6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

Your right it’s not. He also plays as a 10. Pogba plays as a 6. Would he get more numbers than Bruno.. maybe not. Bruno’s an amazing stat padder. But to simple say Bruno contributes more when he literally stacks GA’s through penalties and playing the pass before the goal is pretty harsh.
Pardon? What is a stat padder? Is that what goal contributions are reduced to now? Bruno absolutely contributes more. Check United pre Bruno and check United post Bruno. Our teams improvement is much larger with Bruno than with Pogba, which is the purpose of football, to win games. You may as well say Lampard was a stat padder as he scored and assitsed but I guess those are not important in football as its all about sideways passes. Why do you think attacking players cost the most? Maybe because goals wins games. Salah is a stat padder

BTW I hate this Bruno vs Pogba shite but Bruno is our most important asset right now

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Innit, I feel like Pogba is a great example of how the media and narrative can make a difference in what people think about a person. I only ever see positivity from him and no one ever seems to say anything bad about the bloke.
Jose successfully character assassinated him.

So many at that time chose to use Pogba as the scapegoat for why the team wasn't performing, but time has revealed that was a Jose issue all along.

Pogba has never been the virus to United, just the virus to Jose. He was the only one big enough to stand up to Jose and say this wasn't good enough for United.

If anything Pogba is a martyr for United.

It was quite interesting to hear his interview with sky after the Burnley match. They asked him whether he was happy now - and he replied with a smile "i'm always happy when i'm winning".

I think all along Pogba has just wanted to be in a team genuinely challenging, he's often been demotivated coming from a team that won several league titles in a row to joining a united team that promised big things and delivered little.

Now the team is on the upward path it's no coincidence his mood has lifted. I think if we can really challenge this year and give it an even better next, he will probably stay.

Stacks

I must say that it does frustrate me that Pogba just doesn’t have the mind of a goalscorer. Technically, he is superb, and you imagine that in training, he is devastating. But on the pitch, I wish he’d be more aggressive and purposeful when it comes to scoring.

I don’t think Bruno is as good at shooting. He doesn’t have a particularly good shot from range, and his time here has highlighted that the goalkeepers in Portugal are clowns because they were flying in from 30-40 yards - but they seem to lack the power for me. That said - when Bruno is in and around the box, he shoots as if he means it. To use a Gary Neville expression - he is ‘cold’ in front of goal. Pogba, I feel he almost closes his eyes and shoots. The closer he gets to the goal, the more likely he is to snatch at it. The further away, and lower the percentage of scoring (and therefore, the responsibility of scoring) - his shooting is better. He just doesn’t have the mindset and purpose to score goals. Bruno has this in abundance. Pogba has two good feet, height and power. He should score a lot more I think, but he’s more comfortable passing than shooting I reckon. Even when in position - he’ll take the shot only if he absolutely has to. If there is a pass on, he will pass first. With Bruno, if he feels he fan score, he will shoot.
During the last game my close mate (who is a Pogba stan) was moaning saying "I hate this verison of Pogba, its so boring like old man Rooney when he lost his edge. It's just a worser version of Carrick" (most of this was during the first half and early second half).
basically my boy wants Pogba to just be a beast like Yaya Toure or Gerrard and threaten the oppositions goal every game with both technique, energy and skill rather than a deeper player. He probably thinks Pogba's gifts would be used better by other players

Bruno is the best long range striker in our team. Its not even about Portugal. Even here when he strikes it he so often gets so close to scoring (mere inches or a yard) or forces an outstanding save.I trust him the most to work the keeper from range or pose a legit threat. Pogba had years to show off his range shooting and he has looked worse at it than what I anticipated from his Juve highlights (yes I openly admit to not watching Serie A much) so I have to politely disagree

romufc

Innit, I feel like Pogba is a great example of how the media and narrative can make a difference in what people think about a person. I only ever see positivity from him and no one ever seems to say anything bad about the bloke.
It is what is fed to the media too. Jose fed negativity to the media about Pogba and coupled with his comments and Raiola's comments the narrative was set.

From day one of Ole, he has always maintained how valuable he is to him. We see videos of him joking around with Lingard, Matic, Bailly and even Dan James shows what an asset he is in the changing room.

When Bruno came to the club, Pogba showed him around to look for houses.

MetoTTT

Jose successfully character assassinated him.

So many at that time chose to use Pogba as the scapegoat for why the team wasn't performing, but time has revealed that was a Jose issue all along.

Pogba has never been the virus to United, just the virus to Jose. He was the only one big enough to stand up to Jose and say this wasn't good enough for United.

If anything Pogba is a martyr for United.

It was quite interesting to hear his interview with sky after the Burnley match. They asked him whether he was happy now - and he replied with a smile "i'm always happy when i'm winning".

