Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

He was our best player for me yesterday only one able to keep possession
With 5 possession losses through bad touches and dispossessions only Martial out of the 20 outfield players lost the ball as much as Pogba. His pass completion was 8th out of the 13 players that were on the pitch for us last night. He was above Rashford and Bruno though. You could argue that his pass completion was high for the position that he played but with 1 key pass in the whole game (as many as Maguire, McT and Fred) it's hard to get excited about.

Born2Lose

With 5 possession losses through bad touches and dispossessions only Martial out of the 20 outfield players lost the ball as much as Pogba. His pass completion was 8th out of the 13 players that were on the pitch for us last night. He was above Rashford and Bruno though. You could argue that his pass completion was high for the position that he played but with 1 key pass in the whole game (as many as Maguire, McT and Fred) it's hard to get excited about.
To be fair for Pogba, that probably is a relatively good game.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He was "lively" or he "kept it simple". Oh, yeah he also tried... most common things when you are describing his game where he didn't lose much of the ball in dangerous areas by fecking around which in return somehow equate to him having a solid game with above mentioned arguments.

He is supposed to be a game changer. Like when Bruno has a stinker to pull something brilliant out of nothing. Has to do more while he is still here.

lost7

It is on pure raw numbers but we had low possession. He only made 39 passes in this game compared to his 90 minute average in the PL of 60. His pass completion was about 2% higher than average.
He played a lot forward passes in City's half, though, so his pass completion (84%) is pretty good. Everyone else bar Bruno was just passing sideways, so comparing his % to say McTominay makes 0 sense. He had a tidy game yesterday, which is more than I can say for most other players.

The thing is he should really be affecting the game more, though

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was "lively" or he "kept it simple". Oh, yeah he also tried... most common things when you are describing his game where he didn't lose much of the ball in dangerous areas by fecking around which in return somehow equate to him having a solid game with above mentioned arguments.

He is supposed to be a game changer. Like when Bruno has a stinker to pull something brilliant out of nothing. Has to do more while he is still here.
Is he though ? Like I've always said, if Pogba does something to change the game (assist or goal or start a move that turns into a goal), it's a bonus, not something he's capable of doing regularly. His career is a testament of that

Jim Beam

Is he though ? Like I've always said, if Pogba does something to change the game (assist or goal or start a move that turns into a goal), it's a bonus, not something he's capable of doing regularly. His career is a testament of that
When he is in advanced position you expect him to be more dangerous and more threatening. A moment player like he was in Juventus who can turn the game with his individual quality.

Those moments have been very rare even in his so called preferred position when he is moved away from deeper areas.

kouroux

When he is in advanced position you expect him to be more dangerous and more threatening. A moment player like he was in Juventus who can turn the game with his individual quality.

Those moments have been very rare even in his so called preferred position when he is moved away from deeper areas.
I get you but Juventus was a while ago, he's not that player anymore. Those decisive moments, a player has them naturally in his game (like Bruno) or he doesn't.
Pogba is just not that type of midfielder for me, anything from him that affects the scoreline will be a bonus.

Jim Beam

I get you but Juventus was a while ago, he's not that player anymore. Those decisive moments, a player has them naturally in his game (like Bruno) or he doesn't.
Pogba is just not that type of midfielder for me, anything from him that affects the scoreline will be a bonus.
Yeah, I get you too. But, he was supposed to be that kind of player when he made his breakthrough.

My biggest problem with him is that he actually didn't develop (for whatever reason). Shame.

poleglass red

One moment for me in 2nd half epitomised Pogba to a tee. The bit on the wing where he tried to knock the ball around Stones and move around him to collect it, the old kick and chase. Stones outran and out muscled him of the ball, Stones then turns and carries the ball out, Pogba gently jogs back, makes no concerted effort to win back possession. The problem here is of course is his unwillingness to win it back but it then leads to City starting a counter attack. Bruno had the same issue countless times where he loses possession and it leads to a counter.

Last edited:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
A bit harsh, but considering you support time travel I will take your word for it.
I mean you have to play everyone out of position to accommodate this show pony. Bruno has to drop deeper, Rashford has to play on the right, you have to play an additional DM like McTominay in place of a forward like Greenwood, all for one game where he looks good and then back to square 1 the next.

Jim Beam

I mean you have to play everyone out of position to accommodate this show pony. Bruno has to drop deeper, Rashford has to play on the right, you have to play an additional DM like McTominay in place of a forward like Greenwood, all for one game where he looks good and then back to square 1 the next.
Once Bruno got here, his position became even more redundant. If you play him deeper he is suspect to high press and turnovers, play him further he doesn't contribute nearly enough as someone like Bruno.

Am fine and no bad blood with him going away. Good riddance and all the best, but he should still be judged by high standards, and that, last night, wasn't great. He was less shit than those around him, well bloody brilliant.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Have to stop playing him on the left wing. Poor from Ole really. he is not a winger.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Thought he was decent yesterday. Got very angry at Martial towards the end and started yelling at him.

lost7

Sorry but this is such a silly comment. Bruno drops deep all the time even when Pogba doesn't play. And the reason we have to play 2 DMs is not because of Pogba, but because neither Fred, McTominay or Matic are good enough to be the sole CDM. We would need a Fabinho/Fernandinho in that position for that. Rashford playing on the right is the only thing you got right in that comment...

