6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngliaRed

Only in the warped reality of the Pogba thread would you get people arguing - completely seriously - that the chance he missed was actually very difficult to score from :houllier:
He should of scored, even by his own admission after the game. He even apologised to the team.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Only in the warped reality of the Pogba thread would you get people arguing - completely seriously - that the chance he missed was actually very difficult to score from :houllier:
only a hypocrite would be on here criticising Pogba but not mentioning Bruno’s miss in his thread. Having looked back on Bruno’s a few times he’s closer to goal and between the posts and the ball is coming at him along the floor but similar to Pogba he only has one place where he can put it. He should’ve buried it though....as I’ve said previously I’ve hit my mum harder than Bruno hit that, really poor contact. Both were good chances, and actually if you read the thread my point was that he couldn’t have placed it as some have said. The line of the ball and body shape and Fabinho means that isn’t possible, anyone who’s played football will be aware of that. What Pogba needed was more height on it. I’d have backed Ruud for example to score that but not necessarily Ronaldo. Bruno’s chance just needed more power and perhaps more scrutiny but the narrative, like with yourself, is always around Pogba.

perhaps you did your usual trick of not even watching the game, yet having an opinion. Joker.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He should of scored, even by his own admission after the game. He even apologised to the team.
It wasn’t a tap in but a player of his quality should score chances like that, 9 times out of 10. It’s a bit of a side issue to his overall performance anyway. Which I thought was very good. Just a pity he didn’t cap it off with the winning goal.

AngliaRed

It wasn’t a tap in but a player of his quality should score chances like that, 9 times out of 10. It’s a bit of a side issue to his overall performance anyway. Which I thought was very good. Just a pity he didn’t cap it off with the winning goal.
absolutely - my thoughts exactly

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep, he hit it that hard the keeper had no idea where it was going. Just dont hit him and its in
Yeah, many a times players even mishit the ball which ends up in goal. Pogba struck the ball too well.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He did well, let's hope his form continues because we can't rely on Bruno all the time. Not other team has the luxury of being able to choose between Bruno or Pogba, or playing them both

lost7

I thought he should have scored as well, but honestly after watching that back it wasn't a super easy chance. Even Owen agreed it wasn't a glaring miss.

The chance he missed against Villa was worse tbh

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I thought he should have scored as well, but honestly after watching that back it wasn't a super easy chance. Even Owen agreed it wasn't a glaring miss.

The chance he missed against Villa was worse tbh
True, that was one you’d say he SHOULD have scored

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
How many out an out strikers score those chances 9/10....none. Ridiculous comment.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Is there a way of getting the Xg stat for that chance? I’m not a massive fan of the stat but perhaps it would give an idea of how big a chance it was statistically. Especially compared to other chances.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is there a way of getting the Xg stat for that chance? I’m not a massive fan of the stat but perhaps it would give an idea of how big a chance it was statistically. Especially compared to other chances.
Understat - 0.38
Infogol - 0.36

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's really fine that it was saved. He hit it low and on target. It's not like he completely fluffed it up, and I also thought he played well in what must have been an awkward position.

RUCK4444

He did well, let's hope his form continues because we can't rely on Bruno all the time. Not other team has the luxury of being able to choose between Bruno or Pogba, or playing them both
That’s why I hope we keep him. I think it’s mental to want him gone, I’ve said so all along.

If you want to progress and improve then you keep your best players, your players who can make things happen on the pitch.

They are not easy to come by and there isn’t anybody really in the mould of Pogba, he’s unique in his style/size/ability.

AFC NimbleThumb

Finally the Cafs coming round.

You have Bruno & Pogba you find a formation they can thrive under, OgS is getting many things right but this irks me greatly.

We don’t play Liverpool away each week; Pogba-Bruno-[A proper DM] should surely beat most teams if the defence don’t sh*t the bed every time they’re ran at.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
It's really fine that it was saved. He hit it low and on target. It's not like he completely fluffed it up, and I also thought he played well in what must have been an awkward position.
Wasn't really low, perfect GK height.

Also quite literally straight at Alisson, if he had crossed his arms and stopped playing he still would have saved it.

