6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Real Name

He was decent I thought. Problem is he was too static and was not offering himself for the ball enough.

Bwuk

Looked much better when we moved more to a 433 towards the end. He needs to be able to run forward and get himself involved.

ManRed

Pretty average for first 60 minutes followed with 15 minutes of garbage which then followed with 15 minutes of above average performance. Overall not a world class player performance.

The change of formation and disallowed goal really got the team firing and Pogba was the centre of it all.

Ollie Derbyshire

I’ll keep saying it, no point playing Pogba in the double pivot, either playing him further up or not at all.

Mr Smith

Not his best game but at least tried things. We don't get him on the ball enough; still think the 4-2-3-1 formation is a big part of that.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Decent game but tbh anyone could have done that job today. We do need a player that can hit those long range passes to switch play. I'm always happy when Pogba decides to do that, but tonight they weren't really that good.

DavelinaJolie

His change from sitting deeper and watching the play happen around him, to pushing up and getting involved in the final 30 minutes was quite stark.

UtdAgain08

I thought he had a very good second half, really pushed the team forwards at times.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Terrible for the first 65 minutes. Not getting on the ball or going forward at all.

Came into it then in the final 25 minutes.

I am guessing it was tactical from Ole. Keep it tight until Wolves tire. At least i hope it was. But even still it was not a 90 million pound performance.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not playing bad but him & Matic together don't really press which the problem, Wolves don't really full defensive like West Brom was against Liverpool. We don't really win the ball back quick enough before it gets into near our penalty box. I wish at least one of them need to have Fred's energy & pressing ability.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Not great tonight. Anonymous in first half and slightly better in second. Will be on bench on Friday and at least we got away with picking him tonight. Great to get a rest for Fred.

Djemba-Djemba

I thought he was terrible up until about the hour mark and then after that he was much more involved.

He's never going to be the player we all hoped he would be here. Just have to settle for him playing well now and then until he goes .

kidbob

The real problem is that we need a controller in midfield but he is a moments player. Every so often he will do something that no other player on the planet can do but what this team needs the most is a player who can control midfield, possession and the tempo of a game. Ironically maybe Pogba would look amazing next to this player if they are more of a Carrick than a Scholes but if they are a Scholes type (and that's what I feel we need the most) then he doesn't have the legs or enthusiasm to play that role. Matic and him 'should' work but it doesn't because Matic has never been at that level of a player. We basically need a Keane beside him and unfortunately they don't exist anymore. Anyway hopefully we see more better days than worse ones before we sell him in the summer and then spending that money wisely is what will decide the immediate future of this club in my opinion.

Park's Petrified Pooch

I was critical of him in the match thread, but looking back it was a fairly solid performance. I think the main problem was his big moments in the first hour we’re all negatives. Losses of possession, poor passes, bad decision making. Last 30 he seemed to improve, and was playing about 15-20 yards higher up the pitch. Looked more comfortable and natural further forward.

Alemar

It was an Ok performance. No mistakes, made a good shot on target, played some passes. Also we now rotate, so next time Fred and McTominay will be fresh to play. And then Pogba will be fresh again, etc. it’s a squad game and he helps now

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He was one of those who didn't start on Saturday and yet I saw little from him in terms of energy . Felt like he pulled away on most 50-50's and just generally offered very little going forward

sport2793

My issue with Pogba, and the reason why I am ok seeing him leave the club, is that he constantly gives up possession in dangerous areas. It's infuriating and totally avoidable. Lingers on the ball way too long. Did it two or three times today but nothing came out of it so it's quickly forgotten.

Stacks

Pogba plays very slow and ponderous sometimes. He doesn't have much aggression or high tempo to his game. I wish he could be more like Yaya but he is just Paul. He weren't the only one who was slow and ponderous. They all just passed to each other, stood still and just stared at each other!

Raven

Thought he played pretty well, we held possession a lot better because of himself and Matic's calmness on the ball today.

cpresc

Pogba is basically the Boris Johnson of Football. He's a good time leader and when the going gets tough he's nowhere to be seen.

I've wanted him gone since he died his hair blue before the Citeh Derby.

Would love to get rid of him and bring in Grealish or Rice

TEX_RED_DVL

Not a Pogba fan. Does not offer enough enough on the defensive side - extremely lackadaisical. He also tries to showboat and gives the ball away in dangerous areas. I counted three this game against Wolves.

