Ignore his name and look at his performances , he needs to be taken out of the side

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The way he gave away the penalty today reminded me of the way he gave a pen to Liverpool in his Pogmoji game. For someone well used to high pressure matches he has a tendency to wobble under focus.

RooneyLegend

Was dithering about passing up responsibility. Totally unacceptable for a player of his ability. People like to joke about guys like Gerrard trying to win games on their own but at least they tried. It was clear today that Bruno was struggling but he did nothing to off set that.

the chameleon

Great player on his day. But what's the point of being good on your day when you can't be good when you're needed. Every time as a fan you count on him, he lets you down.

M16Red

Aside from the mistakes, in terms of performance, I'm not sure what people are expecting from him.

I've been complaining about his performances for some time, but I'm noticing a pattern. He's spent most of the time picking the ball up at the halfway line, right next to Lindelof and Maguire, and there is absolutely nobody to pass to. It's also very easy to mark our midfielders out of the game.

The option he predominantly has is either backwards, wide to Wan-Bissaka, or Bruno coming so deep they're passing to each other. The one time he did make a run, he placed the pass that initiated the goal, and his movement pulled players with him in the process. I don't believe that a player with a natural inclination to move forward is not doing so out of choice.

He does have his weaknesses, but I'm feeling his role is basically making him nonexistant to the game.

Im now of the opinion we could have Toni Kroos in central midfield and he would struggle to do anything.
Do one, watch it back. His pointing back all the time. In no way progressive

RooneyLegend

Even without getting into any specifics you just can't say he justifies his place in the team at the moment. He's offering nothing going forward and costing us at the back.

Ignore his name and look at his performances , he needs to be taken out of the side
Don't act like you've never seen Scotty McT or Fred play.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

For who? They are miles worse who ever you are thinking of
He didn't have a good game today its worrying

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I genuinely hope we actively look to sell him. Let someone else fall for the hype with no substance behind it. Pathetic whatever way you look at it. Also really fecking hope we don't give him a new contract, as if we do, it'll be the same as Rooney, or Sanchez, or De Gea now.

dirkey

Forget the pen, he was abysmal apart from that. Mark Noble dominated that midfield, Mark Noble ffs.
Watch it again. Whoever was directly behind him was turning their face away. So, that player managed to do it, but pogba couldn't. Appalling from him.

But at least he redoubled his efforts to try and get us the win after that and wasn't just ambling around anonymously... Oh, wait.

I've given him kudos recently, but this was the pogba we've seen the most of.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Pogba and Williams made me really really wish for option of negative rating. 1 was too high for both today.

Status
Not open for further replies.