Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah it’s corona. I’ll add that to the 37 other excuses created by you and other fanboys in last 4 years.

he’s not even a show pony anymore. Fellaini consistently offered more in midfield

tell you what, ring up your mate Paul and take him back to France so you can have him all to yourself.
Exactly. Other than when Ole took over as caretaker his Utd career has been an absolute shambles.

No more excuses. He's been a pathetic signing really.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think I can finally say that Pogba’s lack of contribution to Manchester United is no longer the Elephant in the Room!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The impression i get is that he is really good in training. He has to be because Ole is starting him. But i think the pressure gets to him big time during the actual match. He looks like he gets nervous.

Edit: Maybe the pressure of the price tag.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I love Pogba, always defend him but he was horrendous today, just as he was last week.

Not sure what is, seems unfit, low on confidence and just slow. Ole should not have started him and should have been taken off earlier.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
People are forgetting that Pogba as of 3 weeks ago had Coronavirus. Give him some slack ffs. Calling him embarrassing and a disgrace. He’s clearly not fit and that’s on Ole starting him tbh.
Coronavirus is f’all to a footballer in his prime and as if he’d be playing if he was still hit with it. He’ll have some good games this season, but the type he had today are a bit too frequent. He hasn’t had Coronavirus for 4 years, has he?

KennyBurner

I don’t think we can make excuses for him anymore. For someone with so much quality he lacks the basics.

Look at matic today. Very composed and assertive. Why can’t pogba control a game that well? He makes too many errors and sometimes is too sluggish to the ball.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He doesn't need constant excuses. This is how he has always been! Even at Juventus he would have performances like this. The only difference is he isn't banging in a goal from 30 yards anymore to mask his inconsistent play.

AsonUnique

People are forgetting that Pogba as of 3 weeks ago had Coronavirus. Give him some slack ffs. Calling him embarrassing and a disgrace. He’s clearly not fit and that’s on Ole starting him tbh.
I felt this after the Palace game too. I would think it has to be clear in training he isn't ready yet. Start VdB and bring Pogba on as a sub until he's ready. Ease him in so he doesn't get another knock or lose anymore confidence.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Clearly not fit, and needs to be played further forward. Gets exposed sitting deep without runners to help him out/quick CBs.

starman

The amount of medical data United would have on Pogba pre covid would be huge. And grown even larger after contracting covid. There would be imagery of all his vital organs.
Hes not a random person on the street that has had covid and doesnt appear to have any lasting affects.
If Pogba had any issues the medical team would stop Ole from selecting him, especially when it's dealing with your lungs and heart.

But of course the self appointed caf doctors know best, that its covid that affecting his performance...it can only be that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Disrespected the lad's profession then talks more garbage. Why bother coming to this thread...

He is the only one we have. At this moment he is badly in need of match fitness.

Hope he puts in some work on his own because he needs it.

Both are false, I have never seen a more immobile Paul than since he got Corona.

Having seen this virus give people symptoms long after it 'supposedly' left their system I will give him the benefit of doubt.
Let's revisit this in a month time when you run out of the excuse of covid, I've seen him play like this several times during his entire Utd career.
He can be so much better indeed and has been much better than that. I just don't think he has that will in him to do it at Utd anymore.
It's fecking nuts to me that covid is used as en excuse now when the club deems him fit and we have other alternatives anyway.
He had covid but I'm not sure it affected him like you are insinuating, he would never have started anyway

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Let's revisit this in a month time when you run out of the excuse of covid, I've seen him play like this several times during his entire Utd career.
And Juventus career.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Yeah it’s corona. I’ll add that to the 37 other excuses created by you and other fanboys in last 4 years.

he’s not even a show pony anymore. Fellaini consistently offered more in midfield

tell you what, ring up your mate Paul and take him back to France so you can have him all to yourself.
Would gladly ask the club to allow Paul to leave so I can enjoy his football elsewhere in a better system. Would say the same for Anthony as well.

Regardless Paul needs to get fit even if he does leave.

As for the bolded, it's easy to act tough when you sit in 'suspected' anonymity behind your keyboard but I digress. Carry on.

Adamsk7

Can people stop with the coronavirus stuff please. We have a full team of Doctors, physios, sports scientists and top medical facilities - if Pogba was suffering from any after effects of Covid, he would not be playing -period. The fact is, despite coming back before Bruno, he’s unfit and out of form. to me, he has been a massive disappointment since the day he arrived. At first it was just consistency he lacked but now I’d give anything for him to just have one of his occasional quality games!

BIG season for him - if he doesn’t improve and consistently be a good player for us, he needs to leave. We won’t win anything with the current Pogba in our team - there are mid table midfielders with 1/5th of his ability that would offer us more on a regular basis

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Would gladly ask the club to allow Paul to leave so I can enjoy his football elsewhere in a better system. Would say the same for Anthony as well.

As for the bolded, it's easy to act tough when you sit in 'suspected' anonymity behind your keyboard but I digress. Carry on.
When he leaves you are welcome to follow him to his new club.

What a fraud he is. Forget Scholes Robson n Keane. He's not even reached Carrick and Paul Ince levels for us. He's probably on a par with Veron at United and that didn't go great.