I think all along Pogba has just wanted to be in a team genuinely challenging, he's often been demotivated coming from a team that won several league titles in a row to joining a united team that promised big things and delivered little.

Now the team is on the upward path it's no coincidence his mood has lifted. I think if we can really challenge this year and give it an even better next, he will probably stay.
Not sure if serious. What about the timing of Raiola's statements Pogba at United is over just before the Leipzig game? Could you just explain this, please? Not his fault maybe? I think he isn't a bad person but is badly advised and/or naive, not worked as expected here and I'm tired of the social media.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
During the last game my close mate (who is a Pogba stan) was moaning saying "I hate this verison of Pogba, its so boring like old man Rooney when he lost his edge. It's just a worser version of Carrick" (most of this was during the first half and early second half).
basically my boy wants Pogba to just be a beast like Yaya Toure or Gerrard and threaten the oppositions goal every game with both technique, energy and skill rather than a deeper player. He probably thinks Pogba's gifts would be used better by other players

Bruno is the best long range striker in our team. Its not even about Portugal. Even here when he strikes it he so often gets so close to scoring (mere inches or a yard) or forces an outstanding save.I trust him the most to work the keeper from range or pose a legit threat. Pogba had years to show off his range shooting and he has looked worse at it than what I anticipated from his Juve highlights (yes I openly admit to not watching Serie A much) so I have to politely disagree
Bruno barely gets enough power to score from 30 yards. Pogba can definitely strike it sweeter and truer from that sort of distance I feel. I think Scott McTominay and Rashford also strike a better ball from range.

My issue with Pogba in this regard is mental. Technically, he strikes the ball better. But he just doesn’t shoot with as much purpose. And I agree that he hasn’t scored many from range, but neither has Bruno. He’s scored one bs Everton with exactly the sort of shot I am speaking of. It should never have beaten Pickford - but you know Pickford! Other than that, I’d say he has good accuracy - just not the power.

Pogba is a passer first I think. It’s just a mindset thing. I wouldn’t want a big chance to fall to him as I feel like he’d snatch at it. I’d want nobody else in our squad to have to make the bug pass though.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not sure if serious. What about the timing of Raiola's statements Pogba at United is over just before the Leipzig game? Could you just explain this, please? Not his fault maybe? I think he isn't a bad person but is badly advised and/or naive, not worked as expected here and I'm tired of the social media.
Why not ask Raiola about the timing of his comments? They are not the same person. It has been clear for a long time that Mino does and says whatever he feels.

Stacks

Bruno barely gets enough power to score from 30 yards. Pogba can definitely strike it sweeter and truer from that sort of distance I feel. I think Scott McTominay and Rashford also strike a better ball from range.

My issue with Pogba in this regard is mental. Technically, he strikes the ball better. But he just doesn’t shoot with as much purpose. And I agree that he hasn’t scored many from range, but neither has Bruno. He’s scored one bs Everton with exactly the sort of shot I am speaking of. It should never have beaten Pickford - but you know Pickford! Other than that, I’d say he has good accuracy - just not the power.

Pogba is a passer first I think. It’s just a mindset thing. I wouldn’t want a big chance to fall to him as I feel like he’d snatch at it. I’d want nobody else in our squad to have to make the bug pass though.
OH ok. you mean from 'long' long range. I was talking outside the box. Yeah you might be onto something.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
OH ok. you mean from 'long' long range. I was talking outside the box. Yeah you might be onto something.
Yea. If you look at a vid, they were flying in from Bruno from 30-40 yards all the time at Sporting. He’s had some efforts like that here - but have been comfortable for all keepers.

20 yards isn’t that far out, you can score with a side-foot. Further than that requires a cleanness of strike that I don’t think Bruno has, or at least isn’t a main strength.

criticalanalysis

Yes this is true and what I find a bit frustrating with him and Rashford. Quite often they will find the space, have already shifted the ball to one side but forego the opportunity to strike a ball with the laces and over complicate it (side foot, knuckleball, going too much for the far/near corner etc), try to be too subtle or play a eye of the needle type pass.

We as a team definitely have issues being gun shy when in the most advantageous areas. That applies to Martial too but then we are also talking about in and out of the box. Really would love Ole to sort this out..

Adam-Utd

Raiola did an interview becuase he was at the golden boy awards. They asked him about Pogba and he ran his mouth.

The interview got released just befoe the awards which happened on that week - this wasn't anything to do with Pogba at all.

I think by now we can see Pogba IS and WILL remain professional which is all we can ask of him. If he wants to leave at the end of his contract then so be it?

It's up to us to convince him we will remain competitive, as he will walk into any club he wants, let's not forget that.

MDFC Manager

Why not ask Raiola about the timing of his comments? They are not the same person. It has been clear for a long time that Mino does and says whatever he feels.
Raiola did an interview becuase he was at the golden boy awards. They asked him about Pogba and he ran his mouth.