I get not liking Pogba after all the shit he said, but at least do not blatantly state incorrect facts. We've seen a midfield of McTominay/Fred with Bruno as the number 10 many times before (in particular when Pogba was injured last season) and Bruno used to drop deep even more often as he wouldn't receive the ball from those behind him

Jim Beam

Thought he was decent yesterday. Got very angry at Martial towards the end and started yelling at him.
Missed that. :lol:

Have to stop playing him on the left wing. Poor from Ole really. he is not a winger.
What exactly is he though? From my limited knowledge, I would say an attacking 8 who needs a controller behind him (Pirlo, Thiago type so he doesn't have to control to game as he isn't good at it), great box to box player who can cover for his defensive flaws and him hurting defence as the most advanced midfielder.

So, once we got Bruno he was pretty much done in terms of his place here or at least him being the main man.

mancan92

One moment for me in 2nd half epitomised Pogba to a tee. The bit on the wing where he tried to knock the ball around Stones and move around him to collect it, the old kick and chase. Stones outran and out muscled him of the ball, Stones then turns and carries the ball out, Pogba gently jogs back, makes no concerted effort to win back possession. The problem here is of course is his unwillingness to win it back but it then leads to City starting a counter attack. Bruno had the same issue countless times where he loses possession and it leads to a counter.
What about the two times he won the ball from de bruyne and drove forward past a tackle gave the ball to bruno and martial in good positions where they messed it up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Missed that. :lol:

What exactly is he though? From my limited knowledge, I would say an attacking 8 who needs a controller behind him (Pirlo, Thiago type so he doesn't have to control to game as he isn't good at it), great box to box player who can cover for his defensive flaws and him hurting defence as the most advanced midfielder.

So, once we got Bruno he was pretty much done in terms of his place here or at least him being the main man.
I dont think he is good enough whatever position he plays. Maybe his best position though is left of a MF three, where he has a free role.

But having said that, he still is nowhere near a 90 million pound player.

Doesnt want to be here anyhow so dont know why Ole persists with him. Maybe to increase his price hopefully.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Sorry but this is such a silly comment. Bruno drops deep all the time even when Pogba doesn't play. And the reason we have to play 2 DMs is not because of Pogba, but because neither Fred, McTominay or Matic are good enough to be the sole CDM. We would need a Fabinho/Fernandinho in that position for that. Rashford playing on the right is the only thing you got right in that comment...

I get not liking Pogba after all the shit he said, but at least do not blatantly state incorrect facts. We've seen a midfield of McTominay/Fred with Bruno as the number 10 many times before (in particular when Pogba was injured last season) and Bruno used to drop deep even more often as he wouldn't receive the ball from those behind him
Sure we play two DMs but without pogba, rashford can play in his best position and Greenwood can come in on the right to exploit Zinchenko who is clearly the weak link in city’s defense.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He spent first half snowboating and losing posession, running into blind alleys, etc. I have no idea how that is good or anything close to acceptable performance. My favourite moment was when he was surrounded by three City players and instead of making an easy pass through the middle to keep the counter attack going he did stupid roll over the ball into a blind alley and lost the ball. Even if he didn't lose the ball it would be still the most stupid move of the night because it ruined a good opportunity for a counter attack.

It can be called as good performance if the standard to compare him was Martial who was somehow even worse though.

What's good about him when he isn't doing that then? Because doing midfield stuff is not one of the things he is good at.

kouroux

He spent first half snowboating and losing posession, running into blind alleys, etc. I have no idea how that is good or anything close to acceptable performance. My favourite moment was when he was surrounded by three City players and instead of making an easy pass through the middle to keep the counter attack going he did stupid roll over the ball into a blind alley and lost the ball. Even if he didn't lose the ball it would be still the most stupid move of the night because it ruined a good opportunity for a counter attack.

It can be called as good performance if the standard to compare him was Martial who was somehow even worse though.

What's good about him when he isn't doing that then? Because doing midfield stuff is not one of the things he is good at.
The game against Aston Villa. That's how he can help us at best. He's been here long enough, it's crazy to expect more than that.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Younger Pogba was more exciting and daring. Now he just seems sanitized (can't find a better word to describe).

jackal&hyde

Been a big fan of his but I have to say, it's time to go! Consistent talk from his agent about the club, the manager, the desire to go, I don't care about that as long as the performances are top class. They are not.

I love him as a character, I think he has been unfairly treated by the media and he is one of the most gifted players I have seen. He can not be consistent and he is at an age where he should lead, but he can not do that either. One good game and 2 bad ones, one horrific half and one decent one.

He needs to go for the betterment of himself and our own.

Stacks

Yeah, I get you too. But, he was supposed to be that kind of player when he made his breakthrough.

My biggest problem with him is that he actually didn't develop (for whatever reason). Shame.
This is it. its all correct what you guys are saying. you have to try and remember to revise what kind of player you think Paul is.

On another note, he does still produce moments. In some seasons he was statistically better at United than even some of his Juve seasons, including when you factor minutes played.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People saying Ole should let him rot in the reserves until he leaves. This is why Ole was right to continue using him.

Magnificent!

el3mel

Fantastic. Quality moment that won us the league and got us to the top, get in Paul !

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was class above everyone, worked hard defensively, his passing was very good.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Didn't see the game but I saw his mucker, what a MASSIVE goal that might prove to be at the end of the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.