Sick of the nonsense. Sick of the excuses. He doesn't have the desire and heart to be a top player.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Remember Southampton at home last season. He got caught in possession if i remember correctly for Southamtons first goal. Then against West Ham he gave away the penalty with his stupid hand ball. That was before he contracted the virus.

You could go back to when we signed him and pick out the performances where he has not delivered. I would speculate that it is one out of three for every good match and two out of three for the bad performances.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

So take him away. ASAP make it happen big man. Also go with him. You will not be missed. Neither will Pogba.

hungrywing

The impression i get is that he is really good in training. He has to be because Ole is starting him. But i think the pressure gets to him big time during the actual match. He looks like he gets nervous.

Edit: Maybe the pressure of the price tag.
Could also be political. Pogba's a Woodward signing.

The footballing peoples' signing (Bruno) has been outshining Woodward's signing.

Woodward's also proven himself to be petty and vindictive. Ole might sense he needs to stroke Woodward's ego while the latter's in charge of bringing in more players.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The amount of medical data United would have on Pogba pre covid would be huge. And grown even larger after contracting covid. There would be imagery of all his vital organs.
Hes not a random person on the street that has had covid and doesnt appear to have any lasting affects.
If Pogba had any issues the medical team would stop Ole from selecting him, especially when it's dealing with your lungs and heart.

But of course the self appointed caf doctors know best, that its covid that affecting his performance...it can only be that.
Has he had Covid for last 4 years too?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
When he leaves you are welcome to follow him to his new club.

What a fraud he is. Forget Scholes Robson n Keane. He's not even reached Carrick and Paul Ince levels for us. He's probably on a par with Veron at United and that didn't go great.

Sick of the nonsense. Sick of the excuses. He doesn't have the desire and heart to be a top player.
He’s not even contributed what Fellaini gave us! He’s Gibson level

Jaxa

Pogba is a fantastic player, no one on this planet who knows football can deny this, however the issue he has is he relies heavily on certain elements around him to be almost perfect that then allow him to be the best Pogba he can be, and he's almost unplayable when he is in that mode, but for United he is almost a big fish in a smaller pond and I don't believe he is that type of player to lead a team of inexperienced players to another level, some players have it and some don't, nothing wrong with that,

I don't think this environment or team are right for him at this stage in his career and as exciting as it was when we signed Pogba it was a bad move for all parties involved, I don't want Pogba to be sold because i dislike him or don't think he is good enough for us, he just isn't the right player for us at the moment which is a shame but the harsh reality for us as fans and as a club.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He’s not even contributed what Fellaini gave us! He’s Gibson level
Not even I agree with that. He's been better than Fellaini mate but the fact we are having to even say this just shows you how poor he's been.

If he gets a bumper 400k a week contract Ed Woodward needs hanging in the Street.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The key part of that is he missed preseason preparation. He‘s clearly not as fit as the rest of players.
This argument is so annoying. So why is Ole starting him then? Start Fred or Van De Beek then instead.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Pogba is a fantastic player, no one on this planet who knows football can deny this, however the issue he has is he relies heavily on certain elements around him to be almost perfect that then allow him to be the best Pogba he can be, and he's almost unplayable when he is in that mode, but for United he is almost a big fish in a smaller pond and I don't believe he is that type of player to lead a team of inexperienced players to another level, some players have it and some don't, nothing wrong with that,

I don't think this environment or team are right for him at this stage in his career and as exciting as it was when we signed Pogba it was a bad move for all parties involved, I don't want Pogba to be sold because i dislike him or don't think he is good enough for us, he just isn't the right player for us at the moment which is a shame but the harsh reality for us as fans and as a club.
He's not a fantastic player at all. He's a player who has moments that are fantastic. Few and far between but they do come.

Fantastic players do it consistently. He doesn't.

Tarrou

whatever the reason for his poor form he needs dropping

I'd get Fred in there

starman

Has he had Covid for last 4 years too?
Not enough world class players around him
Needs time to adapt
Players not on the same wave length
Wrong manager
Wrong position
Doesn't look fit
Not recovered from injury
Opponents tackling him, instead of allowing him to pass or shoot...

Ace of Spades

He has not looked back to his best since coming back from his injury, but since the season started he has been abysmal.

I don't know about his fitness etc, but his performances are obviously been terrible so far, pointing out the obvious is not some agenda or whatever.

SAFMUTD

Thats another shit show from him, I expect him to be dropped for Fred or VDB for next game. He's been nothing short of awful against Palace and Brighton.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Maybe there's a contract stand off going on. Maybe that's why he looks like he'd rather be just about anywhere else right now.

Sick of him. Should have got rid last summer and cashed in what we could.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Paul’s not been in great form and his fitness doesn’t look good, it’s a bit worrying.

Getting corona in pre season has really knocked him, but we know how good he can be.

Unfortunately against teams that press us hard and fast he struggles.
He's just them players that plays good once in a while. So did Been Arfa and Taarabt... I'm sick and tired of waiting for that performance. Hope he gets dropped for the next game.

Last edited:

RUCK4444

Can’t defend his performances in these first two games, he’s clearly not fit, not sure if that positive Covid test meant he started full sessions later than the rest?

I’d sub him for VDB in the next match until he gets up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.