6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Think he's been a lot better since he's stopped being the main man in the squad. The focus is all on Bruno / Rashford and Pogba can just do his thing w/o every touch / pass / bad game being scrutinized to death.

I'd be delighted if he signs the extension but if he left, his performances from the left are a preview of what United would look like with Grealish as his replacement.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's scored in his first goal at OT in 2 years tonight.

The criticism is justified. He was great secind half today but the fact it's his first goal at home in 2 years shows he's not done the business enough.
Iniesta must be a very poor midfielder to you then.

Son

I still can’t believe Pogba is even getting hate still. The guy is a class act for us. This season he’s just been a joy to watch.

The kind of player we should all want in a United shirt for as long as possible.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has been consistently good this season so a lot of the criticisms don't hold water.
Bringing up the previous four years is a non sequitur.

tjb

Funny enough, we may do well to sign him on in the left midfield role. We could save money on Sancho and spend it elsewhere ( midfield). We would be wise to rotate Greenwood/Rashford on the right and sign a good striker ( that can also rotate with Greenwood) using the money we get from selling Martial. The rotation up front would mean that we would not necessarily need to sign a Kane or Haaland, but rather an Andre Silva or Belotti. That way we can temporarily have an Andy Cole/ Solksjaer or Drogba/Gudjohnsen relationship up top. Truth is, there are not many strikers worth the big bucks at the moment and waiting on Greenwood to take that role may be the best option. Chelsea are even being rumoured to be in for Lukaku again.

We can then spend money on the midfield and defence. A centre back with good heading ability, positioning an fitness that can replace Lindelof. Most importantly a midfielder that can help our build up play without disrupting our ability to protect the defence. A Kessie, Paredes or Camavinga would do. Maybe Saul Niguez if we have enough money.

Marwood

Very good. To me these performances on the left are a step up from what he was giving us in centre mid.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Have to hold my hand up and admit i was wrong. I wanted him gone after his agents antics earlier this season, but in hindsight that was fecking stupid.

Hes impossible to replace as his mixture of physique and technique is completely unique to him. Incredible athlete

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
i disagree. He’s in great form the last few weeks, but earlier in the season he was poor (although potentially due to COVID), and has been out injured a fair amount.

not doubting his talent, not commenting on his attitude, but he’s deffo not a consistent player.
When fully fit he's been consistent and there is no "potentially" about Covid affecting him. Ole and himself said it several times. Deschamps too while we're at it.

kouroux

Have to hold my hand up and admit i was wrong. I wanted him gone after his agents antics earlier this season, but in hindsight that was fecking stupid.

Hes impossible to replace as his mixture of physique and technique is completely unique to him. Incredible athlete
I wouldn't say your reaction was stupid. It was understandable given what Raiola was saying was disgraceful.
The main thing is not to have these things color our views regarding how he can perform and be useful for the team. One can want him sold but one cannot deny that Utd is better with him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That Zidane was rubbish ey? Iniesta too. Give me Tim Cahill any day.
Never said Pogba was rubbish. He's definitely not rubbish. I just don't think he's been a good signing overall. If he played like he did last night more of the time this conversation wouldn't even be a thing.

Classical Mechanic

He played very well, bettered only by Cavani and Bruno. The handball was rash though. He didn't even need to slide for it as the Roma player was sliding just to get a contact on it. It was a low threat situation that he misread.

kouroux

He played very well, bettered only by Cavani and Bruno. The handball was rash though. He didn't even need to slide for it as the Roma player was sliding just to get a contact on it. It was a low threat situation that he misread.
Exactly. He could have tackled less weirdly alongside the Roma player just to be sure to block the space. It was a mistake in the end it didn't cost us

Marwood

When fully fit he's been consistent and there is no "potentially" about Covid affecting him. Ole and himself said it several times. Deschamps too while we're at it.
He's visibly fitter now than he has been for two years. Even without covid and possible effects I don't think he was in his best shape. Until recently he's looked heavy for a quite a while.