--

On the subject of Pogba's future, is there growing confidence he may stay at all, or do people still think he'll be off (I'm guessing in the summer now, seeing as he's playing well and Utd are challenging for the title)?

romufc

Finally the Cafs coming round.

You have Bruno & Pogba you find a formation they can thrive under, OgS is getting many things right but this irks me greatly.

We don’t play Liverpool away each week; Pogba-Bruno-[A proper DM] should surely beat most teams if the defence don’t sh*t the bed every time they’re ran at.
Haven't we seen this combination over the last few weeks though?

When you start conceding less goals, the team gets confident and you can take a few more risks, playing the 1 DM instead of 2.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Understat - 0.38
Infogol - 0.36
great thanks...so definitely not a great chance. Not one you’d expect someone to score 9/10 times.

For balance the Bruno chance had Xg:-

So clearly a much clearer chance and had Bruno got any power behind it, there’s a great chance he’d score there.

Shame really that one of the two didn’t find a winner, especially Bruno having by far the better chance.

AFC NimbleThumb

Haven't we seen this combination over the last few weeks though?

When you start conceding less goals, the team gets confident and you can take a few more risks, playing the 1 DM instead of 2.
Fair point, Pogba along Matic doesn’t feel quite as rigid of late but I feel a flatter 3 would get more from Pogba & Bruno.

The industrious side of Bruno’s game is wasted in the 10 imo; he may lose a few stats but I think a DM flanked by Pogba+Bruno would cause more issues than we already are.

That being said a better player in the double pivot would give Pogba even more licence so a total change probably isn’t necessary.

Zlatan Ibrahomovic

We are far from favoritues, but Pogba is for me the player in this team that can win us the title, with his quality on the ball and willingness to assume responsibility for the team with the ball. Let's support him and hope his good form continues and possibly even improves.

Kamprad

What would you guys think of a direct swap Pogba - Ödegaard after the season if the possibility would occur?

Magz

No chance. Not sure what Odegaard has even achieved for the fanboys he has.

Decent but overrated if you ask me.
He was La Liga's best player (bar Messi) last season (before getting injured). If Madrid offers a swap deal I'd take it in a heartbeat.

RUCK4444

He was La Liga's best player (bar Messi) last season (before getting injured). If Madrid offers a swap deal I'd take it in a heartbeat.
Really? If he was then I can’t have seen much of him and I very much doubt they would let him go in a swap?

United in sin

What would you guys think of a direct swap Pogba - Ödegaard after the season if the possibility would occur?
I don't think he's done anything to merit a move here. Besides, he's an attacking midfielder primarily, he'll merely get the VDB treatment here because he's not usurping Fernandes

Walters_19_MuFc

Pogba, despite playing in the wide areas in a few games for us, has mainly been playing as a number 6/8 in a double pivot. Therefore, if/when we replace him, it needs to be in for a player who also plays in that deeper position.

Now, I can't think of any direct swaps between two clubs but if we're to go for a replacement, based on this article, we should be looking at:

Ismaël Bennacer - AC Milan
Rodrigo Bentancur - Juventus
Manuel Locatelli - Sassuolo
Jude Bellingham - B Dortmund
Youri Tielemans - Leicester
Florian Neuhaus - B M.Gladbach
Mattéo Guendouzi - On loan to Hertha B
Bruno Guimarães - Lyon
Boubakary Soumaré - Lille

Not watched all of these players but I'm a big fan of Tielemans, who is yet again having a solid season for Leicester.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Imagine if Ole had done the stupid thing and dropped him like most wanted. Especially for a player not even half as good in Donny.

el3mel

Top, top quality goal this one. Reminds me of his screamers with Juve.

He grew into the game massively as it went on. First half he had several quite poor balls, but completely bossed it in second.

Please stay committed like this. I like committed Pogba.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great goal. Showed his class with the touch & then the strike. Hopefully he continues his good form for the remainder of the season.

Zen86

He frustrates me because he’s always been capable of this, and yet his form magically picks up when he’s likely playing for a transfer.

NinjaFletch

What a hit.

fecking great performance all round too, I thought, putting to bed all the myths that he can only be expected to play well on the left of a midfield three this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.