Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
WS one of our better players tonight at a 3/10. Why he stood 5 yards away from Burke and watched him receive the ball twice I don't know.

Kamprad

You guys are delusional. He’s overhyped offensively and a liability defensively. He makes too many mistakes and are just lazy. He won’t win you titles. More likely you’ll win less titles. At least as a DM. His defending on that second goal was horrific. And no one criticizes him.

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

He was the dominant player on the pitch for the first 10 minutes, far better than anyone else. Unfortunately after that he dropped down to the same level as everyone else on our team.
To be fair in that first 10 minutes Bruno was playing in midfield with him so he had options and people to play the ball to. After that 10 he was left in midfield by himself as Matic decided he wanted to play as a left sided CB and Bruno went off to do his usual and play as a striker or winger. He was pretty much put in to a position where he was never going to succeed.
Not the first game he’s been hung out to dry like that.

criticalanalysis

Pogba is our most creative, effective and efficient chance creator ANYWHERE around outside the penalty box bar none. Elite footwork, agility, ability and awareness. Absolutely perfect when we play against a low block defence.

What do we do? Play him a deep two and have four kamikaze attackers in front of him. We put so much emphasis in the 10 position, attacking wide players (wingers and full backs) we completely lack any sort of subtlety or actual plan to control the middle. Utterly baffling.

He was poor for the 2nd goal imo and didn't raise his game but it's absolutely infuriating we ask him to be a glorified midfield enforcer and ball recyler.

Canagel

Pogba is our most creative, effective and efficient chance creator ANYWHERE around outside the penalty box bar none. Elite footwork, agility, ability and awareness. Absolutely perfect when we play against a low block defence.

What do we do? Play him a deep two and have four kamikaze attackers in front of him. We put so much emphasis in the 10 position, attacking wide players (wingers and full backs) we completely lack any sort of subtlety or actual plan to control the middle. Utterly baffling.

He was poor for the 2nd goal imo and didn't raise his game but it's absolutely infuriating we ask him to be a glorified midfield enforcer and ball recyler.
By a distance .

Last edited:
Arsenal 0:0 Man Utd

el3mel

Had overall a quality game. Lots of quality balls that we didn't benefit from. If not for AWB's fantastic defensive display second half, I would have voted him MOTM.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've never seen Pogba be so... Within himself.

Don't think he played a pass longer then 10 years tonight... Hell he didn't even stupidly try to hold off 5 players at once at any point!

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Really good again. Shame we seem to only be able to get one or two players at a time playing well

lost7

Played like a regular midfielder and not like Pogba. Didn't try anything too fancy, no long balls, no creativity... Just kept it simple and that's not what we need from him.

Seeing as Bruno has been pretty meh the last month, I would give him a week of rest and play Pogba in his position

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played like a regular midfielder and not like Pogba. Didn't try anything too fancy, no long balls, no creativity... Just kept it simple and that's not what we need from him.

Seeing as Bruno has been pretty meh the last month, I would give him a week of rest and play Pogba in his position
Unfortunately, it is when we play him deep. Especially away at Arsenal. I’m inclined to agree with you in principle, in that I prefer him to be the ‘fancier’ and more creative version of Pogba - but I feel like realistically, that Pogba could no longer exist with any regularity since we signed Bruno.

He'sRaldo

Very good today, but still too reserved and focused on defense.

I prefer the unleashed version of him.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Played well in patches, when he was on the ball the team had possession. When he didn't it was all defence.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Honestly I have no complaints. He plays disciplined and gets around which means as long as his head doesn't drop he'll be consistently good.

Plymouth Red

Have to say that his recent form, effort and attitude has been so much better and it’s great to see.
The difference between him now and the early part of the season is chalk and cheese.
And thank goodness, because we are carrying Martial, Rashford and Greenwood currently and another non-contributor would screw us completely.

NinjaFletch

Good on the ball, particularly crucial in the 20 minute spell at the end of the first half where we were on top.

I think also a game that sums up why he didn’t start in the midfield 2 as well, and was partly responsible for when we were over run. It’s harsh to call him a luxury player, because I think he tries hard enough without the ball, he just doesn’t have any real aptitude for it.

Devil may care

Much like Fred I thought he was fine, tried to progess our play but the front 4 was offering nothing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played well in patches, when he was on the ball the team had possession. When he didn't it was all defence.
What does this actually mean? Sounds either confusing or a statement of the obvious or logical.

Sylar

Very disciplined when he was moved deeper. Shame as I thought he was having a good game further ahead

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
What does this actually mean? Sounds either confusing or a statement of the obvious or logical.
The parts of the game where we had controlled possession, he was at the heart of it.

There was praise for him in the Guardian recently, but I'm still confident that he was better in previous seasons:

Red & White

Played well but it would’ve been better if we’d got him on the ball more. The change of position didn’t help, obviously. Keep up the good form. We just need our forwards to start hitting any sort of run now, please.

lex talionis

A class performance, but had no help at all apart from a solid performance from Shaw.

It’s a good thing no other club on the planet can afford him, as Pogba would be outta here in a flash this summer.

Mr Smith

Is that not what we have been asking him to do in the big games for years? I was very worried when Scott went off and he had to go deep, felt he would be pressed and vulnerable, but I thought he provided a very mature performance and started a lot of moves. Doesn't seem fair to criticise him today when we made more than enough chances to win the game.

A-man

Another good game. Today more of a work horse than his normal creative game. Don’t know if that is the best use of him but he did very well.

meamth

Untouchable since how many games now?

Kept it simple, powerhouse, aerial presence, and consistency.

Why can't we have both Bruno and him on form?? :mad:

criticalanalysis

Just gonna quote my last post and it's the same story.

Get this man playing closer to the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.