6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

He has been fantastic as of late. Can't help but feel DVB is part of the reason why he is so much better; similar to Shaw and Telles. Players usually need competition to be at their best.
maybe. Although Pobga has periods of form during most seasons so we have to see. Definitely noticed this with Shaw. he has been so much more braver and given me confidence in him.

Conor

Pogba has been doing a lot of dirty work recently... Go back and rewatch the Burnley and Sheffield United games.. He has been there for defensive headers.. for the 2nd ball..
He has always done that though; I'm not suggesting he does absolutely no defending, but he consistently doesn't track his man, jogs back during opposition attacks, loses the ball in dangerous positions(leading to opposition attacks), and delays on the ball unnecessarily at times. He has done it since day 1, and probably at Juve too, where he would have gotten away with it more. I genuinely see him do these things in maybe 80-90% of the games he plays, aside from the genuinely world class performance he has, where he doesn't put a foot wrong. It's just how he plays football.

The further up the pitch he plays, the more he can get away with it, but when he's playing as a proper midfielder, I just personally think it's not good enough to be making those mistakes and never learning from them. We now have Fernandes, who makes a lot of mistakes as well, so I would personally just prefer someone more consistent, I would happily take Pogba as that person, if he could do it, but I don't think he can. Fred can make 1 of the mistakes Pogba makes while in possession in our half and get crucified, but yet Pogba seemingly has carte blanch to do it, because he scores and average amount of goals from midfield, penalties aside. Before anyone jumps down my throat, I am discounting penalties because most of the midfielders he would be compared to(when it comes to goals) would not take penalties for their teams.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Bruno has made him a proper player again. If he slacks off he will get hammered now, because he aint the star anymore.

IF he continues to apply himself in the same way, I don't mind him staying. But its Pogba, you never know.

I think the safest option is to sell and invest in somebody new.
Bruno this and Bruno that. Imagine giving credit to Pogba himself. He had a long injury and covid, surely he underperformed for a while but hes been to his best now due to himself. or maybe Bruno helped him with his poor form? Bruno is a revelation but all Fred, Maguire, Shaw has been great as of late which are giving team so much composure too. I am one of Bruno´s biggest fans and I dont care he plays a bit like Nani that he can be world class in a moment and woeful the next, let´s just not overrate him too much, the expectations will be too high. It was always gonna look better than Pereira, Lingard, McT in midfield.

Let´s enjoy we have all these brilliant players but it´s just not Bruno´s effort. I often see commentators jizzing over whatever Bruno does while ommiting his flaws as if he´s untouchable. Let´s give some balance to the narrative.

BlackBen

Bruno has made him a proper player again. If he slacks off he will get hammered now, because he aint the star anymore.

IF he continues to apply himself in the same way, I don't mind him staying. But its Pogba, you never know.

I think the safest option is to sell and invest in somebody new.
Bruno for Director of football.

jackal&hyde

maybe. Although Pobga has periods of form during most seasons so we have to see. Definitely noticed this with Shaw. he has been so much more braver and given me confidence in him.
I think he got hurt emotionally/ ego by being on the bench so much. I agree that this period might not last but DVB breathing down his neck might just be enough to keep the fire going for the season. I believe his form will be key in us fighting for the league.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think he got hurt emotionally/ ego by being on the bench so much. I agree that this period might not last but DVB breathing down his neck might just be enough to keep the fire going for the season. I believe his form will be key in us fighting for the league.
VDB is barely breathing down his neck tbh. They don’t even seem to be competing for the same role. As it is, Pogba doesn’t start every game, and when he doesn’t, he is not replaced by VDB.

Crashoutcassius

To be honest when people say that I think they just mean buy a dedicated DM, I mean what else can you really do that would consist of building the team around him? even dropping Bruno and playing him in the number 10 every week wouldn't consist of that seeing as though his best position is a little further back.

I would love nothing more than for us to buy a Rice/Ndidi type to play alongside him and Bruno and watch them flourish, throw in a striker that is constantly making smart runs a la Haaland and you have a recipe for success.
I actually think since ole came Fred has been the better player. I would try to find the perfect partner for fred. For me it is probably a play maker that is better than pogba from those deep positions, but who can contribute to the defensive side of a double pivot more often than pogba

Worried that we will sign the perfect partner for pogba, pogba leaves, doesn't really suit playing with Fred ..

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-edinson-cavani-united-23360670

Fully expect Martial to now be sold to Inter and Pogba won't be getting a Christmas card. :lol: put the boot in there a bit. I am happy for him though because I know he loved playing with Zlatan
If you see the interview you would see that there’s nothing to see here. Probably just the Mirror scraping the barrel. He basically said our forwards have different qualities and as a result compliment each other well.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Martial went to Inter!

Stacks

If you see the interview you would see that there’s nothing to see here. Probably just the Mirror scraping the barrel. He basically said our forwards have different qualities and as a result compliment each other well.