I just hope this summer, staying or leaving, there's no messing about. Just make a quick decision so we can crack on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Absolute top class. Thread has followed a predictable pattern I see, however. World class player.
It's weird and also surprising it took so long to follow the pattern.

Also Pogba scored 28 goals averaging 381 mins per goal, playing so many games in deeper midfield --> Not good enough, not enough goal threat.

KdB - 41 goals averaging 336 mins per goal. Great player, GOAT, consistently goal threat. He plays as attacking mid every game.

p.s - Now I know few folks will throw assists stats when they didn't bother to do that when comparing McTominay and Pogba's goal scoring record this season

kouroux

He's visibly fitter now than he has been for two years. Even without covid and possible effects I don't think he was in his best shape. Until recently he's looked heavy for a quite a while.

I just hope this summer, staying or leaving, there's no messing about. Just make a quick decision so we can crack on.
French pundits were saying last night he lost a few pounds so you may be right

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, he makes stupid mistakes in our box and a liability. Hope he cuts this out.

This one, penalty vs West Ham when he had all the time to duck, stupid penalty vs Liverpool, even more stupid penalty vs Arsenal when the player was going nowhere in the box.

Marwood

French pundits were saying last night he lost a few pounds so you may be right
I think you can see it in his face. The cheekbones are back.

If you look at him over last couple of seasons then look at him when he came from Juve it's quite a difference.

Looking lean now though, he's blasting away from players again. It's been a while.

Alemar

6G+6A so far this season. Not that much but given he is so involved in creating attacks and making passes in the build up, his utility is huge.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why are you so obsessed with the amount of goals Pogba has scored? He isn't a goal scorer, nor is he a striker. It's not his job.

Would you feel better if Bruno earned more than Pogba?
Because the goalposts obviously have to shift every time. It’s been happening ever since Paul Pogba joined this football club for a lot of people.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
6G+6A so far this season. Not that much but given he is so involved in creating attacks and making passes in the build up, his utility is huge.
Yep no assist for the first, second or third goals yesterday but his contribution to each was huge

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Transfermarkt has it as 7 assists. That works out to a G/A every 185~ minutes. That’s good numbers from a pseudo CM/LM hybrid that Pogba has been this season.

MattofManchester

Probably a game that encapsulates Paul Pogba.
Offensively World Class. Defensively always prone to making a blunder.

If he cuts out that second bit, which, if we're real, has always been a problem, then there's really nothing you can critique him for.

Bondi77

I thought he played really well and I loved the goal, classic centre forward header.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I still can’t believe Pogba is even getting hate still. The guy is a class act for us. This season he’s just been a joy to watch.

The kind of player we should all want in a United shirt for as long as possible.
Maybe because he's continually under performed and let his agent and brother talk crap about us for 3 years.

People are saying he performs like last night every week now. It's mental how delusional our fan base is. If he played like the 2nd half last night a lot more there wouldnt even be a debate.

Still have loads on here who think he's better than Bruno too. He isnt.

Godfather

Very good again. Can't fault his performances this season at all. Been good throughout bar his spell after getting Covid.

BlackBen

Maybe because he's continually under performed and let his agent and brother talk crap about us for 3 years.

People are saying he performs like last night every week now. It's mental how delusional our fan base is. If he played like the 2nd half last night a lot more there wouldnt even be a debate.

Still have loads on here who think he's better than Bruno too. He isnt.
Give it a rest. We know you don’t like Pogba, we get it. You don’t need to go around telling everyone how delusional they are because you’re the only one who can see that Pogba isn’t the great player they think he is.

Talk about supporting your own players eh? Did Pogba piss in your cornflakes? Why so much hate towards one of our best players?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He's been very good, one of our key players no doubt. Without him, we wouldn't be able to create in the final third. Still don't get why people give him so much heat, but then again so did Ronaldo here

united for life

i guess it’s the nonsense we keep hearing off the pitch from his agent that keeps the fans on their toes with Paul. He’s been fantastic this season. He even seems to be enjoying himself on the pitch and his body language changed significantly this season. He looks more committed, more eager to win. He’s quality (forget his defending!), any team in the world would want him. Ole has also done a good job with him.

but again, all the speculations are what keep the “hate” coming…

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Give it a rest. We know you don’t like Pogba, we get it. You don’t need to go around telling everyone how delusional they are because you’re the only one who can see that Pogba isn’t the great player they think he is.

