Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Didn’t do anything for 70 minutes - we became more dangerous when he started trying to get forward

OldTrevil

Can'f even drive up the pitch all game when covered with players of such elite defensive ability like nemanja and bruno. Not good enough. Sell for peanuts.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Going on his contribution coming off the bench at Liecester and his performance yesterday, and knowing what he's capable of, he's going through the motions. Nothing more, his mind is elsewhere!
That could describe any period of his career. People first say that he’s performing so well because he’s putting himself in the shop window, then he’s just going through the motions because he’s already left in his own mind. Two completely contradictory theories presented just a week apart. The reality is that has always been Pogba. That’s the enigmatic part of his game, he’s a moody player, and those moods come and go regardless of what his agent says. People just like to read into things.

Craig Ward

Amazing how a bog standard average performance by Pogba is labelled as "Elite" by most on here.

If Fred or McTom was as mundane as he was, they'd be hammered.

He wasnt atrocious, he wasnt amazing. He was 5/10. Done some good things, some not so good.

Thats all there is to say - a run of the mill average performance.

yes, he looked better going forward, but thats not really a compliment seeing as he created next to nothing and still looked like he needed half an hour on the ball before passing it.

A meh performance from a meh player

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Can'f even drive up the pitch all game when covered with players of such elite defensive ability like nemanja and bruno. Not good enough. Sell for peanuts.
Are you kidding right? Matic is not a DM, his legs are gone, never was a pure DM and dynamic enough and bruno is knackered lately. Doesn´t mean Pogba shouldn´t work harder though. Just this stupid idea that matic can cover ground as a DM is stil circulating around.. sigh.

The idea to play these three is wrong, was expecting a zombie football from the minute one.

Leonzo1

What frustrates me the most about him is the fact that the thing he needs to do to step up his game is just to get rid of some of his daft "shielding the ball from 9 opposition players" habits. he literally has everything. The only player in world football that will become much better by doing far less.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He improved in the second half. He drives me mad, though. So much better the last few weeks, gone was the arrogance and complacency. He seemed to be playing as a team player, working harder, doing the simple thing, waiting the right time to display his class. It's still there though, lurking just under the surface.

Canagel

Very good again. The game changed when he was given freedom to move forward and he was involved in everything good in the attack. We didnt even look like a football team before then

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It's understandable with the whole circus that surrounds him that people would want him gone, but I really hope he stays and we get the best out of him. He's such a dominating presence in midfield and I think we need him for any serious title challenge this season or the next.

OldTrevil

Are you kidding right? Matic is not a DM, his legs are gone, never was a pure DM and dynamic enough and bruno is knackered lately. Doesn´t mean Pogba shouldn´t work harder though. Just this stupid idea that matic can cover ground as a DM is stil circulating around.. sigh.

The idea to play these three is wrong, was expecting a zombie football from the minute one.
:lol: my fault for not using white text or /s to make it clear that calling one of our best players not good enough was sarcastic, let alone saying that Bruno and Matic provide elite defensive cover in midfield. You can never know on the caf right?

SSSSnake

Attempted the “Hollywood” pass a billion times and likes to take 5 touches to give the opposition a fighting chance to close him down. Zero footballing IQ at times.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Amazing how a bog standard average performance by Pogba is labelled as "Elite" by most on here.
:rolleyes:

Why do people create their own narrative like this? It's ridiculous.

Almost every post since the game has said that he was poor for 60-70 minutes and then had a fairly good end to the match. One guy at the top of this page quoted a post talking about an elite performance which was made a few weeks ago. That's it. Not 'most on here' labelling this performance as elite.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
It wasn't elite or anything, but it was fine. If you look at heatmaps, the formation is 5-1-4 when the midfield is Matic/Bruno/Pogba, so he has a lot of responsibility and I thought he did it ok for most of the match, and very well towards the end while chasing the goal.

Maguire and Matic occupy similar positions

Pogba a little ahead

Bruno in line with the forwards

zenith

For me as a fan, his and his fat agents antics have been so annoying that all I want is for him to just get out of here and that seems to be coming on in way of not able to see a genuinely good performance.

I thought he was bang average yesterday and only pushed on in the last 20 due to the fact that wolves backed off and they were probably absolutely knackered, thereby allowing him the space and time to do so. Not to mention that matic had an elite level game.