The interview got released just befoe the awards which happened on that week - this wasn't anything to do with Pogba at all.
Thanks for the context of Raiola's comments. First time I've seen that. Compare that to at least 100 posts on here to the effect of "Raiola only speaks whatever and whenever Pogba tells him to. Blame only and solely Pogba for it". And 200 more posts to the effect of "the only way Pogba can now show his commitment to United is by sacking Raiola".

As if that's how it works :houllier:

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Didn't know where to put this and its pobga related so I'll just say it here. Is our social media team run by morons? I've seen a comparison of an actual wonder goal by pogba alongside his burnley strike on insta and the caption being which one was better. And now on YouTube they post a video of all the angles of the pogba burnley goal. Do these guys know it was deflected? Yes yes old man yelling at clouds but its a little annoying.

Adam-Utd

Thanks for the context of Raiola's comments. First time I've seen that. Compare that to at least 100 posts on here to the effect of "Raiola only speaks whatever and whenever Pogba tells him to. Blame only and solely Pogba for it". And 200 more posts to the effect of "the only way Pogba can now show his commitment to United is by sacking Raiola".

As if that's how it works :houllier:
It was poor timing for sure, but Pogba this time DID put something on his social media about being committed and not to listen etc, we've never had that before from him.

On other occasions it's been Paul speaking directly to the media - on those occasions he's guilty of feeding the fire, but not this time.

I think it's fair to say all along all he ever wanted was for United to be competitive. He's had his own personal struggles with injury and COVID, and now he seems over them we are back to seeing the best Pogba.

I hope he realises this team is on the verge of doing something now, leaving would be a silly move especially as we're likely to give him a great wage, and he seems happy in manchester.

TrustInOle

Been terrific recently, glad his fitness concerns are looking to be over him. Fully fit Pogba, Bruno and Rashford for the rest of the season and we will be right up there. :smirk:

Edit. Add Bailly too.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Didn't know where to put this and its pobga related so I'll just say it here. Is our social media team run by morons? I've seen a comparison of an actual wonder goal by pogba alongside his burnley strike on insta and the caption being which one was better. And now on YouTube they post a video of all the angles of the pogba burnley goal. Do these guys know it was deflected? Yes yes old man yelling at clouds but its a little annoying.
I don’t know what’s wrong with that, give it rest man. Both were very good goal, the Burnley one is harder to execute due to first time volley while the west ham one is more beautiful.

UDontMessWith24

Pardon? What is a stat padder? Is that what goal contributions are reduced to now? Bruno absolutely contributes more. Check United pre Bruno and check United post Bruno. Our teams improvement is much larger with Bruno than with Pogba, which is the purpose of football, to win games. You may as well say Lampard was a stat padder as he scored and assitsed but I guess those are not important in football as its all about sideways passes. Why do you think attacking players cost the most? Maybe because goals wins games. Salah is a stat padder

BTW I hate this Bruno vs Pogba shite but Bruno is our most important asset right now
Check the United that got Ole the full time gig in the first place.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
His last few months have been widely praised (as widely as he'll ever be praised here ), many comments about this being his best run of form, etc. Interesting that stats disagree with this in every respect - in terms of end product, passing, and influence (touches), this is his worst-ever season. The 2 stats where he's significantly higher are the amount of tackles and aerial duel contested (his win %age for both is the same/worse than before).

All these stats include last season, when he played in the 4-2-3-1 behind Bruno, so it isn't just that he's playing a different role. Of course, all this could be affected by his awful start to the season. But even removing those I don't think he's exceeding his previous seasons. I think the type of praise he's been getting is because his previous seasons here are very under-rated.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He will likely to play against Liverpool due to his recent form and like what he said if we want to win we need to focus and I hope he really focus for this Liverpool game and I also hope he will show moment of magic. Him, Bruno & Rashford will need to perform, those three are our super star in the team, when they play very well especially together means we have a very good chance to win this big game.

AFC NimbleThumb

Since he’s been here I’ve read on the caf (more than once) that ‘If we pay x such and such amount then it will be a problem because Pogba will not like it and demand to be the highest player’, or ‘as we know, Pogba likes to be the centre of attention’ etc.

If anyone objectively asks themselves what that is based upon, the answer is feck all. Cannot be more than assumptions made on hairstyles. Literally been zero evidence his whole career that he is purely money motivated for example. He turned down more money at United to join Juve, he got a reasonable wage commensurate with his profile when he rejoined and hasn’t increased it since - despite Sanchez and De Gea being put on more during that period. All indications also suggest that should he leave United - it would be for a smaller salary than he is on now.
Top point.