That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Martial went to Inter!
To be fair I was slyly trolling. I told me friend its probably miscommunication as maybe he meant to say "they don't have Cavani's 'qualities'" as in they each possess different skill sets.

christian bennett

I can't tell if people are blind, or I just don't get football. He was absolutely crap, goal aside. He had one other nice pass into Martial in the box, but apart from that I thought he was really bad. He is incredibly dangerous to have in a deep position.
Yeah its the latter and your probably blind yourself.

Conor

speaking of which....where’s those five players you offered?
Our whole defence and keeper, Fred, I would say Pogba was pushing for worst player on the pitch after Fernandes and Rashford.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
He seems pretty close with Martial, Rashy, Bailly, Lingard and a few others. I see him signing a new contract in March/April. He was talking about contracts only a few months ago. It could still happen.
Well I hope you are right. But I think he's shown himself to be fundamentally pretty narcissistic and self absorbed and will only do what suits him.

Rolaholic

Well I hope you are right. But I think he's shown himself to be fundamentally pretty narcissistic and self absorbed and will only do what suits him.
Everyone who's known him personally continuously says otherwise but you must have quite the special insight from afar I'm sure...

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Our whole defence and keeper, Fred, I would say Pogba was pushing for worst player on the pitch after Fernandes and Rashford.
So if I’m right, the Liverpool game.....

DeGea
AWB
Maguire
Lindelof
Shaw
MCT
fred
Martial
Alison
TAA
Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Shakiri
Firmino
Sala
Mane

Were better than Pogba?

(Fred :lol: :lol: :lol: )

He'sRaldo

DeGea
AWB
Maguire
Lindelof
Shaw
MCT
fred
Martial
Alison
TAA
Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Shakiri
Firmino
Sala
Mane

Were better than Pogba?

You see, that's how Pogba ends up having just 5 good games per year.

lost7

Never seen such a divisive player in a fanbase... There's people who irrationally adore him and people who irrationally despise him.

I think calling him world class again based on a good month and half of performances is laughable, but at the same time those who can't admit he's been playing really well the for a while now should really get a grip as well. He's arguably been our best player this month (along with Shaw) and I don't think that's up to debate unless you're blinded by your Pogba dislike

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You see, that's how Pogba ends up having just 5 good games per year.
He have to score 20 goals, legitimately (no pens) and 20 world class assists....not five yard passes or Hollywood passes that don’t lead to a chance but the player goes on to score...and certainly not crosses that the keeper drops. To get any credit from our fans.

He’s legitimately played well in 11 of the last 12 games and you get the same comments you get every time he has a run of good form.....ie this is the first time he’s played well etc.
I don’t mind anymore people not liking him, but people just making nonsense up bores me. I can’t wait for him to leave.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Christ what a load of rubbish, Pogba was decent considering he was out of position, we constantly looked for him with the ball as his physicality is a nightmare for the other team, he had a good match I thought.

Conor

DeGea
AWB
Maguire
Lindelof
Shaw
MCT
fred
Martial
Alison
TAA
Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson
Thiago
Shakiri
Firmino
Sala
Mane

Were better than Pogba?

I was talking about Utd players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can't tell if people are blind, or I just don't get football. He was absolutely crap, goal aside. He had one other nice pass into Martial in the box, but apart from that I thought he was really bad. He is incredibly dangerous to have in a deep position.
That’s harsh. He’s been absolutely shite loads of times this season but you have to give credit when it’s due. He worked hard, put a decent defensive shift in (Fulham’s goal aside!) and passed the ball well. It was a good performance IMO.

Conor

That’s harsh. He’s been absolutely shite loads of times this season but you have to give credit when it’s due. He worked hard, put a decent defensive shift in (Fulham’s goal aside!) and passed the ball well. It was a good performance IMO.
I'll admit that my initial post was a bit hyperbolic, but I really didn't think he was good, fantastic goal aside(which obviously won us the match). I've never had to post this much in the football forum since making that comment, I'll keep it to myself next time :lol:

glazed

Everyone who's known him personally continuously says otherwise but you must have quite the special insight from afar I'm sure...
What are they going to say - he's got a narcissistic personality disorder and is completely self absorbed? He cares more about his haircuts and what's on his airpods than winning? He's only motivated to play well so he can get a big money transfer to Madrid?

They're not really going to say that, are they?

Jose called him a virus. Ole kept him away from the squad for months. Draw your own conclusions.

Diabovermelho

Pogba's numbers:

16/17 - 51 games - 9 goals - 6 assists

17/18 - 37 games - 6 goals - 12 assists

18/19 - 47 games - 16 goals - 11 assists

19/20 - 22 games - 1 goal - 4 assists

20/21 - 24 games - 4 goals - 3 assists

His numbers aren't bad, considering he's been playing mainly in a double pivot. Involved in 72 goals in 181 games for us.