The United

Still had his custom moment(s)of losing the ball in not so smart ways then fell over and took forever to get up while the other team attacked our back line mercilessly with the ball that he lost right on top of our box.

He is a highly talented player but whenever I see him trying to dribble out of 3 pressing players, I have my heart in my throat. That happens a few times in a game with him.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looked inspired and motivated to carry his holding role alongside Matic. He’s really not at Bruno’s level and I believe he has finally found his place not being the ‘best player’ on the team

Albin Johansson

I can see us becoming title contenders, leading to his undeserved renewal with an improved contract, only for him to continue letting his loose cannon fat ass agent talking us down once the going gets tough again. He acts as he is a great resource for us yet all I remember from most games is him loosing the ball in dangerous areas and being slow and uninspired. Regardless if we win the league with him I think we should sell and buy someone more erratic and inspired.

MiracleInMadrid

What I liked about his performance yesterday was his ability to control the ball under presssure. Almost only Bruno and him of our midfielders are capable of controlling difficult passes while a opposition player press them.

On several occasions yesterday Bruno found Pogba with a hard pass in knee height. I wouldn’t expect Fred, McTominay or Matic to hold on to possession in that sort of situation. But Pogba controlled the ball and either distributed the ball or hit a shot. I think he was instrumental in keeping the ball and continuing to pile pressure on Wolves toward the end.

Whoever we end up replacing Pogba with, I just hope we find one with good technical ability and vision in his play. Even if we are going for a DM. Someone who are able to move the ball on quickly after receiving it, and someone who can pick out a pass down the channels or across the field to the wings.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I still don't understand the point of him playing that deep role in midfield, it is pretty pointless. He rarely moves into the space created by the movement of Rashford and Bruno demanding the ball and looking to link up play and is then often dawdling up in supplementary to a play and when presented with recycling options he'll fang a ball to somebody under pressure and they'll either work their nuts off to keep it in our possession or lose it, I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago the amount of hospital passes he fires at players is pretty alarming.

Hackman2210

Looks a different player since his recent goal. Playing for an exit perhaps - either way good performances can only benefit us. Extra transfer value and extra points. Happy days. At this rate i may be slightly sad to see him leave.........

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I still don't understand the point of him playing that deep role in midfield, it is pretty pointless. He rarely moves into the space created by the movement of Rashford and Bruno demanding the ball and looking to link up play and is then often dawdling up in supplementary to a play and when presented with recycling options he'll fang a ball to somebody under pressure and they'll either work their nuts off to keep it in our possession or lose it, I think I mentioned this a few weeks ago the amount of hospital passes he fires at players is pretty alarming.
5 games into the season (something like terrible 3 games in epl plus 2 cup wins), I said on here we have 2 midfielders in the squad: Matic and Fred. You can see this how they change position to help to move the ball through midfield.
The others like McTominay and Pogba are only half-midfielders. You can tell they either are not comfortable playing there or don't know what is required from them in that role.

The jury is still out on van de Beek, who looked really good in midfield on a couple occasions I've seen him (definitely better than higher up the pitch).

So why do we Ole insists on playing Pogba there? Not only we should minimize Pogba involvement but also we're wasting Matic.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
The others like McTominay and Pogba are only half-midfielders. You can tell they either are not comfortable playing there or don't know what is required from them in that role.
Its a pretty good shout, Pogba plays like it doesn't matter if he fecks up in midfield because he's Paul Pogba innit and McTominay plays like he doesn't want to feck anything up so he's not trying anything fancy almost ever. (Which is why Leeds sticks out like a sore thumb for him.)

Betson

He was decent enough yesterday , but for a a player of his stature you expect so much more and more often than not he still does not deliver anything above average. He is certainly not one of our key players on this run. More of a fringe first team player who cannot be assured of his place when the big games come up.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tactically it looked like ole told pogba and matic to stay deep and not get ahead of the ball in case of counter attacks.

once it got to 60 ole let him off the leash a bit more and we became more dangerous.

he’s the sort of guy though that needs to play instinctive closer the goal, not really a system player.

simplyared

Going on his contribution coming off the bench at Liecester and his performance yesterday, and knowing what he's capable of, he's going through the motions. Nothing more, his mind is elsewhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.