I prefer to listen to his teammates [you know those that have played with/are playing with him] on what he’s actually like & you never hear a bad word on him personally.

Current United fave Bruno remarked how key he was in helping him settle in but Caf ITKs want to you how much of a virus he is based on feck all.

It’s like a partner who thinks they’re dating out of their league, so many people are sure he doesn’t/didn’t want to be here. Fact is if we were dominating as the club should he’d have no need to look elsewhere. I highly doubt KdB grew up wanting to play for Citeh but he’s going nowhere in his prime.

He’s been far from perfect but literally stood out amongst the dross this place seem to favour for all other reasons than their actual footballing abilities.

drdoityourself

Liverpool rarely attack through the midfield. I do think we can get away with playing him in a midfield two in this fixture. He has after all found a new level of focus and seems more aware of his positioning and is quicker on his release of the ball. Having him as an outlet could make a huge difference over McTominay who struggles on the ball. Pogba has also been impressive on defending set-pieces.

For me he needs to start this game if we have any intent on winning it. The attacking players are largely quite wasteful, prone to giving the ball away very often, in particular Rashford and Bruno. It's not a dig at them, they are very productive but do lose possession often. We need someone who has the quality to take care of the ball and bring it forward. Putting Pogba on the left chasing Alexander-Arnold who bombs forward at any opportunity would play to their advantage.

cyberman

Liverpool rarely attack through the midfield. I do think we can get away with playing him in a midfield two in this fixture. He has after all found a new level of focus and seems more aware of his positioning and is quicker on his release of the ball. Having him as an outlet could make a huge difference over McTominay who struggles on the ball. Pogba has also been impressive on defending set-pieces.

For me he needs to start this game if we have any intent on winning it. The attacking players are largely quite wasteful, prone to giving the ball away very often, in particular Rashford and Bruno. It's not a dig at them, they are very productive but do lose possession often. We need someone who has the quality to take care of the ball and bring it forward. Putting Pogba on the left chasing Alexander-Arnold who bombs forward at any opportunity would play to their advantage.
Put you have Paul out wide finding space to operate that Trent leaves behind. Hell a diamond midfield has Mc Fred in midfield, Paul out wide with Rashford drifting wide into that space anyway.
Pogba with space, in this form, is not a problem for us.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
His last few months have been widely praised (as widely as he'll ever be praised here ), many comments about this being his best run of form, etc. Interesting that stats disagree with this in every respect - in terms of end product, passing, and influence (touches), this is his worst-ever season. The 2 stats where he's significantly higher are the amount of tackles and aerial duel contested (his win %age for both is the same/worse than before).

All these stats include last season, when he played in the 4-2-3-1 behind Bruno, so it isn't just that he's playing a different role. Of course, all this could be affected by his awful start to the season. But even removing those I don't think he's exceeding his previous seasons. I think the type of praise he's been getting is because his previous seasons here are very under-rated.
No doubt related to the teams overall performance and Pogba taking the blame.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His best performances for Juve came to the left of a 4 in a diamond.
Vidal
Pogba Marchisio
Pirlo​

Could we potentially replicate that with this?

Bruno
Pogba McTominay
Matic

Liverpool 0:0 Man Utd

slored1

Weird that he was put on the right. A mistake by Ole, he influences the game so much more on the left or through the middle.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Pogba was leaving Robertson unmarked throughout the game. It was weird decision to play him there. Simple switch with Scott would have made more sense

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Should have scored, average/below avg performance in a very weird position.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he did really well tbh, all things considered. Should've scored the chance, but generally looked really good and worked hard.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Pogba was leaving Robertson unmarked throughout the game. It was weird decision to play him there. Simple switch with Scott would have made more sense
Yup it was an obvious switch. 2 right backs (Fletcher used to play that role) against Robertson and Mane, and add some passing ability to midfield.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I think he played well but effectively fluffed his lines with the chance

el3mel

That was a pretty solid game, unspectacular but solid. Of course, he should have scored and in some balls he took longer than needed to pass but overall, showed a lot of urgency and intensity and put on a shift.

Though I absolutely believe this shouldn't be his position long term.

Ludens the Red

Considering he was thrown into a position he never played against the best side in the league I thought he did okay over all. Robertson got lots of space early on but he seemed to close the space better in the second half. But I have to say that chance is where he becomes a big moment player and he didnt take it when really he should haves

Sylar

I thought he was very disciplined and played well
Shame he missed the chance and it was straight at the keeper

Walters_19_MuFc

Again, our best of the attacking quartet. Not great by all means but was the only one that showed a bit of quality and composure.

Needed to do better with his chance but overall decent performance.

RUCK4444

Our best player after Shaw. Shows his quality to perform well in a totally new position against a top side.

Shame he didn’t score that chance.

We have to keep him, I’ve never once wavered from that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.