Take Gundogan who's been involved in 51 goals in 184 games, or Henderson who's been involved in 25 goals in 173 games (since 16/17), Wijnaldum who's been involved in 37 goals in 213 games (since 16/17), and you can see that Pogba has better numbers than all of them.

lost7

What are they going to say - he's got a narcissistic personality disorder and is completely self absorbed? He cares more about his haircuts and what's on his airpods than winning? He's only motivated to play well so he can get a big money transfer to Madrid?

They're not really going to say that, are they?

Jose called him a virus. Ole kept him away from the squad for months. Draw your own conclusions.
Ole has never kept him away for months, do you have to blatantly lie just to push your agenda? And by the way, the fact that you're dismissing all the good opinions about Pogba just because it doesn't match your opinion is amusing to say the least. And to top it all off, you've managed to sneak in a complain about his haircuts. Gotta say, that's a quality comment right there :rolleyes:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'll admit that my initial post was a bit hyperbolic, but I really didn't think he was good, fantastic goal aside(which obviously won us the match). I've never had to post this much in the football forum since making that comment, I'll keep it to myself next time :lol:
If you have the time and the opportunity to rewatch the game, you should. It might help you see things better

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Probably a bit hyperbolic. Far less poor games than good ones. We’ve only played 19 games and he’s been good for two months straight, and hasn’t even played in some - and the entire season is barely 4 months old! He had about 3 bad ones at the start of the season, and even if you are in the camp of ‘I’m not buying this covid nonsense’ which unsurprisingly, I actually read on here at the time at the start of the season - it’s still only about 3 bad games, maybe 4 perhaps.

Conor

If you have the time and the opportunity to rewatch the game, you should. It might help you see things better
I just don't think I like how Pogba plays in midfield(worldies aside), so I'm viewing things he does in a more negative light than others possibly. His lack of awareness of opponents close to him when on the ball in our half(which often leads to dispossessions when we have a lot of the team forward), the aimless long balls, and the refusal to move the ball on quickly at times are just things that I dislike, and I view it as bad decision making and bad play, so I don't think my mind is going to change, to be honest! I'm obviously in the minority anyway, so I think people can stop getting themselves in knots over my opinion.

glazed

Ole has never kept him away for months, do you have to blatantly lie just to push your agenda? And by the way, the fact that you're dismissing all the good opinions about Pogba just because it doesn't match your opinion is amusing to say the least. And to top it all off, you've managed to sneak in a complain about his haircuts. Gotta say, that's a quality comment right there :rolleyes:
You must be a really top red to defend your guy with such loyalty. I am humbled before you. When we win the league it will be because of you and in spite of me.

lost7

You must be a really top red to defend your guy with such loyalty. I am humbled before you. When we win the league it will be because of you and in spite of me.
Look, I hope we sell him this summer and get Grealish instead. And personally I was one of those who was of the opinion that Pogba should have never worn a United shirt after the comments Raiola made before the RB game, so I'm far from a Pogba stan. But if I see a silly comment based on nonsense, I will call it out.

But anyways, luckily neither my opinion or yours will have any impact on whether we win the league or not :D

jem

Just imagine if he maintains this form and Bruno, Martial and Rashford hit form at the same time - a scary proposition!

lex talionis

Just imagine if he maintains this form and Bruno, Martial and Rashford hit form at the same time - a scary proposition!
This is my thesis as well: If Marcus, Anthony, Bruno and Paul can all perform at peak, for just a 3-4 month period of time, I would be extremely concerned if I were the opposition.

But when have all four had a great performance in the same game?

jem

This is my thesis as well: If Marcus, Anthony, Bruno and Paul can all perform at peak, for just a 3-4 month period of time, I would be extremely concerned if I were the opposition.

But when have all four had a great performance in the same game?
That's the problem, but I can see it happening. And when it does, I think we'll something similar to when LFC's front 3 were firing on all cylinders.

tjb

Totally Knee jerk but I’d have no problem with him signing another deal here if he’s finally actually committed, I do think he’s off though. it’ll be quite hard replace a match winning box to box, there aren’t loads of them out there.
The problem is he's not worth the deal. He'd demand 400k despite the fact he's a 200k player. We can't afford to overvalue him like that. Furthermore, he's proven that if we aren't in good form, he's not one of our leaders, possibly even being a divisive figure in the dressing room. He's not perfect for us and we're not perfect for him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
The problem is he's not worth the deal. He'd demand 400k despite the fact he's a 200k player. We can't afford to overvalue him like that. Furthermore, he's proven that if we aren't in good form, he's not one of our leaders, possibly even being a divisive figure in the dressing room. He's not perfect for us and we're not perfect for him.
I agree with everything you say. If we replace him well but with who? I’d rather someone who wants to be here and rocks the boat far less, that’s for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.