Talk about supporting your own players eh? Did Pogba piss in your cornflakes? Why so much hate towards one of our best players?
I just don't get why so many people are so ignorant to the fact that he's not served us well and has let a lot of crap been said about us. Like I have said on this thread a lot we seem to have people who like Pogba more than the club. It's like a cult and Martial has something similar with him. I just don't get it.

I thought Pogba was brilliant second half last night. I have said that numerous times. I just don't let bias rule my head and can see the big picture.

Dolf

I've said it 1000 times before: he belongs on the left.
It's where he played for Juventus with two midfielders behind him to do the dirty work. He's also not really a #10 so he needs one in front of him too. This gives him a free creative role in which he excels. Unfortunately that means Rashford can't start unless we change formation.

Withnail

Why is it that Pogba himself says he was clumsy with his handball, and that he needs to improve, but many fans on here think he did nothing wrong?
In the interview, he was joking that he can't tackle because he's given away so many penalties this year and that obviously he needs to improve as he doesn't want to give away penalties.

After joking that he probably just shouldn't tackle at all, he then said he needs to practice tackling without using his arms but he seemed a bit perplexed and relieved as it didn't affect the result. This was all quite light-hearted as we'd won well and didn't seem like serious analysis at all. It was quite a funny interview.

Was there another interview, where he said he was clumsy in that instance with the handball?

AgentSmith

I just don't get why so many people are so ignorant to the fact that he's not served us well and has let a lot of crap been said about us. Like I have said on this thread a lot we seem to have people who like Pogba more than the club. It's like a cult and Martial has something similar with him. I just don't get it.

I thought Pogba was brilliant second half last night. I have said that numerous times. I just don't let bias rule my head and can see the big picture.
Why do you keep ignoring the vital contributions Pogba has consistently made across the entire season then?

Rossa

Probably a game that encapsulates Paul Pogba.
Offensively World Class. Defensively always prone to making a blunder.

If he cuts out that second bit, which, if we're real, has always been a problem, then there's really nothing you can critique him for.
The Norwegian commentators talked about Solskjær moving him out of central midfield and higher up the pitch because in central midfield he sometimes loses the ball and puts the team under pressure. That is very true, and sometimes he takes too long on the ball and loses it. If in a deeper position that is a problem. If higher up the pitch, there's a Fred-terrier behind him to make life harder for the counter.

He's an enigma, as he is different to most players. He's physical, but not in the Yaya Toure mould, and he's not really that fast without the ball, but then he sometimes makes runs with the ball that are outstanding. His passing range, especially long range is the closes thing to Scholes that I can think of. He can also play similar to KDB when he wants to, and he can tackle and dominate in midfield, but that is more erratic. He needs a very solid defensive midfielder in a midfield mix as he can take defensive responsibility, but he shouldn't be asked too much of it. I think he should try the shot more; he really has some power in those boots when he wants to. How many times did he hit the woodwork in his first season with us, 12?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Why do you keep ignoring the vital contributions Pogba has consistently made across the entire season then?
I don't. He's been better last few months but still that isn't enough for me to put my head up my backside and pretend everything is rosy and he's been a top signing. Overall he's been a fairly average signing for us due to consistency and value.

And he's scored 6 goals and got 6 assists in 39 apps. Let's not go overboard eh?

Pickle85

He's just brilliant to watch when he's on song. Brilliant on the ball, great feet, cracking eye for a pass (some of those cross field pick outs yesterday were wonderful) and absolutely strong as an ox. Sure, he has occasions where he'll have a bit of a brain fart and give the ball away in a silly area or be a bit lackadaisical in possession and get robbed, but he really is so important to us. In a lot of ways, I wish he wasn't as I have my doubts as to whether he'll stick around and, if he does, whether he'll ever become as consistent as we all want him to be but it's undeniable that when he's on, he's almost unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.