Red00012

He’s a decent option off the bench until he leaves in the summer then enter Donny :D

AFC NimbleThumb

He’s a decent option off the bench until he leaves in the summer then enter Donny :D
People are going to be woefully disappointed when Pogba’s no longer round to be the whipping boy cause Donny has done nothing to show he’ll be an adequate replacement.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
He's played his part in the last few weeks. An 8 or 10 week spell of simple, effective performances in line with much of what we've seen from him recently will render the agenda driven discussion irrelevant. We'll just be talking actual football.

RedDevilzFox

I think for me Pogba's best position remains in the opposition half in an attacking role. He spends way too much time giving the ball away cheaply in his own half, not sure why he feels he can dribble his way out of every problem when surrounded by 2-3 opposition players. Too much dilly dallying from him in the wrong area of the pitch.

If he is going to stay at united, it better be in the opposition half, unfortunately, he's been made redundant there as Bruno is clearly more capable in that role. Best for us to sell him and buy a deep playmaker who'd also provide some defensive cover instead.

Threesus

People are going to be woefully disappointed when Pogba’s no longer round to be the whipping boy cause Donny has done nothing to show he’ll be an adequate replacement.
We have coped up decently well when names like Cantona, Beckham and the like left. I am sure we will not be that much bad when Paul leaves.Saying that, I hope we can win the title before he leaves this summer, so that his time here will not be viewed as a complete and utter failure.

In regards to VDB, yes he has not shown much to warrant a starting position. I feel like he is a system player and he needs specific instructions to thrive. In our team where there is no attacking structure and everything is done on the fly, I have to wonder why we brought him. Or maybe I am not seeing something?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Him and his agent better shut up now and focus on the matches. If he decides to talk shit about United again, a fair punishment would be to lock him in a room for 24 hours with Souness.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
What frustrates me the most about him is the fact that the thing he needs to do to step up his game is just to get rid of some of his daft "shielding the ball from 9 opposition players" habits. he literally has everything. The only player in world football that will become much better by doing far less.
If he did less we may as well put him in the corner and water him twice a week

Classical Mechanic

We have coped up decently well when names like Cantona, Beckham and the like left. I am sure we will not be that much bad when Paul leaves.Saying that, I hope we can win the title before he leaves this summer, so that his time here will not be viewed as a complete and utter failure.
If we manage to win the title after he’s been superseded and marginalised it will affect his legacy negatively.

Saddy

We need everything to click and come together for us to win the league - plus Pogba is playing for his position in the French team in the summer. It will also enhance the transfer fee and number of clubs in the chase for him albeit limited on the wages they can afford to pay. It's Real Madrid, Juventus, PSG or Barcelona and they are welcome to him !

Success will be the (1) league title, (2) Europa Cup and (3) sell Pogba for anything above 50M in the summer - no coming back from this one he's offski....he's got everything to play for and it's a "win win win win win" for us. The 4th win is to get in a more consistent player and make sure (5) Bruno gets his wages up to Pogba level to keep him at the club as captain.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hth, he's been good ever since his fat bastard agent opened up his mouth.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Hth, he's been good ever since his fat bastard agent opened up his mouth.
He hasn't, in half of the games he's been shite just like before. Around 2 good games and 2 shite games.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He hasn't, in half of the games he's been shite just like before. Around 2 good games and 2 shite games.
I seriously believe "he was good" in this thread means "he wasn't shit". People have so low expectations of him that will accept anything. Somebody said "if Fred or McTominay would've put that kind of performance, they would be criticized for not doing enough offensively". PP thread in a nutshell.

He's been ok, nothing more, nothing less. His impact on the team is very low and "occasional" so to speak. He should not be trusted to play big games and Ole sees it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I said in the other thread can he do this every week. He got the agent chat shit bump and looked good straight after.
:D Yeh. There's more intent and fire in his belly to make things happen. It's in the right time when Bruno just can't do everything, with Bruno playing 3-4 games every week.

Whatever happen to Pogba by the end of season is not my concern. I just want everyone to do their best, when we have a shot at the League.

lost7

He's starting over VDB today, so he better perform well

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quality game but jeez, what the feck was he thinking when he didn't hold up the ball at the end? They then nearly went up the other end and scored. He's becoming known for doing that sort of barmy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.